Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 3 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - 1969 (Album Edit)

Important Rules
• Do not post any obscene material. (i.e. - nudity, explicit graphic situations ... etc.)
• Put a viewer discretion somewhere in your topic title / description when posting topic(s) that others might find offensive. (i.e. - Not Work Safe, PG13 ... etc.)

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

3 Pages  1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 24,180  ·  Replies: 55 
> I was in a car accident
Perry
    Posted: Aug 30 2016, 01:20 PM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1

On the way to work today, I got into a car accident and I was the victim of a hit and run. The front bumper is damaged pretty bad. Let me recall the incident...

I was driving on a 3-lane road, coming to an intersection. The light was red, I eased off on the gas. I was travelling at 35mph. I was in the right lane. This lane lets you go straight and turn right. There are no cars in my lane all the way to the intersection, so I didn't brake at this point. I was cruising with just the car's momentum.

user posted image

The light turns green. The cars in front of the 18-wheeler started moving. The 18-wheeler also starts moving forward, but at a very slow rate. I thought to myself, must be hauling something very heavy and didn't think much of it. By the time my car got to where the cab of the 18-wheeler, something terrible happened, I saw something appears quickly in front of my path. It was the hood of a pickup truck. FUCK! I had no time to sound the horn. Within a split of a second, I slammed on the brake and veered right. However, because there is a curb and because there are trees and lightpoles on the sidewalk, I had nowhere to go.

user posted image

I collided into his/her right rear bumper. The car bounced to the right and I found myself landed halfway over the curb. From the point where I see the hood 'til I hit his back, it was barely 1 second and there was less than 40 feet of distance between him and I.

user posted image

I was in so much shock. I saw him making a right turn into a small street. And that was the last I saw of him. He fled the scene. It was a hit and run. He did not stop and kept on going. I bumped my head to the side of the interior of my car a little. I believe I braked most of the speed by the time I hit him. Probably still about 15 mph at the moment of impact.

user posted image

I feel like Iketani from Initial D... This car is like a family member to me. It's very hard to see it being damaged like this... crying2.gif

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1632 x 1224. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1632 x 1224. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
JKaiba
Posted: Aug 30 2016, 01:32 PM

Alias The J'

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 16,596

Glad you talked to me earlier and hope you feel better with time. Unfortunately there are garbage people no matter where you go. Cars are material. They get bumped and bruised and don't heal unless we give them attention. You hit soft enough that your airbags didn't pop and you don't seem to need medical help and looks like hopefully just body stuff.

Someone driving that erratically- I wonder if it would have been dangerous to try and follow them. Dash cam time.

Also while I know we'd like to avoid conflict, I know deep down, that if my wife weren't in the car, I'd probably be so hot headed I'd give chase, damage to myself or the car be damned. I know that could be a ticket to an early grave but some instincts, habits, sentiments die very hard for me. I don't mean to glorify it, but I feel I need to acknowledge it.
Tessou
Posted: Aug 30 2016, 01:33 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

I know this is a given, but I hope you contacted police to get a report written up, followed by your insurance company. Cosmetic damage can be fixed rather quickly.

And of course, you're still alive and in good health. wub.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
kyonpalm
Posted: Aug 30 2016, 03:19 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Member No.: 30,882

user posted image

YEE-HAW.

Sorry to hear, but glad you're okay. Hope it all works out for you and the driver gets caught. Keep us updated.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Lebon14
Posted: Aug 30 2016, 03:56 PM

🎧

Member No.: 18,005

FUCK.
Glad you are OK, Pear.
That f**ker, I hope he is caught.
APX
Posted: Aug 30 2016, 04:42 PM

Join the Empire today! Or die, rebel scum!

Member No.: 1,473

Poor Corolla. sad.gif
Sensation!
Posted: Aug 30 2016, 04:45 PM

As expected of country grown vegetables
Group Icon

Group: Special Snowflake
Member No.: 19,520

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 1 hour, 25 minutes ago)
http://i.imgur.com/Tcab9rt.jpg

YEE-HAW.

Sorry to hear, but glad you're okay. Hope it all works out for you and the driver gets caught. Keep us updated.

This.

Pickup driving dumbasses are the bane of the road. If I had a dash cam, I would have statistical evidence that these guys in LA drive more aggressive and faster than any Japanese sport coupe, BMW, or exotic supercar.

Glad you're okay perry. Hopefully, your insurance will take care of everything prim and proper and get everything back on track.
Master0fMadness
Posted: Aug 30 2016, 05:48 PM

Midnight Lover
Group Icon

Group: PONY FANATIC
Member No.: 46,279

Good God does that suck. I'm sorry to hear about this man, but it least it doesn't look like any permanent damage has been done.

Hope to see your baby patched up and back on the road soon.

-Master

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Posted: Aug 30 2016, 06:53 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Member No.: 16,670

hit and runs piss me off, im glad you were safe and i hope you find the person responsible. i had a hit and run on my parked car in a limited space parking area 1-2 years ago. driver mirror, and both left front hood and driver panel took damage. couldnt park in usual spot for entry single being blocked to garage........ left car for too long/forgot for a few hours and found the nice little parting gift/damage on my car. i seriously hate hit and runs, its so hard find the person if there are no witnesses/notes.

This post has been edited by 207 on Aug 30 2016, 06:53 PM
Nomake Wan
Posted: Aug 30 2016, 06:57 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (JKaiba @ 5 hours, 19 minutes ago)
Dash cam time.

This. Perry, please, do the smart thing and make this the last time you let a hit-and-run (or anything else) fuck you over. Buy a dash cam. You can get an el cheapo for less than $100, or you can go for the best-on-the-market for $200. In this day and age you really need one. If nothing else, you can start up a YouTube channel showing off all the stupid shit people do on a daily basis.

QUOTE (Tessou @ 5 hours, 19 minutes ago)
Cosmetic damage can be fixed rather quickly.

QUOTE (Master0fMadness @ 1 hour, 3 minutes ago)
but it least it doesn't look like any permanent damage has been done.

Assuming here that the frame hasn't been bent. Looks like it was a pretty darn good hit. The insurance company will have to figure that one out, I think. Photos won't tell you something like that, except that the possibility exists that there's frame damage considering where and how it was hit.

Also, shouldn't this be in Automotive? ermm2.gif

Get back on your feet soon, Pearbear.
Tessou
Posted: Aug 30 2016, 07:07 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE (Sensation! @ 2 hours, 21 minutes ago)
This.

Pickup driving dumbasses are the bane of the road. If I had a dash cam, I would have statistical evidence that these guys in LA drive more aggressive and faster than any Japanese sport coupe, BMW, or exotic supercar.

Glad you're okay perry. Hopefully, your insurance will take care of everything prim and proper and get everything back on track.

My daily is a pickup. rolleyes.gif
Nomake Wan
Posted: Aug 30 2016, 07:08 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (Tessou @ 57 seconds ago)
My daily is a pickup. rolleyes.gif

And I'll be driving a pickup down the state because I need a vehicle that can tow another vehicle. That makes you the exception to the rule out here, not proof that what he's saying isn't the case. Having lived out here since '07, he's really not wrong.
Spaz
Posted: Aug 30 2016, 07:58 PM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

Ugh, that sucks man. Glad you're okay. I got to see plenty of cars balled up at Road Atlanta this past weekend, and everyone walked away unhurt. Crashes are scary but cars are super safe these days.

Hopefully they can fix it, but if it is totaled, there are always more cars out there.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Tessou
Posted: Aug 30 2016, 08:43 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 1 hour, 35 minutes ago)
And I'll be driving a pickup down the state because I need a vehicle that can tow another vehicle. That makes you the exception to the rule out here, not proof that what he's saying isn't the case. Having lived out here since '07, he's really not wrong.

I know. There's the crazy fuckers that buy a Raptor and never pull or load anything with it (4x4 but never gets muddy), and then there are the guys that buy a "normal" pickup to actually haul and carry shit (mine's covered in mud). From Perry's description of the culprit, I'd believe it was the former and not the latter.
Sensation!
Posted: Aug 30 2016, 09:23 PM

As expected of country grown vegetables
Group Icon

Group: Special Snowflake
Member No.: 19,520

QUOTE (Tessou @ 39 minutes, 28 seconds ago)
I know. There's the crazy fuckers that buy a Raptor and never pull or load anything with it (4x4 but never gets muddy), and then there are the guys that buy a "normal" pickup to actually haul and carry shit (mine's covered in mud). From Perry's description of the culprit, I'd believe it was the former and not the latter.

In urban California, its almost always the former rather than the latter. If you don't own a lifted Dodge Ram with its diff still hanging 8 inches off the ground, you're doing it wrong. I know someone who bought one just so he can cut off smaller cars since, quote him "them small cars better git outta my way". The guys who use reasonable pickups all day here are landscapers, and they don't drive like their pickup like its a Ferrari.

This post has been edited by Sensation! on Aug 30 2016, 09:24 PM
Yosako
Posted: Aug 31 2016, 03:09 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 47,398

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 8 hours, 11 minutes ago)
This. Perry, please, do the smart thing and make this the last time you let a hit-and-run (or anything else) fuck you over. Buy a dash cam. You can get an el cheapo for less than $100, or you can go for the best-on-the-market for $200. In this day and age you really need one. If nothing else, you can start up a YouTube channel showing off all the stupid shit people do on a daily basis.

Dash cams are very popular in Russia, the only thing is that they only see what there is in front of the car, while you sometimes should also watch the car's back as some drivers have an habit of not keeping the friggin' safe distances.

This post has been edited by Yosako on Aug 31 2016, 03:11 AM
Saint
Posted: Aug 31 2016, 04:50 AM

The 6th Blameless Shift

Member No.: 2,067

Sucks for that to have happened. sad.gif

Glad you're not hurt, though.
Meteor
Posted: Aug 31 2016, 09:45 AM

Were you expecting something else?

Member No.: 20,929

Pear, I'm glad that you walked away from this with practically no injuries. I hope they find this guy, because people like that should not be on the road. I get the feeling someone else might run into this person too, and I can only hope they don't end up unluckier than you were. Sorry about your car. Hopefully your luck turns up a little in regards to that at least.

I think I'll add to the recommendations that you get a dashcam if you have the money to spare. Next time, these sorts of people won't get away.
APX
Posted: Aug 31 2016, 10:06 AM

Join the Empire today! Or die, rebel scum!

Member No.: 1,473

Got a cousin who has a nice big pickup, but it's never seen a offroad. No idea why he has it, because what he does is be a trucker. (Guess that's the reason)

My dad has a 2000 something toyota pickup, uses it to carry his tools/ladders/equipment for wherever he goes to do odd jobs for family members. It's seen better days (Not sure when it happened, but the front has a nice cave in on it, uses a bungee cord to keep the hood in place but runs like a champ) It's not lifted up, it's pretty much the same level/height as it was when he got it, minus him getting those big rig rims (That's all I can think of it when I see them, or offroad rims).

But then here in California you got the old people who love older trucks and keep them like show cars.

Either way, truck drivers are a big hit or miss on WHY they got a truck. Was the area you were at a big business secction? Maybe you can find them around there, but just hope you filed that report quickly and have the baby getting repaired. We had a familiar crash and we thought it would have bent the back end of the car (He smashed perfectly on passenger side tail light area but got lucky, just cosmetic damage)

Hope to hear a good news update in the coming week!
Nomake Wan
Posted: Aug 31 2016, 12:47 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (Yosako @ 9 hours, 38 minutes ago)
Dash cams are very popular in Russia, the only thing is that they only see what there is in front of the car, while you sometimes should also watch the car's back as some drivers have an habit of not keeping the friggin' safe distances.

If your ass concerns you, get a second cam for the rear window.

xiao
  Posted: Aug 31 2016, 02:01 PM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

QUOTE (Perry @ Yesterday, 3:20 PM)
On the way to work today, I got into a car accident and I was the victim of a hit and run.

I'm glad you're okay Pear. I put a lil somethin' somethin' on the donations box. It ain't much but... I hope that'll help cover costs of repairing your hachi'rolla my sexy nugga. I love ya bro, thank God you're safe! Go glomp your beautiful waifu & kidz ~ (winning) <3
RalliKai
Posted: Aug 31 2016, 03:49 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 3,607

Ouch. pinch2.gif Glad to hear you're okay though Perry. Sorry about your Rolla.

I see plenty of asphalt queens in their new F-150s and Silverado's and Dodge Rams hear in Southwest PA who do no actual "work" with them and basically keep them immaculate but don't shy from driving like twats still.

This post has been edited by RalliKai on Aug 31 2016, 03:51 PM
Master0fMadness
Posted: Aug 31 2016, 05:22 PM

Midnight Lover
Group Icon

Group: PONY FANATIC
Member No.: 46,279

QUOTE (Tessou @ Yesterday, 8:43 PM)

Lol raptor, the official truck of the Wilkow Majority.

Man, screw the Raptor. It may not be built to be a posermobile but that's the role its taken on by the majority of its owners.

I'd rather have a Lightning.

With a side of crappy tuna.

Tessou
Posted: Aug 31 2016, 08:52 PM

Group Icon

Lightning is very hard to find anymore, and there are higher performance trucks you could get for the money they'd ask for one if you did find one. Just get a 350 Triton and flip everybody off as you yank trees out of the ground.
xiao
Posted: Aug 31 2016, 09:12 PM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

I wanna know when we start talking about monster-truck-suspensions ~ awesome.gif update Chrome & see how cool those little sparkles look! wub.gif

3 Pages  1 2 3