Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing Priscilla - Love is in Danger

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

5 Pages  1 2 3 4 5  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 11,351  ·  Replies: 109 
> Fastest Driver, A poll for the fun.

Who is the fastest driver?
Takumi Fujiwara [ 1 ]  [2.13%]
Keisuke Takahashi [ 3 ]  [6.38%]
Ryosuke Takahashi [ 1 ]  [2.13%]
Bunta Fujiwara [ 35 ]  [74.47%]
Shinji Inui [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
God Hand [ 1 ]  [2.13%]
God Foot [ 1 ]  [2.13%]
Initial D: Arcade Stage's protagonist (Customizable Player Character) [ 5 ]  [10.64%]
Total Votes: 47
Guests cannot vote 
Gunma's 34
Posted on Sep 24 2014, 04:38 PM

The R34's chosen one

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 27,787

QUOTE (MonkeyWrenchd @ 34 minutes, 52 seconds ago)
Nurburgring sounds good too, the elevation looks similar to mountain pass

some sections though would leave some of them at an advantage - like sections 1 will be for takumi's edge, sections 2-4 would be for Keisuke, and so fort; and section 2 has that extremely long straight, by the time Takumi catches up, Keisuke is long gone even if they hit the technical section at section 6.
Seri
Posted on Sep 24 2014, 04:40 PM

Quirks and Features of IDW
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 40,610

Even in the Impreza? I think it could hold its own on the Nurburgring.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
MonkeyWrenchd
Posted on Sep 24 2014, 05:43 PM

IDW Regular Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 43,964

QUOTE (Gunma's 34 @ 1 hour, 4 minutes ago)
some sections though would leave some of them at an advantage - like sections 1 will be for takumi's edge, sections 2-4 would be for Keisuke, and so fort; and section 2 has that extremely long straight, by the time Takumi catches up, Keisuke is long gone even if they hit the technical section at section 6.

What if both use the same stock car ? So its a full skill battle.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
HyperSonic
Posted on Sep 24 2014, 06:15 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 38,471

1. A highway battle won't be really a solution, because both of them would look like traffic cones when it comes to highway battle (when it comes to highway battle the Devil Z and the Blackbird are the ones to beat). blink.gif

2. Stock cars on a circuit, skill only battle might settle the issue but knowing the winner beforehand is impossible (I think!) facepalm.gif facepalm.gif
Gunma's 34
Posted on Sep 24 2014, 07:31 PM

The R34's chosen one

QUOTE (MonkeyWrenchd @ 1 hour, 48 minutes ago)
What if both use the same stock car ? So its a full skill battle.

then that is plausible. The problem is... Which car given their backgrounds (Keisuke X rotaries VS Takumi + 4WD complex) Could they adjust equally to the same car that is not an 86 / Not an FD
MonkeyWrenchd
Posted on Sep 24 2014, 07:35 PM

IDW Regular Member

Well then... What if both use different stock cars but from the same class ? I'd pit the new 2015 MX5 against Toyobaru 86/BRZ but the MX5 isn't rotary.

This post has been edited by MonkeyWrenchd on Sep 24 2014, 07:37 PM
Tessou
Posted on Sep 24 2014, 07:54 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

QUOTE (HyperSonic @ 1 hour, 38 minutes ago)
when it comes to highway battle the Devil Z and the Blackbird...

Wrong series. Keep it in the Initial D universe and you have a more realistic race. Adding exotic hypercars and overtuned sports cars to the mix only makes our roster look like penniless Sunday drivers.

In a race between Initial D characters on the highway... X would be fastest. Go.

Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
HyperSonic
Posted on Sep 24 2014, 08:08 PM

IDW Regular Member

QUOTE (Tessou @ 13 minutes, 59 seconds ago)
In a race between Initial D characters on the highway... X would be fastest. Go.

Keisuke would be the fastest in a highway highspeed straight battle, no skill needed, car versus car. Even the Impreza and Kyouichi's Evo 3 would be be sucking his exhaust, (probably) facepalm.gif facepalm.gif
MonkeyWrenchd
Posted on Sep 24 2014, 08:35 PM

IDW Regular Member

QUOTE (HyperSonic @ 27 minutes, 44 seconds ago)
Keisuke would be the fastest in a highway highspeed straight battle, no skill needed, car versus car. Even the Impreza and Kyouichi's Evo 3 would be be sucking his exhaust, (probably) facepalm.gif  facepalm.gif

Well duh, the Impreza is nearly stock, probably just had custom suspension or flywheel or exhaust system while the Evo 3 got 350 hp. Keisuke's FD had like what, 400, 450 hp ? Plus its lighter and had better aerodynamic compared to the Impreza and Evo 3. It's not a competition lol

This post has been edited by MonkeyWrenchd on Sep 24 2014, 08:36 PM
Tessou
Posted on Sep 24 2014, 10:15 PM

Group Icon

Uhhh what about godfoot's R34 Nur? It was clearly faster than the FD.

Gunma's 34
Posted on Sep 24 2014, 10:18 PM

The R34's chosen one

Apparently, if we're still on the Initial D on the highway part of this discussion, it's quite obvious that only the following would dominate:

GodFoot and Shinigami. :v
MonkeyWrenchd
Posted on Sep 24 2014, 11:21 PM

IDW Regular Member

QUOTE (Gunma's 34 @ 1 hour, 2 minutes ago)
Apparently, if we're still on the Initial D on the highway part of this discussion, it's quite obvious that only the following would dominate:

GodFoot and Shinigami. :v

Shinigami's the only one who would dominate on the highway. Seems like Godfoot's R34 tuned especially for the mountain, how much horsepower does it have anyway ? It is much powerful than the FD

This post has been edited by MonkeyWrenchd on Sep 24 2014, 11:25 PM
Tessou
Posted on Sep 24 2014, 11:23 PM

Group Icon

If it was lightly tuned, how was it so much faster than Keisuke's highly tuned FD on the uphill?

MonkeyWrenchd
Posted on Sep 24 2014, 11:26 PM

IDW Regular Member

QUOTE (Tessou @ 2 minutes, 54 seconds ago)
If it was lightly tuned, how was it so much faster than Keisuke's highly tuned FD on the uphill?

Yeah i forgot it was faster than the FD haha. But idk why i cant see Godfoot's R34 as a highway contender :|

HyperSonic
Posted on Sep 24 2014, 11:30 PM

IDW Regular Member

Probably because if it is on the highway and it is as fast as what you say it is, he won't get pumped up so bad and we will miss the DOOOORRRYYAAAA!!!
MonkeyWrenchd
Posted on Sep 24 2014, 11:39 PM

IDW Regular Member

Probably because 4th stage animation made the cars looked slower than 5th stage. I remember disliking the race scenes in 5th stage because it made the cars cornering fast especially at the intro where Keisuke and Ryosuke drift together, it looked less natural than 4th stage because it moves too fast imo.

This post has been edited by MonkeyWrenchd on Sep 24 2014, 11:39 PM
Tessou
Posted on Sep 24 2014, 11:43 PM

Group Icon

Because Fourth Stage was more realistic, not "looks faster". Cars went down the road at a more natural pace.

An R34 is a very potent car, and when modified can be horrendously fast. Godfoot with an open road is a scary thought.
HyperSonic
Posted on Sep 25 2014, 12:15 AM

IDW Regular Member

A tuned Impreza + Bunta is probably creepier facepalm.gif
MonkeyWrenchd
Posted on Sep 25 2014, 12:20 AM

IDW Regular Member

QUOTE (Tessou @ 36 minutes, 25 seconds ago)
Because Fourth Stage was more realistic, not "looks faster". Cars went down the road at a more natural pace.

An R34 is a very potent car, and when modified can be horrendously fast. Godfoot with an open road is a scary thought.

That's what i meant, i was just afraid if i said 'more realistic" i'd be delusional lol

I'm still wondering though how much horsepower does Godfoot's 34 has. FD is around 450ish i guess, that makes the R34 around 500 ? 550 ?, and that heavy body still made it faster than the FD.

This post has been edited by MonkeyWrenchd on Sep 25 2014, 12:26 AM
Seri
Posted on Sep 25 2014, 04:57 AM

Quirks and Features of IDW
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 40,610

Well, Shinigami's R32 made 650HP in-series, according to Ryosuke, anyway. Not to mention it was more circuit-tuned than anything. So he'd technically be the winner.

This is assuming everyone is using their in-series specs, anyway.
Falbere
Posted on Sep 25 2014, 04:59 AM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

Group: IDP Admin
Member No.: 43,254

Ryosuke said shinigami's R32 was pushing 650PS. That is more than, you know, the "D**** Z" S30Z have a L28 Twin Turbo pushing 600PS. It actually came pretty close to Bl***Bird's 700PS.

But too bad. It is set up for the touge. I expect it to have some pretty short gears. Top speed wise: nope. Aceleration wise: yes. It would be most suitable to run on C1, it you are talking about shoutoko.

Ryosuke's FC wasn't bad either. At least it is able to stay ahead of shinigami, on toyo tyres turnpike, over 200KM/H

Ikeda may not have as good peformance, but at least he was able to keep up so his Z should boost similar peformance.

God foot's R34 Nur: easily overtakes FD on straights. I wouldn't be surprised if it was having 600PS, because that is the nature of RB26. You don't need much mods to give it some horrifying BHP numbers.

But fk it. Because Takumi is just gonna sv_cheats 1 and "fujiwara zone" and teleport hack + 4wd hack, to insta-kill everyone.

Takumi's hacks are so OP he should drive the Impreza instead.
MonkeyWrenchd
Posted on Sep 25 2014, 05:12 AM

IDW Regular Member

Talking about Shinigami, damn the first time i saw his car i instantly fell in love with it. I always liked the R32 and his car looks awesome with that GT-Wing.

I think Ryosuke's FC would be perfect for a C1 run if we're still talking about the highway battle thing. God i love that FC too.

Ikeda's Z is heavily tuned, i expect it to be around 450-500ish hp.

This post has been edited by MonkeyWrenchd on Sep 25 2014, 05:15 AM
Tessou
Posted on Sep 25 2014, 11:38 AM

Group Icon

Shinigami is too Akio-inspired. He takes too many risks and would end up trashed on the first caution sign on the road.

Meanwhile, Itsuki just rolls on by in his ultra fast AE85 and takes the flag, Godhand race style.
Gunma's 34
Posted on Sep 25 2014, 01:34 PM

The R34's chosen one

QUOTE (MonkeyWrenchd @ 8 hours, 22 minutes ago)
Talking about Shinigami, damn the first time i saw his car i instantly fell in love with it. I always liked the R32 and his car looks awesome with that GT-Wing.

I think Ryosuke's FC would be perfect for a C1 run if we're still talking about the highway battle thing. God i love that FC too.

Ikeda's Z is heavily tuned, i expect it to be around 450-500ish hp.

Ikeda's Z has around that power range. They all admit that Ikeda has the funds to make such a heavily tuned Z. I think he's on the same range as that of Ryosuke's FC; only heavier.

Shinigami is too Akio-inspired. He takes too many risks and would end up trashed on the first caution sign on the road.

Look on the bright side, at least he didn't crash head first on the first episode of his debut.

This post has been edited by Gunma's 34 on Sep 25 2014, 01:45 PM
Tessou
Posted on Sep 25 2014, 01:53 PM

Group Icon

He threatened to during the race with Ryosuke though.

5 Pages  1 2 3 4 5