Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing (Wangan Midnight OST) Atalanta

3 Pages  1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 9,991  ·  Replies: 62 
> Help! 1993 Toyota Pickup
elemein
Posted: Aug 23 2012, 07:33 PM

Last of the Sperglords

Group: Members
Member No.: 38,076

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 1 hour, 38 minutes ago)
Ah yes, quite right. Obviously a throttle body from a modern Nissan drive-by-wire vehicle is equivalent to a throttle body from a '93 Toyota pickup truck. Silly me, what was I thinking? rolleyes.gif Obviously his advice is perfectly sound, then!

Holy crap, junior. Holy crap.

Last time I checked, they both still let idle air in via the throttle body. One way or another it happens; which is exactly as to why he said "I'm not sure how it lets idle air in" as the two TBs are different, but, they still do the same thing.

Look, we obviously got off on the wrong foot here.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Aug 23 2012, 09:34 PM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

Maybe, but keep in mind that the point was that the OP posted pictures of his throttle body and asked for advice upon inspection as to what could have been wrong with it. Trying to offer up advice on damaged/malfunctioning parts based solely upon knowledge of a drive-by-wire Nissan throttle body is folly. Can you not agree on that point? I would think it'd be obvious but you're now the second person (counting S12 himself) who seems to think otherwise.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills sometimes.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
elemein
Posted: Aug 23 2012, 09:45 PM

Last of the Sperglords

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 10 minutes, 48 seconds ago)
Maybe, but keep in mind that the point was that the OP posted pictures of his throttle body and asked for advice upon inspection as to what could have been wrong with it. Trying to offer up advice on damaged/malfunctioning parts based solely upon knowledge of a drive-by-wire Nissan throttle body is folly. Can you not agree on that point? I would think it'd be obvious but you're now the second person (counting S12 himself) who seems to think otherwise.

It would depend.

I am not hands-on familiar with either throttle body. I only am familiar with some of the throttlebodies offered on GM engines.

You said that his Nissan throttle body was not relevant at all. That is firstly not true as they are both TB's used for the same purpose. You were making it sound like he was comparing a paintbrush to a potato.

Now, is it helpful? Again. It would depend on how similar the technologies of the TB's were. If they were similar, then yes it wouldve been helpful, if not, then no; though neither the Nissan poster nor me knew if they were similar, so thats why he offered it in hope.

In the end, the OP got his question answered, so... I guess it mustve been fixed if he said that
Nomake Wan
Posted: Aug 23 2012, 09:52 PM

ShiMACHaze

It was fixed before the images were posted--re-read his post. He fixed it by putting a new throttle body on. The idea, I repeat once more, was that he wanted to know what could be wrong with his old known-bad throttle body.

S12 doesn't know anything about his throttle body, only about a drive-by-wire system used in current Nissans. He wouldn't know the difference any more than you would. Thus, both of you have no real business posting your 'expertise' here.
elemein
Posted: Aug 23 2012, 09:57 PM

Last of the Sperglords

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 5 minutes, 12 seconds ago)
It was fixed before the images were posted--re-read his post. He fixed it by putting a new throttle body on. The idea, I repeat once more, was that he wanted to know what could be wrong with his old known-bad throttle body.

S12 doesn't know anything about his throttle body, only about a drive-by-wire system used in current Nissans. He wouldn't know the difference any more than you would. Thus, both of you have no real business posting your 'expertise' here.

Oh alrighty, I thought that was his current TB that he needed fixing. I didn't know.

And PM me. We seem to have a problem, and it's weird how in one thread you're asking me technical questions that I know the answers to in detail (Exhausts), yet now you treat me like an idiot. Seriously, PM me, I don't wanna keep running into problems and causing more messes on threads simply because we can't get along for some reason.
s12drifter
Posted: Aug 24 2012, 03:31 PM

The Lulz Boat

Member No.: 23,696

im not trying to start a fight between anyone so im sorry for that it was just a friendly suggestion/guess thats all.

This post has been edited by s12drifter on Aug 24 2012, 03:31 PM
Mazda ina Ford guy
Posted: Aug 24 2012, 11:51 PM

333 Half Evil

Member No.: 37,098

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Yesterday, 9:34 PM)

By the f**king handfull, bro, the f**king handfull. Me too.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

This post has been edited by Mazda ina Ford guy on Aug 24 2012, 11:52 PM
Insig
  Posted: Dec 2 2012, 01:40 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 35,308

Sigh, I know I said that my question was answered but in the past month many new things have befallen onto my truck. The engine is running great, but the new Throttle Body I had gotten from the junker is unfortunately a defect as well, it did last quite a bit for $20. On to the main issue, since school has started I have had no time to fix the throttle by myself, advanced placement classes galore, so I decided to go ahead and give it to a mechanic shop that a friend had recommended. Fast-forward to today and here I am looking through the hood of my car and BAM I see a big no-no, a screw stuck in a place where no screw should go, one of the hoses, which I forgot to check which hose it was because I rushed straight back to the mechanic. I quickly realized that the throttle was not from the pickup series and from its sibling the 4runner. In the end I took it straight back to them and told them to replace it with the correct part and properly install it. Now after reading this short story my question finally is what would have happened, if anything to my car if I had not caught that mistake?

This post has been edited by Insig on Dec 2 2012, 01:41 AM
Nomake Wan
Posted: Dec 2 2012, 06:13 AM

ShiMACHaze

A screw in a hose leading to the throttle body? I think you already know what could've happened.
Spaz
Posted: Dec 2 2012, 10:32 PM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

If the screw is plugging a hose that was used on the 4runner but not on the pickup... So what? It's being used as a plug, nothing else. If the throttle body is otherwise compatible in both mounting and electronics fitment why should it matter if they have to cap a line off? It's not hurting anything and certainly not something to be alarmed over.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Nomake Wan
Posted: Dec 3 2012, 08:15 AM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (Spaz @ 9 hours, 43 minutes ago)
If the screw is plugging a hose that was used on the 4runner but not on the pickup... So what? It's being used as a plug, nothing else. If the throttle body is otherwise compatible in both mounting and electronics fitment why should it matter if they have to cap a line off? It's not hurting anything and certainly not something to be alarmed over.

Oh. Oh there was a screw being used as a plug, like a bolt that's bigger than the hose blocking it? Shit man I do that on the Maverick. laugh2.gif I was picturing like literally a screw...in the side of a hose...kinda...just being there...

What Spaz said. If the screw was significantly bigger than the hose there's no way it would've been sucked into the intake. It was just being used to prevent a vacuum leak.
Chihiro
Posted: Mar 5 2013, 06:52 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 40,712

QUOTE (Insig @ May 30 2012, 07:00 PM)
Hi guys although I am relativity new to this section of the forums I have been a big time lurker. I have read what I can but I can't seem to figure somethings out.
Problems:
Head gasket failure
Whatever else is lurking in the corner
My pickup is a 1993 Toyota Pickup and it has a 3VZE motor. Unfortunately the engine blew its head gasket about two years ago and has yet to be started since. Now my question to you guys is should I and how do I do a overhaul. Most important what exactly is an overhaul. I am totally new to these terms and to the "inside" of the car. Now for my final question, is there any advice you guys can give about "kits" and how much this might cost me?

P.S.: I know the 3VZE is a head gasket eating machine.

3VZ-E Is really a pain in the ass. The more you use that engine the more the block expands sooner or later its not only the cylinder head that has the problem but also the block. Replace it with a diesel engine it's much better. Find the Toyota 1KD-FTV D4D Engine. It's a 3.0 Litre Common Rail Turbo Intercooled Diesel Engine. It has lot of low rev torque with a superb fuel consumption.
Rudy
Posted: Mar 9 2013, 01:36 PM

Unregistered

(THIS POST WAS REMOVED BY REQUEST)

This post has been edited by Dorifuta on Mar 9 2013, 01:40 PM

3 Pages  1 2 3