Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing Leslie Parrish - Save Me

Anime and Manga Forum Rules
ā€¢ Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
ā€¢ Use the Search function or read the Index of All Threads before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal or actual warning (if this rule is violated repeatedly).
ā€¢ Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.
ā€¢ Discussion of yaoi/yuri is permitted, however, posting any sexual content and material is strictly prohibited and will result in an actual warning.
ā€¢ Please use spoiler tags when addressing a spoiler. Violating this rule may earn you a verbal warning. Please read this thread for more information on how to use spoiler tags.
ā€¢ Please ensure that when posting images that the images are at a reasonable resolution (i.e. 640 x 480 and below) or that you use a thumbnail to link to the original sized image.

Ā» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

10 Pages  « 8 9 10  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 95,161  ·  Replies: 244 
> Licenced cars/bikes in manga/anime
kazahana
Posted: Jan 29 2013, 07:28 AM

IDW's Resident Yoyoer

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 21,778

Hikaru No Go
Ogata drives a Red FD3S.

Muv-Luv Extra
Kouzuki Yuuko drives an orange Lancia Stratos

That's all in my mind now. Haaaah.
Tuskano
Posted: May 5 2013, 09:19 PM

IDW Supremo Member

Member No.: 38,740

What!!! So I recently found out from a fellow 3000 friend that the 3000 has already been in Initial D! It's from the Team Spiral episode.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1134 x 588. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
Nomake Wan
Posted: May 5 2013, 09:59 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (Tuskano @ 40 minutes, 24 seconds ago)
What!!! So I recently found out from a fellow 3000 friend that the 3000 has already been in Initial D! It's from the Team Spiral episode.

http://i43.tinypic.com/30w7ajb.jpg

Yep, the GTO 3D model's been in since at least Wangan Midnight, though it may have been featured before in as early as Third Stage. The SVX was the same way.

Poke through the series, I'm sure you can find much earlier examples.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: May 17 2013, 10:59 PM

Patient Zero

Member No.: 37,947

user posted image

Licensed or not I just have to share this.

Old I know. But hey, I'm a slowpoke. What do you expect? Holy cow! A REAL LIFE SIZED VERSION OF THE DOUBLE CHASERS FROM TIGER&BUNNY! ARGH I want. If they really run too, that would be awesome! dribble.gif

This post has been edited by THE_HONDA_CG2 on Feb 2 2014, 08:14 PM
kyonpalm
Posted: May 18 2013, 09:59 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (THE_HONDA_CG2 @ Today, 2:59 AM)
http://cdn03.animenewsnetwork.com/thumbnai...33/gig_0013.jpg

Licensed or not I just have to share this.

Old I know. But hey, I'm a slowpoke. What do you expect? Holy cow! A REAL LIFE SIZED VERSION OF THE DOUBLE CHASERS FROM TIGER&BUNNY! ARGH I want. If they really run too, that would be awesome! dribble.gif

That looks so cool! Especially the part on it that says "no hotlinking"!
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
ZeetherKID77
Posted: Nov 2 2013, 02:54 PM

Move it, bucko

Member No.: 2,311

In Cardfight!! Vanguard, Shin (the card shop owner) has a Volkswagen bus (with a single V logo, lol):

user posted image

And in Ken Akamatsu's new manga, UQ Holder!, there's a BUNCH of Mercedes Benz that appear in one chapter including an old 600.

This post has been edited by ZeetherKID77 on Nov 2 2013, 02:57 PM
BOZZ
Posted: Dec 11 2013, 04:23 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

So in the second last episode of this comedy I've been watching on Crunchy called My Mental Choices are Completely Interfering with my School Romantic Comedy (Ore no Nonai Sentakushi ga, Gakuen Rabu Kome o Zenryoku de Jama Shiteiru), had a bit of an Initial D reference where this mid-size van was racing a GT-R:

SPOILER

SPOILER
ZeetherKID77
Posted: Jan 10 2014, 06:22 PM

Move it, bucko

Future Card Buddyfight has a teacher who owns a Caterham:

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 852 x 468. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
Tuskano
Posted: Jan 31 2014, 02:42 PM

IDW Supremo Member

Member No.: 38,740

Daihatsu Hijet on Natsuiro Kiseki...

user posted image
Venny503
Posted: Feb 26 2014, 03:13 PM

IDW Expert Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 42,095

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 828 x 598. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XczdFCJaGlE
Reposting the Dai Mahou Touge AE86.

Also, FD3S in Sakurasou (if it wasn't posted already)

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 842 x 472. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

This post has been edited by Venny503 on Feb 26 2014, 03:16 PM
Rain197
Posted: May 24 2015, 05:46 AM

euro☆neko

Member No.: 45,553

Great Transporter Ryuji (GT-R) (GTO spin off) [Manga - One Shot]

- Kawasaki (i know nothing about bikes but Kawasaki it's written on it)
- Nissan GT-R (R35)
- Porsche 911 GT2 (997)
- Rolls Royce Ghost
- Toyota Crown GRS180 (maybe?) (Police Car)
- Lamborghini Diablo
- Lamborghini Gallardo
- Lamborghini MurciƩlago
- Lamborghini Reventon
- Porsche 911 (996) (maybe?)
- Porsche 911 (901) or (911)
- Ferrari 458
- Ferrari F430

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 811 x 1081. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

This post has been edited by Rain197 on Nov 7 2015, 06:17 AM
Rain197
Posted: Nov 7 2015, 07:26 AM

euro☆neko

Alice in Borderland

What i like in this one it's when they have to escape to K♠, the vehicle change. There's no magic in this one.

First, it's a Toyota Prius III (XW30)
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1841 x 1403. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Then, it's a Toyota Prius II (XW20)
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1777 x 1399. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Finally, it was a Suzuki Swift II
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 893 x 1399. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

And there's a Lamborghini Aventador (notice the rear wheels)
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1812 x 1399. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Last Hero Inuyashiki

Mazda 2
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 2048 x 1421. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Ferrari 458
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 926 x 1413. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Lesson of the Evil

Mazda RX-8
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 2006 x 1433. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Porsche Cayman
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 2006 x 1425. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Prophecy

Honda NSX
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1045 x 1445. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Mini Cooper
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1045 x 1413. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

This post has been edited by Rain197 on Nov 7 2015, 11:26 AM
Rain197
Posted: Apr 20 2016, 06:41 AM

euro☆neko

BTOOOM!

Porsche 911 GT3
SPOILER

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 2096 x 1432. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

This post has been edited by Rain197 on Apr 20 2016, 06:41 AM
BOZZ
Posted: Apr 25 2016, 10:45 PM

There's a new series called Bakuon about high school girls who are into motorcycles and form a motorcycle club at high school - it's sort of like K-ON but with bikes.

The bikes that so far appear in the series:
  • Honda CB400SF Hyper VTEC Spec III.
  • Suzuki GSX400S Katana
  • Yamaha SEROW225W
  • Ducati 750SS Imola Replica
  • Kawasaki Ninja ZX-12R
  • Honda Racing NSF 100
  • Suzuki 1135R Katana Yoshimura
  • Honda CB400SF

This post has been edited by BOZZ on Apr 25 2016, 10:46 PM
ZeetherKID77
Posted: Jul 9 2016, 10:57 PM

Move it, bucko

Detective Conan has an entire episode about a mysterious white Efini FD3S that is supposedly driven by a witch because of the squealing it makes, and the drivers of said car mention "four hairpins" when Conan and the crew chase after them in a Toyota Crown (there's an orange Evo X in the preceding episode too that they chase the FD with and it hits a guardrail...)

user posted image
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 704 x 396. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Satou also drives a red FD. And uses it to catch the crooks.

user posted image

Another episode later on mentions street racing and there's a flashback with a white S15 and someone driving an Impreza. The teams mentioned are the "Black Stars" and "Red Comets" so it's also a Gundam reference! laugh2.gif

This post has been edited by ZeetherKID77 on Jul 9 2016, 10:58 PM
BOZZ
Posted: Jul 10 2016, 03:29 PM

QUOTE (BOZZ @ Apr 26 2016, 02:45 AM)
There's a new series called Bakuon about high school girls who are into motorcycles and form a motorcycle club at high school - it's sort of like K-ON but with bikes.

The bikes that so far appear in the series:
  • Honda CB400SF Hyper VTEC Spec III.
  • Suzuki GSX400S Katana
  • Yamaha SEROW225W
  • Ducati 750SS Imola Replica
  • Kawasaki Ninja ZX-12R
  • Honda Racing NSF 100
  • Suzuki 1135R Katana Yoshimura
  • Honda CB400SF

Coincidentally in an episode of Bakuon there is a flashback to a supporting character's past where they are at a bike meet on a mountain pass, and lo and behold, there is a parked Initial D-style AE86 (carbon fibre hood and all!) there.

Later in the series a new character appears in the main cast (more on her later), who rides a Honda NSF100 on the circuit and although it's not a bike, but rather a scooter, she also drives a Honda PCX150 on the road.

There are some other bikes that appear that are driven by the supporting cast which include: BMW K1300R, Honda CBR1000RR (I have a feeling this series is Honda-biased, not that I have anything against that) and a Suzuki 1135R Katana Yoshimura; also one of the cast gets her own bike which at first is a Honda Super Club until she learns to properly ride a bike and then gets a Ducati 1199 Panigale S that has been detuned to comply with Japanese regulations with regards to minors not being permitted to drive bikes with a higher displacement engine than 400cc.

What's funny is at the time I posted the above I called it K-ON with bikes, and by the time I reached the end of the series just yesterday, that has been proved to be nearly 100% true.

The main character, Hane, is a slightly ditzy girl whose 1-year younger sister is far more responsible and takes care of most chores, reminding me of Yui from K-ON, then there is Hijiri, a girl from a wealthy family, the slightly boyish Onsa, that reminds me of Ritsu, and as the story progresses to the main character's second year they recruit a first year student named Chisame NAKANO (even the same last name as Asuza!) that resembles K-ON's Asuza in appearance and also having a backstory where she comes from a family of talented individuals (in K-ON, Asuza's parents are musicians, in Bakuon her father is a former professional motorcyclist and her mother also rode motorcycles).

The only K-ON analogue that is missing is Mio. The main cast includes two other characters, Raimu-sempai (she's sort of like an ambiguous aged, version of the Stig in this series) and Rin (coincidentally their last names reflect their favourite motorcycle manufacturer, Kawasaki and Suzuki respectively), who aren't even remotely similar to the shy, easily embarrassed Mio.

Nevertheless, it's a good series.
Rain197
Posted: Jul 11 2016, 07:55 AM

euro☆neko

Nissan Fairlady S30 in Ino-Head Gargoyle vol.4

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1928 x 1400. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
ZeetherKID77
Posted: Nov 13 2016, 07:51 PM

Move it, bucko

Guess what showed up in Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 956 x 534. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
Shirogane
Posted: Nov 14 2016, 09:45 PM

SCREEEEEEECHING INTENSIFIES

Member No.: 17,722

QUOTE (ZeetherKID77 @ Jul 9 2016, 11:57 PM)
Detective Conan has an entire episode about a mysterious white Efini FD3S that is supposedly driven by a witch because of the squealing it makes, and the drivers of said car mention "four hairpins" when Conan and the crew chase after them in a Toyota Crown (there's an orange Evo X in the preceding episode too that they chase the FD with and it hits a guardrail...)

http://i.imgur.com/HHxPH1u.gif
http://i.imgur.com/S1BUcjZ.png

http://i.imgur.com/gFavrM6.gif

Another episode later on mentions street racing and there's a flashback with a white S15 and someone driving an Impreza. The teams mentioned are the "Black Stars" and "Red Comets" so it's also a Gundam reference!  laugh2.gif

Late, but I'm surprised that you haven't mentioned Amuro's white FD3S. laugh2.gif
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 707 x 462. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

It was involved in a T-bone collision in a case but it's mended.

This post has been edited by Shirogane on Nov 14 2016, 09:54 PM
kyonpalm
Posted: Nov 15 2016, 07:37 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (ZeetherKID77 @ Jul 10 2016, 02:57 AM)

http://i.imgur.com/HHxPH1u.gif
http://i.imgur.com/S1BUcjZ.png

http://i.imgur.com/gFavrM6.gif

Another episode later on mentions street racing and there's a flashback with a white S15 and someone driving an Impreza. The teams mentioned are the "Black Stars" and "Red Comets" so it's also a Gundam reference! laugh2.gif

Also way late to this, but this is why I love Detective Conan.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project

10 Pages  « 8 9 10