Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - Megamix

Automotive Section Rules
• Scenes depicted in Initial D are strictly fiction. Please follow the traffic rules and drive safely.
• When posting a classified thread, please label it with For Sale (FS), For Trade (FT) or Want To Buy (WTB) in the thread title.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Personal videos of illegal street racing are prohibited. Do NOT brag about your exploits. Posting a video depicting dangerous/reckless driving behavior on your part will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 4,806  ·  Replies: 28 
> New Member, BMW 335is
Desert_Fox
  Posted: Aug 4 2014, 01:06 PM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 44,602

Hey guys, new member to the forum. My name is Matt, im 22 and recently graduated from UC Santa Barbara earlier in the year. I grew up in San Diego and it is also where i've chosen to start my career. Im a moderate anime enthusiast, but an even bigger car guy. I was browsing Netflix the other day, and figured I should give Initial D a chance since I knew it had a loyal following. Needless to say, after a week of binge watching im very interested! I thought it would be nice to join a forum like this and get to know some people who share two of my hobbies.

I currently am driving a 2013 BMW 335is convertible (E93). In the past i've had a 2003 E46 325i, 2006 E90 330i, and a 2007 335i E93. The 335is is a reworked version of the n54 twin turbo I6 found in the 2007-2010 335i and other x35i models from BMW. It has a double clutch transmission, performance exhaust, unique interior trim, along with M-sport body kit. It's essentially a 'modded' car from the factory, and im quite happy with it! In 2 years or so, i'd like to pick up an R35 GTR (2nd gen). I figure I might as well get something crazy when im young w00t2.gif

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: unknown. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: unknown. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image

user posted image
OkamiWind
Posted: Aug 4 2014, 02:16 PM

Ravioli Ravioli
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 40,468

Nice to meet ya man.

It is obligatory that you have bread and milk pictures when you show your car for the first time. Simply put, we want to know your car is actually yours. Can't have people claiming other people's cars as their own ya know?

This post has been edited by OkamiWind on Aug 4 2014, 02:16 PM
Desert_Fox
  Posted: Aug 4 2014, 04:55 PM

IDW Member

QUOTE (OkamiWind @ 2 hours, 24 minutes ago)
Nice to meet ya man.

It is obligatory that you have bread and milk pictures when you show your car for the first time. Simply put, we want to know your car is actually yours. Can't have people claiming other people's cars as their own ya know?

If it would please ze Heero Yuy:

(I didn't have a gallon of milk handy...)

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 2592 x 1936. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

P.S. Photobucket sucks, it would *NOT* upload anything today.

OkamiWind
Posted: Aug 4 2014, 05:03 PM

Ravioli Ravioli
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,468

Close enough, nice car man!

And man, you had a very lucky life with that car dude.
Desert_Fox
  Posted: Aug 4 2014, 05:08 PM

IDW Member

QUOTE (OkamiWind @ 4 minutes, 56 seconds ago)

Thanks man! I love Bimmer, she's a beauty and never fails to leave me smiling... well maybe for 2 minutes when I transfer the monthly payment to BMW FS, but then I quickly get over it. If you always have a ridiculous car payment, eventually it becomes second nature and you just work around it, right??? Right??? rolleyes.gif
DeeezNuuuts83
Posted: Aug 4 2014, 10:21 PM

IDW Goldmember

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 25,374

QUOTE (OkamiWind @ 5 hours, 17 minutes ago)

BMWs at UCSB? Sounds like Elliot Rodgers. Too soon?
Desert_Fox
  Posted: Aug 5 2014, 06:34 AM

IDW Member

QUOTE (DeeezNuuuts83 @ 8 hours, 12 minutes ago)
BMWs at UCSB? Sounds like Elliot Rodgers. Too soon?

I pay for the car. Elliot Rodger also drove right by my apartment and put two bullets in it, as well murdering those innocent people at places I walked by every day. Im not the sensitive type, but I would expect more respect considering I mentioned I came from UCSB.

Banken
Posted: Aug 5 2014, 06:51 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 22,465

I wish my parents had bought me a new BMW, too...

Sorry, drunk.
Desert_Fox
  Posted: Aug 5 2014, 07:22 AM

IDW Member

I graduated university in two and a half years with top marks and I currently help run the accounts at 3 different companies in the construction and energy industries. I paid for the car from start to now, through hard work and aggressive saving in my youth.

I came here because I thought it would be a fun alternative car forum. Instead, it's two classless people who don't know a thing about me ranting off. Im disappointed that this community is like that.
Seri
Posted: Aug 5 2014, 07:34 AM

Quirks and Features of IDW
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,610

I apologize for them. We're not the best place, admittedly.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Spaz
Posted: Aug 5 2014, 08:53 AM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Member No.: 30,193

I was going to start buy saying I WANT YOUR CAR (I guess I still did?), but I have to start by apologizing for people I guess. dry.gif

We're a good bunch here, I promise.

Seriously though, the 335is should have been the M. I have a couple friends with xis and one with an i, so I've spent some time around them. Nice cars for sure.
kyonpalm
Posted: Aug 5 2014, 09:02 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (DeeezNuuuts83 @ Today, 1:21 AM)
BMWs at UCSB? Sounds like Elliot Rodgers.  Too soon?

He was a real human bean.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
RalliKai
Posted: Aug 5 2014, 09:15 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 3,607

Very nice ride you have there and welcome to the forum.
Desert_Fox
  Posted: Aug 5 2014, 09:18 AM

IDW Member

QUOTE (Miura Seri @ 1 hour, 28 minutes ago)
I apologize for them. We're not the best place, admittedly.

Thanks, every group has its bad apples so I just shrug it off and try to find the good ones!

QUOTE (Spaz @ 10 minutes, 13 seconds ago)
I was going to start buy saying I WANT YOUR CAR (I guess I still did?), but I have to start by apologizing for people I guess.  dry.gif

We're a good bunch here, I promise.

Seriously though, the 335is should have been the M. I have a couple friends with xis and one with an i, so I've spent some time around them. Nice cars for sure.

Thanks man, I appreciate it. I loved the E92 M3 ever since I first saw the launch in 2007, but every time I drove one the love wasn't there. I tried probably five different test drives to convince myself I liked the car and needed to get one... but it just wasn't there. The turbo 6 is a much more satisfying motor for the daily driving I do, and it's a torque junkie. I think any car I buy from here on out is going to need forced induction, the low RPM power delivery is nuts!

The new M4 has the right recipe for what i'd be looking for, but im not digging the front end or the feeble exhaust note. Granted something should come along on the aftermarket to make it nice, but I wish it wasn't a necessity to modify the car on day one. Im also getting a little tired of BMW, so something nutty like the GTR should do the trick. (If I can afford it then)
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Aug 5 2014, 12:08 PM

Patient Zero

Member No.: 37,947

Oh bananas. I hope I'm not too late for the welcome party!

Don't let the debbie downers around here (especially in automotive) sour your experience here! First off, I want to congratulate your graduation from UCSB and being able to score a job right after getting out! I'm a recent grad from UCR and instead of getting a job I decided to go into grad school because I love the university too much. (I promise I'm not lying) tongue.gif

Secondly, I would like to say that you have a wonderful looking car, I'm a little jealous but beggars can't be choosers I guess. I hope to see you posting around! Its always nice to see people enthusiastic about the Initial D series and cars. If you have any questions, don't hesitate in contacting me or any of our wonderful moderating staff!

Welcome to IDW!
Banken
Posted: Aug 5 2014, 02:29 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 22,465

QUOTE (Desert_Fox @ 7 hours, 7 minutes ago)
I graduated university in two and a half years with top marks and I currently help run the accounts at 3 different companies in the construction and energy industries. I paid for the car from start to now, through hard work and aggressive saving in my youth.

I came here because I thought it would be a fun alternative car forum. Instead, it's two classless people who don't know a thing about me ranting off. Im disappointed that this community is like that.

I was just kidding.
kyonpalm
Posted: Aug 5 2014, 02:49 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (Banken @ 20 minutes, 2 seconds ago)
I was just kidding.

And drunk.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Spaz
Posted: Aug 6 2014, 08:56 AM

Group Icon

QUOTE (Desert_Fox @ Yesterday, 12:18 PM)
Thanks man, I appreciate it. I loved the E92 M3 ever since I first saw the launch in 2007, but every time I drove one the love wasn't there. I tried probably five different test drives to convince myself I liked the car and needed to get one... but it just wasn't there. The turbo 6 is a much more satisfying motor for the daily driving I do, and it's a torque junkie. I think any car I buy from here on out is going to need forced induction, the low RPM power delivery is nuts!

The new M4 has the right recipe for what i'd be looking for, but im not digging the front end or the feeble exhaust note. Granted something should come along on the aftermarket to make it nice, but I wish it wasn't a necessity to modify the car on day one. Im also getting a little tired of BMW, so something nutty like the GTR should do the trick. (If I can afford it then)

Yep, there's a reason I bought a boosted daily, and it's not because I'm partial to the price of 91+ octane. laugh2.gif

There's something to be said for being happy with a car out of the box for sure. I love both my cars, and it still feels weird for me to say that about my bolt-on DD Jetta... It's only about as fast as a stock Evo X, it's FWD (with an open diff, too), and it handles just alright for what it is. I'd never throw it on a track, I rarely beat on it, but it just... works. It's turnkey as fuck and I just love that about it.

GT-Rs are fun for sure, but it's a ton of money and even with the improvements every model year, the returns have been diminishing more and more as the car starts to show its age. All depends on what you're looking to get out of the car in the end. As you've found, you've just got to drive it and see.
DeeezNuuuts83
Posted: Aug 7 2014, 06:40 AM

IDW Goldmember

QUOTE (Desert_Fox @ Aug 5 2014, 07:34 AM)
I pay for the car. Elliot Rodger also drove right by my apartment and put two bullets in it, as well murdering those innocent people at places I walked by every day. Im not the sensitive type, but I would expect more respect considering I mentioned I came from UCSB.

It was a joke... not one about murders either, just about a UCSB kid with a nice BMW. In my younger days I used to party on Trigo, on Fortuna and at the SigEp house at UCSB plus I'm from the 805. But sorry if it offended you, but no need to get super sensitive about it either.
chillined
Posted: Aug 7 2014, 09:23 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 23,552

Sweet car man! I've had a ride in one and they are retardedly fast. Wait until you get a tune for it wink2.gif
And I'm sorry your initial responses were ignorant, but people seem to make assumptions. Good for you man for supporting your addiction of cars biggrin.gif haha

This post has been edited by chillined on Aug 7 2014, 09:23 AM
Desert_Fox
  Posted: Aug 7 2014, 09:29 AM

IDW Member

QUOTE (Spaz @ Yesterday, 8:56 AM)
Yep, there's a reason I bought a boosted daily, and it's not because I'm partial to the price of 91+ octane. laugh2.gif

There's something to be said for being happy with a car out of the box for sure. I love both my cars, and it still feels weird for me to say that about my bolt-on DD Jetta... It's only about as fast as a stock Evo X, it's FWD (with an open diff, too), and it handles just alright for what it is. I'd never throw it on a track, I rarely beat on it, but it just... works. It's turnkey as fuck and I just love that about it.

GT-Rs are fun for sure, but it's a ton of money and even with the improvements every model year, the returns have been diminishing more and more as the car starts to show its age. All depends on what you're looking to get out of the car in the end. As you've found, you've just got to drive it and see.

The Jetta is a cool platform, my buddy is a huge VW fanboy and i've spent many hours with him in the driveway messing with his A3. I almost bought a TDI for a daily driver, and if I get the GTR I probably would consider it again. I commute an absurd amount of miles, so I almost have to. I respect those EVO's, such cool machines. Well besides the fact I can't comfortably fit in them :X

You know I always grew up knowing I wanted a Porsche, but the appeal has been slightly muted lately. The initial cost is absurd, and while the 911 and the Cayman are superb cars- I don't know if I can justify the price. For around my price range i'd be looking at, I could get a 2 year old GTR or a year old Cayman S. Im sure the fit, finish, and badge on the Cayman is better, but the performance for the GTR is just insane. Even with its inflated price, I still think a $100k GTR is a nice car. I mean the Stingray is probably a better buy dollar for dollar, but then i'd have to start driving slowly in the passing lane and color my hair grey!

QUOTE (DeeezNuuuts83 @ 2 hours, 38 minutes ago)
It was a joke... not one about murders either, just about a UCSB kid with a nice BMW. In my younger days I used to party on Trigo, on Fortuna and at the SigEp house at UCSB plus I'm from the 805. But sorry if it offended you, but no need to get super sensitive about it either.

Well frankly I don't care if you partied there or if you're from the '805', the guy drove by my place and could have killed any of my friends. One of best buddies lost a childhood friend at that maniac's apartment. A joke in bad taste is still in bad taste, but thanks for the half apology!

DeeezNuuuts83
Posted: Aug 7 2014, 09:59 AM

IDW Goldmember

You're welcome.

All BS aside, nice car though. My favorite color for BMWs too.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

This post has been edited by DeeezNuuuts83 on Aug 7 2014, 10:05 AM
Spaz
Posted: Aug 8 2014, 10:32 AM

Group Icon

QUOTE (Desert_Fox @ Yesterday, 12:29 PM)
The Jetta is a cool platform, my buddy is a huge VW fanboy and i've spent many hours with him in the driveway messing with his A3. I almost bought a TDI for a daily driver, and if I get the GTR I probably would consider it again. I commute an absurd amount of miles, so I almost have to. I respect those EVO's, such cool machines. Well besides the fact I can't comfortably fit in them :X

You know I always grew up knowing I wanted a Porsche, but the appeal has been slightly muted lately. The initial cost is absurd, and while the 911 and the Cayman are superb cars- I don't know if I can justify the price. For around my price range i'd be looking at, I could get a 2 year old GTR or a year old Cayman S. Im sure the fit, finish, and badge on the Cayman is better, but the performance for the GTR is just insane. Even with its inflated price, I still think a $100k GTR is a nice car. I mean the Stingray is probably a better buy dollar for dollar, but then i'd have to start driving slowly in the passing lane and color my hair grey!

Evos are fun, but not as cheap as one would think to own. My IX is #2 for me, in general they end up being a bad financial decision. And when you track them too, well... Yeah. Plus they are pretty cramped in the driver's seat.

The Porsches are super nice cars, I've got a buddy who's a service adviser at a local dealer so I get to check out a lot them, get rides, etc. I'm actually considering replacing the Jetta with a Macan in a couple years for a fun and cushy DD/Evo tow machine.

The C7 has been very impressive thusfar, I really need to get behind the wheel of one at some point. Nothing but good things from what I've heard.
backalleyracer
Posted: Aug 8 2014, 11:05 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 7,122

the C7 is a great machine - but wait for the z06 model to come out here pretty quick smile.gif

I could tell you all about it tongue.gif
Spaz
Posted: Aug 9 2014, 10:27 AM

Group Icon

QUOTE (backalleyracer @ Today, 2:05 AM)
the C7 is a great machine - but wait for the z06 model to come out here pretty quick smile.gif

I could tell you all about it tongue.gif

Oh, the perks of your job... Teeny bit jealous. wink2.gif

2 Pages  1 2