Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing The Spiders From Mars - Fly Me to the Moon and Back

Important Rules
Buy the Arcade Stage 4 Original Soundtrack to support IDW !!
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 4 here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

62 Pages  1 2 3 4 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 164,973  ·  Replies: 1,525 
> [ARCHIVE] The Official IDAS4 Thread, [READ FIRST POST] Latest Updates and New
xkhol
Posted: Sep 2 2006, 03:30 PM

>_>

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,958

QUOTE (la0 @ Today at 4:15 PM)
Hmm.  I've been trying to translate the poster, but my Japanese isn't so strong.  So far, all I could decipher is the last line written in red and the line below it.

It says "Chyu nin gu shoppu de orijinaru chyuningu", which roughly translates to there will be a Tuning shop which offers original tunings.  I'll try to work on the rest of the poster for you guys.

Yeah, that's correct. That's as far as my Japanese goes, so good luck with the rest of it.

So, is this game going to be connected to the internet like most popular arcade games in Japan?

For those who don't know, Battle Gear 4 in Japan is connected to the internet and all info is not stored on your key, but on a server. All the key does is let you access this data. All customization is done on your phone, or at home. Tekken 5 and Virtua Fighter work in similar ways.

If this is connected to the internet, it may pose a problem if this is not changed for North America, since most arcades would not bother hooking up the game to the internet (it's hard enough to get them to maintain the machines).

Under the first picture in the blue rectangle, it says something...300 yen...please tell me this is not the price to play o_o

Also, for these new credit cards, they'll be at least $5, so it'll be a bit costly for those who buy tons of cards tongue.gif (not to mention inspections ><).

@editor: Thanks so much for this new info, and I'm sorry I doubted you. Please excuse the crassness of this forum. The future of the series is a sensitive subject here, and people here are often skeptical of news regarding IDAS4 since they're usually groundless rumors.

This post has been edited by xkhol on Sep 2 2006, 03:39 PM
WRX DEMON Type R
Posted: Sep 2 2006, 03:53 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 3,276

Wow. Just wow.

I hope when i play... I get the Bunta card. tongue.gif

Oh, perhaps i missed it in the previous posts, but whats the news regarding tranferring data from version 3 to version 4?

This post has been edited by WRX DEMON on Sep 2 2006, 03:54 PM
oni2000
Posted: Sep 2 2006, 03:55 PM

IDW God Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,237

well from wut i read from the poster, it says that the game can be connected online so the entire japan can compete with other racers. guess they got that idea from the NFS arcade. *shrugs*
FD3S Takahashi
Posted: Sep 2 2006, 04:08 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 15,723

These images are just awesome! I cant wait for this! At least the cards are better now. Also by the looks of it Version 4 might be cel shaded graphics like Fourth Stage. It will be quite a change but really looking foward to this
PhantomaZero
Posted: Sep 2 2006, 04:17 PM

I hate this map

Member No.: 2,007

Well, it looks like IDAS has gotten a HUGE overhaul. As such, I highly doubt we'll be able to do card transfers, as I think too many new features will be implemented to make any use of it.

But hey Editor, I really do appreciate the images you've scored for us. Thanks very much.

EDIT: The back of the card has a little number code going on, which I'm guessing is for internet rankings then.

EDIT:

user posted image

EDIT by xkhol:

THIS IS A FAKE PICTURE

This post has been edited by Perry on Sep 11 2006, 02:10 PM
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
dragonsho
Posted: Sep 2 2006, 04:34 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 17,432

QUOTE (PhantomaZero @ Today at 8:17 PM)
Well, it looks like IDAS has gotten a HUGE overhaul. As such, I highly doubt we'll be able to do card transfers, as I think too many new features will be implemented to make any use of it.

But hey Editor, I really do appreciate the images you've scored for us. Thanks very much.

EDIT: The back of the card has a little number code going on, which I'm guessing is for internet rankings then.

EDIT:

user posted image

LOL nice photoshop laugh.gif
Excel
Posted: Sep 2 2006, 04:41 PM

Snake is Sony's lone hero

Member No.: 4,625

They started testing V3 in Sept 03, and it was released in Dec 03, and Eng version released May/June 04. If they are already testing, it should be more like Jan 07 Jap version and late spring - early summer 07 for us if they follow the trend set by V3 =D Atleast, I hope its out by next summer... thats already a long enough wait =_=

And lol at that screen shot... last I checked, 1'01'574 and 0'16'532 do not = 1'05'205. Plus, its very obviously just a scene from the show, and the map in the corner is just a Z shaped line =_=

This post has been edited by Excel on Sep 2 2006, 04:46 PM
PhantomaZero
Posted: Sep 2 2006, 04:46 PM

I hate this map

While this could very well be ready by January, you have to consider that this is a totally different engine. Previous versions were more or less expansion packs with new soundtracks, a few new cars, etc. From what I can tell, this game is being built from the ground up with everything revamped. It could very well take a while.

EDIT: And you jerks calling me out are no fun at all.

This post has been edited by PhantomaZero on Sep 2 2006, 04:51 PM
Excel
Posted: Sep 2 2006, 04:52 PM

Snake is Sony's lone hero

Member No.: 4,625

But the point is, they are already testing it, which means its some what near its final form. They wouldn't test a version of the game that was still only half done. I'm sure now they just have to test how the connection net works and iron out any new bugs.

Because its a new engine, thats most likely why V3 was out for 2 years instead of 1, like V1 and V2 were. They have already had 2 years to work on it.
PhantomaZero
Posted: Sep 2 2006, 05:01 PM

I hate this map

QUOTE (Excel @ Today at 6:52 PM)
But the point is, they are already testing it, which means its some what near its final form. They wouldn't test a version of the game that was still only half done. I'm sure now they just have to test how the connection net works and iron out any new bugs.

Because its a new engine, thats most likely why V3 was out for 2 years instead of 1, like V1 and V2 were. They have already had 2 years to work on it.

Well I'm not doubting that its done, I'm just saying that its going to take more time in some aspect or another, which we've already seen anyway.
phostyler
Posted: Sep 2 2006, 05:01 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 17,724

maybe im just being stupid but with that new card system i dont see how you'd be able to transfer your card data over from your old thinner card with a card slot thats meant for something thicker...

does this sound weird or am i the one that sounds weird?
Takumi Fugiwara
Posted: Sep 2 2006, 05:03 PM

Im obessed with tigers (no really i am)

Member No.: 13,147

nah that dosent sound wierd at all i hope the cards are like the tekken 5 cards plastic cards not like the thin ones we have now
PhantomaZero
Posted: Sep 2 2006, 05:06 PM

I hate this map

QUOTE (phostyler @ Today at 7:01 PM)
maybe im just being stupid but with that new card system i dont see how you'd be able to transfer your card data over from your old thinner card with a card slot thats meant for something thicker...

does this sound weird or am i the one that sounds weird?

Agreed. Unless they implement a dedicated slot for transfers, I dont see it happening. At that, card readers are the most expensive component in the cabinets right? So, no go.

EDIT: Check this out.

IDAS4 Card:

user posted image

IDAS3 and Maximum Tune for the hell of it:

user posted image

ID4 card observations (I can't read Japanese, so you're all free to shoot my guesses down):

- Column One: Name, more or less likely
- Second Column: Club Sega; Clan? Originated arcade cabinet registered to?
- Third column: Title? Like "The awesome driver"
- Yellow Area: Internet Rankings code I'm sure
- Notice that there are no indications of any car model, brand, etc. Also notice that there are six vertical boxes and ten square blanks below it. I'm guessing you can store six cars and that there are a total of ten areas for LOTS.
- D3: Drift type? Whatever.

This post has been edited by PhantomaZero on Sep 2 2006, 05:30 PM
riP
Posted: Sep 2 2006, 05:15 PM

Fool me once shame on me Fool me twice shame on u Fool me a third time ur dead

Member No.: 4,876

maby theyll think about that and take it back 2 the old thin cards but make them more durable
Takumi Fugiwara
Posted: Sep 2 2006, 05:19 PM

Im obessed with tigers (no really i am)

Member No.: 13,147

i dont like those thin cards some times they bend and they might not work. normal cards like a credit card or the tekken 5 cards are ok i think
CoastalmixX
Posted: Sep 2 2006, 05:24 PM

The Solution

Member No.: 2,428

QUOTE (riP @ Today at 6:15 PM)
maby theyll think about that and take it back 2 the old thin cards but make them more durable

Yeah... so you can't bend your RX-8 again.

I hope there will be a transfer station for bringing cars over. I have a ton of FT cards and being able to transfer would save a LOT of money and time.

I like the harder card because... it's durable and I like to think you'd be able to store more than one card on it. tongue.gif
riP
Posted: Sep 2 2006, 05:32 PM

Fool me once shame on me Fool me twice shame on u Fool me a third time ur dead

Member No.: 4,876

i kinda slept my rx8... its a revenge car now... but i bent my MR2 but it still worked perferctly... i just hope i can transfer my stuff... mainly my 86T, MR2, 8v, and RX8
J2.0
Posted: Sep 2 2006, 05:37 PM

2.0? wtf is that?

Member No.: 6,414

thanks Editor for the pics!!!

anyways, i hope they can transfer v3 data to v4.

credit cards huh? i hope you can store a few cars on it and have unlimited use like the global vr cards.
dragonsho
Posted: Sep 2 2006, 05:46 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 17,432

I kinda get the feeling since they're changin so much stuff that it's not going to be that good. Guess we just gotta wait for gameplay footage to see what it is like.
phostyler
Posted: Sep 2 2006, 06:07 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 17,724

sorry back to the card issue for a second
i think its a great idea and all but with credit card style cards i imagine they would be much easier to snap perhaps its in your wallet all nice and tight and all of a sudden SNAP!!

i like the current cards cause you can bend them around a little so i dont have to worry about snapping but alot of my internet cafe cards get snapped over time and i would hate for that to happen to my beloved evo4
J2.0
Posted: Sep 2 2006, 06:14 PM

2.0? wtf is that?

i'm wondering what the physics in v4 will be like......
SilviaSlider
Posted: Sep 2 2006, 06:18 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 15,560

They ganna reveal it at the Amusement Machine Show this month.
I hope someone out there captures it on video.

This post has been edited by SilviaSlider on Sep 2 2006, 06:19 PM
J2.0
Posted: Sep 2 2006, 06:30 PM

2.0? wtf is that?

here is some specs of the Lindbergh hardware, its japanese though.

info about Lindbergh hardware

This post has been edited by J2.0 on Sep 2 2006, 07:19 PM
EA99
Posted: Sep 2 2006, 06:40 PM

woo happyface

Member No.: 5,162

Someone said something about tuning, Does this mean, we will get to tune up the Amuse S2000? or HKS S15 etc. etc. blink.gif If So, They better have the techno-spirir MR-S XD
xkhol
Posted: Sep 2 2006, 06:43 PM

>_>

Member No.: 1,958

QUOTE (phostyler @ Today at 7:07 PM)
sorry back to the card issue for a second
i think its a great idea and all but with credit card style cards i imagine they would be much easier to snap perhaps its in your wallet all nice and tight and all of a sudden SNAP!!

i like the current cards cause you can bend them around a little so i dont have to worry about snapping but alot of my internet cafe cards get snapped over time and i would hate for that to happen to my beloved evo4

Well, if you're going to bend them that much, then you should just take better care of them. If they're in your wallet, then they'll be fine.

For transfers, I think they'll be able to figure something out. They could do what Virtua Fighter 5 is doing and have seperate machines for transfers, customizing, and inspections. (This could be a problem though, since most arcade owners probably won't wanna pay for something like this, and the players won't wanna pay to customize).

As for what the card says:
Line 1: Driver
Line 2: ??? (most likely your team) This will only work if the game is connected to the internet)
Line 3: Home Area

Above D3, it says ??? class
The boxed red says something about test service
The six long vertical boxes say ??? area (most likely areas cleared)

Keep in mind that the english version cards could be drastically different. You probably won't be able to have more than 1 car on the card, since they get more money that way.

This post has been edited by xkhol on Sep 2 2006, 06:47 PM

62 Pages  1 2 3 4 »