Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing (Battle Stage 2) Idol - Idol

Automotive Section Rules
• Scenes depicted in Initial D are strictly fiction. Please follow the traffic rules and drive safely.
• When posting a classified thread, please label it with For Sale (FS), For Trade (FT) or Want To Buy (WTB) in the thread title.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Personal videos of illegal street racing are prohibited. Do NOT brag about your exploits. Posting a video depicting dangerous/reckless driving behavior on your part will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 15,764  ·  Replies: 15 
> WRC 2013 Season
RoninGT21
  Posted: Jan 16 2013, 06:59 PM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 40,195

Well, this year it is going to be an interesting fight, but I will bet all my money on Ogier. All that testing has made the car virtually unstoppable. Miko lacks leadership skills and there is no one in Ford who is fast enough to go fast enough all season. I honestly wish Novikov could win this year, but it most likely won't happen.
RalliKai
Posted: Jan 18 2013, 07:51 AM

IDW Goldmember

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 3,607

Watching Loeb wipe the floor with everyone year in and year out since Marcus Gronholm left, and the general mismanagement of the sport really turned me off from the WRC in recent years. Loeb's entering for only 4 rally's plus VW entering the sport has me atleast intrigued. Volkswagen looks to be a well-put together team and I think Ogier has the best chance out of all the drivers of winning the title. Ford's talent went elsewhere and no longer has the backing of the manufacturer. Novikov may surprise in a few rally's. Prodrive opted out this year it seems. sad.gif

Hyundai has revealed that it plans to enter into the 2014 season.

This post has been edited by RalliKai on Jan 18 2013, 02:41 PM
Pipenocl
Posted: Jan 20 2013, 07:26 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 40,114

My coments about the Ending of first rond in Monte Carlo

- Loeb is a great driver, he's good.. But he doesn't have the magic as a person; like was for example Burns, Makinnen, Sainz, Liatti, KKK, etc

- The second place of Ogier was not a surprise he will fighting this years for the championship (if the polo R doesn't brake)

- I hope that that this year Sordo can finally win a rally. He has a few years rallying and don't have any wins. Just a few second places.

- Wilson made a bad choice on his drivers line-up on his Team. It would be good to have Petter Solberg helping the young ones (cause Novikov, Ostberg and Neuville are quiet unexperience in rallyng)

- If Latvala continous to crash in rallying (especially as a second driver of VW) that wil cost him a lot and will be ending his carrear. Latvala has the potentional to be a champions that's for sure, but needs to demostrate more confidence in rallying

I'm waiting to may to go the rally Argentina awesome.gif awesome.gif

This post has been edited by Pipenocl on Jan 20 2013, 07:31 PM
s12drifter
Posted: Mar 24 2013, 10:10 AM

The Lulz Boat

Member No.: 23,696

is there a schedule for this? first race of the season?
RalliKai
Posted: Mar 27 2013, 06:10 AM

IDW Goldmember

RalliKai
Posted: May 5 2013, 07:40 AM

IDW Goldmember

I'm glad Loeb is competing on just a part time basis now. It seems all he needs to do now is breath on the stage and he wins.

Can't say I'm fond of the new regs or required cars. It comes off as if they're trying to mimic F1, all the while lacking any real sponsorship or coverage as the sport fades into obscurity. sad.gif
8M6_celica
Posted: May 17 2013, 04:03 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 40,461

Is there a website that I can watch coverage? (sort of like the super old Hulu stuff...not just clips)
RalliKai
Posted: May 19 2013, 06:22 AM

IDW Goldmember

The most I've seen has only been recaps of rally events posted on Youtube.
Tygur
Posted: May 19 2013, 09:03 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 40,507

Sucks, favorite motorsport to watch and nowhere to do it.
Animefreak1983
Posted: Jan 12 2014, 04:16 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 38,152

I noticed they have some past seasons on dvd. Any certain years you'd recomend for a newbie? I've never had much interest in wrc until this year

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
RalliKai
Posted: Jan 13 2014, 08:10 AM

IDW Goldmember

QUOTE (Animefreak1983 @ Yesterday, 7:16 PM)
I noticed they have some past seasons on dvd. Any certain years you'd recomend for a newbie? I've never had much interest in wrc until this year

1985, 1995, 1999, 2006 or 07.

All were pretty competitive seasons with interesting twists. Plus you get abit of each era. Group B, Grp A and WRC.
Animefreak1983
Posted: Jan 13 2014, 01:54 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 38,152

Thank you:)

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
RalliKai
Posted: Sep 28 2014, 05:11 PM

IDW Goldmember

Some much awaited and needed changes will be coming in 2017.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/115101

WRC Commission president Carlos Barbosa says the FIA is determined to reinvigorate the sport's spectacle with the next generation of World Rally Cars.

New technical regulations will arrive in the world championship in 2017, but Barbosa is adamant those rules will be written and communicated before the end of this year. And he wants variety back in the service park.

"If you paint all of the [current World Rally] cars white," said Barbosa, "right now it's not possible to recognise which is which. We need to change that and we need to bring the spectacle back to our sport and make the cars more attractive."

AUTOSPORT sources have suggested there will be significant change in 2017 both in the size of cars - potentially moving from the current segment-B cars up to segment-D - and in the engine power, with the rules centred on controlling fuel flow to allow manufacturers to, within reason, run whatever engine they prefer.

"We are at the beginning of the discussions for the 2017 car," said Barbosa. "This is the principle [fuel-flow regulation] but out of this principle, things can still change.

"We have had the meeting with the [FIA] technical working group and the manufacturers, and now it must go to the Commission.

"I will be in Geneva soon to discuss this document with Jarmo [Mahonen, FIA rally director], Michele [Mouton, FIA WRC manager] and Jean [Todt FIA president] and then we will say: 'This is OK, that is not OK, change this or change that.'

"We cannot take this meeting as the final meeting, but I think we are going in a very good way.

"We must change many things to make the WRC in the top events in the world: the WRC must be bigger."

Barbosa confirmed 2017 regulations would be prepared and most likely revealed at the December meeting of the World Motor Sport Council.

"I am sure we will have these regulations by the end of the season," he said.

"This was the promise we gave to the manufacturers and everything will be completely done and completely correct before the end of the year."

This post has been edited by RalliKai on Sep 28 2014, 05:11 PM
RalliKai
Posted: Jan 30 2015, 10:55 AM

IDW Goldmember

Reg changes in 2017 and Toyota confirmed to be returning that same year. Hopefully this makes for a more interesting constructors race.

http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/january-201...42--12-12-.html

Toyota Motor Corporation president Akio Toyoda ended months of speculation when he made the announcement during a press conference in Tokyo, at which the Yaris WRC made its public debut in a launch livery.

The programme will be handled by Toyota Motorsport (TMG) in Cologne, Germany, which has already completed a preliminary test programme in Europe with the Yaris WRC on asphalt and gravel.

Frenchman Eric Camilli, who drove a Ford Fiesta R5 in WRC 2 at Rallye Monte-Carlo, has been selected as the first member of Toyota’s junior driver development scheme.

The 27-year-old will carry out the test programme alongside former Subaru driver Stéphane Sarrazin, now a racer in Toyota’s FIA World Endurance Championship squad, and eight-time Finnish champion Sebastian Lindholm.

Toyoda said his visit to last season’s Neste Oil Rally Finland impressed him.
xiao
  Posted: Sep 26 2015, 04:40 PM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

I'm like 11 days late, but...

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 2048 x 1152. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

...rest in peace, rider of the sky~
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
RalliKai
Posted: Jan 22 2017, 12:46 PM

IDW Goldmember

Footage from the new WRC season and new regulation cars. Have to admit, I like what I see and hear. The cars definitely look faster all around than last year. An extra 80 horses and Active Diff have made quite a difference. Still don't really like them all being subcompact hatchbacks but they look alittle more distinct from each other compared to previous years.

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VznVJLcHZU )

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZkQII5ZB2I )