Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing Fastway - Rockin' Hardcore

Views: 4,522  ·  Replies: 9 
> [FANFIC] Initial Ski: Project D in Zao, Chapter 2 up!: Mystery Abarth! Fiat From Hell!
Drew
  Posted: Dec 21 2007, 05:43 PM

Bought not Built

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 12,733

As promised, here's a possibe new fic nominee from yours truly

Dunno if its too similar to twitchykun's "Love Punch" story,

Kind of a cross between Initial D and a "Tenchi"-esque Tsundere storyline

enjoy!

Initial Ski: Project D in Zao

Chapter 1: The Ski Trip

Thursday, December 14th; 7:35 PM; Zao Touge

"Let's call it a day, Kenta," Keisuke said in the S14 of his friend Kenta, "We've got the footage we need for the uphill and downhill battle next weekend." "You wanna get some food, Keisuke-san?" Kenta asked his mentor. "Eh," Keisuke said, "We could get something on the way back to Akagi; does that sound good?" "Okay, Keisuke-san," Kenta said, turning off the mountain pass and onto the road heading to the expressawy.

"Kenta," Keisuke said, "Have you ever heard the theory of the 'human copy'?" "Yeah," Kenta replied, heading down the freeway at 70 mph, "It's the theory that states that everyone in the world has an exact copy of themselves somewhere. Why do you ask?" "Hey," Keisuke said, looking at a rest stop sign out of the window of the Nissan, "Why don't we stop there?" "Wait," Kenta said, "You didn't answer my question!" Keisuke just ignored Kenta's whining, wondering if she was going to be in Zao.

Friday, December 15th; 5:30 AM; Akagi Rest Stop

"Okay," Fumihiro said into the walkie talkie, "Is everyone ready?" "Good here," the mechanics' van said, "Same here," Fujiwara replied, "AOK," Keisuke said. "Okay then," Ryousuke said, "Let's roll out!" With the cars on the way, Fumihiro got curious about a brochure that Ryousuke had on the dash of the van. "What's this for?" Fumihiro asked his friend about the "Takahashi Zao Ski Resort" brocuhre. "It's where we're staying this weekend," Ryousuke said, "My uncle is the owner, and he needs some help this month, and while that happens, we'll race Zao. Its all paid for, and he'll give us free room and board as long as we help out." "I dunno," Fumihiro said, "Sounds fishy." "It'll be fun!" Ryousuke said, "It's like a relaxing break from racing."

"Takumi," Keisuke said throught he walkie talkie. "Eh?" Takumi replied, "What's up?" "You excited about the ski trip?" "Why wouldn't I be?!" Takumi replied, "I need a vacation!" "Hey," Kenta said, "You never know; there may be some cute girls there!" "Wait," Keisuke asked, "You like girls?" "Why wouldn't I, Keisuke-san?" Kenta replied. "Nevermind," Keisuke said, returning to his conversation with Takumi, "The only downside is that we've gotta work for our stay." "I don't mind," Takumi replied, "As long as I can relax for a bit, I'll be fine."

12:00 Noon, Takahasi Hotel, foot of Zao Touge

"So," a young woman said to the inkeeper at the desk, "You got those Project.D boys coming here, Takahashi-san?" "Yeah," Soujira Takahashi replied, taking a swig of whiskey, "You racing them soon, Tsukiido-san?" "Whaddya think?" she replied, "My GTR V-Spec II is a war machine! Nobody up here's beaten me yet!"

"And you're gonna stay here and check out the competition?" Soujira replied. "Why not!" she said, smiling, "I deserve a break anyawys! Just send my bags up to the usual room!" "Yeah, yeah, whatever," Soujira replied, "Damn, that Tsukii's one hot racer." As he watched Tsukii walk out of the office to her room, he took another swig of hard liquor. She began driving at age eighteen, but she was considered by many to be a savant-like racer, beating everyone who challenged her. Most men on the pass however, only saw her good looks. Her medium length black hair was contrasted severely by her unusually bright blue eyes. She was also taller than many of the girls in the area, and many other of her features (Soujira: Heh-heh) were extraordinary. This gave her an almost instant job as a model. She used this job to move up from her old Mitsubishi Colt Sapporo to her brand-new GTO.

As she walked into her room, Tsukii felt a strong prescence. "It's them." she said. The caravan pulled down the crunchy snow-laden drive and up to the Swiss-styled ski lodge. ""Wow!" Keisuke said, "It's better than it was the last time we were here!" "It's amazing," Takumi thought, "This is gonna be awesome!" "Before we do anything," Ryousuke said, "We've gotta check in with my uncle. Just park the cars in the lot, and meet me at the office."

After everyone was parked, the group walked into the office to see an old and drunken man at the counter. His black hair was slicked back, and his five-o-clock shadow didn't make him look spectacular. "Ahem!" Ryousuke cleared his throat, "Hey, uncle Soujira!" "Huh?" he said, waking from his drunken sleep, "Oh, hey guys. Your rooms are upstairs." He gave Ryousuke the list of rooms and a diagram of the hotel for the first-timers. "Sayota-san will come by and take your bags to your rooms," Soujira said, "Enjoy your stay; tomorrow you begin working."

No more than thirty seconds after Soujira headed to the backroom, an aloof teenage girl walked into the room. She was dressed in a schoolgirl outfit with an apron overtop. Her long brown hair was tied up in a ponytail and her brown eyes seemed nervous and innocent. She seemed very shy, and almost instantly, Kenta wanted to know who she was.

"Why, hello," the young girl said shyly to the group, "D-d'you mind if I take your bags to your rooms?" "Are you Sayota?" Ryousuke asked. "Yessir!' she said nervously while bowing, "Miss Sayota Hintaro at your service!" Kenta was beet red. "C'mon Kenta," Keisuke whispered while nudging his apprentice, "Go on and help her out!" "You think I can do that, Keisuke-san?" Kenta replied quietly. "Why not?" Keisuke stated with confidence, "It's a man's job to help a young woman with the bags!" "Okay!" Kenta whispered, "I'll do it!" "I've got my bags, thanks," Takumi said. "Same here," Fumihiro told Sayota. "Ditto, " Matsumoto stated. "Oh, okay!" Sayota said, "How about your bags?" "I'm fine," Kenta said, "Lemme-" "I got it!" Sayato said, grabbing the three bags and lifting them with ease, "Thank you for your thought, however!" Kenta, in sadness, just bowed his head in sadness. "You'll get your shot," Keisuke said, reassuring his fellow D-member, "We've got an entire month ahead of us!"

As they got situated in their rooms, Keisuke and Takumi joined with Ryousuke to converse over their competition in the coming weeks. "I recieved a tip from Soujira-san that there is a tenant who is watching us and sizing us up before our race in two weeks at Zao." "Who're they?" Takumi asked. "Apparently one of them is driving a Mitsubishi GTO," Ryousuke said. "I bet you if its anyone, Aniki," Keisuke replied, "It's Tsukii-chan. That's the only car she ever wanted when we were kids." "No one's confirmed if it is her or not," Ryousuke said, "But we'll find out over our month stay here. Now why don't you two relax before we begin working tomorrow? We need our drivers in the best shape."

"Who exactly is this 'Tsukii' girl you and Ryousuke mentioned?" Takumi said to Keisuke, getting ready to go to the resort's shuttle bus. "She's an old friend of ours from when Aniki and I used to come up here for summer vacation. We'd always hang around this hotel, go into town, or go to the Zao pass at night. We loved watching the racers every night on the wide turns here. One night, Tsukii-chan saw this guy driving an orange Starion rally car. She had a crush on that driver ever since he beat an RX7. She loved seeing Aniki and I moan and squirm when he beat that Seven. I hate the GTO just as much as the GT-R because of that. Eh, it's all old history now; let's head to the slopes!"

As they walked down the hall, thay passed a beautiful young woman with medium-length black hair, blue eyes, and in a lime-green polo shirt & yellow vest. "Keisuke-chan?!" she said. Keisuke froze. "Shit!" he thought, "She is here!" "I coulda figured it was you and your chickenshit yellow FD out there!" "Who're you calling chickenshit?" Keisuke arrogantly replied, "You're the one too untalented to drive a proper race car!" "What did you say?!" said Tsukii in an angry tone, "I bet you if anything I can still kick your sorry ass!" "You got your ass kicked by a girl?!" Takumi said, shocked and in a somewhat comic mood at the news that gangsta-as-hell Keisuke got beasted by a girl.

"C'mon and hit me!" Keisuke said, "I dare ya!" About a half-second later and twenty feet from the throw laid Keisuke on the wall spread-eagle upside down. "D-damn," he said, stunned, "Forgot about her Judo skills; she's still the same old Tsukii-chan." "And who're you?" she annoyingly said to Takumi. "Don't hurt me!" Takumi said, on his knees, "I'm not against you! I'm just Keisuke's teammate!" "So you're the one Ryousuke told me about!" Tsukii said, turning off the anger and turning on her charm, "You're kinda cute!" "C-cute?!" Takumi said. "You wanna race sometime?" Tsukii said, "Name's Tsukiido Koujima of the Zao Love Weapon team!" "I'm Fujiwara Takumi of Akina," he said, embarassed, "Nice to meet you." They then both walked off to talk for a bit.

Kenta then came into the hallway from his room to see Keisuke's lifeless body on the ground below the crater in the wall. "What the hell happened to you?" Kenta said to Keisuke. "Don't ask," Keisuke stated, getting up, "Did you talk to Sayota-san yet?" "No," Kenta said, "I was actually wondering if you could help me with that Keisuke-san." "Why not," Keiuske told his friend.

This post has been edited by Turbo_Levin_13 on Jan 6 2008, 05:46 PM
Meteor
Posted: Dec 21 2007, 08:40 PM

Were you expecting something else?

Member No.: 20,929

It may share some elements with twitchy's fics. But it's still an original and funny fic.

Please update soon.
pnoytecknix
Posted: Dec 21 2007, 08:57 PM

IDW Special Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,159

pretty good. but since i dont really know much bout other animes it seems suspiciously similar to twitchy's story in some ways. but great job nonetheless. ill be looking forward to your updates.
Drew
  Posted: Jan 6 2008, 05:45 PM

Bought not Built

Okay,

since I didn't get that many reviews, here's a second chapter being posted up.

And the car mentioned; it is made of WIN!

Chapter 2: Mystery Abarth

Saturday, December 16th, 8:00 AM: Takahashi resort

Inside the inn, Souji rounded up the Project D team members. "Alright men," he said, "This will not be fun. Today and tomorrow you will be working, cleaning up the place for the holiday season. I've got a job for each of you, so I expect the best racers in all Japan to work for their stay." "Yessir," the team said, and they went off to work.

A young woman walked into the lobby while Ryousuke was helping Souji with his taxes. "Who's she?" Ryousuke asked about the mystery woman, "Oh her?" Souji replied, stamping his cigarette out in the ashtray, "That's Monoki Sonoda. She comes in on saturdays to play the grand piano in the lobby sometimes." "Oh," Ryousuke said, looking dazed. "You gonna stop googlin'?" Souji said, "These taxes won't pay themselves!"

The girl, about twenty walked over to the piano and sat down. Her silver hair was pulled back by a hairband, and she wore round glasses over her green eyes. She was a virtuouso, playing jazz without any music in front of her, enjoying every moment of it. "She's amazing," Ryousuke thought, "She's got to be a genius." "Hey you," Monoki said, "D'you mind getting me a water?" Ryousuke, like a deer in headlamps, just sat there for a few seconds before he responded. "Me?" he said. "Yeah, you," Monoki replied, annoyed at Ryousuke's lapse of thought, "Now are you gonna get me a water?" "Sure," Ryousuke said, going to the snack bar and grabbing a bottle of water.

Walking over to the piano, Ryousuke noticed that she had a turbo-install manual to a Mitsubishi GTO on the bench next to her. "You race?" Ryousuke pondered, "Me?" Monoki said, "Oh no, I'm working on a GTO." "A mechanic?" Ryousuke said, intrigued and "That's, um, interesting. What do you drive?" "I have an old Mark II I work on occasionaly," she said, "You wanna see it?" "Ryousuke!" Souji yelled, "Taxes high on the priority list for ya?" "I'll see ya when I'm done," Monoki replied. "I'm working all day," Ryousuke replied, "How about tonight at the top of Zao Touge?" "Sure, um, what's your name?" "Ryousuke Takahashi," he said, getting up, "Nice meeting you, uh..." "Monoki Sonoda," she said, smiling as Ryousuke went back to help his uncle

8:30 PM: Zao Summit

The parking lot was filled with racers, waiting for the Project.D team to show up. "Hey, Tsukii-san," a fellow racer said to the GTO driver, "Do you think Absolute Emperor'll show up tonight?" "Nah," Tsukii said, drinking a bottled water, "At least not for Keisuke or Ryousuke. Maybe for that guy in the Eight Six, though; yeah, he'd prove to be a threat." "They're here!" a voice yelled over the walkie talkie, "And they're locked in battle!" "I wonder..." Tsukii thought to herself involving Absolute Emperor. "It's not Kyouichi," Monoki replied to her partner, "Nah, it can only be one person who's that ballsy to take on those guys while they're on the way up here."

The Eight Six came into the lot first like a bat out of hell. "Here's Takumi-san," Tsukii stated, "Where's Keisuke-san, I wonder?" About two minutes later, the support vans came in. "What the hell was that?!" Takumi yelled to the first support van. "I dunno," Fumihiro said, "He was fast as hell, however." "That's one helluva understatement," Keisuke replied, "More like psychotic! anyone who drives like he did in that small of a car has got to be insane." "I see you met our 'Little Italy', Takumi-san!" Tsukii said, waving to Takumi, "It's just you practicing tonight?" "Yeah," Takumi replied, "Keisuke's car's getting a tune-up." "You think that little thing can hold its own through Zao?" a spectator said "I'll try," Takumi replied. "Okay men," Fumihiro stated, "Let's get to work."

Ryousuke walked over to Takumi, who was talking over the battle he had with the mystery car with Fumihiro. "It was like nothing I've ever seen," Takumi stated, "The car must've been half the size of mine, and its engine hatch was opened the enitre battle. I dunno how to say it, but I got beat by it." "I think I know what it might be," Ryousuke replied to Takumi, "It's a Fiat A1100 Abarth." "Abarth?' Takumi said, puzzled, "It's a very rare car indeed," Ryousuke said, "At under 600 kilograms, its 100-horsepower engine can propel it like a motorcycle. I don't know how much horsepower that specific Abarth had, but it was definitely not stock. Don't focus on that, though. You need to get used to the new transmission."

"Transmission?" Takumi thought, completely oblivious to the change to the car. "Yes," Ryousuke replied, "The way we have set up the transmission will allow you to conquer these long straights a lot easier than with the stock unit. With the re-tuned 20V making a 280 horses, and the extra lightening we did last month, I predict that this car can accelerate to 100 kph at a rate as fast as Keisuke's FD. WWe also think it can top 240 in fifth gear." "So if I undertstand this," Takumi stated, "My Eight Six can hold its own on the straightaway now?" "Precisely," Ryousuke said, "It will take some getting used to however," Ryousuke mentioned, "Run at seventy-five percent instead of eighty for the first two runs up and down to get used to the settings." "Understood," Takumi stated, getting into the war-battered panda-colored Trueno, turning on the engine lights and then heading off into the night to practice.

"So Keisuke-san," Tsukii said, "What exactly are you doing to the FD?" "We're just adding an extra gear," Keisuke replied, "It'll give it an unmatched top speed for the long straights of Zao." "Feh," Tsukii replied with disgust, "Just like you were in the good ol' days; spending shitloads on the cars, and not enough on the skills. In Zao, you have to work in an older car before driving anything more advanced. Right now, Takumi-san's a braver soul than you are. Anyone still running that machine's not afraid of theirt masculinity at all." "What're you saying?" Keisuke said, annoyed, "That I'm compensating for something else?" "Uh-huh!" Tsukii said, with a smile on her face, knowing how angry Keisuke was getting, "As I recall, the ladies who stayed at the hotel called you 'Six-minute Keisuke'. Didja forget that, Keisuke-san?" With his head down in shame, he walked back to the van in shame whilst mumbling obscenities in anger and humiliation.

While this was going on, and Takumi was locked in his runs, Ryousuke was getting to know Monoki better. "So," Ryousuke said, "You go to where again?" "Oh me?" Monoki siad, "I'm in the local Zao University. I'm right now working for my doctorate degree in aerospace engineering. I designed Tsukii's new widebody--damn!" "What?" Ryousuke said, knowing the secret was leaked. "The widebody thing wasn't supposed to be mentioned until the race day in two weeks," Monoki said, embarassed, "I'm right now earning school money by working in Tsukii's cousin's garage. I'm mostly body and suspension, but one of the engine designers said he'd show me the ropes in engine building." "That's why you had those manuals for the GTO," Ryousuke said, noticing that Takumi had just pulled in fromnother run, and was waving the team over.

"He's back again!" exclamated Takimi, "That Abarth thing!" "What did I tell you, Takumi?" Ryousuke said, angered. "It was coming up on me like a bat outta hell." Takumi said, shaking, "That driver has got to have some sort of deathwish to be driving that fast." "I hope ya know that your opponent is that Abarth, Takumi-san!" Tsukii said, "It's ranked as the fastest downhill car up here every night, and is as fast in speed trials at track days." "Where was he heading?" Ryousuke replied, "Uphill?" "No," Takumi stated, "He was going at it with another driver on the downhill," Takumi recalled, "There is definitely some intense skill up here. It's going to be one helluva challenge." "If you're still okay," Ryousuke said, "Complete ten more runs tonight; the last one will be the diagnostics check for the possible tune-up that'll be installed." "Understood," takumi said, re-starting the car and rushing down the pass.

"Fumihiro," Ryousuke said, "Phone for the other car." "Yessir," Fumihiro said, dialing a number and heading away from the crowds trying not to draw attention. "What other car?" Keisuke replied. "I've got a special ride for Takumi this week that I want him to run," Ryousuke said, "It's a special car that used to run in the Group B rally class in the 1980s. Hopefully Takumi can adapt quickly enough to run it in Zao."
RickyDGreat
Posted: Jan 6 2008, 06:37 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 4,705

good stuff keep it going fear2.gif
Meteor
Posted: Jan 6 2008, 07:07 PM

Were you expecting something else?

Member No.: 20,929

One nice update. And I'm looking forward to more.
red comet 7
Posted: Jan 7 2008, 02:50 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 24,875

for some reason im guessing this car...user posted image

Lancia Stratos.

Am I right?!?

or this one...user posted image

nissan micra...

oh, and why would the mod the eight six, if they're just gonna put him in a different car anyway?

This post has been edited by red comet 7 on Jan 7 2008, 03:01 PM
RickyDGreat
Posted: Jan 7 2008, 03:45 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 4,705

QUOTE (red comet 7 @ Today at 2:50 PM)
for some reason im guessing this car...user posted image

Lancia Stratos.

Am I right?!?

or this one...user posted image

nissan micra...

oh, and why would the mod the eight six, if they're just gonna put him in a different car anyway?

my guess the car is just for this race so they would still need to keep improving the 86, just my .02cents fear2.gif
Drew
  Posted: Jan 7 2008, 06:34 PM

Bought not Built

QUOTE (red comet 7 @ Today at 5:50 PM)

Well, that's because racing's all about experimentation; Ryousuke wanted to see if the new six-speed would improve times, but he wants to try another route that might improve Takumi's chances.

First off, think of Zao, that is if you played Kaido Battle 3; Zao has the longest straightaways of any course in the game.

Now while Takumi runs the downhill, there are still points where he needs to hit a tremendous top speed to keep up with the Abarth; the power-to-weight should be around the same amount. I'm not saying the Eight Six'll be dumped, but it needs to sit out if Takumi'll be competitive.

Finally, why am i getting so involved with the storyline; I already know what's going on.

Here's a shot of the Abarth that Takumi'll be racing against (not mentioning the driver yet; let's just say its a character whom was already introduced).

user posted image

This post has been edited by Turbo_Levin_13 on Jan 7 2008, 06:36 PM
red comet 7
Posted: Jan 7 2008, 08:13 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 24,875

hotel owner dude...forgot his name...yeah.
lol