Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing (Wangan Midnight OST) Strategic way

7 Pages  « 3 4 5 6 7  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 98,844  ·  Replies: 156 
> [FANFIC] Hero of Midnight, a fanfic by me, chapter 17 is up! [04.08.-08]
Sanae
Posted: May 4 2007, 07:49 AM

IDW Okamisan

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 19,388

Like I promised, here's my comment on your latest chapters: great job, as usual. Great seeing Pink back only for him to crash again (yes, I am that evil, can't help it!) also nice is reading about Ryosuke and Co showing their interest in good ol' Ryuu, like I told you in my ff.net reviews, I can't wait for him to battle against either Takumi or Keisuke.

Speaking of whom, you made me chuckle with Keisuke's words to Kenta!

Anyway, can't wait for the next chaper to come out so, please, write it as soon as you can, alright? smile.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Meteor
Posted: May 4 2007, 09:55 AM

Were you expecting something else?

Member No.: 20,929

Another great chapter. And Keisuke's words to Kenta made me laugh. And the quality is increasing chapter by chapter.
FinToy-83
  Posted: May 4 2007, 01:05 PM

IDW Banned Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 14,568

I'm working on it. and I wanted to add something humoristic to lighten up the spiritual mood of the chapter, and thus I came to thought: Keisuke+ hangover + Kenta = laugh2.gif

This post has been edited by FinToy-83 on May 4 2007, 01:06 PM
Sanae
Posted: May 4 2007, 01:27 PM

IDW Okamisan

Yeah, that combination is always a guarantee of a good, healthy fit of laughter, actually, any scene with Kenta in it it's bound to make you laugh in one way or another...tongue.gif

Ah, and once again I agree with Meteor, the quality of your chapters is improving the more you write so, keep it up! biggrin.gif

FinToy-83
  Posted: May 4 2007, 03:02 PM

IDW Banned Member

well, I fixed the error at ff.net's version. thanks for mentioning it. happy.gif

I think that shorter chapters help too, easier to keep it rolling when chapter is mere 3 pages long instead of previous +-6.. pinch2.gif
FinToy-83
  Posted: Sep 20 2007, 06:42 AM

IDW Banned Member

Sorry that I haven't updated this for a while. massive writers block got me sweatingbullets.gif

Also, I've updated this on the FF.net, but for some reason it didn't raise the story on the top spot.. unsure.gif

Chapter 13: Calm before the storm

The following day went by as Ryuu, Akira and Kohaku prepared Ifrit for the first run after the upgrades. They checked, re-checked and cross-checked everything just to guarantee that nothing would go wrong mechanically.

This “bug-eyed” KP60 Starlet was now something much more than the humble 1300cc shopping cart it originally were. Gone was the asthmatic 8-valve unit, replaced with highly modified twin turbo-charged Mazda 20B, that now delivered 1300bhp when boost scramble was enabled.
This tiny hatchback were no longer tail-happy RWD, but a grippy AWD, that had drivetrain parts from Pulsar Gti-R and sophisticated electronics from wrecked R34 GT-R Nur. Standard 5-speed gearbox had been replaced too, with pneumatically operated 7-ratio racing box.
Most of chassis panels and doors were made of carbon fiber, and not-so-subtle aerodynamic parts spoke of massive speed and grip. Interior had been stripped and roll cage had been installed, accompanied with many other racing spec parts. Red-to black flip-paint made it look like it would be dripping blood, or resemble scaly armor of a fierce red dragon.

After finishing their inspections, Ryuu and Akira pushed the car out and washed it. As a final touch, Ryuu waxed it properly, and after that they just stood still and looked the car for a while.
“It looks scary.. Like it would be doing 200mph right now, even though it's just sitting there.” Akira said, shivering a bit.
“Well, that isn't too far from the truth. Ah, right, maybe we should check the ECU too. I'll start the car and let it warm up while you get the laptop ready.” Akira nodded and walked in the house as Ryuu started the engine. Race-bred wankel-engine shrieked and hissed, blow off valves spitting angrily and shot respectable amount of fire from it's twin exhausts. Ryuu grinned widely and blipped the throttle few times, and faster than ever, bunch of curious kids appeared out of nowhere, looking at the car in total awe.

“Wow, that's so cool! It looks like it could fly..! And those flames! I bet that the cars behind it catch fire if they're too close!” said one of the kids, and rest agreed, and they started to chat about the car, pointing at this or that detail and guessing what meaning it had. Ryuu chuckled and floored the throttle, letting the revs rise all the way to the limiter before letting go.
The resulting blow-off valve hiss and chatter, not to mention the racket and crackling from the flaming exhausts got the kids back out a little, protecting their ears. They laughed and talked even more enthusiastically. Ryuu got out of the car, leaving the engine rumble it's rough idle.

Kids ran to him, and started to ask questions as usual. Ryuu did his best to answer to them, and they didn't doubt him at all when he said that it was able to beat supercars and even hypercars. But, as kids usually do, they got bored and ran away, leaving Ryuu alone.
He took few photos of the car for Kohaku. He had promised a review for WTCR-magazine later this week, and he wanted the car to be as good looking as it simply could.

Daichi looked at the two young men in front of him, nodding slowly. “Yes, I can be your first opponent at this area. I've heard a lot of your team, and I'd love to see what you can really do.” Ryosuke Takahashi smiled slightly, looking at his car. “R32 GT-R.. That is a respectable opponent, despite being almost 20 years old.”
Daichi grinned. “This old lady can be a really fierce beast when poked with a stick. She also has few surprises under the hood.” He said, petting the carbon fiber hood. “What do you think? Is my outdated Playstation-car able to go head to head with that flashy FD of yours?”
Keisuke frowned slightly. He had already learned that even around here, old cars shouldn't be underestimated. “I've beaten GT-R's before, uphill and downhill. My twin turbo rotary didn't lose back then, and it won't fail me this time either.”
Daichi smiled and nodded, shaking hands with the brothers. “It's a deal then. Friday night, I'll be here waiting for you guys.”

~Later, back at the hotel~

“Brother.. when I saw that R32 leaving, I noticed something disturbing in the rear end of that car.” Ryosuke looked up from his laptop, raising an eyebrow as he glanced at Keisuke.
“That R32 had V-Spec II Nür-badge. As far as I know, that badge is reserved for R34's, right?” Ryosuke nodded, frowning slightly. “That is true. It could be mere decoration, but there's also a chance that the badge tells the truth. The R34 Nür is considered as the best production GT-R, as it shares some engine components with the endurance racer that was used in the Nürburgring 24 hour races. If the driver of this R32 has been able to find a wrecked R34 Nür, he might have been able to salvage some components, or possibly the engine and whole drivetrain and install it into his R32. Such modification would improve R32's handling remarkably.”

Keisuke shook his head. “His car is also way lighter than R34. I'd dare to guess that it's around the same as my FD, bit over 1000kg. He will be interesting opponent to me.” Keisuke looked at Takumi, who was again watching BMI videos, where some green-suited racer passed R34 with his TRD Trueno. Keisuke walked to him, looking at the screen. “Keiichi Tschuchiya? I thought that he had retired from that stuff already. Old geezers like that should drive automatic fwd vans or something.”
Takumi sighed, remembering certain old geezer who was quite much similar to Drift King. “Well, just hope that you'll never have a race with my father. That old geezer is so fast that it's disgusting.” Keisuke looked at the downhill ace of Project D. “What do you mean?”

Takumi hesitated a bit, before he replied. “Remember God Foot and God Arm? He's like those two, but molded together in one body, and way faster. That shitty old man passed me on Akina with ease even when I pulled off my best tricks to shake him off.”
Ryosuke raised his head a bit. “What kind of car he drives?” Takumi scratched his head. “Umm.. I think it was Subaru WRX.. Flashy 2-door coupe with big wing. I've driven it too, and it feels like flying saucer, and after that.. I've felt that my Trueno is inferior and outdated. It disturbed me quite a while before I got over with it.”
Ryosuke nodded, returning to his simulations. “Don't worry. You both should be able to beat this R32 with ease, if everything goes according the plans.” Takumi nodded, concentrating on the video again.
Keisuke shivered as he thought of Takumi's father. “He's like those two, but molded together in one body, and way faster.. And it seems that you have inherited that kind of speed too.” New kind of determination made Keisuke grit his teeths as he realized how great opponent Takumi was.

Familiar white NSX screeched to a halt, barely missing the sleek S2000's rear bumper. Akane got out of her car and dashed into the house, scaring the hell out of her sisters. “T-They're here! P-Project D's vans, FD, hachiroku and even the FC!” She managed to splutter out, before Emi and Hotaru bursted into excited screams of joy.
“Ryosuke-sama and Keisuke -sama are here, just for us to catch?! Kyaa! This is so cool!” Akane smiled to her younger siblings. “I wish I could join that hunt, I already have a certain rising star in my sights.” That remark led instantly into friendly teasing between the younger siblings and Akane.

That night, unusual sight could be seen at the mountain pass. Bright green AMC Gremlin was tearing up and down the roads, putting up pretty impressive times. Exiting the corners was usually done with massive wheelspin that was accompanied by a deep, throaty growl of V8. Short, fat man behind the wheel grinned. “Bring it on, you pesky KP60! I'll show you that V8's are the true masters of Touge and Wangan!” He floored the throttle and kickdown caused the wheels to spin even on the straights.

“That fatty is crazy. He thinks that V8 and automatic gearbox are the choice for Touge..?” Mysterious person muttered as he followed the old subcompact musclecar. He was sitting in old car as well. His car was blue, and very beautifully flowing lines revealed it to be European origin. He fired up the engine, and smooth burble of well-tuned V6 filled the air. He flicked his cigarette out of the window and took off at immense speed that was provided only by rear-engined cars. “We shall see.. This “Dragon” has beaten 4WD's, RWD's and MR's this far.. But we shall see if he will be match to my European RR!”

~Later that night, on deserted highway..~

Pair of bright xenon-headlights split the darkness ahead. The vehicle seemed to have considerable amount of speed, way above the limits of the highway and it was still accelerating. Deep throaty roar of twin turbo-V8 filled the air as the revs climbed up to the rev limiter before unnaturally quick up shifting.

Katashi kept his eye on the gauges and engineer next to him was adjusting the ECU's parameters with his laptop. This car was slowly but certainly getting ready for production. Worst problems of the engine and suspension had been smoothed out, and only some minor rough edges needed some work.
Katashi stepped on the throttle again, but instead of immense acceleration car bogged down and began to lose speed. Katashi looked at the engineer who was working furiously on the laptop, trying to find out what was wrong. “It's not in the electronics.. Hey, there's plenty of smoke behind us.” Katashi looked and cursed heavily. Car was barely moving anymore as he pulled to the side of the road, putting his emergency lights on.
“Call the team and tell them to send a tow truck. I'll check the engine while we're waiting.” Katashi said, opening the hood locking mechanism and stepped out from the crippled prototype. He lifted the hood and protected himself from the thick cloud of smoke.
“It's definitely burnt oil.. Yeah, that's yet another pair of turbos this week. Tell the designer team that they need to get back on their drawing boards. If they can't make the lubrication and cooling system sufficient after demanding that the turbos have to be single piece with the exhaust manifolds, we'll go back to the traditional system until they have solved these issues.”
The engineer looked at the destruction in the engine bay. “They're not going to be happy about this.” Katashi smirked. “Well, they demanded trying this kind of layout in order to see if they could cut down the costs, and this is what you get.. Plenty of destroyed engines while solving the problem.”

Katashi took a cigarette and sighed. He was thinking about his kids, and that new rising star that was quickly becoming the fastest thing on both of the popular scenes, Touge and Wangan.
“Ryuu Masaru.. I wonder when we will have a match against each other. I don't wonder if you've improved that Starlet of yours drastically while I've been gone, but I still believe that I can match it's performance with Kuro-Ken..”
Old mans thoughts were interrupted as he heard a sound that was so familiar.. Yet something was different. He did recognize the sound of highly tuned 20B twinturbo, but something had changed. It sounded angrier, louder, sharper and utterly more powerful.

Katashi held his breath as the sound grew louder and louder. He could already hear the turbochargers and blow-off valves, and extremely quick shifts of the racing gearbox. The car came to the straight in a blink of an eye, blinding Katashi and the mechanic with it's headlights, that were covered by aerodynamically shaped plexiglass. As soon as it appeared, it passed the stationary prototype, and the hellish shriek of the rotary turned into meaty, slightly buzzing burble that got weaker rapidly. The car had definitely turned into blood-thirsty monster.

Katashi listened as highly modified KP60 disappeared into the night. He tossed his cigarette away silently, biting his lip. He knew his time was running out.

This post has been edited by FinToy-83 on Sep 20 2007, 06:57 AM
Meteor
Posted: Sep 21 2007, 05:35 AM

Drivetrain parts from the GTi-R, electronics from the R34 Nur and a highly modified 20B engine. .

Combine that with everything else on the KP60. .

If that THING existed in real life, I would be terrified by it.

Awesome chapter BTW.

This post has been edited by Meteor on Sep 21 2007, 05:40 AM
FinToy-83
  Posted: Sep 21 2007, 06:17 AM

IDW Banned Member

wouldn't we all be terrified? fear2.gif
Force Fed Mopar
Posted: Sep 21 2007, 12:31 PM

IDW God Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,033

Yet another great chapter. I had been wondering whether you had quit writing or not:) Figured you were just taking a break. This was definitely worth the wait.
FinToy-83
  Posted: Sep 21 2007, 10:33 PM

IDW Banned Member

just a bit of a writers block. I needed to get off for a while and search for new ideas.
Sanae
Posted: Oct 1 2007, 12:33 PM

IDW Okamisan

Well, I'd say that the search was pretty fruitful! Anyway, like I've already said, great job! Now, I'm hoping that writer's block is long gone and things will start moving along nicely, ne?

FinToy-83
  Posted: Oct 1 2007, 01:23 PM

IDW Banned Member

you just want to see Akane pwning guys in her NSX, don't you.. wink2.gif tongue.gif yeah, chapter 14 is under way.
Sanae
Posted: Oct 1 2007, 01:40 PM

IDW Okamisan

QUOTE (FinToy-83 @ Today at 11:23 PM)
you just want to see Akane pwning guys in her NSX, don't you.. wink2.gif tongue.gif yeah, chapter 14 is under way.

Of course! Maybe not racing-wise (yet) but she's already pwning Ryuu whenever she wants... tongue.gif

FinToy-83
  Posted: Oct 5 2007, 01:23 PM

IDW Banned Member

yeah, it's TEASER TIME AGAIN! w00t2.gif

“Certain someone's going to get some ass-kicking for this mess..” He grumbled as he made his way to the garage. At there, a peaceful sight greeted him.
Both Ryuu and Akira had fallen asleep on their work. Akira was snoring slightly while hanging halfway in the engine bay, his head resting uncomfortably on top of the 1300bhp twin turbocharged rotary engine of the devilish looking Wangan-weapon, where as Ryuu had fallen asleep somewhere between the pedals and bucket seat.
Katashi couldn't do anything else but smile a bit, before devilish idea came to his mind, and without hesitation, he did it.
In closed space like the garage, the blast from the horn was enough to startle even people who were awake. For the victims of this prank, it was deafening sound of doomsday, which caused them both flinch violently.
Ryuu's forehead made close contact with the stripped steering column, making him see plenty of stars for a while as he desperately tried to scramble on his feet. Akira slammed his head first to the turbocharger, then to the side of the engine bay and finally to the edge of the carbonfiber hood, making very painful sounding thumps that were closely followed by groans of pain.

Yup, Katashi kicks ass.. again.laugh2.gif
Sanae
Posted: Oct 5 2007, 01:33 PM

IDW Okamisan

Now Finboy, this is just cruel...what would you do/say if I made you guys wait for over a month between one update and the other, huh?

Oh, wait...I've already done that... tongue.gif

Well, I can only say this, if you don't get that chappie finished soon, I'll ask Meteor to get his voodoo doll out. fear2.gif
FinToy-83
  Posted: Oct 5 2007, 01:47 PM

IDW Banned Member

ermm2.gif okay, now, put that pasta spatula(sp?) away, and let go of the coffee cup, lady.. and breath slowly and deeply.. sweatingbullets.gif

I'm writing it whole time, but school and stuff like that have sort of drained my batteries during the week, so I can write only during weekends. you'll get your dose of Akane soon..ish.. shifty2.gif

This post has been edited by FinToy-83 on Oct 5 2007, 01:48 PM
Sanae
Posted: Oct 5 2007, 01:55 PM

IDW Okamisan

QUOTE (FinToy-83 @ Today at 11:47 PM)
ermm2.gif  okay, now, put that pasta spatula(sp?) away, and let go of the coffee cup, lady.. and breath slowly and deeply..  sweatingbullets.gif

I'm writing it whole time, but school and stuff like that have sort of drained my batteries during the week, so I can write only during weekends. you'll get your dose of Akane soon..ish..  shifty2.gif

Pasta spatula? Nah, I prefer using the old-fashioned saucepan...a whole lot more effective, believe me! tongue.gif

Now seriously, I'm the last person who should talk about being slow writing so, take your time, like pynoteknix said about my own recent snail-pace, it's fine and worth the wait as long as you don't stop writing altogether!

That said...you mentioned Akane? I hope you don't have anything nasty planned for her! Altough I wouldn't mind more Akane-Ryuu interaction, it's always very funny seeing them together.

This post has been edited by Sanae on Oct 5 2007, 01:56 PM
FinToy-83
  Posted: Oct 5 2007, 01:57 PM

IDW Banned Member

there will be some interaction alright.. whistling.gif no more comments, back to writing.

oh, saucepan..? I hope it's not made of cast iron.. ermm2.gif
Meteor
Posted: Oct 5 2007, 05:44 PM

*finished reading teaser*

That's Katashi alright.
Force Fed Mopar
Posted: Oct 11 2007, 08:49 PM

IDW God Member

Lol, has Katashi made a recent purchase from Hornblasters.com?
Force Fed Mopar
Posted: Nov 6 2007, 10:14 PM

IDW God Member

New chapter coming soon?
FinToy-83
  Posted: Nov 7 2007, 10:50 AM

IDW Banned Member

Pretty soon. I'm going to make a final dash this week. thumbsup.gif incoming Akane+Ryuu cuteness, new challenger re-appears etc etc shifty2.gif
outlaw-2
Posted: Nov 18 2007, 08:28 AM

Always Lurking...

Member No.: 20,050

With all that delay, my original fiction is still soldiering on... try to keep up with me now XD, you wouldn't want to lose out against Captain Slow, would you, Fat Man? Yes, I'm now at chapter 14, now undergoing chapter 15...

This post has been edited by outlaw-2 on Nov 18 2007, 08:29 AM
FinToy-83
  Posted: Nov 18 2007, 10:12 AM

IDW Banned Member

Bring it on! atleast I have some unique machinery on the way instead of the typical R34's and such.. whistling.gif
outlaw-2
Posted: Nov 18 2007, 02:45 PM

Always Lurking...

Member No.: 20,050

Even though I use the conventional way, at least the storyline is now moving on deeper into the plot. tongue.gif. An old car will appear in the next chapter of mine... the old A60 Celica GT-S.

7 Pages  « 3 4 5 6 7