Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 3 unique listeners, playing Dave Mc Loud - Mikado

3 Pages  1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 12,516  ·  Replies: 73 
> [FANFIC] Chick Fight!
Hannah
Posted: Jun 10 2008, 07:42 PM

Remember Me
Group Icon

Group: PONY FANATIC
Member No.: 8,296

Kyaa! First finale post!
Awesome job on the fic as a whole! I really really enjoyed it, and even though I'm so excited about MakoxIketani, it's just more than that. :3
I don't know how to describe it, but I just love the way this story started out, and ended. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
pnoytecknix
Posted: Jun 10 2008, 07:50 PM

IDW Special Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,159

nice, neat little ending there. not disappointing at all.... great job!

i hope that the success of this fic will spur you into continuing writing these wonderful ID stories.
Hannah
Posted: Jun 10 2008, 08:01 PM

Remember Me
Group Icon

Group: PONY FANATIC
Member No.: 8,296

Edit: Somebody delete, please. D:

This post has been edited by Paula-tan on Jun 10 2008, 08:01 PM
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Rudy
Posted: Jun 10 2008, 08:01 PM

Unregistered

(THIS POST WAS REMOVED BY REQUEST)
fettman53
Posted: Jun 10 2008, 08:43 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 25,717

How about another unofficial race with Bunta vs. Takumi on Akina. Only THIS time, Takumi begins to learn his dad's weakness?

Or maybe Takahashi vs. Takahashi: Keisuke's final test!

laugh.gif

Or maybe your very own continuation/ending to Initial D after the end of the final episode of 4th Stage? Project D arrives in Tokyo...Takumi runs into Natsuki while walking on the street somewhere in Tokyo...and then Takumi has to choose: a lonely life of professional racing...or getting back together with Natsuki and never racing again. And then, when he asks his dad what HE would do in his situation, Bunta tells Takumi to take a look at what he has become: a single father running a small tofu shop (even though he hates tofu.) Say how Bunta tried out for professional racing and never made it, and his wife left him, and this is where he is now. Then Takumi has to choose. Which will it be???

pinch2.gif That would be so awesome!!!
Meteor
Posted: Jun 10 2008, 10:33 PM

Were you expecting something else?

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 20,929

Simply great conclusion.

Fate's FD Battle Part II was well written as well. I wonder if those two are going to talk afterwards though. .

W00t! Iketani and Mako finally get back together!
“Success! Wait a second,” he said, suddenly realizing what it meant. “No! I'm a lonely driver again! No one shares in my misery!”

Relax Itsuki. You'll find someone soon. laugh.gif

And actually, Kenji also shares in your misery (though he doesn't show it as much).

Yay! Everyone's happy now!

I'll say it again: Simply great conclusion.

Any suggestions for another fic? Bunta toying with God Arm? Itsuto and his Roadster strike back? Hachi hoedown?

How about Speedstars' Adventures? A funny little fic about the exploits of everyone's three favourite (currently canon-wise) lonely drivers.

Perhaps an Initial D - ZERO? Set before First Stage and with Kichirou as the main character?

A prequel type fic about the girls in Initial D hasn't been done before. How about a pre-Fourth Stage fic about Iwase Kyoko?

Initial D-Zero - Takumi gets cryogenically frozen into the future, where he gets to drive a clunky old F-Zero machine. laugh.gif

Tofu Shop Diaries. Everyone's favourite old man tries to start up a tofu shop. And we get to see why it's a tofu shop in the first place, among other things.

That's all I can think of for now.
steele01
Posted: Jun 11 2008, 12:14 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 25,300

awsome really enjoyed reading this grin2.gif was ace

Bunta toying with God Arm? Itsuto and his Roadster strike back sound like amazing ideas to me

tom
VTiRoj
Posted: Jun 11 2008, 12:25 AM

IDW's neighbourhood Roj

Member No.: 15,576

QUOTE (thx712517 @ Today at 3:45 AM)
“You just have to remind me,” she said, leaning forward and kissing him quickly. Across the street Itsuki jumped in the air.
“Success! Wait a second,” he said, suddenly realizing what it meant. “No! I'm a lonely driver again! No one shares in my misery!”

I share your misery Itsuki! crying2.gif

Excellent finale. But, a tie?! Nooooo! pinch2.gif I suppose a tie makes more sense in the end though. wink2.gif The race itself was epic though. Kyoko's mindgames with the mimicing of her old turbo to trick Keisuke was damned clever, almost Ryousuke-level tactics!

Hurray for a completely happy ending! Except Nakazato who is now in A&E after Sayuki smacked him in the jaw after he tapped her shoulder and suprised her. laugh.gif

I think Itsuto needs another appearence, he's probably one of my favourite characters that you've cooked up yourself. happy.gif

Bunta vs God Hand would be epic though. grin2.gif

Or as an original suggestion, Shingo vs Daiki. Ultimate Civic battle! w00t2.gif

But no matter what you do, I'm sure it'll be worth reading and requesting MOAR of. smile.gif
thx712517
  Posted: Jun 11 2008, 01:15 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 23,877

Thanks everybody for the kind words! I really appreciate all the positive comments and the suggestions. Considering what I drive on a daily basis and will be racing two times in the next week, I may indeed write an Itsuto story. I love that character, he's so fun to write for. Then again, something completely new set in First Stage or about the Speed Stars would be awesome too. It'll take me a while to figure out what I want to write, but when I do I'll share it with everybody here.
wing_0
Posted: Jun 11 2008, 06:16 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 24,095

The fic is simply outstanding. I was hoping that it would be your first shot at Sanae-like romance and chara development, but it wasn't. But you did a great job, it's very well written and it's funny smile.gif
DrIfTeRX305
Posted: Jun 11 2008, 12:16 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 4,713

Great ending.

I love everyone's suggestions, but I like a Speedstars side-story would be pretty cool. Have Iketani & Kenji get trained by Takumi in some sense(1st exercise - stay conscious through entire Takumi downhill run) perhaps even let Takumi driver their cars to show them the car's potential(kind of like in 1st stage he did with Itsuki's Hachi-go). Have some Sat. night team battles vs Red Suns, Night Kids, Impact Blue, and maybe for a finale against the Emperors.
xmark
Posted: Jun 11 2008, 05:47 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 18,639

Awesome! Well balanced storyline.

I hope we can put some battle visuals... In Tokyo Extreme Racer Drift 2 game there are lots of Cars and Mountain Pass just like in Initial D... Maybe we could get some battle and car visuals from there IMHO smile.gif
Posted: Jun 11 2008, 10:50 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Member No.: 16,670

nooooo! its over already crying2.gif . great fanfic thx, i like how the fd showdown ended smile.gif . lol i liked kyoko's strategy to mimic the old turbo, serves him right for hoping she falls for that trick a 2nd time.

@VTiRo
Bunta vs God Hand would be epic though. 

he already beat the 2 purple shadow elite with the hachi. though reading more about the details of those 2 races would be epic.

This post has been edited by 207 on Jun 11 2008, 10:56 PM
VTiRoj
Posted: Jun 12 2008, 12:26 AM

IDW's neighbourhood Roj

Member No.: 15,576

QUOTE (207 @ Today at 7:50 AM)
@VTiRoj

he already beat the 2 purple shadow elite with the hachi. though reading more about the details of those 2 races would be epic.

Yeah! w00t2.gif

I was thinking more with the Impreza myself but details on those races would be awesome. I mean hey, who wouldn't want to read how an AE86 beats the R34 on the uphill. laugh.gif
tatyana
Posted: Jun 12 2008, 07:47 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 24,273

i guess i'll be the first to say that i'm wasn't completely satisfied with the ending, though i really loved the story. there are a few girls on here who like romance, you know? and not the ryosuke/keisuke fan girls-type, either, even though what i'm about to type next will look like i'm disproving that.

why did kyoko have to lose all feelings for keisuke? sad.gif going by the storyline, it's only been a couple weeks since she's said that she wouldn't find another guy as good as him. if mako and iketani get a happy ending (and it's been over half a year since they've seen each other), why can't kyoko and keisuke?

oh well. your story. it didn't detract from the fantastic fanfic. i just happen to like happy ending, since real life is often sucky.
Meteor
Posted: Jun 12 2008, 08:11 PM

Were you expecting something else?

Member No.: 20,929

^It wasn't stated that Kyoko lost all feelings for Keisuke. Read this part of the FD VS FD battle.
Screaming into the next corner Kyoko decided to do something incredibly risky. She took the outside of the turn and Keisuke, predictably, dove for the inside and soon drew even. Unleashing the full power of her far more responsive turbo, Kyoko drew even with Keisuke and pulled ahead again. She chanced a look over and saw his face, pinched and contorted in extreme concentration. The two coupes hit their brakes within half a second of each other and drifted through the corner side by side in perfect unison.
“This is the feeling I wanted,” Kyoko said. “This feeling! I want to race like this forever! On and on until we run out of gas,” she sighed happily. The two rotary coupes roared down the straight, quickly approaching the final corners of Myogi.

Exactly the way she felt the first time she raced Keisuke.
thx712517
  Posted: Jun 13 2008, 03:18 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

It's not that she lost all feelings for Keisuke, but rather Sayuki has finally been able to hammer it into her head that if she loves someone, they should love her back and not treat her poorly. Kyoko's in an awkward stage where she still loves Keisuke when she doesn't think about it, but when she's reminded of how he treated her, she gets pissed. I'm sure there have been times in real life where you've told a friend she deserves better, right? Even though she knows you're right, she still cares for the guy. That, in my mind, is Kyoko.
DK_2
Posted: Jun 13 2008, 05:04 PM

I wear purple pants. +1

Member No.: 25,400

^^^^^^^^^^^
that's my situation right now. T_T
snoro
Posted: Jun 13 2008, 09:02 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 29,765

awsome fanfic which may be not sleep at all for one night even if i am in the exam period.

I want to see atleast a meet with god hand and bunta at ibaraki and i also like the idea of the civic battle for the downhill and maybe a gt-r battle for uphill or a battle between kai kogashiwa and his father ken in the irozohaka slopes with alot of jump.
Sanae
Posted: Jun 30 2008, 02:24 PM

IDW Okamisan

Member No.: 19,388

Once again, I bow to your superior skills in terms of story-telling and your tech-savvy is just astonishing. That said, I found it cute the way you chose to deal with the chicks of Initial D, very brave of you! LOL.

Now seriously, yet again, you show (me) and everyone else that we still have much more to learn. Thanks a lot for writing and sharing this with us! happy.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
thx712517
  Posted: Jun 30 2008, 02:51 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

You are far, far too kind! Dreaming of Akina is a monument of love to Initial D and cars in general. I can't imagine the guts required for 45 chapters of such good quality fiction.
snoro
Posted: Jun 30 2008, 05:10 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 29,765

and dreaming of akina is still not finished yet
Sanae
Posted: Jul 1 2008, 02:02 PM

IDW Okamisan

Member No.: 19,388

QUOTE (thx712517 @ Yesterday at 12:51 AM)
You are far, far too kind! Dreaming of Akina is a monument of love to Initial D and cars in general. I can't imagine the guts required for 45 chapters of such good quality fiction.

THX, thank you for your kind words about DoA. It does get a bit challenging when the fic reaches a certain amount of chapters but hey, my praise for your work is really well deserved. You're amazing in terms of describing racing scenes and car set-ups. I'm 100% that everyone here agrees with me.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
DrIfTeRX305
Posted: Jul 1 2008, 02:29 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 4,713

You're both great writers; it'd be great to see you guys make some money using that talent. Its interesting to read the stories, similar in context, but different in presentation. Thx's style sticks more closely to the mood, dialogue and language that ID has, while Sanae's is a bit more looser on tying in that ID ambiance, yet makes it enjoyable to read, which is hard to do.

3 Pages  1 2 3