Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 3 unique listeners, playing (Wangan Midnight OST) Active motion

Important Rules
• Do not post any obscene material. (i.e. - nudity, explicit graphic situations ... etc.)
• Put a viewer discretion somewhere in your topic title / description when posting topic(s) that others might find offensive. (i.e. - Not Work Safe, PG13 ... etc.)

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

15 Pages  1 2 3 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 118,223  ·  Replies: 357 
> Political Discussion, Election is over, post rare policies

Who shall be King?
MAGA [ 13 ]  [68.42%]
Hilldawg [ 3 ]  [15.79%]
Some third party bullshit [ 3 ]  [15.79%]
Total Votes: 19
Guests cannot vote 
kyonpalm
  Posted on Nov 8 2016, 07:16 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

Remember how we don't like to talk about politics on IDW? We're gonna talk about politics on IDW. Today is the day, folks. Will you be smashing the system or endorsing it?

SPOILER
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Saint
Posted on Nov 8 2016, 08:37 AM

The 6th Blameless Shift

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 2,067

I'd vote The Douchebag.

I honestly thought Obama sucked. That's when pc started to go full cancer, afaik. Another 4 years of mini Obama will not just doom US, but also the rest of the world.
RalliKai
Posted on Nov 8 2016, 08:54 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 3,607

A friend of mine who fell into the SJW/Tumblr snowflake world went off on me for just pointing out Hillary's flaws and basically likened anyone who supported Trump to criminals and supporters of rape culture. Yeah, this election has brought out the best in everyone. ermm2.gif

As for me, will be voting for Trump. Not exactly a fan of him personally but Hillary has come to represent the worst of establishment politics and is probably the most corrupted politician to run for this office since tricky Dick. The DNC was planning to hand this to her as far back as 2008 if not earlier. Not even including her foreign policy record.
Saint
Posted on Nov 8 2016, 09:04 AM

The 6th Blameless Shift

They call Trump supporters not only as 'deplorables', but also 'racists', 'bigots', 'rapists', 'homophobics', etc anything that ends with -phobic or -ist. It's ironic that the SJWs insult and degrade others who don't agree with them. As Steven Crowder said, "You're not fighting for free speech. You're fighting for the right to be a pussy and not hear opinions you don't like."

This post has been edited by Saint on Nov 8 2016, 09:14 AM
xiao
  Posted on Nov 8 2016, 09:11 AM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

QUOTE (RalliKai @ 13 minutes, 25 seconds ago)
As for me, will be voting for Trump.

I thought you were Canadian Ralli don't cha know eh! user posted image

Welp I already did my part MaGa FoR ThE LaVa LaMp apxrock.gif

YOUTUBE ( https://youtube.com/watch?v=ZbM6WbUw7Bs )
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Nomake Wan
Posted on Nov 8 2016, 09:59 AM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

I'm thinking of voting turd sandwich this year. The giant douche just isn't doing it for me.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
RalliKai
Posted on Nov 8 2016, 11:53 AM

IDW Goldmember

user posted image

When you reflect back on the 2000 election and think "Those were the days."
kyonpalm
  Posted on Nov 8 2016, 12:04 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (RalliKai @ 10 minutes, 43 seconds ago)
http://i.imgur.com/qPTCHmg.jpg

When you reflect back on the 2000 election and think "Those were the days."

Yeah I really miss the election between the tree-hugging fruitcake and the mentally bankrupt daddy's boy. Those sure were the good days, way easier decision than the establishment-backed croney vs. the successful outsider businessman.
Nomake Wan
Posted on Nov 8 2016, 12:10 PM

ShiMACHaze

That heavily, heavily, heavily depends on how you define 'successful'.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
kyonpalm
  Posted on Nov 8 2016, 12:24 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 14 minutes, 8 seconds ago)
That heavily, heavily, heavily depends on how you define 'successful'.

You're gonna look at what he started with, compare it to where he is now, and tell me about defining "successful"?
Nomake Wan
Posted on Nov 8 2016, 12:40 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 15 minutes, 45 seconds ago)
You're gonna look at what he started with, compare it to where he is now, and tell me about defining "successful"?

Yes, I can.

http://fortune.com/2015/08/20/donald-trump-index-funds/

If you use the estimate of $40 million from 1974, he'd have made roughly 4 billion, beating his net worth by at least a billion dollars. With $200 million in 1982, he'd have roughly 8 billion dollars, beating his net worth by almost a factor of three.

And that's literally sit-on-your-ass-and-let-the-market-work. Zero effort on his part past putting the money in. Instead, he put in work, and his work did not result in higher-than-index performance for the same amount of input.

RalliKai
Posted on Nov 8 2016, 01:12 PM

IDW Goldmember

The 2000 reference was to make light of the difference in civility surrounding that election and those before it or maybe that's just the difference in how fast information is sent and the ADD mentality today around technology.

Also, just for lulz.

user posted image

xiao
Posted on Nov 8 2016, 01:42 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (RalliKai @ 30 minutes, 5 seconds ago)
Also, just for lulz.

wait wait... who's supposed to be Robo-Hitler & who's gonna chew bubble gum & kick ass while The Rock™ goes crazy-train on Karl Urban in Mars after the God_Mode cheat...? laugh.gif

Edit: I would've totally voted for John Cena if he'd ran for prez ~ wub.gif

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 2688 x 1520. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

This post has been edited by xiao on Nov 8 2016, 01:52 PM
kyonpalm
  Posted on Nov 8 2016, 02:09 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 1 hour, 19 minutes ago)
Yes, I can.

http://fortune.com/2015/08/20/donald-trump-index-funds/

If you use the estimate of $40 million from 1974, he'd have made roughly 4 billion, beating his net worth by at least a billion dollars. With $200 million in 1982, he'd have roughly 8 billion dollars, beating his net worth by almost a factor of three.

And that's literally sit-on-your-ass-and-let-the-market-work. Zero effort on his part past putting the money in. Instead, he put in work, and his work did not result in higher-than-index performance for the same amount of input.

You're assuming he started in 1974 with $40 million magically in his pocket and not whatever-he-had plus his father's loan of $1 million in ~1968. Kinda skipping over a lot of, what's that word, success on the way to that point.

Even if I entertain that idea, frankly the bare fact that he put his money to work in the market for him is smart. And regardless of how much he worked to keep his fortune or how smart he was in doing it, the fact that he maintained his fortune is a marker of success to begin with. People come into large amounts of money all the time, do stupid shit with it and blow it all. Do we have as much money as he does? I don't think so.

Even if you, for some reason, don't count money as a marker of success, then go ahead and look at his real estate empire. Look at all the shit he's built around the world. I don't care how many people's jimmies he's rustled or how many lawsuits he's had, that's all low-blow shit and irrelevant.

QUOTE (RalliKai @ 47 minutes, 1 seconds ago)
The 2000 reference was to make light of the difference in civility surrounding that election and those before it or maybe that's just  the difference in how fast information is sent and the ADD mentality today around technology.

Oh yeah, totally. We've never been as divided sociopolitically as we have been this time around. It's really ugly.
Nomake Wan
Posted on Nov 8 2016, 04:46 PM

ShiMACHaze

The reason for the 1974 number, kyonpalm, is because that's the year his father's company was turned over to his children to be split evenly. It was valued at $200 million. As one of 5 children, that meant he would've had $40 million. This is research you can do just as well as I did, you simply chose not to. It's still money that was handed to him rather than being valued-added by him, which is why it's relevant to the discussion of investing in an index fund.

As for maintenance of his fortune, it's hard to say. I used the rough estimate of his wealth that Forbes and others have put out, but unlike Hillary we don't actually know wha he's worth because even now, on Election Day, he hasn't released his tax documentation. Nor will he if elected, nor will he if not elected. He doesn't want anyone to know, period. That alone tells me he's not as big as his mouth claims he is.

As for his empire, you can sweep litigation under the rug all you want, but litigation is the primary tool with which he has earned dosh. He's been sued plenty for all the skeezy business practices, but he's sued others even more. That guy treats being a plaintiff as a job.

And, finally, using the "you don't have as much money as he does so your opinion is irrelevant" move is ignorant. Neither do you, yet our collective wealth does not somehow keep us from using critical thinking skills and doing research. Nor does the wealth disparity somehow mean that he's successful and we aren't. He came into a lot of money we didn't. If we came into his money, it would be interesting to see who would be 'better' but of course that's all hypothetical. So, since we can't literally come into his money, we can run his money through calculations to see if he did better than the market on its own.

He didn't. So at that point, since he didn't earn as much as the average, did his material assets outweigh the loss he experienced? Perhaps. But perhaps the several lawsuits and debris field of failed ventures would argue otherwise.

RalliKai
Posted on Nov 8 2016, 09:12 PM

IDW Goldmember

So apparently if Trump wins this, Barbra Streisand, Whoopi Goldberg, Miley Cyrus, Amy Schumer, Cher,George Stephanopoulos, and Al Sharpton say they're going to leave the country.

kyonpalm
  Posted on Nov 8 2016, 09:22 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (RalliKai @ 10 minutes, 2 seconds ago)
So apparently if Trump wins this, Barbra Streisand, Whoopi Goldberg, Miley Cyrus, Amy Schumer, Cher,George Stephanopoulos, and Al Sharpton say they're going to leave the country.

The country will be better for it.
xiao
  Posted on Nov 8 2016, 10:32 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (RalliKai @ 1 hour, 16 minutes ago)
So apparently if Trump wins this, Barbra Streisand, Whoopi Goldberg, Miley Cyrus, Amy Schumer, Cher George Stephanopoulos, and Al Sharpton say they're going to leave the country.

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 1 hour, 6 minutes ago)
The country will be better for it.

laugh.gif ~ I liked her better when she was autotuned ~ ♫

YOUTUBE ( https://youtube.com/watch?v=CL8rj1w6P18 )
RalliKai
Posted on Nov 8 2016, 10:43 PM

IDW Goldmember

PA called for Trump. It's basically over.

So much salt on Twitter. laugh2.gif
kyonpalm
  Posted on Nov 8 2016, 11:20 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (RalliKai @ 36 minutes, 13 seconds ago)
PA called for Trump. It's basically over.

So much salt on Twitter. laugh2.gif

All the lib tears on my normiebook are priceless.
kyonpalm
  Posted on Nov 8 2016, 11:55 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 7 hours, 8 minutes ago)
The reason for the 1974 number, kyonpalm, is because that's the year his father's company was turned over to his children to be split evenly. It was valued at $200 million. As one of 5 children, that meant he would've had $40 million. This is research you can do just as well as I did, you simply chose not to. It's still money that was handed to him rather than being valued-added by him, which is why it's relevant to the discussion of investing in an index fund.

As for maintenance of his fortune, it's hard to say. I used the rough estimate of his wealth that Forbes and others have put out, but unlike Hillary we don't actually know wha he's worth because even now, on Election Day, he hasn't released his tax documentation. Nor will he if elected, nor will he if not elected. He doesn't want anyone to know, period. That alone tells me he's not as big as his mouth claims he is.

As for his empire, you can sweep litigation under the rug all you want, but litigation is the primary tool with which he has earned dosh. He's been sued plenty for all the skeezy business practices, but he's sued others even more. That guy treats being a plaintiff as a job.

And, finally, using the "you don't have as much money as he does so your opinion is irrelevant" move is ignorant. Neither do you, yet our collective wealth does not somehow keep us from using critical thinking skills and doing research. Nor does the wealth disparity somehow mean that he's successful and we aren't. He came into a lot of money we didn't. If we came into his money, it would be interesting to see who would be 'better' but of course that's all hypothetical. So, since we can't literally come into his money, we can run his money through calculations to see if he did better than the market on its own.

He didn't. So at that point, since he didn't earn as much as the average, did his material assets outweigh the loss he experienced? Perhaps. But perhaps the several lawsuits and debris field of failed ventures would argue otherwise.

I'd say he's pretty successful now. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Tessou
Posted on Nov 9 2016, 12:33 AM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,263

I am satisfied. My votes ate shit at a state level. Incumbent senators are REALLY difficult to unseat. Nationally, I was part of Iowa moving into the red and handing it to Trump. I don't like him. He's made mistakes and he will continue making them. However, my burning hatred for Hillary could not allow me to vote on her experience nor her proposed policies.

That's all I will say on the subject. Great thread.
kyonpalm
  Posted on Nov 9 2016, 12:35 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (Tessou @ 2 minutes, 4 seconds ago)
I am satisfied. My votes ate shit at a state level. Incumbent senators are REALLY difficult to unseat. Nationally, I was part of Iowa moving into the red and handing it to Trump. I don't like him. He's made mistakes and he will continue making them. However, my burning hatred for Hillary could not allow me to vote on her experience nor her proposed policies.

You helped create what we can only hope will be the biggest system breaker in recent history. Good work.
xiao
  Posted on Nov 9 2016, 12:58 AM

moon bunny

I would've voted Trump if *smurf* wasn't too busy masturbating to photoshoping pictures of xiao all day ~ awesome.gif

Being a Ck gap.com model isn't easy being cheezy my nuggaz~ derp.gif

YOUTUBE ( https://youtube.com/watch?v=rChHh6Ru3UI )

This post has been edited by xiao on Nov 10 2016, 10:23 PM
Saint
Posted on Nov 9 2016, 02:36 AM

The 6th Blameless Shift

Oh man, mah nigga won. Gonna stay tuned for the next few days on YouTube to see burthurt libtards crying in their safe space. :3 It'll be hilarious!

15 Pages  1 2 3 »