Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing Yuzo Koshiro - Get Your Engine Going

Automotive Section Rules
• Scenes depicted in Initial D are strictly fiction. Please follow the traffic rules and drive safely.
• When posting a classified thread, please label it with For Sale (FS), For Trade (FT) or Want To Buy (WTB) in the thread title.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Personal videos of illegal street racing are prohibited. Do NOT brag about your exploits. Posting a video depicting dangerous/reckless driving behavior on your part will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

44 Pages  « 2 3 4 5 6 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 203,025  ·  Replies: 1,081 
> Project.D AE86, Takumi Trueno
Neo Lorrnoke
Posted: Oct 17 2005, 07:01 PM

IDW Banned Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 12,700

Wow. What a surprise. He took it well.
flohtingPoint
Posted: Oct 17 2005, 07:06 PM

IDW Banned Member

Member No.: 1,944

Whats there to take? I've seen dozens of these copy-cat type rides while I was stationed in Japan. Seeing something like this on an ID fanboy board is not suprising in the least.
sideways
Posted: Oct 17 2005, 07:13 PM

We're the People's Front of Judea!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,355

QUOTE (Batmanbeyon @ Today at 7:22 PM)
nice car man i was wandering what kind of #'s that engine gives you compare to a red-top? also what type of suspension do you plan to go with looks stock i could be wrong if so let me know again nice car.

user posted image

Take a closer look just behind and above the wheel wink2.gif
Nomake Wan
Posted: Oct 17 2005, 07:41 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (AP1FrEaKsLiDe @ Today at 9:36 PM)
Guys, just to let ya'll know, it's a Corolla. Not a Trueno... rolleyes.gif

Someone didn't catch the fact that I put Trueno in quotes. XD

Thanks for the answers, TT and Sideways. Much appreciated.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Takumi Trueno
  Posted: Oct 17 2005, 08:55 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 2,098

I dont see why peope are so picky about calling a car a Trueno or Corolla or AE86 or whatever. I switch between each name all day.

If I converted my car from RHD to LHD, would you call it a Trueno or a Corolla? Think about it. Since that is basically what they do in the manufacture.

If you guys want to argue wether it was made in the US or Japan. If my car was made in the US as LHD or made in Japan LHD then shipped. What do you guys think.

Just something for you guys to think about. Lets not get too off-topic. happy.gif

flohtingPoint  Posted on Today at 8:06 PM
  Whats there to take? I've seen dozens of these copy-cat type rides while I was stationed in Japan. Seeing something like this on an ID fanboy board is not suprising in the least.

I believe the keyword is "Japan". Not many private owners have done it in the US. Those that you see online in maybe google are not by private owners and even they I have seen nearly all of them and they are done worse then mine.

This post has been edited by Takumi Trueno on Oct 17 2005, 08:58 PM
Sti_Brumby
Posted: Oct 17 2005, 09:00 PM

Subaru Expert

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,665

Who really cares "what " it is, It's a nice panda 86 that what counts smile.gif
Takumi Trueno
  Posted: Oct 17 2005, 09:08 PM

IDW Goldmember

QUOTE (Sti_Brumby @ Today at 10:00 PM)
Who really cares "what " it is, It's a nice panda 86 that what counts smile.gif

Exactly, Well said Sti_Brumby. wink2.gif
flohtingPoint
Posted: Oct 17 2005, 09:20 PM

IDW Banned Member

QUOTE (Takumi Trueno @ Today at 8:55 PM)
I believe the keyword is "Japan". Not many private owners have done it in the US. Those that you see online in maybe google are not by private owners and even they I have seen nearly all of them and they are done worse then mine.

Hey, thats all well and good. Just know that you're now no longer allowed to call anything is "rice" without calling the kettle "black".

This post has been edited by flohtingPoint on Oct 17 2005, 09:21 PM
solarxclipse
Posted: Oct 17 2005, 10:12 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 10,597

one thing i noticed on your car was youre using a kouki rear bumper instead of zenki rear bumper. are you getting a zenki rear bumper when you get a chance or youre going to stick with what you have right now?

This post has been edited by solarxclipse on Oct 17 2005, 10:13 PM
But she looked 18 of..
Posted: Oct 17 2005, 10:19 PM

I put the F U in FUN

Member No.: 1,546

theres a difference? blink.gif
Takumi Trueno
  Posted: Oct 17 2005, 10:34 PM

IDW Goldmember

Tell me, What is the difference? Assuming your speaking of only JDM bumpers and not the American.
solarxclipse
Posted: Oct 17 2005, 10:35 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 10,597

QUOTE (But she looked 18 officer @ Today at 10:19 PM)
theres a difference? blink.gif

yes. here are some pics to see the difference.
takumi_trueno's car
user posted image
my car with a zenki rear bumper
user posted image

the difference is the lining from the bumper. the kouki one have 3 lining while the zenki one only have one lining.
Batmanbeyon
Posted: Oct 17 2005, 10:50 PM

IDW Supremo Member

Member No.: 3,218

ah lol i didn't look at the pick up close another question is that a shock and sping combo or a coil setup? and would you happen to have any vids of the car would love to hear the engine.

This post has been edited by Batmanbeyon on Oct 17 2005, 11:05 PM
Sti_Brumby
Posted: Oct 18 2005, 02:14 AM

Subaru Expert

Member No.: 5,665

yeah post some vid's would love to hear her scream grin2.gif

This post has been edited by Sti_Brumby on Oct 18 2005, 02:16 AM
Steve
Posted: Oct 18 2005, 06:57 AM

IDW Saiyan

Member No.: 1,205

QUOTE (Takumi Trueno @ Yesterday at 11:55 PM)
I dont see why peope are so picky about calling a car a Trueno or Corolla or AE86 or whatever. I switch between each name all day.

If I converted my car from RHD to LHD, would you call it a Trueno or a Corolla? Think about it. Since that is basically what they do in the manufacture.

It's like putting a Type R Sticker on a Civic with Type R Everything. It still won't make it a Type R. No matter how hard you try. Look at your insurance thing, it's gonna say Corolla. Or like a 240SX owner caling their car a Silvia. It just doesn't work...

This post has been edited by AP1FrEaKsLiDe on Oct 18 2005, 07:01 AM
flohtingPoint
Posted: Oct 18 2005, 07:18 AM

IDW Banned Member

QUOTE (AP1FrEaKsLiDe @ Today at 6:57 AM)

It's like putting a Type R Sticker on a Civic with Type R Everything. It still won't make it a Type R. No matter how hard you try. Look at your insurance thing, it's gonna say Corolla. Or like a 240SX owner caling their car a Silvia. It just doesn't work...

Its falling on deaf ears man, no sense trying to pass the word. Look at the majority of posters in this. Most of them dont post in the automotive section and also would know a camshaft from a crankshaft. All they see is "OMGZ Trueno!!!!111" Just let it be...
Steve
Posted: Oct 18 2005, 07:20 AM

IDW Saiyan

Member No.: 1,205

QUOTE (flohtingPoint @ Today at 10:18 AM)
Its falling on deaf ears man, no sense trying to pass the word. Look at the majority of posters in this. Most of them dont post in the automotive section and also would know a camshaft from a crankshaft. All they see is "OMGZ Trueno!!!!111" Just let it be...

It just bugs the hell out of me. I guess your right though; there's no point in trying. madrant.gif
ams14
Posted: Oct 18 2005, 12:40 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 4,825

I would buy this corolla,cause I like the color. But I'm not paying 2,600 for a 158 000 mi car. My dad bought his 89 corolla for 600 and it runs very good.

Back on what you guys were saying,there a lot of people who don't know the diff between a corolla and trueno. Ever since I showed my friends at my old school Initial D. The think all corollas are "86 truenos" wacko.gif LOL. "Cool Imma take my mom trueno and DRIFT!" one of them said.

Speaking of 86s,I saw a rice out one a few days ago riding with a civic right by him LOL. Huge Wing and stickers all over the place heh.
Takumi Trueno
  Posted: Oct 18 2005, 01:41 PM

IDW Goldmember

I thikn that AP1 and flohting need to actually read and respect the rules. No forcing your opinion on others. Quit whinning.

This isnt a debate. Its a show. If you want to discuss about the different names of cars, make your own thread.
ride4life32
Posted: Oct 18 2005, 02:17 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 9,897

Jesus Crist I dont understand why everyone is nitpickin at Takumi_Truenos car I think it is probably the most tastefully done car I have seen and not to mention he payed for it himself. Why do all of you keep bashing about it I think you guys should just take it for what it is a very nicely done Panda AE86
fear2.gif
Rose Gold
Posted: Oct 18 2005, 02:38 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 11,151

lucky kid
Ayako Watanabe
Posted: Oct 18 2005, 02:40 PM

Living In A Amish Paradise

Member No.: 2,415

QUOTE (ams14 @ Today at 1:40 PM)
I would buy this corolla,cause I like the color. But I'm not paying 2,600 for a 158 000 mi car. My dad bought his 89 corolla for 600 and it runs very good.

Back on what you guys were saying,there a lot of people who don't know the diff between a corolla and trueno. Ever since I showed my friends at my old school Initial D. The think all corollas are "86 truenos" wacko.gif LOL. "Cool Imma take my mom trueno and DRIFT!" one of them said.

Speaking of 86s,I saw a rice out one a few days ago riding with a civic right by him LOL. Huge Wing and stickers all over the place heh.

I *heart* Blue 86, but I prefer a deeper shade of blue.
flohtingPoint
Posted: Oct 18 2005, 03:50 PM

IDW Banned Member

QUOTE (Takumi Trueno @ Today at 1:41 PM)
I thikn that AP1 and flohting need to actually read and respect the rules. No forcing your opinion on others. Quit whinning.

This isnt a debate. Its a show. If you want to discuss about the different names of cars, make your own thread.

No, you need to actually read my post. I was telling him to chill with the name stuff because its a waste of time.
Neo Lorrnoke
Posted: Oct 18 2005, 04:33 PM

IDW Banned Member

Member No.: 12,700

QUOTE (flohtingPoint @ Today at 6:50 PM)
No, you need to actually read my post.  I was telling him to chill with the name stuff because its a waste of time.

Listen, Mr. I HATE INITIAL D AND KIDS WHO CALL THEIR USDM JAPANESE VEHICLES THE NAMES THAT THEIR JDM ALTER-EGOS ARE CALLED, you need to take a good look what you are doing.

1. You are posting on an INITIAL D board.

2. That's it. c'mon do i have to point out how wrong it is for you to wander in here hating on these kids who merely express their fandom for Initial D by slapping on stickers and doodads from the anime onto their own vehicles? Listen - KIDS. Not full grown adults who joined the military, get their ass shipped overseas, go out to get drunk, take apart engines, get drunk, sleep, get relocated to another country, wash rince and repeat till they end up in an actual war and get a bullet in their head.

So relax there. whistling.gif Does it hurt you when someone calls a Corolla a Trueno? If it does, i think you should see a doctor about that. I'm sure that isnt normal.

Also, so what if on the insurance papers it reads "Corolla"? So what if his car isnt a genuine RHD Toyota Trueno? It's Mr. Trueno's car - he deals with it. It's none of your business.

Alright, im done.

Takumi (Mr. Trueno) Trueno, once again, i commend you on your great work on the car. Dont let these lowlives get you down. Same goes to anyone else who puts effort into their cars to get them the way they like them - and hey, call your car whatever you want - fine by me.
Bishop
Posted: Oct 18 2005, 04:42 PM

Kyuuketsuki

Member No.: 11,476

.....Made props on the car thumbsup.gif One question though,do you plan to make it RHD evilbrows.gif ?

44 Pages  « 2 3 4 5 6 »