Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 9 unique listeners, playing Fastway - Raising Hell

Rules and Policies
Please remember that participating in flame wars will be severely punished. General forum rules apply. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

AS Section Announcement : This subforum has been renamed to Community and General Chat from the previous name Tournaments / Teams / Locations due to the recent changes in AS section. This section will serve as a general chat forum for the Initial D Arcade Stage community from now on. By general chat, we mean topics that are not related to the game itself such as the latest tournaments, places to hang out, discussion about a certain gamer.. etc. Make yourself comfortable posting here. One last thing, NO flaming and NO spamming.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 2,905  ·  Replies: 15 
> ID4 Version 1.5 now in Dallas, TX, Come on out for those who havent yet.
GGawaran
  Posted: Jul 6 2008, 12:33 PM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 29,915

Initial D 4 is here in Dallas guys. Come on out and try it!

Were are located inside Valley View Mall

VVM
13331 Preston Rd
Suite 2040
Dallas, TX 75240

Next to JCPenny on the lower floor.
GGawaran
  Posted: Aug 7 2008, 02:08 PM

Shmuck

Alrighty guys, for those who have been by, and said 2 DOLLARS! YOUR CRAZY!... haha well I dont set the prices but I do have some good news for you guys....

ID4 1.5 Tournament! Boost Off.

September 20th, 2008 at Valley View Mall (Address Above)
10 Dollar entry fee will cover ALL GAMES PLAYED

If we can get at least 20 people for this tournament.... we will drop the price to 4 tokens after WE GET 20 PEOPLE SIGNED UP AND PAID! and for the rest of the time we have it, to show our appreciation for your continued support.

Were the only ones in Texas with it guys, come on out and show your support for ID4.

Remember we need at least 20! Myself and three others are already planning to join so that makes for 17 more people!

If you have any questions feel free to call me at 972-661-0054 (Store Number).

Hope to see you guys come out.

This post has been edited by GGawaran on Aug 7 2008, 02:44 PM
razorsuKe
Posted: Aug 7 2008, 02:26 PM

IDW Goldmember

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 12,243

It's great to see such enthusiasm, I hope this event goes well for you!
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
-VIRUS-
Posted: Aug 7 2008, 02:34 PM

Team Kenagi 4 life/ Team Amaya

Member No.: 6,643

I wish i can go but im not goin to Texas.lol
GGawaran
  Posted: Aug 7 2008, 02:42 PM

Shmuck

Thanks guys, ive been playing Initial D since Version 1. So I do have a passion for it, I want this to go well because, when 5 releases, we will get the upgrade kit and leave it at 4. If the business dies out too much we will lose the ID4 machine and all hope for 5.

No one else in texas has pulled through to get it, but my boss has stayed true to catering to our hardcore, so im pushing as far as I can go.

Texas! Represent! So we can keep 4 and get 5 =)
dk369
Posted: Oct 11 2008, 08:24 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 28,627

i heard that the gametown in dallas got shut down. i guess san antonio is now the only one that has it. and could you send me information on the ID4 drivers and their card names to that way i can add them to my list of ppl to destroy.
Ke6dRt
Posted: Oct 13 2008, 10:02 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 5,336

Makes me wonder... you show up and talk your talk before we even get ID4. Then we finally get it and you disappear. Then once we lose ID4, -poof- you appear again.

This sounds fishy to me. It's easy for you to talk big when we don't even have it, but for the short time we had ID4, you were no where to be found. Didn't wanna compare your TAs to ours huh? whistling.gif
icedagger
Posted: Oct 14 2008, 02:19 AM

Slowpoke...

Member No.: 18,773

By the way did the tournament GGawaran was planning push through? Does anyone know who won?

@dk369:
Sounds like you don't have much competition in San Antonio. If you really like the game so much you should probably get Extreme Stage for the PS3. It's essentially the same game. That way people won't have to come all the way to San Antonio to challenge you, smile.gif

I just know you're going to have a great time pwning Jap pros in Extreme Stage! biggrin.gif

dk369
Posted: Oct 15 2008, 04:45 PM

IDW Expert Member

QUOTE (Ke6dRt @ Oct 13 2008, 10:02 PM)
Makes me wonder... you show up and talk your talk before we even get ID4.  Then we finally get it and you disappear.  Then once we lose ID4, -poof- you appear again.

This sounds fishy to me.  It's easy for you to talk big when we don't even have it, but for the short time we had ID4, you were no where to be found.  Didn't wanna compare your TAs to ours huh?  whistling.gif

lets just say.... im having girlfriend trouble. thats why ive disappered. and b.c its no longer any fun. and ive just resently got back into ID4. the only reason is b.c i have nothing to do at my house. and really want to compair your TA but only if its a battle. and now adays you can catch me at ingram almost every saturday. but.... the rest of the month im not going to be racing anytime soon. the only reason is that a) im going to a basketball game this saturday. cool.gif i wont be able to play do to the fact that im going on a trip and i leave the 30th and then i come back the 1st. but anytime after that ill be able to play. and plus idk when you guys show up at ingram..... i need a freaking schuld on when u comming so that way i can free up time. or what i can do is give you my schuld so that way u guys in dallas know when im going to be there

(i had to edit cuz i forgot to put some stuff up)

This post has been edited by dk369 on Oct 17 2008, 04:08 PM
dk369
Posted: Oct 19 2008, 04:28 PM

IDW Expert Member

ok....... i will be at ingram park mall this saturday around the hours of 3-8 or 9..... depends if i run into friends and other crap. i wont be there on the 1st considering that im comming back from out of town. but i will be there on the 2nd from 3:30-5 and then after the 2nd i will resume regular schuld which is every saturday from 3-8
swmaxxx
Posted: Nov 19 2008, 12:01 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 29,199

Yea GameTown did get shut down. They didn't know how to run an arcade so it was inevitable. Hopefully GameWorks will get ID4.
Varcion
Posted: Nov 27 2008, 12:36 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 13,579

Well, havent been in here for a while...(sup Greg, Jason, and all the orginal-pwners of Dallas).......sucks too see ID4 get the ax here to. Its not much better here in So-Cal, theres still some people (less then 10 total) that still plays at the arcade i go to. The crap physics, however, has kept all the best players from playing. 90% of all the top ID teams from V3 went to MT3(even I did, but i freakin suck compared to when I played V3)

This post has been edited by Varcion on Nov 27 2008, 12:38 PM
Ke6dRt
Posted: Dec 12 2008, 01:23 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Sup man! w00t2.gif

I actually liked the ID4 physics, version 1.5 at least. It was freakin hard though and I never could get a handle on it. At our huge grand finale of ID4 tournament (with a whopping 7 entrants whistling.gif ) I finished 5th. So ya, still had fun tho. grin2.gif
dk369
Posted: Jan 17 2009, 08:42 PM

IDW Expert Member

i know this thread is probly dead and all that good stuff but im just wondering where are all the dallas people playing initial d arcade stage 4. the only reason why is b.c im heading out to austin febuary 5th and idk if all the dallas people head out to austin just to play id4. so.... if anybody knows plz let me know
Ke6dRt
Posted: Jan 18 2009, 03:02 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

lol, I don't think any of us does. Most of the old crew has moved away from the arcade scene, and those of us who still play moved to MT3 cuz we actually have that here.

Back in the V2 or V3 days we woulda been happy to accept any challenges from SA or anywhere else, and we did. We just don't have ID4 here so there's no point.
dk369
Posted: Jan 22 2009, 08:58 AM

IDW Expert Member

QUOTE (Ke6dRt @ Jan 18 2009, 03:02 AM)
lol, I don't think any of us does. Most of the old crew has moved away from the arcade scene, and those of us who still play moved to MT3 cuz we actually have that here.

Back in the V2 or V3 days we woulda been happy to accept any challenges from SA or anywhere else, and we did. We just don't have ID4 here so there's no point.

someone said that there were id4 machines in dallas but they were messed up. idk if those were the ones or even if hes talking about the right machines. and thanks for the info.