Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 3 unique listeners, playing (Fifth Stage Sound File) A GOD OF DEATH - GT-R I

Important Rules
• Do not post any obscene material. (i.e. - nudity, explicit graphic situations ... etc.)
• Put a viewer discretion somewhere in your topic title / description when posting topic(s) that others might find offensive. (i.e. - Not Work Safe, PG13 ... etc.)

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

447 Pages  « 441 442 443 444 445 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 537,504  ·  Replies: 11,163 
> Random Thoughts
Posted: Mar 14 2019, 10:36 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 16,670

QUOTE (xiao @ Yesterday, 9:27 AM)
It's a tradition 🙆 if you have a Montreal Police badge or patch, go to any Japanese police station & ask them if they'd like to trade.

In case they don't or if you have trouble because of the language barrier, they sell them wherever police uniforms are sold, as well as online.

Personal badges & patches with an officer's name or number aren't usually up for sale or trade, your friend is probably referring to the general ones.

SPOILER

So it shouldn't raise any unnecessary questions if a civilian asks a police officer if general badges can be traded? So say if i walk into a station and ask to trade a patch, will it be ok like that?

Also WTF is a bomb cyclone!!! It's just another damn cyclone that poses serious safety risks to the general public. Last time I took a class in university regarding weather patterns; there was not a single mention to bomb cyclone. Putting a word that usually gets your attention in front of normal weather conditions is just a blant cry to get peoples' attention.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

This post has been edited by 207 on Mar 14 2019, 10:42 PM
xiao
Posted: Mar 15 2019, 04:22 AM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

QUOTE (207 @ 5 hours, 44 minutes ago)
So it shouldn't raise any unnecessary questions if a civilian asks a police officer if general badges can be traded? So say if i walk into a station and ask to trade a patch, will it be ok like that?

Yep, next time you're down in the US try the same thing with a Montreal Police patch, I'm sure an officer will be glad to explain the tradition. If they're unfamiliar, just talk to them like you're talking to us, police are civilians too unless they're in the military .. talk to them like regular human beings laugh.gif

For a Japanese patch you have 3 options tho ~ ask an officer, buy it at a store, or buy it online.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Godfroggah
Posted: Mar 15 2019, 04:05 PM

DJ Pon-2

Group: Members
Member No.: 48,221

Just got finished with my first week of work

it was easier than I thought it would be haha

xiao
Posted: Mar 16 2019, 01:03 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (JeffreySoftbark @ Yesterday, 5:05 PM)
Just got finished with my first week of work

it was easier than I thought it would be haha

Congrats!\(^o^)/

working hard or hardly working .. work smart not hard .. you'll hear that a lot from the regular customers!user posted image
Spicy bomb sriracha have fun young'n ~ woop woop!user posted image ♪ ♫
Posted: Mar 16 2019, 09:55 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

so i just rewatched an old movie from 1997 on tv. its been a while since i saw "the fifth element", just finished watching it and i concluded that either 1 or both of the writers hated their mother laugh2.gif .
Godfroggah
Posted: Mar 23 2019, 12:57 AM

DJ Pon-2

Member No.: 48,221

These 8 pm - 2 am shifts suck sad.gif

not to mention after todays 8 - 2 I gotta be in for a 12 pm to 8 pm shift on sunday since I got some extra hours which is good but arrrrgh so much on my plate and the weekends are crazy around there

;-;
Nerubian
Posted: Mar 23 2019, 08:17 AM

Living in the woods when it's raining in the dark.

Member No.: 36,931

Do you work at a gas station?
Spaz
Posted: Mar 24 2019, 11:10 AM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

Back when I worked at a gas station I managed to secure myself a schedule of 4 10hrs every week, typically Sun-Tues and then Thurs. Helped that I was the best employee the owner had (his words) so he overpayed me and cut me a bunch of slack all the time. laugh2.gif
xiao
Posted: Mar 24 2019, 11:50 AM

moon bunny

My first job was also at a gas station .. even more than cleaning the pumps or putting up the gas price signs on a windy day .. was cleaning the restrooms!!oh gawd the horrible things I would see in those old Diamond Shamrock restrooms laugh.gif user posted image clover.gif
Nerubian
Posted: Mar 26 2019, 01:54 PM

Living in the woods when it's raining in the dark.

Member No.: 36,931

When you go to the doctor because of a lump you had for 10+ years on a foot that has been reddened for some weeks now and you get confronted with cancer-related questions and at the end of anamnesis it's still uncertain what that thing in your foot is. It's not like I wanted to sleep for the next couple of weeks anyway before I can go to a dermatologist. facepalm.gif
I don't think it's something serious as that thing is smooth and movable like normal skin and becomes pale when I push on it. Closest thing I can imagine is a cyst, but who knows.
xiao
Posted: Mar 26 2019, 06:27 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Nerubian @ 4 hours, 9 minutes ago)
I have a lump on my foot and it's red.

I'm not a podiatrist so I won't diagnose .. but I am xiao so I will prognose ! awesome.gif

user posted image

SAMPLE Hx:

S - lump on foot (L/R) ? red
A - are you allergic to anything ?
M - do you take medication or supplements ?
P - has this ever happened before ? does your family have a history of red lumps on foot ?
L - what was your last oral intake ?
E - what are the events that led up to you finding a lump on your foot that's now red ?

OPQRST Hx:

O - what were you doing before the red lump on foot occurred ? does it hurt ? was it a sudden - gradual - or chronic onset ?
P - does anything make the red lump on foot hurt ? does anything make it feel better ?
Q - can you describe the feeling of said red lump on foot ? does it hurt ? is it sharp - dull - crushing - burning - tearing - or some other feeling ? is the feeling a pattern like intermittent - constant - or throbbing ?
R - does the pain or red lump on foot radiate anywhere else near or in your body ?
S - on a scale of 0 to 10 ten being the worst pain you've felt in your life what would you rate this red lump on foot ?
T - how long have you had this red lump on foot condition ? has it gotten better or worse ? has it changed in any way ?

As a former Trauma Center for the Nintendo DS player .. I'd recommend going to see a podiatrist ~ then getting x-rays ~ then going to a dermatologist .. in that order online2long.gif
Posted: Mar 27 2019, 10:35 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Does anyone have tips on what sort of things to seen and do in Kyoto? I've planned the Tokyo area sufficiently but not so much Kyoto. Obviously the shrines and temples that are the big ones are included for the most part. Presuming I go to sleep around 9-10 pm I got 2.5, 3.5hrs of free time after the guided part of the day's ends. I can probably wander around to kill some time in those cases. The 2nd last day of the actual tour before i head back homemis 1 complete free scedule day in kyoto. I havent really though much of the full free schedule day to be honest. The arashiyana bamboo forest sounds interesting but I don't really have any solid plans to pass a full day there. I'll need to check which shrines and temples the tour has and find the other sited they missed.

Does anyone have suggestions for things to do in Kyoto. I'm leaving on next tuesday so istill have a few days to mull it over , unfortunately my only full day off will be Saturday due to working the other days..............
SPOILER

This post has been edited by 207 on Mar 27 2019, 10:40 PM
xiao
Posted: Mar 28 2019, 01:10 AM

moon bunny

QUOTE (207 @ 2 hours, 34 minutes ago)
Does anyone have suggestions for things to do in Kyoto.

What is .. YouTube for $200 Trebek?user posted image

But seriously tho ~ have fun over there in Japan & keep us posted with lots of pretty pics!user posted image 🌸

YOUTUBE ( https://youtube.com/watch?v=2CV3RdpyD4U )
Posted: Mar 28 2019, 07:42 AM

Hiretsuna rōjin

QUOTE (xiao @ 6 hours, 31 minutes ago)
What is .. YouTube for $200 Trebek?http://imgur.com/yZSWKWY.png

But seriously tho ~ have fun over there in Japan & keep us posted with lots of pretty pics!https://idforums.net/html/emoticons/kiss.gif 🌸

https://youtube.com/watch?v=2CV3RdpyD4U

Yeah YouTube is present but you got 5 million vids on the same top 10 list theme for Kyoto. I did some late morning research before going to sleep and settled to start with Kawaramachi shopping, Shirakawa gion river visit but I still might have time to add another location to that. A
Do you have any suggested spots in Gion to visit in particular? I'm planning to see the 2 cherry trees in day and night lighting. Kawaramachi will likely be in the morning and afternoon.

It's starting to get a bit stressful, gotta finalized packing, get a hair cut, spend a few hours nailing down a detailed itinerary. All while having 4 useful hrs of planning time for 3 days and one day off on Saturday to finish it. Then it's just the next 2 days to work and catch a flight on Tuesday. I thought my itinerary was doing fine yesterday but forgot the trip lasts more than 4 days/Tokyo LOL

Would pics from my flipphone suffice? Lol just kidding, got a good digital cameras (not pro grade) and borrowed IPad for that purpose. I pray to the flower gods that the samurai trees are in the bloomingphase when I get there. Damn it, I'm gonna catch the last day of the sakura bloom if the current forecasts are correct...

This post has been edited by 207 on Mar 28 2019, 08:47 AM
umustwait101
Posted: Mar 28 2019, 07:35 PM

Osaka-kun

Member No.: 45,912

207, face it, you're not going on this trip. You mine as well just watch YouTube videos. Saves money and you probably learn more.

When you visit a country, keep in mind that locals aren't going to all the attractions, or the best restaurants. If you want to get as close to experiencing life as a local, just go there and do normal things: buy stuff at 7-11, eat some ramen, walk on the streets, visit a maid cafe, ask a cute girl out, go out with her, date for a few months/years, marry her, have kids together, and save for retirement.

Posted: Mar 28 2019, 09:23 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

QUOTE (umustwait101 @ 1 hour, 47 minutes ago)
207, face it, you're not going on this trip. You mine as well just watch YouTube videos. Saves money and you probably learn more.

When you visit a country, keep in mind that locals aren't going to all the attractions, or the best restaurants. If you want to get as close to experiencing life as a local, just go there and do normal things: buy stuff at 7-11, eat some ramen, walk on the streets, visit a maid cafe, ask a cute girl out, go out with her, date for a few months/years, marry her, have kids together, and save for retirement.

face it UMU you're not gonna stop me from going on the trip. its my money, im going on the trip and there's nothing you can do about it. i'll just plan what i want to do when i get there. i have sufficient funds for it anyway, ive been saving my money for years without many major expenses for normal every day mundane reasons. im not gonna spend 15k on the trip (likely wont pass 10k either), i'll save money where i can and enjoy the trip and sights.

i'll figure out myself how i'll spend my time there without your "constructive" comments.

in short, regarding your first sentence in your post, im keeping out some choice words in my reply to you.

This post has been edited by 207 on Mar 28 2019, 11:27 PM
xiao
Posted: Mar 29 2019, 06:55 AM

moon bunny

QUOTE (207 @ 9 hours, 30 minutes ago)
i'll save money where i can and enjoy the trip and sights.

Take pictures of lots of cute Japanese neko kittens please !! user posted image wooo ~ \(^o^)/

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d2gPr2lGT0 )
Posted: Mar 29 2019, 08:17 AM

Hiretsuna rōjin

QUOTE (xiao @ 1 hour, 22 minutes ago)
Take pictures of lots of cute Japanese neko kittens please !! http://imgur.com/Nha5nst.png wooo ~ \(^o^)/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d2gPr2lGT0

i know im gonna take more than a few pics of Irohazaka and Kegon falls, now all i need is a touge race car for the next trip jk, i wanted to visit Japan for many years but never really seriously considered it till 2018. i wanted to see the other Initial d sights roads but given the taxi rates, Irohazaka will suffice nicely.
umustwait101
Posted: Mar 29 2019, 08:32 AM

Osaka-kun

Member No.: 45,912

I apologize. I was a bit stressed last night and took out my frustration on you. I know it's no excuse for my behavior. Please forgive my outburst.

xiao
Posted: Mar 29 2019, 12:47 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (umustwait101 @ 4 hours, 12 minutes ago)
I apologize. I was a bit stressed last night and took out my frustration on you. I know it's no excuse for my behavior. Please forgive my outburst.

it's okay it happens ~ we're human beings & not emotionless robots
the important thing is that we're here online being sincere about the stress RL causes us
and not acting upon those feelings ~ but turning those frustrations into creativity!
that's the difference between a madlad and a madman sorcerer.gif
Posted: Mar 29 2019, 08:39 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

QUOTE (umustwait101 @ Today, 11:32 AM)

It's accepted, i was a bit stressed myself the past few days to. Had a bunch of stuff to organize within a few days, it's more calm now that a detailed itinerary was completed yesterday which was my main stress point. Still a few smaller things to deal with but I'll get thru it.

On a more tech note, i have a Samsung tab E. The battery was pretty good a few weeks ago but ever since I got that 8k mha capacity battery to charge a borrowed IPad for the trip the tab E has been questionable s8nce i tried to see if it would charge off the external battery. It said that there was a slow charge when i plugged it in and i left it for 30 min to see if it worked. Nada no real change in tab E battery level. Now the tab E holds a full charge for a few days and randomly drains to 0% within a day if I don't shut the tab E off. Been experimenting with shutting tab E and see how it does but it fucked up on me 2x already. Did that external battery do some damage to the tab E battery?

i know that its a bit more expensive to rent pocket wifi at the airport terminal but what is the usual case when you try to rent a wifi unit at the airport counter? ie Pupuru wifi router says it needs to be ordered online first.

This post has been edited by 207 on Mar 30 2019, 01:46 PM
Sakamuke
Posted: Apr 2 2019, 03:02 AM

ねこarmy

Member No.: 50,652

QUOTE (xiao @ Mar 29 2019, 06:55 AM)
Take pictures of lots of cute Japanese neko kittens please !! http://imgur.com/Nha5nst.png wooo ~ \(^o^)/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d2gPr2lGT0

伏見稲荷大社 used to be a quiet place and now...

Posted: Apr 3 2019, 01:57 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

so first day in Japan is done, its almost 7am now. the metro train system was a bit confusing but easy enough for the most part. the direct flight took twelve hrs, long as fuck and had a hard tine sleeping on the plane but took a few naps there. my body stlll isnt used to the time zone ie body clock sleep but ive stayed awake iat home till 6am ie 7 pm Japan time. i had to sleep at 10pm the day before the flight and that always fucks me up.

got a suica card and a sim card for the ipad and the thing seems to work well (i think??)

was lost in confusion for around the narita airport and metro station until i got my bearings/help for 30 min each location. walkd past the capsule hotel five times and didnt see the big sign but i was in the right street. the capsule is comfy but the head pillow really hard, meh got thru it

Akihabara is a bit underwhekming atm but then again i just briefly toured the main road after i checked into the hotel, explored till 9:30 and family mart for small meal before going to sleep. hit up most of the sega arcades and no initial d 8 there, taito has mt6 and there is still another taito game center near ueno station to check today. i didnt chech sega 4, only 1-3 so far.

gonna hit up taito for mt6 and hopefully initial d v8 today. ueno park for the sakura blooms, super potato and im gonna search for that shrine hidden in akihabara today. ill need to meet up/check in at the tour hotel so i can join the group the following morning for the official tour group.

the arrival day in Japan was a bit of improv exploring as i didnt have time to get my backpack out of the bag. LOL my 2 bags just barely fit into the luggage locker at capsule hotel. the other tour hotels are normal hotel rooms thankfully.

This post has been edited by 207 on Apr 3 2019, 02:16 PM
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 3 2019, 08:59 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (207 @ 7 hours, 2 minutes ago)
hit up most of the sega arcades and no initial d 8 there, taito has mt6 and there is still another taito game center near ueno station to check today. i didnt chech sega 4, only 1-3 so far.

gonna hit up taito for mt6 and hopefully initial d v8 today.

Initial D 8 was phased out in 2017 in favor of Initial D Zero, so only arcades that are behind the times--i.e. not major huge ones--are going to still have it, especially since service for that game was terminated in Japan (again, to "nudge" arcades into updating). A list of arcades in Tokyo with Zero is here: https://location.am-all.net/alm/location?gm=78&at=12

Remember also that Joypolis is a thing. It's probably an all-day sort of thing, and it's Odaiba so you'll probably end up doing Gundam stuff there too to make the trip out worth it, but yeah.

Have fun!
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Posted: Apr 3 2019, 09:42 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

im officially impressed now that i explored some side streets to find the second hand stores. went to hey, and a few more arcades and founds some items i didnt have much hope of finding. one is a side thing and the other is a figurine i wanted but now box for it... gonna be creative there so i dont break it in packing.EDIT i got another bag for the merchandise and i could always just put my empty backpack in there when i leave.

i gotta chceck in at tour hotel and put ueno park aside for now. gonna think of joyopolis now. played a few id0 games and none for mt6 due to car progression limits and time... odaiba is for another day...

LOL the inari shrine was tucked in the corner of the capsule hotel i stayed at.

gotta find a 7-11 now to withdraw more money went thru half of 120k??? gotta count it to be sure but i still have some pokemon plushies in interested in at pokemon center.,

edit 2: i think i mightve fucked up the cherry blossom thing, i did not see ueno park and the nxt small window ie 30min is 4 days after full bloom... i wanted ro clear up a place to have more time in diver city though i can do diver city a bit faster tomorow and still see ueno park for the blossoms.

This post has been edited by 207 on Apr 4 2019, 04:51 AM

447 Pages  « 441 442 443 444 445 »