Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 9 unique listeners, playing (Wangan Midnight OST) Lifetime -type A-

Important Rules
• Please do NOT post any torrents and/or links to pirated copies of games here. Violator will be issued a verbal warning or an actual warning.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Any kind of discussions related to ROMs, WAREZ and methods of copying copyrighted materials are prohibited in this section of the forums.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

8 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 24,274  ·  Replies: 191 
> Grand Theft Auto V [X1/PS4/360/PS3/Pee Cee]
Vortrex
Posted: Jul 9 2013, 07:05 AM

1988 Toyota MR2 AW11, My Go-Kart AE86

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 38,745

Saw it, watched it, and already said farewell to real life! laugh.gif
Still, i am going to wait for the PC version. -.-
Phantom_R32
Posted: Jul 9 2013, 08:26 AM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Member No.: 1,277

That trailer was amazing.

They might as well just make this game GOTY already.

This post has been edited by Phantom_R32 on Jul 9 2013, 08:28 AM
Tygur
Posted: Jul 9 2013, 09:52 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Group: Members
Member No.: 40,507

Seriously, that was awesome! Can't wait!
Drift Dude
Posted: Jul 9 2013, 10:02 AM

That guy from Belgium

Member No.: 24,995

I never really enjoyed a GTA game, this does look good tough...
Tessou
  Posted: Jul 9 2013, 10:03 AM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

Loved the shoutouts to previous entries. I'm sure everybody noticed the Republican Space Ranger.

Also, the glimpse at online play was tantalizing. Can't wait to see the reveal on that!
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
RalliKai
Posted: Jul 9 2013, 11:34 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 3,607

Vice City was the last GTA title I honestly enjoyed. This one does look promising and has me interested again in the series.
Tessou
  Posted: Jul 9 2013, 12:01 PM

Group Icon

A stock market activity, in my GTA?

MY BODY IS READY.

...to make shitloads of profit off of agriculture and technology stocks.
Tygur
Posted: Jul 9 2013, 12:05 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 40,507

Psssh, golf and tennis, I'm there! Which means golf cart drive-bys are probably making a return!
Tessou
  Posted: Jul 9 2013, 12:34 PM

Group Icon

I'm thinking of doing something like this on the links instead...

YOUTUBE ( www.youtube.com/watch?v=E73RM9gS7bU )

Also, if you for some reason haven't seen Falling Down (where the scene above is from), go find a copy and watch it. You won't be disappointed. smile.gif
APX
Posted: Jul 9 2013, 12:41 PM

Join the Empire today! Or die, rebel scum!

Member No.: 1,473

QUOTE (Vortrex @ 5 hours, 36 minutes ago)
Still, i am going to wait for the PC version. -.-

Most likely won't happen as they said their only focusing on these consoles. awesome.gif

But Man... I gotta pre-order already, get my blimp on, and then wait for the big cheese!
Tessou
  Posted: Jul 9 2013, 12:44 PM

Group Icon

Actually, Rockstar Leeds is hiring for positions to "bring current titles to PC". They've said that they are looking at PC as an option, just not at launch.
jbeavis100
Posted: Jul 9 2013, 01:56 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 38,847

It was originally a PC franchise to begin with. There has never been a GTA game to come out on launch since GTA3
Tessou
  Posted: Jul 9 2013, 02:27 PM

Group Icon

^ It was also a glitch in what was originally called Race N' Chase to begin with. wink2.gif
Tessou
  Posted: Jul 10 2013, 10:49 AM

Group Icon

Did you notice these things in the trailer? The hud and general interface have a lot to take in.

- The minimap looks more like a modern GPS instead of the classic top-down variety seen in previous entries.

- When switching characters, the bottom slot shows how many days have passed in the game. This might change in the final build, but I noticed it when pausing during the portion where the player switches from Michael to Trevor.

- In the weapon selection menu, each weapon has stats that pop up in the top right of the screen. This is because weapons can be modified at Ammunation now, and so each weapon will have different stats depending on what you put on them.

- The activities (golf, tennis, etc) have their own HUD elements to go with them. This is a huge upgrade over the rather shoddy and unhelpful interface for the darts and bowling games in GTA IV. The golf interface in particular is rather impressive, and the minimap even changes to show the hole you're playing on (it switches from the game map to a specific one just for the golf course).

- You might've been busy ogling the multiplayer, especially the jet screeching by, but the minimap shows some activities available behind the player. This confirms that (at least some) activities can be enjoyed in multiplayer, unlike GTA IV which locked them out.

- Franklin's weapon inventory consisted of a pistol, LMG, assault rifle, sniper rifle, bare fists, shotgun, a grenade launcher, and dynamite.

- A shell came out of the ejection port of Franklin's assault rifle when he reloaded. This might indicate that there will be a more realistic representation of reloading weapons before completely expending the clip.

- The Stock Exchange website is called Bawsaq (instead of Nasdaq). awesome.gif

user posted image

- The realty website is interesting. You can buy property immediately from the site, or go check it out yourself before making a decision. Notice the text regarding the "get directions" button...

"If you wish to view this property, just click the 'Get Directions' button, and via the magic of the internet we will send directions to your GPS."
jbeavis100
Posted: Jul 11 2013, 10:08 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 38,847

It's pretty much everything I hoped. All I need now is confirmation of a good set of cars and I'm set. This is going to be incredible.
Drift Dude
Posted: Jul 16 2013, 12:58 AM

That guy from Belgium

some more info popped up today,

15 different wild animals to hunt.
You're gonna own a dog called Chop and be able to buy all kinds of stuff for. You can also lose him if you are neglecting him.

And each of the 3 main guys are all differently animated.
APX
Posted: Jul 16 2013, 11:45 AM

Join the Empire today! Or die, rebel scum!

Member No.: 1,473

I'm pretty sure the dog is gonna be that Rottweiler we see in the trailers, unless that's just like a 'mission' ally, then damn you R* sad.gif

I wanna name him Tank, after my rottie.
Tessou
  Posted: Jul 16 2013, 12:22 PM

Group Icon

That's Franklin's dog. He's been seen in-game since the second trailer.
Tessou
  Posted: Jul 18 2013, 11:12 AM

Group Icon

Great news, everyone! This game is going to be much better than GTA IV!

According to Leslie Benes, President of Rockstar's North American branch, GTA V is going to give you intense missions very early in the game, to set the pace for the entirety of it. If I'm not driving Roman home or learning the intricacies of escaping the Ballas on a BMX bike, that sounds fucking great. I always disliked the (many) tutorial missions starting off GTA games. It makes your character seem like a moron if they need to learn how to drive a car or shoot a gun in some sort of dopey setup.

Also, not all characters will be available from the start. You have to meet up with them via missions, or (and this is cool), you can just run into them naturally while free roaming, and make them available without having to go through missions. Since everybody in the game is already present and living in Los Santos, the ability to run into the other selectable characters is real and quite possible.

But screw missions. The meat of GTA is running around exploring and killing things, right? I'm gonna head for the summit of Mt. Chiliad as soon as possible. A lot of speculation is around the internet regarding the mysterious building on top of the mountain.
Phantom_R32
Posted: Jul 18 2013, 12:41 PM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

What if Claude or Tommy Vercetti is inside that building at the top. He's tied to a chair and a random unnamed person wearing a ski mask is pointing a gun at him. Once you open the door, the event begins, if you manage to kill the armed man in time, Claude or Tommy Vercetti becomes a playable character.
Tessou
  Posted: Jul 18 2013, 12:45 PM

Group Icon

R* considers the PS2 games in their own universe (they call it the "GTA III universe"), completely different from the "Next Gen Universe" we're enjoying now. They've also said that Tommy is almost assuredly dead by now anyway. That said, anything can happen.
Phantom_R32
Posted: Jul 18 2013, 12:51 PM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Oh, well damn. Never knew that. lol I should probably catch up on the interviews and news about the game.
Drift Dude
Posted: Jul 18 2013, 12:57 PM

That guy from Belgium

Somehow, I sorta gonna miss Roman, he might have been a pain in the butt, he still had some funny moments.
Tessou
  Posted: Jul 18 2013, 01:03 PM

Group Icon

Brucie's welcome to return. I liked his free helicopter rides.
Tessou
  Posted: Jul 22 2013, 01:36 PM

Group Icon

It's not much, but some more info came out from a recent interview with Imran Sarwar, producer and lead mission writer at R* North.

- Strength is a skill that can increase melee fighting power, so you will be able to hit harder the more you fight. He also assured players that hits will feel like they actually carry weight this time around, so a hard punch will cause the appropriate, fluid reaction, instead of a universal "taking a punch" animation.

- Cars left on the street will be moved to an impound lot and will require a fee to retrieve. This is probably referring to customized cars that you leave outside of a safehouse for a certain amount of time. The impound lot is almost certainly not a physical lot full of cars, but rather a garage or something where the retrieval process (pulling the car data from memory) is out of sight.

- Enemies act differently depending on their faction. Cops will be organized and try to flank you, while common gangsters will typically be more wild and irrational.

- The three playable characters are not "three parts of a puzzle", in that they're all great but do not have the other guys there to cover up a weakness. None of them are explicitly going to be used for specific jobs every time. Just because Franklin is good with cars doesn't mean he will always be the wheelman, for instance.

- Confirmed that you can buy bulletproof options for vehicles. "Bulletproof tires and armor" were mentioned.

- Cars cannot be outfitted with weapons, but it is possible to puncture the fuel tank and light the fuel trail on fire, potentially blowing up the car.

- If you're driving with all three guys in the same car and switch another character, the guy you were playing as before will still be driving, and you'll be controlling the new guy as a passenger. Earlier games would force you to be either the driver or a passenger.

Less than two months, folks. I'm chomping at the bit here!

8 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 »