Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing Derreck Simons - Station to Station (B4 ZA Beat Remix)

Important Rules
• Please do NOT post any torrents and/or links to pirated copies of games here. Violator will be issued a verbal warning or an actual warning.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Any kind of discussions related to ROMs, WAREZ and methods of copying copyrighted materials are prohibited in this section of the forums.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 14,296  ·  Replies: 11 
> Overwatch [PC/XB1/PS4]
Tessou
  Posted: Apr 5 2016, 11:31 AM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

I've been watching streams of the closed beta. Is anybody looking forward to this game? It has Blizzard quality written all over it but I've never really been into these twitch shooters where you die every six seconds. Can anyone convince me to buy this?
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
The Sixth Element
Posted: May 21 2016, 09:26 PM

matter intangible

Group: Members
Member No.: 44,779

Since the game is coming out soon, I would like to make a short summary or review on the Open Early Beta and how it will guide the released product in May 24.

Overwatch is a Multiplayer FPS like Valve's Team Fortress and Day of Defeat with a MOBA twist like DOTA and League Of Legend. These 'Heroes' have either one weapon or a side weapon with multiple abilities that either contribute the team or themselves. The game has 3 game modes: Payload, Capture Points, and King of the Hill. Overwatch doesn't have a story but its hinted with the animated shorts that the Overwatch team makes. There are 3, at the moment, shorts that are cinematic and shows a taste of the story of the characters in the game.(in my opinion, the ALIVE, REBORN, and DRAGONS animated shorts can be turned into movies if Blizzard actually hired a director and a couple of producers)

The gameplay is unique while similar since everyone on the internet likes to compare this game to TF2. Each hero is in a specific catagory (Attack, Defense, Support, Tank) with the support characters being almost crucial to win the game or round. Heroes have an Ultimate that can turn the tide of the game but has to be charged by building up the game in the bottom of the screen. Each hero can be countered by other heroes with can cause excess salt if you don't know the counters that the other hero can perform.

One example of this would be this: Bastion is a defense character that deals heavy damage as a turret but he has ZERO mobility or escape when he's in turret mode. He LITERALLY melts down from supports to tanks. He's a character that would get a POTG (Play of the game: a replay of the best moment of a player doing his peak in the game) in every game which pisses off everyone. One way to counter him would be a Genji, an attack hero that deals heavy damage to enemies. One of his abilities deflect incoming projectiles and bullets return it to the sender. Genji can deflect Bastion's bullets and his tank shells from his Ult (which transform him into a Metal Slug Tank).

This game is pretty fun while strategic. It may not be for everyone but its a good game that would get people's attention.
The game is 40 Dollars on Battle.Net or 60 Dollars if you want the additional skins. On PS4 & Xbox One, its 60 Dollars. Its a great game and it has won my heart. smile.gif

NOW THIS IS MY OPINION ON THIS GAME BEING A PAY TO PLAY GAME: A game like this always gave me the impression of "Its gonna be Free to Play in the next several months" which it might happen. I just predict that this game will become free to play once Skins and in-game currency to buy skins and additional stuff. It might or might not but either way, its a great game.
Tessou
  Posted: May 21 2016, 10:01 PM

Group Icon

Being a Blizzard game means it will see drastic retools every 6-12 months that will divide the player base every time.
The Sixth Element
Posted: May 21 2016, 10:10 PM

matter intangible

QUOTE (Tessou @ 9 minutes, 11 seconds ago)
Being a Blizzard game means it will see drastic retools every 6-12 months that will divide the player base every time.

That may be true but this is Blizzard's attempt on a FPS game so we might get something different.
Tessou
  Posted: May 21 2016, 10:19 PM

Group Icon

People are already complaining about balancing so it's inevitable.
SgtXDNX
Posted: May 21 2016, 10:24 PM

Goddamn Electric

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 23,073

Scrubs will always bitch about balancing, though. It's been the nature of multiplayer gaming since its inception.

This coming from a Bastion main, who has NO idea how people don't manage to murder my ass on a daily basis. Genji is straight kryptonite in turret mode, Hanzo/Widowmaker are pretty big problems, and good Roadhog/Reinhardt players can dislodge me in seconds. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by SgtXDNX on May 21 2016, 10:24 PM
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
The Sixth Element
Posted: May 21 2016, 11:05 PM

matter intangible

QUOTE (SgtXDNX @ 41 minutes, 37 seconds ago)
Scrubs will always bitch about balancing, though. It's been the nature of multiplayer gaming since its inception.

This coming from a Bastion main, who has NO idea how people don't manage to murder my ass on a daily basis. Genji is straight kryptonite in turret mode, Hanzo/Widowmaker are pretty big problems, and good Roadhog/Reinhardt players can dislodge me in seconds. laugh.gif

I've done some decent Genji plays against Bastion but it wouldn't matter since Bastion gets POTG anyways laugh2.gif laugh2.gif
RalliKai
Posted: May 22 2016, 10:50 AM

IDW Goldmember

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 3,607

I'm alittle confused as to why there will be no single player story with the amount of short story movies Blizzard has been releasing around some of the characters. sad.gif

This post has been edited by RalliKai on May 22 2016, 10:51 AM
Tessou
  Posted: May 22 2016, 12:25 PM

Group Icon

So people can't complain that they skimped on the all-important multiplayer.

Personally I prefer a good single player shooter, but that's a dying trend in the industry.
ninomagu90
Posted: Sep 12 2019, 12:08 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 51,198

Game is pretty awesome, especially if you have good teammate or your own squad and you play objective.

Additionally I really love how they add new characters from time to time.
Eridon
Posted: Oct 6 2019, 11:26 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 51,273

Unfortunately this game popularity drops down.
stardream
Posted: Feb 4 2020, 10:55 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 51,535

Popularity is going down pretty fast, I used to play it a while ago, but now I play only COD.