Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 2 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - Bust the Future Wall (into the rockin' beat)

11 Pages  1 2 3 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 30,507  ·  Replies: 259 
> [FANFIC] The Angel of Akina, A fanfic
Renzeiken
  Posted: May 31 2006, 03:47 AM

IDW Senior Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,032

I posted this here because a member of the forum going by the nick: darth_stitch posted a thread about Initial-D fanfiction. Anyway, I hope I posted this in the right section. The General Discussion section seemed the most appropriate... I think. Anyway, comments, suggestions, critiques or even insults are welcome.

The Angel of Akina

Chapter 1: A Newcomer!

“How fast was it?”

Keisuke slumped back in his chair, took in a deep breath and steadied himself. Wiping the sweat from his brow with the back of his hand, he finally looked at Kenta, wearing a serious expression on his face. “Dangerously fast, I haven’t pushed myself so hard since Takumi.”

“Amazing…” Kenta said. “But you did win right?”

Keisuke exhaled and began playing with the empty ashtray on the table. “Yes.” he sighed and seemed to stare into space for a moment. “…but barely.” he added quickly.

Kenta looked outside and it was still raining hard. If Keisuke had been racing in this weather, it definitely meant that only a really good racer must’ve been his opponent to keep his car stable on slippery asphalt.

“I’d like to have a word with him then.” Ryosuke said, typing away mercilessly on his laptop, not even bothering to take his eyes off the monitor.

Keisuke couldn’t help but suppress a smile. He knew that his older brother was interested. Who wouldn’t be? An unknown racer who can race down Akina’s downhill at three minutes and five seconds. It was an impressive feat and only a handful of racers in Gunma were known to have runs that fast. It was just Ryosuke’s fixation with looking cool and composed that kept him from harassing his younger brother, at least not outright, for the information he wanted. Unfortunately, the problem was…

“I didn’t get to talk to him.” Keisuke told his older brother in a defeated tone.

Ryosuke tore his eyes off the laptop and glanced at Keisuke with a pair of cold eyes. “You weren’t able to talk to him?”

Keisuke shook his head, with a grave look on his face. “I thought he would slow down when we were getting close to town proper, but he just passed me. Even when I tried getting his attention with the horns and headlights.”

Ryosuke took in a deep breath and sipped his coffee quietly. “He’s not interested then.”

“Still, he had potential…”

“Do you have anything else we can go on about?”

“It’s a roadster, red... and there was a Tokyo University sticker on the rear window.” Keisuke told him.

“That’s all the information you have?”

“Yes, unfortunately that was-“ Keisuke wasn’t able to finish his sentence, no small thanks to Kenta who was shaking Keisuke’s shoulders like a madman. “Look! A red roadster! Is that the one!”

“What!” Keisuke spun around to see the same car he had just defeated earlier pulling away from the café parking lot. It was the same car he indeed, mazda roadster, red and the unmistakable Tokyo University sticker.

“Ryosuke we have to catch it!” he said, a finger pointing in the car’s direction.

It came as a surprise to the younger Takahashi when his older brother didn’t say anything.

“Ryosuke…?”

Both Keisuke and Kenta turned around to face an empty seat. Bewildered, the pair stood up and hurried out the door to see the red roadster accelerating away. Only when the two members of Project D heard the tell-tale sound of the FC’s engine coming to life did they spot Ryosuke in his car.

“He’s planning to go after it?” Kenta breathed.

Keisuke rubbed his chin lost in thought as he watched the Mazda FC disappearing from view. “Probably.”

“Aren’t we going to follow them?”

“I think we shouldn’t. Otherwise, Ryosuke would have asked me to come with him.”

“I see…”

(happy.gif)(happy.gif)(happy.gif)(happy.gif)

Ryosuke kept his eyes glued to the red car in front of him as he followed it quietly through this backwater town. The driver, whoever he was, was definitely in no hurry now and in all appearances, was very slow – far from the monster that Keisuke said he was. What struck him as odd was how cautious this driver was. He would slow down at every crossroad they passed, never neglected to use hand signals when he turned and was strictly keeping his speed in check – never going above the speed limit.

Is this really the right car? Perhaps this was a mistake…

Ryosuke followed the car for quite some time before it came to halt beside a small restaurant: The Pizzaria. A pizza place which ironically resembled the Tofu shop where Fujiwara had been working at before he joined Project D. Ryosuke smiled ruefully at the thought.

“Hey!” he heard the sing-song voice of a girl from behind him.

Turning around, Ryosuke found himself staring into a pair of big blue eyes belonging to this short girl sporting a pony-tail. The girl appeared to be of Japanese descent, judging by her petite frame, near-linear eyes and porcelain-like, almost pale skin. She had delicate features, a child-like face that seemed to glow under the moonlight and small full lips curled into a frown.

“You’ve been following me.” she said this, pressing a finger into the bewildered Med Student’s forehead.

“I-I-I Uh… Let me explain.” Ryosuke blurted out in utter disbelief.

The girl placed a hand on her hip, eyes never leaving Ryosuke’s face. “So why have you been following me?”

“Y-You’re a girl?” he said, feeling stupid.

“Y-Y-Yes I’m a girl. At least last time I checked.” she said in mock imitation of the way he stuttered. “You haven’t answered my question yet!”

“You were driving that car?” he said, pointing a finger towards the red roadster.

“Duh! What? Are you some kind of chauvinistic bastard that thinks women can’t drive?”

“Of course not… I was merely-”

“So? My question?” she said, cutting him off.

“Right. I’m Takahashi. Takahashi Ryosuke of a Kengai Racing team-“

“Get to the point, I don’t have a lot of time on my hands.” she interrupted.

“Did you by any chance come upon a yellow FD on your way tonight?”

“What’s an FD?”

“A Mazda RX-7, it’s a sportscar, like my car over here.” he said tapping the hood of his FC.

“Ah! That, it was annoying really, I was on my way to deliver…” she bit her lips and flashed the med student a scrutinizing glance. “Wait, how’d you know that?”

“The guy in that car was my brother.”

“Okay, we’re seriously getting off-topic here not to mention I’m freaked out. Why. Were. You. Following me!” she said this in exasperated tones.

“I was going to ask you-“

“Ask her what?” said another voice coming from the second floor window. Sitting on the fire escape was a girl who looked a lot like the one he was talking to, only that her hair flowed down all the way to her waist and it was dyed in auburn.

The girl Ryosuke was talking to crossed her arms and sighed. “Nevermind, just go before she starts. Ill forget about this whole affair just as long as you leave.”

“B-But.”

“It’s okay Takeshi, just don’t bother me anymore. Got it?”

“It’s Ta-Ka-Ha-Shi.” he replied irritably.

“You have the nerve to use that tone on me!” the girl screamed, waving a finger threateningly in his direction. “I’m not in a good mood tonight Takeshi! I just went down the mountain on a stormy night to deliver friggin pizza and now I have you – a psycho stalker following me!-”

“Wait a second now, pyshco stalker!” he interrupted, only to be completely ignored.

“-Not to mention a thesis due tomorrow and then cramps and a migrane. Goddamn it, what is it with you drag racers. Just because you have these really cool-looking cars you think women should go fawning all over you!”

“I’m not a drag racer.”

“Well, you’re a racer – same thing.”

“It’s not! Drag racing involves little skill. You have to know that-“

“You two can have your love quarrel outside in the rain, or indoors with freshly baked pizza. Come on Miya, I’m sure your boyfriend would like that, wouldn’t you?” said the auburn-haired woman.

“He’s not my boyfriend goddamn it.” Miya snapped back, obviously frustrated at how the situation was unfolding.

Ryosuke blinked. “Uh… she’s right ma’am.”

“Suuuure he isn’t. Just wait there you two.” the woman clapped both of her hands and went back inside. In less than a minute she was downstairs, with an umbrella taking Ryosuke by the hand and pushing him into the door.

“I think you’ve got it all wrong Miss.” Ryosuke blurted out. He needed to get things straight, but for some reason all logical thought came slipping away. He could feel the warm soft welling of her breasts on his back (among other things) as she finally heaved him inside the restaurant-slash-apartment.

“This is going to be a long night.” Miya muttered under her breath.

~To be continued~
Xibal (ER34)
Posted: May 31 2006, 03:57 AM

시발개

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 2,310

not bad, not bad at all
Renzeiken
  Posted: May 31 2006, 08:18 AM

IDW Senior Member

Well, I'm glad you thought so Xibal. I'll try to get a little more techie as I go along. Although almost everything I know about cars come from Initial-D so dont expect anything along the lines of the majority of Initial-D fanfiction out there.

Chapter 2: The Demon of the Pizzaria

“So, you’re telling me you want her in your team?” said the self-proclaimed cook-slash-model-slash-seiyuu that was Miya’s older sister.

“Yes, I believe you’ve finally got the facts straight.” he said calmly.

Akie stared at Ryosuke intently, almost as if she was measuring his worth. “And by any chance are you from the Takahashi family who owns the biggest hospital in the Akagi district.”

Ryosuke nodded gravely. It wasn’t that he hated being a Takahashi, far from it, he was thankful that he was. Otherwise it would be next to impossible to start Project D. The only thing that bothered him was the people who assumed he got to where he was through money alone. Of course the money was useful, but it wasn’t as if he couldn’t get there without the money. He definitely had the skill and talent to get that far, the only problem was he couldn’t study and race at the same time. He needed to expedite the process of conquering the Touge racing scene before his time was up - and this girl would prove integral in his plans.

“And he’s really not your boyfriend?” Akie gushed.

“No, he isn’t.” Miya said. “I’m not really interested in this racing thing. I’m busy enough as it is these days.”

“So you wouldn’t mind if I had Ryosuke all to myself then?” said her older sister grinning.

“Miya, you have to understand. This is very important to me. I need you in my team.” when he said this, he seemed serious, as if he meant the words ‘I need you’ from his heart. Besides that, it was the first time someone had said that to her – at least it was the first time somebody had truly meant it.

Even if it was only for her driving prowess.

Blushing, Miya stared at her coffee thoughtfully muttering a few things Ryosuke couldn’t hear. “I don’t know…” she murmured.

“I’m willing to pay you ten times…no, make that twenty times what your getting on this delivery job of yours.” he told her, holding her hands in his.

Miya could feel the blood pounding in her ears. She didn’t know why she hadn’t noticed it earlier, but he was really really cute – and handsome. And suave. Possibly a ten out of ten on her list of hot guys she thought.

“I-I’m not so sure, I have my studies to attend to.” Miya said, stammering.

“It’s perfect don’t you think.” Akie said, wrapping her arms around her sister’s neck. “I mean, look, if you stop studying for a year, file in a leave of absence for awhile, you’ll have enough money to get yourself through college.”

“There’s that but…” Miya held her breath for awhile. “I don’t know, I’ll think about it okay?”

“I’m not pressuring you, think it through.” Ryosuke said smiling.

God he’s so cute. Miya thought. “I promise, I’ll give you an answer this weekend. I have a thesis due tomorrow so maybe we should reschedule and talk about this offer of yours some other time instead.”

“A thesis?”

“Yeah. It’s about biochemistry and all that.” she shook his hands and stood up. “Anyway, I have to go now.”

“Wait.” Before she could turn around and head back into her room, Ryosuke took her hands in his, holding hers tightly. “Maybe I can help.”

Akie stared at Ryosuke with a look of puzzlement. “Help?”

~+~

Ryosuke Takahashi impressed her. No, scratch that. She probably had a crush on him already, or if she wasn’t, she was still falling. Miya stared at him dreamily, her face a rosy pink when she realized that she had expelled a breath of pure adoration for the handsome racer. He was typing mercilessly on his laptop, never stopping for more than a few seconds and had gone like that for nearly four hours now. It was amazing, the stuff he wrote down.

He was a genius no doubt. She had only read a little of what he wrote and already she was impressed at how much he knew of something she had spent two years pouring over. What surprised her even more was that he was only one chapter away from finishing a thesis that would’ve taken her twice the time to produce.

Before she knew it, Ryosuke had already printed her paper.

“And there you have it, it’s finished.”

Miya blinked stupidly and snatched the papers from his hand, staring at the pages with mouth agape. “This, this is amazing.”

Ryosuke stretched his arms into the air cracking his fingers as he yawned. Two things happened simultaneously at that moment. The first was Miya had flung herself on him, hugging him in a warm embrace – something that he wasn’t used to. The second, having her shriek “Thank you! Thank you! Thank you soooo much!” into his ears.

Paralyzed from both the ringing in his ears and the embrace of a cute girl with a more than attractive figure, he forced himself to say. “You’re welcome.” In a slightly trembling voice.

“Anyway, you wanted me to do something for you right?”

Ryosuke smiled and quickly recovered his wits about him.

~+~

Opening the hood of the roadster, Ryosuke found a well maintained 1.6 Liter double overhead cam engine and surprisingly enough, it was turbocharged. He asked Miya about it and she confessed that she knew nothing about cars – except driving them. This car was just a gift from a very rich uncle of hers who had migrated abroad. She suspected that it was tuned for racing, but that didn’t bother her. In fact, she was glad that it was fast enough that she always made the deliveries in time.

“But wouldn’t the pizza stick to the box if you drive roughly?” Ryosuke asked her.

“It did at first.” she told him. “But I found a neat solution to that problem.”

“Which is?”

“You see the hula dancer I have there on the dashboard? The one bolted there?”

Ryosuke nodded.

“I try to make it dance in circles. I figured it would move like the pizza I had in the boxes-“

“-So that the pizza would stay perfectly fine when you finally delivered it.” Ryosuke finished for her, surprised at how similar to Takumi this girl was.

She nodded in response and flashed him a dazzling smile. “Still, it’s weird don’t you think?”

“Weird?! It’s genius! You’ve got the potential to be a great racer!” he said a little to enthusiastically.

Miya doubled over, laughing and leaned on her car’s hood. “You breathe, eat and live this racing thing don’t you?”

Ryosyuke shrugged, grinning in spite of himself. “Yeah, it’s my passion.” he said, following her lead and sitting on the hood when he noticed something odd.

“This car…” he quickly knelt down by the wheel. “Would you stand up and sit on the hood again?”

Dumbfounded, Miya did as he asked and it confirmed his guess.

“You never had the suspension checked?”

Miya scratched her head, wondering where this was going. “Well, it’s always been this way.”

Ryosuke rubbed his chin, carefully checking the car’s wheels again. “The suspension of the wheels, it’s set to an extreme negative camber angle.”

“Meaning?”

“The car will be able to slide easily, but stability, grip and overall ability to control the car is compromised. Drifters use this setting for the aggressive look it gives a car as it drifts, but the inherent dangers of this setting made it fall out of favor as a serious performance setup.”

Miya stared at the car in a new light, she’d been riding in a car rigged to slip out of control?! The very idea was appalling to the teenager. “I’ve been driving this thing for years!”

“I’m amazed you haven’t crashed yet.”

“…yeah. Thank God for that.”

Ryosuke stood up and brushed the dust off his hands. “You know, they have a name for this setting.”

“Which is?”

“Oni-Kamu, the Demon Camber.”

~To be continued~

This post has been edited by Renzeiken on Jun 2 2006, 12:44 PM
coolblue
Posted: May 31 2006, 04:11 PM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 8,350

This is a really good fan-fic (so far wink2.gif )!
Thai-kun
Posted: May 31 2006, 04:38 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 10,643

wow! amazing, I love it! keep it going!!! biggrin.gif
Rudy
Posted: May 31 2006, 05:24 PM

Unregistered

(THIS POST WAS REMOVED BY REQUEST)
DeeBo
Posted: May 31 2006, 05:48 PM

'Murican

Member No.: 10,506

Very good fan-fic! Keep on going man. smile.gif
WRX DEMON Type R
Posted: May 31 2006, 06:28 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 3,276

This "Demon Camber" fascinates me. laugh.gif
EA11R
Posted: May 31 2006, 07:45 PM

coffee break anyone?

Member No.: 15,978

Brilliant!
Renzeiken
  Posted: May 31 2006, 09:20 PM

IDW Senior Member

I'm glad you guys seem to have taken a liking to it. smile.gif I'll try harder. If there's anything you guys can suggest to make it better, anything at all, please don't hesitate to tell me guys.

WRX DEMON: It's something i found while browsing wikipedia about Drifting.

Midnight Dorifuta: What's Tokyo Heat?
Taku_E70
Posted: Jun 1 2006, 04:40 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 6,100

Hahha Takumi is gone. * dances *.

Soon everyone wants a MX5 with a turbocharger
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jun 1 2006, 01:22 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (Renzeiken @ Today at 12:10 AM)
Midnight Dorifuta: What's Tokyo Heat?
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Godot
Posted: Jun 1 2006, 02:46 PM

Aka FC3SSavannaIII

Member No.: 17,363

hey i did read this on fanfiction.net
good story so far =)
keep up the good work
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
pnoytecknix
Posted: Jun 1 2006, 03:13 PM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 17,159

this is pretty good... keep it going man, im interested.....
caos950042
Posted: Jun 1 2006, 06:54 PM

~A grunt in the Game called Life~

Member No.: 14,415

It's good. But in chapter 1, Ryosuke didn't seem to act like himself, as if he was another person. Anyway, keep it up.
bROCKoLEE
Posted: Jun 2 2006, 03:10 AM

whut?

Member No.: 6,453

very nice and entertaining, keep it up and i'll be looking forward to more chapters dude! happy.gif
tUrB0
Posted: Jun 2 2006, 03:13 AM

Tiu lei lou mou chao hai

Member No.: 982

mmm....interesting
Dave Rodgers
Posted: Jun 2 2006, 04:17 AM

Man who stand on toilet high on pot.

Member No.: 10,501

Demon Camber? Now that's a name I've not heard in a long time....

Obi-Wan references aside, the Demon Camber is the formula I use when tuning my drift spec cars. It's nothing really special but-

...I'll refrain from spoiling the story...continue.
Boob*
Posted: Jun 2 2006, 05:15 AM

R.I.P My Evo III

Member No.: 17,176

Good fan-fic... keep going man I love it!
Nero
Posted: Jun 2 2006, 06:06 AM

Bow down to the King!

Member No.: 5,140

Really good I like it, but I have trouble spotting WHEN the story is taking place, =) that'd be good to know it, like the moment it's happening, how far in project D are we up too, and why Ryousuke is searching for a new driver wink2.gif

Awesome work happy.gif
kita
Posted: Jun 2 2006, 11:55 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 17,224

good job on the fan-fic mang. ryosuke seems like hes gunna get himself a lil gf ehh? lol. well dont give any spoilers. sorry i dont have anything 2 contribute but maybe later on in the fan-fic if u're gunna continue it u can have miya race takumi or something, jus a thought, but anyways keep up the good work laugh.gif happy.gif
Renzeiken
  Posted: Jun 2 2006, 12:42 PM

IDW Senior Member

Author's note: Hey guys, sorry if it took awhile. I have some papers to fix at college, besides that, I still have to file in a few things there tomorrow so this update is somewhat on the short side. I hope it doesn't dissapoint any of you guys though. Again, thank you guys very much for taking the time to read this lil fanfic of mine.

Chapter 3: Urgent Business

Ryosuke Takahashi arrived at his condominium around seven in the morning. Exhausted from the night’s ordeal, the racer slipped out of his clothes and collapsed on the bed. He was almost about to drift off into sleep when his cell phone made that audible beep he had gotten used to. He squinted at the LCD screen in surprise, it was the one call he couldn’t ignore. It was a call from the registrar’s office at Tokyo University.

This early in the morning…?

Sighing, he flipped it open and heard the thing he was dreading the most.

“This is Umi Nakezawa, there’s a small problem with your files here, your leave of absence in particular.”

Ryosuke rubbed his temples and brought the receiver to the other ear. “I’ve already talked to the vice-dean about that, she said that she already arranged for everything. I had my leave extended for another year if I’m not mistaken.”

“Yes, you have, but the problem is these papers she fixed don’t have your signatures yet. It’s not official until we have your sign them Mr.Takahashi.”

“Alright, I understand.”

“Great. Just make sure you do this before the next month. Enrollment is going to start by then and we’ll be too busy to attend to you when that happens. You know how much of a pain these freshmen can get so do try to fix this problem of yours as soon as possible.”

With that, the line went dead and Ryosuke stated into space, wondering how much longer he could stall before his time with Project D was up.

~+~

Miya came back home feeling ecstatic. As far as she was concerned, her classes were over and done with for the time being. She could relax for the first time, in a long time. Smiling, she came into the Pizza store’s kitchen to find Akie busy talking to a tall guy with dirty-blonde hair.

“She’s probably still out, you could come back later if you want.” she heard Akie say.

The guy shook his head, said a few words Miya couldn’t quite hear and disappeared back into the restaurant.

Miya tapped Akie by the shoulders and asked her who the guy was.

“Keisuke Takahashi, the younger brother of Ryosuke.”

“What does he want?”

“I don’t know, ask him.” Akie said. “By the way, he ordered a family-size pepperoni pizza. Why don’t you go bring it to him.” she quickly added before disappearing into the next room.

Miya slipped into her working clothes and headed off to the Takahashi’s table, bringing with her a tray of freshly baked pizza. The two guys stared at her for a moment, neither of them saying anything.

“Thanks.” Keisuke finally said, taking the tray from her hands.

“You’re welcome… My sister said you were looking for me, why?”

“Ah, you’re Miya Takeuchi then?”

“You answered my question with a question, are all Takahashi’s like this?”

Keisuke chuckled softly. “Not really.”

“About my question then?”

“My friend here wanted to see you drive.”

Takumi nodded silently, swirling the iced tea in his hands with the straw.

“Is it really that important?” Miya asked.

Both Takumi and Keisuke nodded in unpracticed unison. Miya tried thinking of an excuse, but if these guys were even half as determined as Ryosuke, arguing would probably be futile.

“Tell you what, just let me finish my shift for the day and I’ll show you guys how I drive… If it’s really that important to you.”

“It is.” Takumi told her.

Later that day, on an empty downhill street in the middle of nowhere Akina, a red roadster’s engines roared to life and slowly, it pulled away from a Panda Trueno.

Just drive the way you do when you’re late for a delivery, that’s all we’re asking.

It was a strange request, but she didn’t really have anything better to do and Keisuke said he would be paying for the gas so she figured she’d have fun. She wondered if it was normal for a girl to feel that, to actually enjoy driving.

Pressing on the accelerator, she quickly gained speed and soon enough the Panda Trueno disappeared from the rearview mirror. She didn’t hear the other car start its engine yet, so how exactly were they going to watch her drive?

After a few corners, she had her answer. She could see the Trueno in her rearview mirror, skidding through the corner so quickly that she thought she must’ve been mistaken. But it was there, she could hear its engine humming as it came closer and closer to the roadster.

That fast? And he held back?

Miya blinked in suprise and for the first time in all her years of driving Akina’s downhill, she felt a strange sensation this time. She floored the gas and shifted a gear up and felt the familiar vibration that told her that the turbo had kicked in. A smile came creeping into her lips as she realized for the first time in her life that…

This is exciting…

~To be continued~
caos950042
Posted: Jun 2 2006, 06:32 PM

~A grunt in the Game called Life~

Member No.: 14,415

You just made her like Takumi. That wasn't much of an improvement either. But don't give up. Keep trying.
Taku_E70
Posted: Jun 2 2006, 09:06 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 6,100

QUOTE (caos950042 @ Today at 6:20 PM)
You just made her like Takumi. That wasn't much of an improvement either. But don't give up. Keep trying.

Your point is? Its Fan Fiction. Not Change the whole story till we dont even know what kind of fan wrote it.
?wha?
Posted: Jun 3 2006, 06:56 PM

In sexy black'n gold :D

Member No.: 5,914

renzeiken you are my god in times of major assignments worship.gif smile.gif please continue!!

edit: 888th post!!!!!! Hope i get lucky sometime soon tongue.gif

This post has been edited by ?wha? on Jun 3 2006, 07:12 PM

11 Pages  1 2 3 »