Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 8 unique listeners, playing Lupin - Black U.F.O

Important Rules
user posted imageNOTE : All pinned topics were replaced by one main topic that links to important topics. Check that topic out first before starting a new one. Please read the thread (Competition) - General Rules before making a challenge topic. All challenge threads must adhere to the example challenge format. All competitions are based on a honor system, lying about your lap times could earn you an actual warning. Any kind of discussions related to ROMs, WAREZ and methods of copying copyrighted materials are prohibited in this section of the forums. Any inflammatory comments, flaming and flame baiting will not be tolerated. Violators will be issued an actual warning. These forums are for friendly competitions.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

9 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 13,721  ·  Replies: 201 
> Top Gear 50'000 pounds Challenge, A revamp, this time. Sorry about the last one...
VTiRoj
Posted: Sep 29 2007, 09:41 AM

IDW's neighbourhood Roj

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 15,576

[Radio]"At least I dont have an Alfa Romeo which WILL break down during this challenge. And an Accord that's gonna fly off the road because you cant even keep it pointed straight!"[/Radio]
outlaw-2
  Posted: Sep 29 2007, 09:46 AM

Always Lurking...

Member No.: 20,050

[Radio] And you're still too busy whitening your teeth even through all that. Like in the 1st challenge, when you went haywire. Did your teeth whitening kit got stuck?[/Radio]
VTiRoj
Posted: Sep 29 2007, 09:50 AM

IDW's neighbourhood Roj

[Radio]"I HAVE NOT HAD MY TEETH WHITENED!!!!"[/Radio]

*distant screaming of a 3.2L V6 is heard*
outlaw-2
  Posted: Sep 29 2007, 09:54 AM

Always Lurking...

OOC: Oh man... this is really cracking me up... I wonder if we could make a seperate thread and keep tabs on what we do and the conversations? How does that idea do? It's like...

TOP GEAR (IDFORUMS EDITION)
VTiRoj
Posted: Sep 29 2007, 10:03 AM

IDW's neighbourhood Roj

Oh hell yeah laugh.gif

I think we're better at being Top Gear presenters than Top Gear themselves grin2.gif

This post has been edited by VTiRoj on Sep 29 2007, 10:31 AM
FinToy-83
Posted: Sep 29 2007, 10:26 AM

IDW Banned Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 14,568

No, we're not since none of us has that proper, brutal and British sense of humour.
VTiRoj
Posted: Sep 29 2007, 10:32 AM

IDW's neighbourhood Roj

QUOTE (FinToy-83 @ Today at 6:26 PM)
No, we're not since none of us has that proper, brutal and British sense of humour.

I'm British, I could try wink2.gif

Okay, now for my adventurous journey to the Nurburgring...

Obviously, to get to the Nurburgring, you gotta go back the way you came from Le Sarthe, so I got to visit my favourite hairpin grin2.gif
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Takumi, seriously, find a new hobbie whistling.gif

On my way down Citta Di Aria, I was stuck behind a local in his Renault. Obviously he tried to get away from my nice CL, but he obviously spent too much money on style and not enough on engine, because even with 260bhp, my CL was all over the guy.
user posted image
user posted image
And yes, obviously he needed new brakes too, because he slammed right into a wall rolleyes.gif
user posted image
Unlike me, who seems to have brakes that seem to do nothing but stop the car, unlike a certain Alfa and Accord whistling.gif

So, I'm at the 'Ring now, and my CL is being topped up with fuel, see you guys later... grin2.gif
Sweeper
Posted: Sep 29 2007, 11:19 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 2,798

On the way to Nurburgring I had to stop by some places a few friends recommended me and... Well, driving through Italy I had to document a few moments.
user posted image

Who made this corner anyway? Seriously they need learn from America on this matter as this could have been one nice flat straight to accelerate upon, I barely dodged that in my GM powered Opel.

user posted image

Fighting the corners have never been so frustrating so I decided to test the handbrake on the Opel, results wasn't very satisfactory however.

user posted image

Regardless I was rather surprised to see so many people out there just to see my Opel drive through so I decided to give them a little excitement and show them my earthshaking torque by performing a little burnout.

user posted image

As I attempted another of these horrible European corners I was surprised by the FF Opel throwing me SIDEWAYS into the corner, I would be expecting understeer rather than oversteer.

user posted image
I then took a trip through Monte Carlo to see the F1 circuit, rather interesting view actually, and you truly get to enjoy the ride.

user posted image
But... What is that? No it can't be, somebody from the US with a 5.7 litre V8 with 16 valves... He is passing my Opel?

user posted image
Let us have a bit of fun, Opel vs Camaro.

user posted image
I got this photo after the little race, appears an amateur photographer snapped a shot in the corner of us two charging in.

user posted image
Somehow, I managed to catch up to the Camaro, was he waiting for me?

user posted image
The Camaro screws up by spinning out.

user posted image
Roles have changed, and I stole the lead.

user posted image
Now all I have to do is hang on to the lead for the following straight.

user posted image
No go, the Camaro killed my 3.2L torque demon on the straight...

VTiRoj
Posted: Sep 29 2007, 11:44 AM

IDW's neighbourhood Roj

Heh, tough luck Sweeper, I guess the Opel isnt as torquey as a Camaro just yet wink2.gif

Little update on my Nurburgring drive...

I AM BORED. Cruising constantly in 4th gear, is incredibly boring. Because at these RPM's, I cannot hear my exhaust making my favourite sounds... dry.gif

So far my best lap is 9'29.590, bearing in mind I am in 4th gear, and 3rd for tighter corners... whistling.gif

Anyway, I shall continue driving like an old woman now.

Edit: Oh, since I was so bored, I did some math on to how long fuel will last, mileage, etc. And I think I'll clock enough miles to lose some BHP sad.gif

I hope we're allowed our Turbo/NA tuning back after this sad.gif

Edit2: Halfway mark on the fueltank reached. w00t2.gif

Edit3: My Acura CL just hit 013000 on the odometer! Hooray! grin2.gif

This post has been edited by VTiRoj on Sep 29 2007, 12:42 PM
outlaw-2
  Posted: Sep 29 2007, 12:56 PM

Always Lurking...

I hope you noted the number of laps you had went through before your car went out of fuel...
VTiRoj
Posted: Sep 29 2007, 01:09 PM

IDW's neighbourhood Roj

I'm still going actually laugh.gif 4 dots on the fuel gauge left wink2.gif
outlaw-2
  Posted: Sep 29 2007, 01:12 PM

Always Lurking...

Whoa!... Now I really got to find myself where I can have a lot of time to do this challenge; midnight. Which is... oh boy... 18 hours away.
VTiRoj
Posted: Sep 29 2007, 01:14 PM

IDW's neighbourhood Roj

Yeah, this is gonna add up to 2 and a half hours of driving thereabouts.

Edit: 3 lights left on the gauge, dont fail me now CL happy.gif

Edit2: 2 lights left, come on...

Edit3: A message just popped up on GT4 saying "Finished recording replay", wtf? ermm2.gif

Edit4: The last remaining light is left... the final battle has begun... go! My Acura CL! pinch2.gif

This post has been edited by VTiRoj on Sep 29 2007, 01:58 PM
outlaw-2
  Posted: Sep 29 2007, 02:11 PM

Always Lurking...

Maybe from the looks of it... I might follow the speeds from where I live... 50kmh for the corners, 90kmh for the straights... Though... it does sound slow...
VTiRoj
Posted: Sep 29 2007, 02:19 PM

IDW's neighbourhood Roj

Damn you May, breaking my edit chain... anyway, update.

MY FUEL GAUGE IS READING NO LIGHTS, NOTHING. Whatever fuel is left, is in the lines, so, effectively I have about 1 or 2 minutes worth of fuel, maybe. So, instead of making it last, and grinding to a halt doing 10mph, I'm gonna do my CL proud. As of now, I am going full throttle, full revs, and screaming around the Nurburgring.

My CL isnt gonna go down without a fight! Yoshaaaa!!!! pinch2.gif
Sweeper
Posted: Sep 29 2007, 02:24 PM

IDW Goldmember

QUOTE (outlaw-2 @ Today at 12:11 AM)
Maybe from the looks of it... I might follow the speeds from where I live... 50kmh for the corners, 90kmh for the straights... Though... it does sound slow...

AHA! Seems like my Opel will give you a tough game there...
I am running in complete economy mode, matching my RPM and throttle position for utilizing my "Ecotech" engine wink2.gif After all this is Opel's game as much I hate to admit it.
VTiRoj
Posted: Sep 29 2007, 02:28 PM

IDW's neighbourhood Roj

My CL, it... it... won the battle! grin2.gif

From T1 to T6, the CL did a full throttle run, with effectively no fuel. However, upon passing T7, the fuel stopped, and I have no power. We're coasting at 50mph, wether the CL will eventually grind to a halt is unknown, but one thing is for sure, we are NOT giving up! wink2.gif

Edit: T8 passed... blink.gif

Edit2: T9 and 10 passed, now onto the big straight... what is this CL running on? fear2.gif

Edit3: HOLY... WTF? The CL just completed a lap with no fuel! What is this? w00t2.gif

This post has been edited by VTiRoj on Sep 29 2007, 02:36 PM
outlaw-2
  Posted: Sep 29 2007, 02:35 PM

Always Lurking...

Uhh... the car will not stop moving. It has been verified by myself with a Skyline few months ago. So because of that... Note the amount of laps once the speed has been limited to 50mph/80kph
VTiRoj
Posted: Sep 29 2007, 02:43 PM

IDW's neighbourhood Roj

QUOTE (outlaw-2 @ Today at 10:35 PM)
Uhh... the car will not stop moving. It has been verified by myself with a Skyline few months ago. So because of that... Note the amount of laps once the speed has been limited to 50mph/80kph

I see. Well then my CL can retire, man that was harder than any endurance race...

Well, my final result I guess is 13 laps, and if its counted, the 14th lap upto the T7 marker.

So, 13laps (and 14th lap's T7 marker).

My CL is covered in dirt, bruises, scratches, but most of all, it went down kicking and screaming!

For anyone wondering, my starting mileage was 12902, and finished mileage (as in finishing that 14th lap) was 13082. Thats 180 miles in 14 laps.

However, upon all good news, there is bad news... my CL is wounded. The 260bhp it started with has been knocked down to 250. sad.gif

Edit: Something to remind myself of this event.

My CL, dirty and proud! grin2.gif
user posted image

This post has been edited by VTiRoj on Sep 29 2007, 02:52 PM
Bridget
Posted: Sep 29 2007, 03:09 PM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 26,520

I thought I'd give this fine competition a whirl, and have a go through as Sabine Schmidt, if ya don't mind. happy.gif

After I plunked down my signature on the entry form and sealed my fate, I quite graciously took ownership of the regulation spending cash. About halfway to the used car showroom, I thought of what fine FF Sedan I would plunk down my 50,000 quid on. I thought first of a used Alfa Romeo; sharp depreciation might net me a good deal, after all. I proceeded to find absolutely nothing at the car lot. I henceforth turned to the Japanese. A Honda Accord Euro-R or Acura CL would fit the bill quite nicely. I was gutted to find that the local supply had been dried up by May and Hammond. Bugger. I didn't feel the need to take the large hit of depreciation nor pay the larger entry fee for a new sedan that would almost certaintly end up looking like bad taffy at the end of this competition. I got desperate. Very desperate.

user posted image

Apparently, THIS desperate. I indeed purchased a Ford Taurus SHO for the sum of 15,240 quid. Now, all American car jokes aside, I simply dislike it. The interior is stereotypically cheap, with a horrendous console design, and non-existent ergonomics.The Yamaha engine, although smooth, tends to have its camshafts fall apart every 80,000km. Any performance the 3.4 Litre V8 could possibly possess is ruined by the hopelessly long geared, Automatic only transmission that takes ages to shift. Its handling is relatively predictable, and steering feel isn't too bad, but the car's 1500kg weight is very conspicuous, and the car just feels too soft for European tastes. However, I can't condem the Taurus' shortcomings without praising it as well. The brakes are wonderful, with great feel and balance. The engine sound is pure ecstacy, sounding more like it came from Maranello than from Yamaha. And it can haul four adults in relative comfort at indecent speeds. But overall, the car is simply not up to par with the Japanese and European competition. Regardless, the show must go on, and I intended on doing the best I could with with my machine.

Of course, I did the customary playing around with my new toy, and had a mate snap pics of it, and my later Le Mans run, only to lose my USB Flash Drive before I could transfer them to the PC.

As I arrived at the Le Mans track, I couldn't help noticing a group of chavs next to (what was most likely) Father's Rex and Mum's 3000GT chuckling at "The Oldbag's Sedan" I was rolling into the paddock with. I also noticed a rather daft looking bright red Yank Truck next to my Taurus, with a rather stereotypical hick looking at me and my Ford distastefully between dregs of his Marlboros. I felt quite foreign here, and was very relieved when it came time to line up for the rolling start. As I figured, the transmission sucked quite a large amount of fun (and performance) out of this excursion, and I found myself sucking dust while accelerating out of some of the tighter bends of the old track, eventually recieving a disappointing 4th. However, the car did admittedly well for what it was worth on the high speed course, and dispatched the two chavs, with their Japanese turbo machines quite satisfyingly.

Final Results
Chevrolet Silverado SST - 9:52.056
Mazda RX8 Type S - 10:04.756
Nissan 300ZX 2 Seater (Z32) - 10:08.188
Ford Taurus SHO - 10:10.883
Subaru Impreza STi Version IV - 10:14.028
Mitsubishi 3000GT MR - 10:14.059

Not too shabby, I suppose. With the Nurburgring in mind, I must depart. Hopefully, I can give you some pics of the mayhem sure to ensue on the way there.

This post has been edited by Bridget on Sep 29 2007, 03:17 PM
VTiRoj
Posted: Sep 29 2007, 03:16 PM

IDW's neighbourhood Roj

Ah, before I go to bed (seriously, its midnight here), I just wanna say welcome Bridget to IDW, and the GT section grin2.gif

10 minutes 10 sec, boy oh boy you must of been driving the wheels off that Taurus. tongue.gif

Anyway, goodnight happy.gif
Sweeper
Posted: Sep 29 2007, 03:22 PM

IDW Goldmember

AH! Here the Ecotech shines its glory, 3.8 laps around the ring, next to the final straight PER BAR on the fuel gauge...
This machine really performs.
outlaw-2
  Posted: Sep 29 2007, 03:36 PM

Always Lurking...

Welcome to the competition, and IDW, Bridget. biggrin.gif Hope this competition will be a blast. And please do pester Jeremy (Fin-toy) shifty2.gif I'm probably lost somewhere while on the way to the Nurb- oh God... I'm in Norway! (Pics later)

This post has been edited by outlaw-2 on Sep 29 2007, 05:38 PM
VTiRoj
Posted: Sep 30 2007, 01:45 AM

IDW's neighbourhood Roj

*yawn* Wow, sleeping in the CL isnt as bad as I thought! What? You thought I went home? Naw. Driving 2 and a half hours constantly, and you expect me to drive home straight after? Besides, I want to be here when May appears 5 hours (*cough*days*cough*) late grin2.gif
outlaw-2
  Posted: Sep 30 2007, 03:48 AM

Always Lurking...

Things... aren't going so well for me, really.

Going through Cote de Azur again was not really swinging onto my side. Reason being, the dreaded turns again. And somehow... the Accord seemed to have developed a hate for those corners. Bloody hell.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Yes! I spun out again! Bugger.

And I thought that was the end of my worries, but no, here comes Citta d'Aria

user posted image
Are the rear tyres shot?

user posted image
Wait, that's not right...

user posted image
I think I might cause a traffic jam if the peak hours kick in- oh no... I can hear the cars coming... >_<

user posted image
Eh? Where am I?

user posted image
Seriously, is going to the Nurburgring that hard? rant.gif

9 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 »