Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing (Battle Stage 2) Mr. M - Welcome People

Automotive Section Rules
• Scenes depicted in Initial D are strictly fiction. Please follow the traffic rules and drive safely.
• When posting a classified thread, please label it with For Sale (FS), For Trade (FT) or Want To Buy (WTB) in the thread title.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Personal videos of illegal street racing are prohibited. Do NOT brag about your exploits. Posting a video depicting dangerous/reckless driving behavior on your part will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

6 Pages  1 2 3 4 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 78,193  ·  Replies: 144 
> Personal Trackday photos, photos at sanctioned events
JKaiba
  Posted: Jul 19 2012, 01:15 PM

Alias The J'

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 16,596

I accidentally the whole wrong thread.... My post has been moved to the Dope cars thread.

This post has been edited by JKaiba on Jul 19 2012, 01:57 PM
Skyracer
Posted: Aug 28 2012, 08:46 AM

IDW Expert Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 37,858

Me and my car at Swedish Timeattack Series 2012

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

This post has been edited by Skyracer on Aug 28 2012, 08:48 AM
BeBop86
Posted: Sep 4 2012, 10:05 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 36,330

Not a Toyota and not a "track day" (it was an autocross), but here's my car awesome.gif

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 800 x 533. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
MetalMan777
Posted: Oct 10 2012, 05:52 PM

Snooping as usual

Member No.: 32,588

I know this is for photos, but I figure it's a more relevant thread than the non-personal videos thread.

YOUTUBE ( http://youtu.be/IsUGz824lvw )
lotteman
Posted: Oct 24 2012, 12:07 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 9,895

Woops didnt see this thread and posted some of my track photos in another thread. bleh nothing wrong with reposting right?

Dont judge me and my tape.
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 800 x 600. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 800 x 533. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1024 x 683. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

heres some video footage of me and first time at streets of willow
YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oHNuLuKqhU&list=UUuUpT-QfhzsBR9SVYIgqoqQ&index=2&feature=plcp )

^you get to see an awesome b16 type r powered mini and a little sideways action at 5:25min. No thanks to my crap spring rates of course. 2.3hz suspension frequency on street tires ftl
RedsunsF1
Posted: Nov 11 2012, 08:56 PM

Nasa UT | FF FK8

Member No.: 38,401

Very nice shot. Ill need to post pictures of our track days. We race here at Miller Motorsport park in Utah.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
SolidSTI
Posted: Jan 3 2013, 05:35 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 39,236

Does the AutoX parking area count?

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 912 x 684. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
lotteman
Posted: Apr 3 2013, 11:01 PM

IDW Goldmember

just came back from a track day over the weekend and also neglected to post pics from a trackday i did back in january! so here you go!

This is me at Streets of Willow in Cali driving the counter clockwise config. First time getting some dorifto action! Of course i got in trouble for this but it was worth it cool.gif

user posted image

user posted image

This is from the track day i did just this past weekend. Same track but in the opposite direction. Some david and goliath action right here!

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 800 x 365. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image

And heres my car looking pretty in the paddock. No masking tape because i kinda dont care anymore:P
user posted image
Rudy
Posted: Apr 3 2013, 11:25 PM

Unregistered

(THIS POST WAS REMOVED BY REQUEST)
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 4 2013, 07:23 AM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

Roll, baby, roll.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
awddrifter
Posted: Apr 16 2013, 01:10 AM

なんでやねん

Member No.: 377

I went to a Drift Practice session at Fuji Speedway last week. It was held on the Gymkhana course, and they set up 8 different courses with pylons throughout the day.
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1277 x 281. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 800 x 600. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image

One great thing was that the organizer provided tires and wheels for FREE!!! w00t2.gif I went through two sets of rear tires thumbsup.gif
user posted image

I thought I did okay for my first time drifting an FR car, I managed to link a lot of the corners while drifting. I'm going again this weekend! I'm going to keep going every weekend (or so) until I have confidence I can drift well on the touge without crashing... my long term goal is to be able to do something like this:
YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOC3ONcGnxA )

Also, on the same day, I stopped by here on the way to Fuji Speedway, it is only about 20 minutes away:
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 800 x 450. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Recognize it? It is Nagao-touge (’·”ö“») from 5th stage eps 4, 5, 6.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 800 x 452. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 800 x 593. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1024 x 330. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1024 x 331. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

As you can tell, it is still quite heavily drifted on « grin2.gif
user posted image

This post has been edited by awddrifter on Apr 17 2013, 10:05 PM
MetalMan777
Posted: Apr 16 2013, 01:25 PM

Snooping as usual

Member No.: 32,588

I love those pictures of the exact locations from the Anime. Did you spot those or are they well known?
awddrifter
Posted: Apr 16 2013, 07:41 PM

なんでやねん

^
I'm not sure if they are "well known" or not, but they are quite hard to miss. I just remembered those spots when I was driving it. The parking lot and yellow gate are right at the start of the uphill, and the •xŽmŒ©’ƒ‰® building is at the summit.
Orisue
Posted: Apr 16 2013, 10:58 PM

The Lurker Kitty

Member No.: 37,618

QUOTE (lotteman @ Oct 24 2012, 12:07 AM)
Woops didnt see this thread and posted some of my track photos in another thread. bleh nothing wrong with reposting right?

Dont judge me and my tape.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/lotteman/IMG_0006.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/lot...zps2a3fcd6f.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/lot...zps94a952aa.jpg

heres some video footage of me and first time at streets of willow
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oHNuLuKqhU...=2&feature=plcp
^you get to see an awesome b16 type r powered mini and a little sideways action at 5:25min. No thanks to my crap spring rates of course. 2.3hz suspension frequency on street tires ftl

Yeahhh!! ADAMS!
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
lotteman
Posted: Apr 18 2013, 04:30 PM

IDW Goldmember

QUOTE (Orisue @ Apr 16 2013, 10:58 PM)
Yeahhh!! ADAMS!

cool to see we have some locals here grin2.gif
RedsunsF1
Posted: Apr 18 2013, 04:56 PM

Nasa UT | FF FK8

Member No.: 38,401

Amazing pictures, its awesome to see the locations in real life!! Jelly..
awddrifter
Posted: May 22 2013, 02:45 AM

なんでやねん

So I went to drift practice again at the Fuji Speedway gymkhana course this week.
This is the only picture I took, because I was too busy drifting the whole day to take pics grin2.gif
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 960 x 540. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Both people in the pits next to me were really friendly. I got over 100 runs in since not many people were there (it was a tuesday).

Here's a funny video I shot though, one of the female staff members drives a 180sx, and has her handbrake set up so that it plays the "godfather" theme whenever you yank it laugh2.gif
YOUTUBE ( www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYISCKz3K54 )

Notice the Initial D cupholder? happy.gif
It's hard to hear in the video, but it's the same horn as this one:
YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEnK4Hywj2k )

I've improved a lot even though I've only gone for 3 days now (I went 2 weeks ago too, in addition to my post above. It was really rainy...) I spin rarely, and my angle is pretty good. I'm just kinda slow in my speed, and not very good at taking a proper line yet... I kinda let the car control me...

This post has been edited by awddrifter on May 22 2013, 04:19 AM
Dr.Ift
Posted: Jun 23 2013, 12:02 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 6,105

YOUTUBE ( http://youtu.be/rp-Xsw8S1r4 )

Here is my first day at a track at Istanbul Park.

Although it was my first trackday, I tried to do my best.

I felt that I needed LOTS of skill development, and my 100hp car was too underpowered for an F1 circuit.

Because it's too fun to give up, and I can't buy a new car, I plan to slowly tune my car, starting from good springs&coilovers, better brake pads, a good seat that has adequate side support and such.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 4928 x 3264. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
Trinom
Posted: Jun 27 2013, 10:20 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 40,017

My first track day with my silver Bird on our smallest circuit in Hradec Králové. It was great and it was very cheap. Please note, that these cars are very rare here, in Europe.

All these photos were probably taken during timed laps, because I don't see any other car at the track that time.
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 920 x 613. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 720 x 429. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 720 x 480. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 720 x 480. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image

In PlechCup (analogy to lemons races) I finished second which was perfect to me. I didn't expect this result. BTW, my buddy with BMW E30 made his timed lap only 0.3s faster (but he didn't comply with PlechCup rules - his car was too expensive laugh2.gif).

This post has been edited by Trinom on Jun 27 2013, 10:23 AM
psychoazn
Posted: Aug 13 2013, 02:19 PM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 1,617

My Turn

user posted image

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1920 x 1280. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
awddrifter
Posted: Aug 16 2013, 01:38 AM

なんでやねん

I love seeing the bodyroll pics in this thread grin2.gif

^
and wow, those are some hot brakes on that FR-S/86! How many laps did it take for them to get that hot? Are they stock?

I went drifting yesterday for the first time at Fuji Drift Park. It was the first time I ever drifted at a "track", I've only ever drifted in large, open spaces with pylons before (gymkhana courses).
About 80 people were there, here's a pic in one direction:
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1278 x 721. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

and the other:
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1278 x 721. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Some interesting cars were there. Here's a Toyota 86 with a SARD kit:
user posted image

user posted image

an itasha turned up to drift: laugh2.gif
user posted image

user posted image

A strawberry-faced Sileighty. I love these:
user posted image

There were about 5 female drifters there. This one was really hot, and her car was hot too wub.gif
user posted image

user posted image

This guy's girlfriend was really good at drifting and was super hot, he was a noob drifter though.
What a lucky bastard... dry.gif sweatingbullets.gif
user posted image

They split us into 8 groups, divided by skill level. I was surprised when I was put into the 4th group, since I am a noob. Apparently ~30% of the people there were drifting for the first, second, or 3rd time. I guess everyone in Japan aren't already super-skilled drifters, huh? shifty2.gif

Here's a video of one of my runs.
It's in 3D, btw. I shot it with a 3D camera:
YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJfFQgt6XIA )

Run 2:
YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FW8T5Sa1l9E )

This post has been edited by awddrifter on Aug 16 2013, 07:04 AM
psychoazn
Posted: Aug 16 2013, 02:22 PM

IDW Special Member

QUOTE (awddrifter @ Today, 1:38 AM)
I love seeing the bodyroll pics in this thread grin2.gif

^
and wow, those are some hot brakes on that FR-S/86! How many laps did it take for them to get that hot? Are they stock?

Just two laps.

AP Racing CP8350 calipers with 299x32 rotors.
psychoazn
Posted: Sep 5 2013, 07:59 AM

IDW Special Member

Another one.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1920 x 1200. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
awddrifter
Posted: Jan 21 2014, 12:44 AM

なんでやねん

Wow... this thread is dead!!
Do not many IDW members track their car? Or maybe they just don't want to post here?

Anyways, I've been to a few track days over the past few months.

In November, I took my car to the gymkhana course at Fuji for some drift practice (in a wide, open area):
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1600 x 1200. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1600 x 1200. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image

user posted image

On Jan 3rd, I went to Fuji again, but this time to the Drift course.
I installed a new GP Sports front bumper in December.
user posted image
There was nothing wrong with my old Impul front bumper, I just didn't like the look of it. It will be my spare for if I crash while drifting.
I also installed a Profec boost controller and a Blitz FMIC.

For some reason, there were A LOT of itashas there (from two separate drift teams). They were all good at drifting, too.
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
This guy broke his left rear lower control arm in two... sad.gif
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Ryousuke was there!!! biggrin.gif
user posted image

Also, saw this "Lightning Strikes" S15 there.
user posted image
user posted image
He said he has done a lot of engine work since it was last featured in a US magazine some time ago, it now makes ~800hp:
user posted image

Here it is along with my car, a white "Mazora" Vertex Edge-kitted S15, and another white S15 outside the 7-11 at lake Ashinoko (I know the picture is terrible....):
user posted image
I rode passenger in the blue S15 up a mountain pass in Hakone, and almost shat my pants.

Then, most recently, I went to Mobara Twin Circuit on Jan 19th for the "SR Meeting", where only cars with SR-series engines were allowed:
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 3263 x 1839. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 3263 x 1839. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image

user posted image

This TEPS Racing Service "Ika Musume" S14.5 was there. The sign in the window says "A child is driving":
user posted image

user posted image

Interior:
user posted image

It was driven by the owner of TEPS. He has some amazing drifting skills:
user posted image

user posted image

This Mitsuoka Le-Seyde was also there:
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

If you look closely, you will notice that it's built on an S15 chassis. Here's the engine:
user posted image

This Nissan Serena was insane, the interior was gutted and he was running an SR20DET:
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Some action pics:
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Here's a video from the event I took:
YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARHLtT4ApLM )

Note: If you can't turn off the 3D because of Youtube's broken 3D system, switch to "No Glasses" then "Left Only" in the 3D options menu.

The guy in the Shakugan no Shana S15 from team Destination won a new GT28RS (Disco Potato) turbo at the event in Mobara, lucky!!!
I won two brand new 18" 9.5jj 5x114.3 +12 Work Emotion XT7 wheels there though, so I shouldn't complain... biggrin.gif
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 3264 x 2448. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

They have no chance of fitting on my car without a widebody kit though, so anyone want to buy them?

Also, I have all of those pictures in 3D (shot with my 3D camera) if anyone wants them.... I posted the 2D versions since probably not too many people here have stereoscopic 3D setups on their computers like me.

Next up? Probably Fuji again in February...

This post has been edited by awddrifter on Jan 21 2014, 01:13 AM
backalleyracer
Posted: Jan 21 2014, 01:05 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 7,122

how much you want for them?

PM me

6 Pages  1 2 3 4 »