Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 8 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - LET'S ROCK!!

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 3,905  ·  Replies: 21 
> Initial D - Final Race Takumi vs Shinji (Video)
hadoualex
  Posted: Jul 3 2014, 12:06 PM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 44,321

<-

This post has been edited by hadoualex on Jul 10 2014, 09:04 PM
Venny503
Posted: Jul 3 2014, 03:52 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 42,095

A race this long'd be only two episodes in First/Second tongue.gif

Also, $325 for an AE86 is a total steal, nice.

This post has been edited by Venny503 on Jul 3 2014, 03:53 PM
Tessou
Posted: Jul 3 2014, 07:25 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

So much of the OP smells like a lie.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
hadoualex
    Posted: Jul 3 2014, 07:54 PM

Shmuck

QUOTE (Tessou @ 28 minutes, 58 seconds ago)
So much of the OP smells like a lie.

Hi, what do you mean by this? What is "OP"?? ohmy.gif
Tessou
Posted: Jul 3 2014, 08:12 PM

Group Icon

Original poster. You spout so much jargon it hurts. While you may be telling the truth, the proof we go by here is bread and milk. You need to post pictures either of yourself in the car(s), or with bread and milk on a place of our choosing to prove that they are indeed yours and not just somebody else's car(s) you claim as your own.

It sounds like every poser kid on automotive forums acting like they have something that they don't by trying to sound like they're part of the scene when they're not. I've known people that would constantly say they totally had a GT-R... just conveniently "in the shop" or something whenever I would start snooping on the validity of their bullshit lie.
hadoualex
  Posted: Jul 4 2014, 06:21 AM

Shmuck

<-

This post has been edited by hadoualex on Jul 10 2014, 09:09 PM
Tessou
Posted: Jul 4 2014, 06:40 AM

Group Icon

Somebody back me up here. Am I being a dick?

Bread and milk has been a part of IDW for over a decade. I'm not being an asshole to you, just asking for proof.
twitchykun
Posted: Jul 4 2014, 06:44 AM

F*ck land I'm on a boat Motherf*cker!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 20,454

Bread and Milk is one of the bedrocks of IDW. Basically, if you can't take a picture of your MAD TYTE JDM AE86 with Bread and/or Milk, then you're a liar and you need to stop trying so damn hard.

Acceptable substitutes are vodka and potatoes.
Seri
Posted: Jul 4 2014, 06:52 AM

Quirks and Features of IDW
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 40,610

Oh, here's something he might like to know.

Tessou's ex-admin. He knows what he's talking about.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
icedagger
Posted: Jul 4 2014, 07:38 AM

Slowpoke...

Member No.: 18,773

Hey OP! smile.gif

blah blah blah in other words it doesn't matter what I say or do nothing will prove anything, right? So lets settle this matter by you answering a simple question:

Actually you can do something to prove to Tessou that what you're saying is true: Post the requested bread and milk pictures.

No need to be defensive. It's a customary thing in these parts, and not something you should take offense at. thumbsup.gif

Cheers!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Meteor
Posted: Jul 4 2014, 08:42 AM

Were you expecting something else?

Member No.: 20,929

Trying to clear this up before things gets too out of hand (though similar efforts have already been made).

Tessou's referring to this - https://idforums.net/index.php?showtopic=2126
Basically, it's an IDW tradition to prove a car is yours by taking a photo of it with bread/milk/both/some other non-Google-searchable stuff in the shot. This came about because some guy lied about owning a GT-R before, and most IDW'ers have followed it since. It's not completely mandatory, but it does help give you full credibility.

As for everything else he said: think of it as a little test of his. Don't take it too seriously.

This post has been edited by Meteor on Jul 4 2014, 08:43 AM
hadoualex
  Posted: Jul 4 2014, 01:23 PM

Shmuck

<-

This post has been edited by hadoualex on Jul 10 2014, 09:08 PM
imprezagc8
Posted: Jul 4 2014, 04:45 PM

da true Hawaii GC8

Member No.: 14,482

i don't see what is so hard about just going to the store and getting bread and milk. show proof that you are not a fake person and everyone will not doubt you.
Spaz
Posted: Jul 4 2014, 09:17 PM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Member No.: 30,193

This site has been around for over a decade. So it should be realized how jaded people here have become toward every single instance where someone makes a first post that states they own an AE86. In my short time here, I'd be willing to bet that at LEAST 50% of them didn't own the car.

So quite frankly, yeah, nobody's going to believe you unless you post the requisite bread and milk, vodka and potatoes, or whatever other food and beverage item you have handy that nobody would normally set on their car and photograph. That's just how its become here, too many kids trying to be internet cool on a website for a cartoon.

Also, asking a longstanding member here to answer a moronically easy question is going to change your personal opinion of him how? It doesn't make any sense to me how that would affect anything.

But all that aside, welcome. Pop into the automotive section if you haven't, maybe even post up a build thread for your car if it's an ongoing project.
Shirogane
Posted: Jul 5 2014, 07:10 AM

SCREEEEEEECHING INTENSIFIES

Member No.: 17,722

QUOTE (hadoualex @ Yesterday, 2:23 PM)
But no he was a douchebag from the get go, not even giving someone the benefit of the doubt. I do understand that maybe a lot of people lie but guess what? its a big world and there are people that are generally nice and people that are assholes. If you are going to start a convo with insulting someone "You spout so much jargon" and then demand that I prove to you something. Trust me if you met someone in their face you will not talk like that but online its always a different thing.

Yeah, uh. You probably are calling the kettle black if you're firing back. You're new here, jus'sayin. ermm2.gif
Tessou
Posted: Jul 5 2014, 02:55 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE (hadoualex @ Yesterday, 5:23 PM)
...I am still waiting for Tessou to answer my question:

"One of the first things that my dad told me when I first starting driving was to never go past certain rev (rev limiting). Why would he do that? "

Answer it correctly and I would forget everything that you said and we start fresh, deal? shifty2.gif

I fail to understand how answering a rookie question like that would "smooth things out" between us. I think you're a typical overreacting newbie, and I do not like you, but that is not changing the way I treat you. You see my logical suspicion as some sort of brutal interrogation when it's nothing of the sort. This is the internet, and anonymity is part of it. You can say anything you'd like, but until you back it up, it's just a bunch of words on a screen.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: unknown. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

"Hey guys, we're totally in Project D! My dad, like, soooo taught me what the redline is all about!"

Now, since you were so super great and posted some lovely pictures with the proof I asked for, congratulations, you're now considered bonafide.

Also, as you called me a douchebag in this thread and got away without a warning: you're an asshole. happy.gif
akamikedavid
Posted: Jul 5 2014, 08:03 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 40,761

QUOTE (hadoualex @ Jul 3 2014, 12:06 PM)
youtube.com/watch?v=UERqKRbzf8Q

I wanted a video from the perspective of Takumi and Shinji while racing, no one else. Sadly the editing of the videos from that race came up to be over 29 minutes, therefore I had to cut it out to 14 minutes so I could uploaded to youtube.  I am not good at video editing (not my field) but hey it was 1am sleepyawn.gif when I did this  so cut me some slack.  Well anyhow enjoy #InitialD4ever  apxrock.gif

Saw your post on youtube. Awesome stuff! I'm curious what you had to cut out to get it down to the 14 minutes since the video seemed pretty comprehensive. Also, anyway you could link to the original 29 minute video you had. If not its fine, just curious about the differences.
hadoualex
  Posted: Jul 6 2014, 08:47 AM

Shmuck

<-

This post has been edited by hadoualex on Jul 10 2014, 09:08 PM
Seri
Posted: Jul 6 2014, 09:29 AM

Quirks and Features of IDW
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,610

Tessou doesn't need to answer to you.

Hell, I'l say this, and I'll take the warn if I have to. Just drop it. From where I am, it seems like you're after attention. You have an Eight-Six. Great. That's settled. Get back to the orginal topic, or take it to PM.
Spaz
Posted: Jul 6 2014, 09:49 AM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Member No.: 30,193

QUOTE (hadoualex @ 1 hour, 1 minutes ago)
To Tessuo: I proved what I owe so its time for you to answer the question. its so simple for you then you should have no problem answering it. It has now been more than 2 days since I asked the question and you still avoiding it and buying time. so I'll wait 1 more day, don't be scared smile.gif

That's quite enough. Drop it.
Tessou
Posted: Jul 6 2014, 10:09 AM

Group Icon

What Spaz said. I'm bored of you.
hadoualex
  Posted: Jul 7 2014, 07:27 PM