Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 9 unique listeners, playing Michiko Neya & Yumi Kakazu - Impact BLUE

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 6 AA and 7 AAX here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. For anything about ver.5, please post them in the version 5 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

3 Pages  1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 8,508  ·  Replies: 67 
> why is initial d so great, my buddy asked me
Jerry Liu
Posted: Nov 9 2009, 08:59 PM

I <333 Taylor Swift!!!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 29,300

QUOTE (*j*j* @ 1 hour, 40 minutes ago)
hmmm it was the same bk in V2 n V3 days where u can accept n refuse challenges n i think is reli good that it was removed ... smile.gif

so now the bullies can't escaped challenges except if they r fast enuf to go to TA n FQ ... dry.gif

toking bout FT cars in MT n ID now is very different compared to previous V2 n V3 where many cloned cards were available n now it seems MT r doing the same ...

may b this is the reason y lots of ppl r playing MT n also for a selected few who can mk good $$$ out of selling cloned cards ... shifty2.gif

i believed Namco have learned a lot from Segarosso on IDV2 n V3 ... too bad after the break up of Segarosso the new international versions of ID r doing very badly except for the local JAP versions of which are benefitting from it with OLine for both battle n rankings n not forgetting bout the car tunings n avatar options ... dry.gif

I'd actually rather be able to turn accept on in a couple seconds rather than having to go to the menu, select battle, then wait the (was it 30?) seconds, then play.
*j*j*
Posted: Nov 9 2009, 09:46 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 26,358

yea i know is frustrating waiting after battles start n stop ... sigh ... is that wat they called development ??? yea is bout 30 secs but anyway ter muz b a reason which is only subject to the JAP's version n may b the programmer was too lazy n programmed it together wit the EXP version ... dry.gif
N643
  Posted: Nov 9 2009, 09:47 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 28,448

QUOTE (*j*j* @ 2 hours, 28 minutes ago)
hmmm it was the same bk in V2 n V3 days where u can accept n refuse challenges n i think is reli good that it was removed ...  smile.gif

so now the bullies can't escaped challenges except if they r fast enuf to go to TA n FQ ...  dry.gif

toking bout FT cars in MT n ID now is very different compared to previous V2 n V3 where many cloned cards were available n now it seems MT r doing the same ...

may b this is the reason y lots of ppl r playing MT n also for a selected few who can mk good $$$ out of selling cloned cards ...  shifty2.gif

i believed Namco have learned a lot from Segarosso on IDV2 n V3 ... too bad after the break up of Segarosso the new international versions of ID r doing very badly except for the local JAP versions of which are benefitting from it with OLine for both battle n rankings n not forgetting bout the car tunings n avatar options ...  dry.gif

ur right but what about the noobs cuz in d4 & 5 once u challenge u can't turn it off

plus funny thing was once these noobs saw me play id4 & they were laughing me & when i ask them 2 play me they said that "real men play mt" so im like ok i play them & they were using dupe cards & both pick osaka cuz they said thats a real mans map

anyways they had 760/d & i had 680/g & i beat them 2 pulp & then after the race i told them "real men play bg4, u wanna play me" & they got scared & i said "oh by they way u just got beaten by a loser that was play id4" & i wasn't even using my ft car lol

This post has been edited by N643 on Nov 9 2009, 09:53 PM
Glocker
Posted: Nov 10 2009, 03:43 AM

IDW Expert Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 25,591

Honestly, MT has so much more gameplay features than ID5, even though if the presentation is not as good.

For example, MT has...
1) up to 4 way multiplayer
2) easier, cheaper, adjustable tuning system
3) unlockable custom paint colour (ID5 Int.Version stuck with the only colour you picked)
4) Better variety of cars
5) GHOST BATTLE (this rocks because you can challenge people who are not there or are kings of courses)
6) Outrun Mode (where you can use it to wait for people to show up and challenge you)
7) Story mode with 100 stages.
9) Frigging huge range of cars
10) AURA that grows with the car's mileage and changes colour according to your race style
11) Wins = stars; I'm at 2k over now, I'm struggling to hit 60 in IDAS
12) Ranking; what's Battle Level is the SSS ranking in MT; it also determines how heavy traffic will be. Up it to create difficulties for your opponents (and yourself)
13) Time Attack

Initial D 5 International Version has exactly:
1) Story Mode
2) Stores 3 cars on one card; bonus no requirement to renew card
3) Time Attack
4) Accept Challenge on
5) Silliest method of tuning; sorry, upgrading (take out and put in every 3 games...not even an automatic screen pop up for configuration)

So, it's not hard to see why people gravitated to MT when IDAS began to start sucking from V4 onwards. IDAS3 still rocks because when MT2 was around IDAS3 kicked its arse with Bunta mode, Racer Level, Battle Level/Aura/Percentage Wins, arguably more engaging soundtrack and decent tracks (Shomaru, Usui, and Tsuchizaka FTMFW).

Rest in peace IDAS, I'll miss you.

This post has been edited by Glocker on Nov 10 2009, 03:46 AM
Jerry Liu
Posted: Nov 10 2009, 12:50 PM

I <333 Taylor Swift!!!

I wouldn't exactly say ID3 kicked MT2's ass. I would say it was more of a tie.
N643
  Posted: Nov 10 2009, 04:14 PM

IDW Prime Member

i agree with jerry, id3 & mt2 was a tie, it was just that ppl id3 came out earlier then mt2 so once mt2 came out ppl get the hype cuz it was different & then once id4 came out some ppl just stopped playing cuz it sucked
Glocker
Posted: Nov 11 2009, 05:03 AM

IDW Expert Member

If I wasn't mistaken, when ID2 was out there was already Wangan Midnight R, which was crap, then MT, which competed directly with ID3. MT2 came out within a year and a half to keep up with ID3.
Jerry Liu
Posted: Nov 11 2009, 11:45 AM

I <333 Taylor Swift!!!

No, MT2 came out around the time ID3 came out.
N643
  Posted: Nov 11 2009, 07:48 PM

IDW Prime Member

well i do like the game play of d3 the most & i do like the way that i can mix match my kit on 4

but in general i wish they bring back the way d3 was

plus mt1 came after id2

This post has been edited by N643 on Nov 11 2009, 07:49 PM
W.A.R
Posted: Nov 11 2009, 10:55 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 11,318

QUOTE (N643 @ 3 hours, 6 minutes ago)
well i do like the game play of d3 the most & i do like the way that i can mix match my kit on 4

but in general i wish they bring back the way d3 was

plus mt1 came after id2

Still think that IDV3 was better your right when 4 came out it just died and fast!

Those new graphics wont make up for the greatness ID3 was.
tkrd48
Posted: Nov 12 2009, 01:12 AM

IDAS5 Team GT

Member No.: 34,011

IDAS5 is the best yet period...
N643
  Posted: Nov 12 2009, 01:37 AM

IDW Prime Member

QUOTE (W.A.R @ 2 hours, 41 minutes ago)
Still think  that IDV3 was better your right when 4 came out it just died and fast!

Those new graphics wont make up for the greatness ID3 was.

ya this is how i ended up thinking that id might be died 2 me even though it might not

& plus i was an on & off mt & id3 player & after d4 came out i was hyped 4 the while but that soon died out, since i still only play d4 just 2 remember this guy that gave me tips on how 2 play/tune car he left 4 good

funny thing is i have mentioned this be4 was when id4 came out i was 1 of the 1st few 2 get a card & now i finally got my 1st renew 2 months ago

This post has been edited by N643 on Nov 12 2009, 01:37 AM
DamienWolf
Posted: Nov 12 2009, 02:16 AM

Not Without Incident

Member No.: 22,878

QUOTE (tkrd48 @ Nov 10 2009, 12:01 PM)
It would be really good if the exp ver.. online with the neighboring country i.e. Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Hong Kong n even Philippines this would make things interesting smile.gif

Yeah. Just up there with our dreams for auras, a decent avatar system, or at least a damn frickin' IR.
N643
  Posted: Nov 12 2009, 03:23 AM

IDW Prime Member

sega never thought 2 expand id5 outside of japan, plus i dun mind about the IR i just wish they had a frickin website 4 id5
DigiBunny
Posted: Nov 12 2009, 05:35 AM

Reading is magic!

Member No.: 30,700

They do. Granted, it's in Japanese, but they do have it. There were numerous links to it in the Pre-ID5-Anticipation thread; just cant seem to find it in there.
McKwack
Posted: Nov 12 2009, 06:18 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 33,311

For me, what's so great about ID is that, I could feel the thrill of Touge racing. Like earlier tonight, when I raced Takumi @ Nagao for the umpteenth times (and lost again.. crying2.gif ) I could feel the adrenaline rush all those racers must've felt while racing. Though I managed to get better TA in Nagao, I think it's still not enough to beat him..

And for the record, I also play MT. I like it for a different reason: it's all about driving, and somehow, I feel relaxed when I'm driving. Also like earlier tonight, after the nth time of lost against Takumi, I decided to do a couple of ghost battles in MT. Picked the straightest course (Wangan Line), the weakest opponent (720 hp vs my 800 hp), all I have to do is floor it to the finish and make sure that I don't hit any traffic. happy.gif

Bottom line is, if I want to race, I'll pick ID. If I just want to drive, I'll pick MT.

Just my two cents...
Saint
Posted: Nov 13 2009, 02:54 AM

The 6th Blameless Shift

Member No.: 2,067

I like IDAS5 better than IDAS3 now. I feel more thrill when playing IDAS5, like the opponents talk during the race with reactions depending on what you do (I disliked IDAS4 though). Oh, the ecstasy of Iro jumps! It's a shame that there's no English version here (if there's any at all, but not that I know of).

This post has been edited by Saint on Nov 13 2009, 02:58 AM
Glocker
Posted: Nov 13 2009, 09:59 AM

IDW Expert Member

In terms of battles, I'd rate ID series like a samurai sword fight. If you make a mistake in a boost-off battle, you better pray like mad your opponent makes a mistake too or it's all over. Even the slightest thing could mean game over for you. If they are both equally matched as opponents, it'll become a battle of attrition; who will lose consequentially?

Meanwhile, MT is like......a multiplayer chess game. You can formulate strategies, race various styles (ram, smooth, mix, traffic bump) and because the courses are quite long, you can have different plans of attack, which makes it quite exciting as well.

While ID makes it up for the intensity of the matches, MT is just plain fun. Isn't what all games are about?
LaLaLa
Posted: Dec 28 2009, 11:20 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 33,109

QUOTE (Glocker @ Nov 13 2009, 09:59 AM)
If you make a mistake in a boost-off battle, you better pray like mad your opponent makes a mistake too or it's all over. Even the slightest thing could mean game over for you.

Boost off in Irohazaka sucks smile.gif
But then only people who don't know what boost is would go boost on in my country D:

alexho1998
Posted: May 12 2010, 04:56 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 34,466

Hey!ID has the avatar system!
TOJI
Posted: May 12 2010, 06:05 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 31,300

each car feels distinctively feel differently allowing many options
stormfox
Posted: May 12 2010, 08:55 AM

Underdog Nutcase

Member No.: 32,096

nothing wrong with Boost in ID... heck... the Japs play boost on matches to keep things interesting.

granted... Boost Off matches have more bragging rights attached to it...

just dont diss Boost On matches. Its no less technical than Boost Off except just a ball game with a different set of rules.

This post has been edited by stormfox on May 12 2010, 08:56 AM
Takahashi Rensuke
Posted: Sep 5 2010, 06:10 PM

The Blue Lightning

Member No.: 36,245

Well, I like IDAS5 because I love the excitement of it! grin2.gif
I don't really like Wangan because there are so many people playing it, I need to like wait for half an hour to play it. The people playing IDAS5 isn't that much compare to Wangan. And there's a lot of pro playing IDAS5, I can't wait to fully tuned my Subaru GC8 and beat them. happy.gif
GIDO
Posted: Sep 5 2010, 06:29 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 35,913

The only reason why I don't like MT because of the fact that you can't win with a stock car unlike in IDAS. I wish that MT had a feature that if you're a guest and someone challenges you, you get to have the same HP as the challenger. Fair right?
*j*j*
Posted: Sep 5 2010, 07:33 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 26,358

QUOTE (Takahashi Rensuke @ 1 hour, 22 minutes ago)
Well, I like IDAS5 because I love the excitement of it! grin2.gif
I don't really like Wangan because there are so many people playing it, I need to like wait for half an hour to play it. The people playing IDAS5 isn't that much compare to Wangan. And there's a lot of pro playing IDAS5, I can't wait to fully tuned my Subaru GC8 and beat them. happy.gif

ermm if IDAS5 is packed with players playing like in Time Sq n Leisure Mall would u change your mind of playing IDAS5 ???

3 Pages  1 2 3