Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing DJ Pikachu_Fragger's Total Control Geass CM2

Important Rules
• Do not post any obscene material. (i.e. - nudity, explicit graphic situations ... etc.)
• Put a viewer discretion somewhere in your topic title / description when posting topic(s) that others might find offensive. (i.e. - Not Work Safe, PG13 ... etc.)

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

375 Pages  « 371 372 373 374 375  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 698,900  ·  Replies: 9,367 
> Recent Purchase, What have you bought lately
xiao
Posted: Feb 24 2019, 05:44 PM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

Got some really cute nail polish yesterday at Ulta!😚

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 4032 x 2268. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
umustwait101
Posted: Feb 25 2019, 09:57 PM

Osaka-kun

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 45,912

Look what N1 made me do.

user posted image

This post has been edited by umustwait101 on Feb 25 2019, 10:00 PM
Nomake Wan
Posted: Feb 26 2019, 07:17 AM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (umustwait101 @ 9 hours, 20 minutes ago)
Look what N1 made me do.

https://dchang.no-ip.org/uploads/DSC0468.JPG

Your website's cert expired two weeks ago. whistling.gif

But hey, neat to see ya getting into Gunpla. A lot of older kits I see--how were they for ya? Any plans to attempt a Master Grade or Real Grade? cool.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
umustwait101
Posted: Feb 26 2019, 10:28 AM

Osaka-kun

Member No.: 45,912

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 3 hours, 11 minutes ago)
Your website's cert expired two weeks ago. whistling.gif

But hey, neat to see ya getting into Gunpla. A lot of older kits I see--how were they for ya? Any plans to attempt a Master Grade or Real Grade? cool.gif

Lol. Thanks. I was wondering why my image wasn't showing up.

I've just been sticking with High Grade, as I think they are a great balance between quality, quantity, and price. I get quality I'm happy with, enough stuff to do to keep me occupied without it getting too tedious, and all for a very reasonable (imo) price. I could do this forever, buying $10-20 kits.

This post has been edited by umustwait101 on Feb 26 2019, 10:31 AM
Nerubian
Posted: Mar 8 2019, 07:33 AM

Living in the woods when it's raining in the dark.

Member No.: 36,931

user posted image

One more off my want list, but still so many rare vinyls left.
xiao
Posted: Mar 29 2019, 03:05 AM

moon bunny

faded in Japan with the crew

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 4032 x 2268. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

SPOILER
Nerubian
Posted: Mar 29 2019, 03:09 PM

user posted image

user posted image

That moment when you realize you can't film with 5.1 channels when using XAVC S. dry.gif

But the image quality is awesome. awesome.gif
xiao
Posted: Mar 29 2019, 05:12 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Nerubian @ 2 hours, 2 minutes ago)
That moment when you realize you can't film with 5.1 channels when using XAVC S. dry.gif

But the image quality is awesome. awesome.gif

Expensive RED cameras are notorious for this too ~ it's better to do sound production on it's own ~ high-end cams are usually solely intended for crisp hi-rez dynamic video derp.gif
Nerubian
Posted: Mar 30 2019, 12:08 PM

5.1 channel recording is available only when filming in AVCHD but why isn't it applicable when using XAVC S, I wonder? derp.gif
xiao
Posted: Mar 30 2019, 04:43 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Nerubian @ 4 hours, 34 minutes ago)
5.1 channel recording is available only when filming in AVCHD but why isn't it applicable when using XAVC S, I wonder? derp.gif

Good question ~ because Sony ? user posted image
Nomake Wan
Posted: Mar 31 2019, 01:17 AM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (Nerubian @ Yesterday, 12:08 PM)

Processor limitations, I would imagine.
Nerubian
Posted: Apr 4 2019, 09:47 AM

The most annoying thing though is that you can't switch between PAL and NTSC, so no 29.97 fps on 4K for me.

This post has been edited by Nerubian on Apr 4 2019, 12:26 PM
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 4 2019, 01:50 PM

ShiMACHaze

PAL and NTSC were abolished as standards after the advent of digital television and HD. However, if you're merely referring to framerate (24 vs 25 vs 30 vs 60), then again you're going to run into processor limitations. I'm going to guess your camera is the Sony FDR-AX100. In which case, the specs here...

https://www.sony.com/electronics/handycam-c.../specifications

...list that your 4K framerate choices are Cinema (24 FPS) or TV (30 FPS). Drop to 1080p and you gain access to your Dolby 5.1 and 60 FPS choices. Drop down to 720p and you gain access to 120 FPS.

So yes, I'm gonna go ahead and say it's the way the processing chip was designed. In addition, if the camera wasn't designed to be sold in formerly-PAL regions, then of course it's not going to come with 25 FPS as a valid option for framerate. wink2.gif
Nerubian
Posted: Apr 5 2019, 07:54 AM

Indeed I was talking about framerates. I own the Sony FDR-AX100E so it's the PAL version with only 25 fps in 4K. I don't understand why there are still two different formats instead of one single standard with those 30 fps. There wouldn't have been the need for two different processor types then.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 5 2019, 10:21 AM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (Nerubian @ 2 hours, 26 minutes ago)
Indeed I was talking about framerates. I own the Sony FDR-AX100E so it's the PAL version with only 25 fps in 4K. I don't understand why there are still two different formats instead of one single standard with those 30 fps. There wouldn't have been the need for two different processor types then.

I doubt there are different processors--just different code depending on region. You live in a formerly-PAL region, so you only get PAL-spec framerate options because they figure that's what all your video equipment already runs at.

I hate to sound like an NTSC elitist, but if you don't like it, maybe your electrical grid should've been running at 60Hz 70 years ago. awesome.gif

All jokes aside, their decision to sell two different models rather than a single model is down to business decisions, not technical capability. They could've had 25 FPS as an option on the AX100 and not sold the "E" model at all, but instead they chose to have two models. The only way around that would be if the camera had user-updatable firmware and could be hacked to accept the non-E firmware... or getting rid of it in favor of buying the non-E version of the camera.

This post has been edited by Nomake Wan on Apr 5 2019, 10:21 AM
Nerubian
Posted: Apr 8 2019, 10:29 AM

The firmware is updateable but I think it's risky to modify it.

And yes it's stupid they didn't use 60Hz at the beginning here too. tongue.gif
Posted: Apr 9 2019, 09:05 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Member No.: 16,670

im currently on miyajima island. i just got a short dull stainless steel katana short 1.5ft or so long . im gonna put it into checked luggage. is there anything special i need to do to get it safely back to Canada on my flight home? is there a declaration paper i need to fill out if its even just stowed luggage and not carry on bags?

This post has been edited by 207 on Apr 9 2019, 09:16 PM
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 9 2019, 10:21 PM

ShiMACHaze

I would go to your airline's website for that. In general, having it in checked luggage means you're 100% A-OK. I would also Google to see if your country has any particular stipulations (though I doubt it).
Posted: Apr 10 2019, 02:29 AM

Hiretsuna rōjin

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 4 hours, 7 minutes ago)
I would go to your airline's website for that. In general, having it in checked luggage means you're 100% A-OK. I would also Google to see if your country has any particular stipulations (though I doubt it).

thank you for the reply, i'll double check that for the rules. though im not too worried about that.

i hate hindsight, its 20/20. i had a choice in that price range for a red or blue. color. i chose the blue one as i didnt want dawdle too long. thinking of a name for it now made me look back get the red one but i dont have that opportunity any more... i still know what i'll call this blue one.

i so want to open the box now but that is more trouble than its worth. gonna have to wait till i pass Canadian customs and Kansai, Narita.
xiao
Posted: Apr 10 2019, 05:10 AM

moon bunny

QUOTE (207 @ 2 hours, 36 minutes ago)
gonna have to wait till i pass Canadian customs and Kansai, Narita.

A-HA!so you do have Discord but only lurk shifty2.gif u sneaky maple leaf neko laugh.gif 🐈

Keep the box & tell customs and your airline that it's an unsharpened souvenir ~ like N1 mentioned you'll be fine 🐉

Also don't forget to go to Lawson's and try some onigiri & other assorted foods of the junk variety you only live once!🍙🍡🍥
Posted: Apr 10 2019, 06:40 AM

Hiretsuna rōjin

ty neko san, i wasnt sure on how to call it. the blade is just over a foot long. so far now cat or owl cafe, no maid cafe, no onsen either. the guided tours are fine to see a zillion things but hardly enough time really spend 3 days in each single area. its always rush here, short free time, rush there 30 min free time, rinse and repeat...

the box hasnt been tampered with yet, if they ask to see it then theyre free to break the seal and inspect it. it fits in my checked luggage bag.

lawson, family mart and 7-11= supper time this trip

i did get some neko related items, a calico oven mitt, bowing calico capsule toy, and a small shiro neko Hanekawa figure at Galleria part.

This post has been edited by 207 on Apr 10 2019, 01:24 PM
xiao
Posted: Apr 10 2019, 01:30 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (207 @ 6 hours, 44 minutes ago)
ty neko san

I am not neko-san I am usagi-chan !! laugh.gif 🐰

Souvenir in Japanese is omiyage ~ if you're headed towards Osaka there's maid cafes in Nipponbashi \(^o^)/ clicky

Nippon ni yukkuri shiteitte ne 207-san !! 🌸
Posted: Apr 11 2019, 12:51 AM

Hiretsuna rōjin

tried one of those 1 armed bandit games* cough* crane games . the onewith 1 arm to push a box over the edge, took around15 attempts. dropped the box in the machine and got a tshirt with saber holding a sword in a kimono. did much better that the box drop in akihabara where the bars had rubberized surfaces and bars covering 80% of the bottom play area. was trying to get a rem/ram thermos. gave up on it, too difficult.

now i got the time i need to catch the taxi to Kansai. i still can fit all the merch and items in my 3 bags that i entered Japan with. still have nearly a day left in Japan but its all plane travel...

i did get vol 20,23 of Akatsuki no yona in Jpn language toady. im far from being able to read it but its still ahead of the eng releases. i ended my day with a brief trip to the kyoto manga museum.

edit: im really starting to hate captain hindsight... im facing a 14 hr combined flight time to head back home. 2 hrs from Kansai to Narita and 12 hrs to Mobtreal. bullet train is much cheaper, faster more convenient to use. had the flight to narita not being paid already, id have hopped onto the train. i have a 7hr flight overlay between the 2 planes.

edit 2 im now at Narita waiting for the 12 hr flight to come in. i notifid the ANA staff about the souvenir, bokken, showed them the boxes for the souvenir and pairing knife. they got through without much issues. hope that luck holds till i get my luggage in Montreal.

This post has been edited by 207 on Apr 11 2019, 05:47 PM
Posted: Apr 13 2019, 10:26 AM

Hiretsuna rōjin

so here's a pic of some of the choice items from my trip

the first pic: the center Nelliel figure i got last year or 2 ago so thats "old" so is that tiny key chain
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: unknown. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Tsukuyo, nekoHanekawa are new, so is the short Bokken. thats a beer i got on my trip to Miyajima island

and yeah, thats my old cellphone that i reactivated the basic functions to work as a alarm clock for the trip

user posted image
thats a Mount Fuji sake, the short Katana/wakizashi, cat in the box keychain, a neko oven mitt. a lucky find Mizore Shirayuki key chain, not original series design but still a very nice find for me as its the same character in a more modern clothing set. the 1/8th figurine of her that was discontinued +5yrs ago would've been amazing to find but they sell on amazon the the low price of $999 minimum or so...

the other Nelliel figurine that i got this trip was a total surprise to even see in a 2nd hand display case w00t2.gif w00t2.gif. TBH i wish the larger Nelliel figurine had the same coverage as the banpresto one but it seems clothing coverage for many figurine really seems to necessitate covering the upper top half of the chest regions. that or just be creative on how other apparel/hair covers those certain areas

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: unknown. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image

thats the Saber shirt i won from the 1 armed crane bandit

This post has been edited by 207 on Apr 13 2019, 11:08 AM
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 13 2019, 10:29 AM

ShiMACHaze

Glad you didn't have any issues with getting the sword home! cool.gif

375 Pages  « 371 372 373 374 375