Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing (MF Ghost OST) Dream Fighters - Are You Ready To Fly

Views: 3,190  ·  Replies: 3 
> High Bandwidth Usage, Please don't spam.
Perry
    Posted: Sep 10 2003, 10:36 AM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1

Some of you might notice, the board was down last night. (12:00 AM - 10:20 AM PST Sept. 10th) Why did I turn the board off ? Well, it's because the board is using too much bandwidth lately. Let me show you the stats for idforums.net

user posted image

idforums.net is supposed to not exceed 267MB bandwidth usage per day, however, for the past 3 days (Sept. 7th - 9th), the bandwidth usage went skyrocket. I have no choice but to close the board for 10 hours. If the bandwidth usage show no sign of declining today, I'll be forced to disable guests on the board. That's it for now, I'll keep you all posted.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Perry
  Posted: Sep 11 2003, 12:22 AM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Looks like 10 hours of timeout didn't do the trick. The board consumed 286 MB bandwidth yesterday (Sept. 10th), which is still too high. I have no choice but to enforce mandatory registration. That means you will not see any guests posting on this board anymore.

I was originally planning to enforce mandatory registration when the member count hit 1000, but seems like the release of TokyoPop version Initial D brought us some traffic. Which is a good thing, and a bad thing. I hope the board will stand as it is now. For now, enjoy it while it's still running fine without any problems.

smile2.gif
Perry
  Posted: Sep 13 2003, 11:16 PM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

The bandwidth usage is slowly declining. I appreciate all of your hard works in lowering the server load. I will consider re-open the forums to guests again if the bandwidth usage stay at the level as it is now.
Alex
Posted: Sep 14 2003, 12:19 PM

OG Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 111

delete a few thousond of Jaysons past posts from long ago, maybe just a few hundred. posts from when he was a spam whore that is... now he's just a scary pirate....

Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums