Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing (Battle Stage 2) Dave Rodgers - Disco Fire

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

54 Pages  « 52 53 54  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 690,856  ·  Replies: 1,348 
> Initial D Fifth Stage, Announced in 35th issue of Young Jump
BOZZ
Posted: Oct 14 2013, 09:10 AM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,414

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Yesterday, 9:27 PM)
For the (hopefully) last time...

Final Stage is not the new movie. The new movie is completely separate from Final Stage. They are two completely different things. Therefore, no, Final Stage is not a film. There is a new film, but it is not Final Stage.

I know that, no need for the reminder. What I am saying is I wonder, with this PPV channel being disconnected, if the producers might switch mediums from being a TV series to a movie or maybe an OVA.

This post has been edited by BOZZ on Oct 14 2013, 02:15 PM
TranceKitsune
Posted: Oct 14 2013, 03:50 PM

IDW God Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 42,103

I can't wait for the Initial D Battle Of The Gods er...Touge movie! derp.gif In all seriousness, will Final Stage and the movie be releasing close to the same time of one another or is the movie expected to release much later than Final Stage? I was looking around and couldn't find the answer to that question.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Oct 14 2013, 04:47 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (BOZZ @ 7 hours, 36 minutes ago)
I know that, no need for the reminder. What I am saying is I wonder, with this PPV channel being disconnected, if the producers might switch mediums from being a TV series to a movie or maybe an OVA.

It won't be a movie. OVA, sure. ONA, sure. Movie, no.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Perry
Posted: Oct 14 2013, 04:52 PM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (TranceKitsune @ 1 hour, 1 minutes ago)
I can't wait for the Initial D Battle Of The Gods er...Touge movie! derp.gif In all seriousness, will Final Stage and the movie be releasing close to the same time of one another or is the movie expected to release much later than Final Stage? I was looking around and couldn't find the answer to that question.

We don't have a release date for Final Stage yet. The new movie, however, will be released in summer 2014. smile.gif
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
TranceKitsune
Posted: Oct 14 2013, 05:30 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 42,103

Thanks for the information Perry! I just wanted to make sure. Sounds like they have a good amount of awesomeness lined up for us next year!

This post has been edited by TranceKitsune on Oct 14 2013, 05:33 PM
DALAZ_68
Posted: Oct 24 2013, 11:05 PM

][0 I M ][o -O- Meter

Member No.: 8,512

so i was youtubing the 5th stage, and sure enough i see IDforums.net at the end of one and then other episodes...

just wanted to take a minute and come back here and say thank you guys for the great work derp.gif

and yes it was depressing to find out the 86 vs 86 was not made yet... facepalm.gif
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Thereno
Posted: Dec 21 2013, 09:15 AM

Vote TheReno 2020

Member No.: 17,243

Wow, they actually made a 5th stage. And I still have an account here. I may have to watch this, glad to see a site I know putting up the vids.
Nomake Wan
Posted: May 12 2014, 08:19 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

So, fun thing. I was watching this Animax special on the history of Gundam and suddenly there was a commercial for Initial D (in glorious 1080i!). Apparently they're showing both The Road to Fifth Stage as well as Fifth Stage 1-4 on May 18th starting at 9PM (Japan Time). Considering this is not a PPV/VOD channel and is broadcast in 1080i, that's pretty awesome as far as source material goes. Trust me, it looks a hell of a lot better than those crappy DVDs they released! wink2.gif

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1280 x 720. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
gonzalo240sx
Posted: Jul 1 2014, 01:03 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 44,296

Does anybody know when will the Fifth and Final stage will be in English like the first 4 stages? Can't wait!!!! smile.gif
Tessou
Posted: Jul 1 2014, 01:32 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

Never. Funimation made very little money from the dubbed DVDs, so I don't see them going out of their way to get Fifth and Final Stages licensed.
BOZZ
Posted: Jul 1 2014, 07:34 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

QUOTE (Tessou @ 6 hours, 2 minutes ago)
Never. Funimation made very little money from the dubbed DVDs, so I don't see them going out of their way to get Fifth and Final Stages licensed.

It's sad that this is the case since I actually really liked the dub they did for Initial D.
gonzalo240sx
Posted: Jul 2 2014, 05:01 AM

Shmuck

They made no money because if I am not wrong, they made a couple of different versions of English with even different soundtracks... I guess they could have saved a little there =P

Anyways, thanks for the quick response. I guess we the fans, can work into a new Project D but this time as in Dub smile.gif Maybe even Spanish too.

Racing and drifting in Peru is growing more and more, there even is an AE86 club back there smile.gif

I might be new here but I am LOVING this site already. The reason of why I love Initial D is because I identify myself a lot with it.

I am System Engineer originally from Peru so if there is anything I can help out with on this site, please don't hesitate to ask.

Yours truly,
Tessou
Posted: Jul 2 2014, 05:33 AM

Group Icon

QUOTE (gonzalo240sx @ 32 minutes, 5 seconds ago)
They made no money because if I am not wrong, they made a couple of different versions of English with even different soundtracks... I guess they could have saved a little there =P

Funimation made only one dub. You are mistaken.
gonzalo240sx
Posted: Jul 2 2014, 06:12 AM

Shmuck

I am pretty sure I am not... maybe I phrased my statement wrong so let me try again. I saw an original DVD which for example, they called Takumi just Tak and the background music was not the euro beats like the series in Netflix... so maybe a different company rather than Funimation dubbed the DVDs? Anyways, don't really care as long as it is in English. What do you think it would take to dub the new stages?
Tessou
Posted: Jul 2 2014, 06:15 AM

Group Icon

That's the Tokyopop version. It is no longer available. If it was on Netflix, it would have been way back before Funimation got the license to make their own dub.
Renmazuo
Posted: Jul 20 2014, 06:43 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 29,693

Has anyone noticed that Ryosuke and Fumihiro are dressed the same in some of the episodes? They're both wearing a sky blue polo shirt with khakis.
Spaz
Posted: Jul 21 2014, 08:50 AM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

QUOTE (Renmazuo @ Yesterday, 9:43 PM)
Has anyone noticed that Ryosuke and Fumihiro are dressed the same in some of the episodes? They're both wearing a sky blue polo shirt with khakis.

I have made it my unofficial goal to wear the same color shirt as another member here, Grappler, at the office as many days as possible per week.

Sometimes people wear the same stuff. It's called magic life.
Nimda01
Posted: Dec 25 2014, 09:54 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 40,715

Finally.. a Blu-ray version of Fifth Stage and Final Stage.

cdjapan.co.jp/product/EYXA-10337
kyonpalm
Posted: Dec 25 2014, 09:58 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (Nimda01 @ 4 minutes, 24 seconds ago)
Finally.. a Blu-ray version of Fifth Stage and Final Stage.

cdjapan.co.jp/product/EYXA-10337

Took them long enough. I'll tell you, though, that's about ¥40000 more than it's worth.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Falbere
Posted: Dec 26 2014, 02:55 AM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

Group: IDP Admin
Member No.: 43,254

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 4 hours, 57 minutes ago)
Took them long enough. I'll tell you, though, that's about ¥40000 more than it's worth.

Yay! The Initial D fanbase are full of people who just love to torrent stuff!

No wonder Initial D died.
r35gtr
Posted: Dec 8 2015, 10:19 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 46,063

The fifth stage was missing something. and for me it is the battle between Takumi and Keisuke. for several episodes, keisuku has said " Do not loose before our rematch" he said it before takumi raced Nakazato and on the last stretch when keisuke was watching the last stretch of the battle between Takumi and Seiji.

also there is little character build up of the Project D's oponents. they just came out of no where. sure background is stated but the suspense build up is not there.

KJGAE86
Posted: Jul 19 2023, 02:41 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 39,135

Can anyone recommend and\or provide a source for 5th Stage in English dub via a Streaming service??

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Branch
Posted: Jul 26 2023, 03:35 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 51,431

QUOTE (KJGAE86 @ Jul 19 2023, 02:41 PM)
Can anyone recommend and\or provide a source for 5th Stage in English dub via a Streaming service??

There is no English dub of Fifth Stage
tracyberge
Posted: Oct 9 2023, 01:40 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 53,652

Honestly thank you so much for your page.

54 Pages  « 52 53 54