Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing (Final Stage) Nuage - Crazy Little Love

11 Pages  1 2 3 4 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 30,505  ·  Replies: 259 
> [FANFIC] The Angel of Akina, A fanfic
kita
Posted: Jun 5 2006, 12:41 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,224

ahh nice. keep up the good work. i wonder how hott miya is? lmao idk...... just a thought
Boob*
Posted: Jun 9 2006, 01:12 AM

R.I.P My Evo III

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 17,176

Its getting exciting... I like it!
SpiritRacer
Posted: Jun 9 2006, 05:44 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 16,013

This is great and maybe if he writes enough we can pass the time before more Initial D. Well maybe not that much time but it is a start maybe we will get more fan fiction form other Initial D lovers i paln to finish one of my own after my summer term of college.
Renzeiken
  Posted: Jun 11 2006, 09:14 AM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 18,032

Author's Note: Sorry for the really overdue update guys. I've been fixing papers at school so I haven't had time to go online lately. But I promise ill update frequently once classes start once more. Which is... two days from now. I really hope you people wont find this update dissapointing.

Chapter 4: Opportunity

Two cars charged into Akina’s downhill, the leading car, a red roadster that was unleashing all it had. The other, an old white Trueno, rapidly cutting into it’s opponent’s lead with little effort on the driver’s part.

“She’s… interesting.”

Keisuke turned to look at Takumi in disbelief. “You think she’s interesting.”

Takumi nodded in response, keeping his face straight and his eyes on the road. “She’s fast, there’s no doubt about it. But I don’t think she has what it takes.”

“What does she lack?” Keisuke asked, baffled at his fellow racer’s assessment of the girl who nearly defeated him.

Another hairpin corner came into view, and this time, Takumi wasn’t tailing the lead car, he turned the car to the inside lane showing no signs of slowing down. “She doesn’t want to become faster.” He said before flooring the gas pedal, initiating what was to be another hallmark drift, one which sent the car drifting to the outside for the briefest periods of time before it came back inside -- all this with little breaking, minimal counter-steering and no down shifting involved.

Goosebumps came crawling all over the young Takahashi’s skin again. Driving aggressively wasn’t anything new to him, in fact, it was his niche. But once again Takumi had put him to shame. The maverick driver’s technique was reckless, almost suicidal. Keisuke couldn’t have taken that turn without downshifting and breaking, but this guy could pull of maneuvers only someone with balls made of steel could manage. What scared Keisuke was that this guy didn’t even break a sweat doing that.

He’s in a class of his own…

That was the thought going through Keisuke’s mind. Already, they were bumper to bumper with Miya’s roadster and still Takumi’s face showed little interest. After all, he was only using one hand.

“How the hell is he keeping up with me?!” Miya grunted as she forced the car into another slide, as she called it. She prided herself in being the fastest downhill driver on Akina, but this guy, with an obviously obsolete car was on her ass giving her no breathing room at all.

After a mild turn, the two cars were heading forward into a long straight at which there were a series of five consecutive corners later on. She knew that if there was anywhere she could shake this guy off, it would have to be here.

Miya entered the first corner aggressively. Her roadster sent plumes of dust into the air as it drifted through the turn, behind her, the Trueno was keeping the pressure up. Another three more corners and both cars were still bumper to bumper. Miya thought that this was her last chance so she positioned her car for another haphazard entry when the Trueno came charging forward, its engine roaring to life.

Miya looked at the rearview mirror for a second and felt her blood turn cold when she saw what the guy was trying to do.

“Don’t come any closer! We’ll both die if you do that!” she said in a voice that was barely a whisper.

Oblivious to Miya’s concern, Fujiwara initiated his signature move. The gutter hook trick which earned him his legendary reputation on Akina, only this time, his car was so close to the gutter and railing that Keisuke thought the AE86 would clip the guardrail for a fleeting moment. A fleeting moment, that was all it took him to take the lead.

“If you want to be the fastest, you can’t allow yourself to think of what could go wrong.” Takumi started. “I see an opportunity and that’s all I see, nothing more.” Takumi said, taking the can of coffee from his cup holder and downing it as his car veered to outside lane of another sharp turn.

“So you think her problem is that she probably still wants to live.” Keisuke said, his face going pale.

Fujiwara grinned and shifted his gear up for the last stretch of the race. “You saw how often she used her breaks and how many openings there were in her driving line.”

Keisuke sighed and looked at the rear-view mirror. It was a long straight, but even then, the Panda Trueno was obviously pulling away, leaving the red roadster and its turbo-charged engine further behind. “I think you should slow down a bit.”

“Is something wrong Keisuke?”

“I can’t see her car in the rear-view mirror anymore.”

Takumi looked at the rear-view mirror to find only empty road and the clear blue sky.

~+~

Miya Takeuchi pulled over at the parking lot of a small convenience store at the foot of the mountain. She sat in the driver’s seat trying to shake off the last ounces of adrenaline coursing through her system. Upon turning off the engine, she quickly unfastened her seatbelt and got out of the car to get some fresh air to clear her head.

“You’re fast.” Takumi said, greeting her as he came to her from where he parked his car.

“Uh… Thanks.” Miya said, brushing away the strands of hair on her face. “You were too.”

“Not really… I didn’t actually put my all into that race.”

“Really?” she gushed in surprise and wonder. He had driven flawlessly as far as she was concerned but he was saying that that wasn’t his limit? She was driving with everything she had and he left her in the dust. Pride wounded, the teenager decided to change the topic. “Uhm… Where is Keisuke?”

Takumi had his head bowed down and stuffed his hands in his pockets. “In the store, he’s buying some smokes.”

“I see.” she said, biting her lower lips.

“I have a question for you.”

“Hmm?”

Takumi started scratching his nose. “Do you want to be faster?”

kita
Posted: Jun 12 2006, 02:59 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 17,224

right on. i like the way this story is heading, yessah first 2 comment after the 4th chapter =)
matt
Posted: Jun 12 2006, 03:37 PM

Team Drift Speed/ Trueno Force

Member No.: 11,652

seems interesting
pnoytecknix
Posted: Jun 12 2006, 04:46 PM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 17,159

^^^i agree... its very interesting

takumi is kinda remindin me of ryosuke when he was tryin to get takumi on the team...

?wha?
Posted: Jun 12 2006, 05:08 PM

In sexy black'n gold :D

Member No.: 5,914

haha.... *she cant progress cause she wants to live?*

good stuff mate smile.gif
caos950042
Posted: Jun 12 2006, 08:24 PM

~A grunt in the Game called Life~

Member No.: 14,415

He had driven flawlessly as far as she was concerned but he was saying that that wasn’t his limit?

There's still the Blind Attack. grin2.gif
SKYLINE_32
Posted: Jun 12 2006, 08:40 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 12,232

this is great work man. keep it up. try get the next chapter soon!
Fong
Posted: Jun 13 2006, 02:19 AM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 4,360

He was almost about to drift off into sleep...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh man, awesome. Keep up the good work

ADDED: I really like your style when writing, it really follows the flow of the anime and sneaks in some modified quotes. You've really nailed the characters (as flat as they can be sometimes) and gave light to them. Hardly something easy to do when converting manga/cartoon to text. Couple small crits though

1. Isn't Takeuichi also the last name of Itsuki? Am I seeing a plot twist I'm not supposed to?

2. In some places it can be a bit "wordy" for story about rough and tough street racers. Maybe I'm over emphasising the characters who use "omai" for you and "ore wa" for me. But I expect them to be a lot more informal in the eyes of native Japanese people. It shows most when "Ryosuke returns to his condominium".

Otherwise, the story flows awesome and sticks to the style Shuichi Shigeno has created over the 4 stages.....

Drift off to sleep. Classic!

This post has been edited by Fong on Jun 13 2006, 02:30 AM
Taku_E70
Posted: Jun 14 2006, 12:00 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 6,100

Why does Project D need a new driver though. Something I just dont get, but really a amazing fanfic.
?wha?
Posted: Jun 14 2006, 03:34 AM

In sexy black'n gold :D

Member No.: 5,914

she's a girl
kinda like kyoko and mako and sayuki, you need some estrogen to dilute the racetrack every once in a while tongue.gif
nikos
Posted: Jun 14 2006, 04:23 AM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 15,234

Maybe Takumi is going to leave Project D, and they are looking for a replacement.

But, there it is -

TAKUMI RULEZZ!
KEISUKE DRULEZZ!!

LOL

It´s a nice fan history, but its all about the same topic: person that doesnt understand cars and makes deliveries ( blink.gif Pizzas!? blink.gif ) and becomes the fastest.

But it doesnt undervalue your work and imagination. Keep it up! happy.gif
Tomiya Takato
Posted: Jun 14 2006, 04:59 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 11,663

nice story man i love it do more i would like to read it before stage 5 came out
coolblue
Posted: Jun 17 2006, 08:41 PM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 8,350

Awesome update man!! Can you please.gif keep it coming? It helps to stave off the side effects of this drug called Initial D! grin2.gif fear2.gif
CaTALYsT
Posted: Jun 19 2006, 08:27 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 18,475

Hey mate, Just signed up on IDW today. I'm a long time fan of Initial D but I've always been on my own with it. This site is a haven for me to express my feelings about the series and discuss it. And your writing is simply amazing. There are famous authors whom I rarely read their works because of their writing style, but yours is excellent. Please, keep it coming. And you should get a copyright/patent/trademark or however you claim a writing, because this is Class A stuff!
SpiritRacer
Posted: Jun 19 2006, 11:17 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 16,013

That would be cool if he could but S.S> hold the intelectual rights to the characters of initial D and would kind of be in trouble for it. But if he were to change the characters and make a whole new story then we might be talkin. But exe. story man keep up the good work u should send it to his offices and see what happens maybe he might read it
Spirit_R
Posted: Jun 19 2006, 05:16 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 5,221

I really like it so far.

You're good, keep it up !
Smiley_DC2
Posted: Jun 19 2006, 06:18 PM

Akagi's LanEvo Killer

Member No.: 1,751

This is really good!

Please continue!! wink2.gif
Aerys
Posted: Jun 19 2006, 07:25 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 18,373

Very nice work but I hope you don't mind a few comments since I saw a major plot hole that should be fixed.

On chapter 2 "Miya says that she doesn't know anything about cars" so who does the maintenance? We all know a car tuned for racing can't just be taken to any garage and with that aggressive style of driving just the replacement of tires will be important so if she's does not know squat about cars she should have a "family member" or "friend" that maintains the car or much better she herself know something of it other than just saying the car was given to her by a rich uncle.
Renzeiken
  Posted: Jun 20 2006, 04:38 AM

IDW Senior Member

kita: I'm glad you like it.
matt: hopefully, I can make it more intresting that this.
pnoytecknix: That was what I was going for.
?wha?: Thanks smile.gif
caos950042: Lol. Yeah, that and a whole lot more.
SKYLINE_32: Sorry that the chapter came out VERY late.
Fong: Takeuichi is the surname of Itsuki.
Taku: Hopefully, your answers will be answered by the following chapters.
nikos: Yeah, the plot does sound more than a tad cliche doesn't it? I'll try to remedy it.
Keisuke 63-887: I'll try to write up more.
coolblue: I'll try. Hopefully, I find time to write more.
CaTALYsT: Uhm... I don't think I write all that well. I have a long way to go still.
SpiritRacer: I have no plans of making original fiction yet so... *shrugs*
Spirit_R: I hope you like the newer chapters.
Smiley_DC2: I will smile.gif
Aerys: i'll see if i can attend to that matter you pointed out

Author's Note: Sorry if I haven't updated in ages. I caught a nasty fever and for some reason, I couldn't log-in using my account when i was using mozilla. Anyway, this update will be incredibly short but another one will follow in the next (hopefully) few hours. I hope you guys aren't mad at me and I'm suprised and glad to see that a lot more people have read my fanfic. ermm2.gif

Chapter 5: Reasons

“Itsuki… are you alright?” asked a worried Iketani.

Itsuki Takeuchi had his back on the hood of his Levin, on his forehead was a towel soaking wet from water. Turning to face Iketani, he removed the towel on his face and gave a half-hearted “I’m fine…” as a reply.

“You’ve been late recently and it isn’t looking good with the boss.”

“I’ve been staying up late lately.” The youngest driver of Akina’s Speed Stars team rubbed his temples and exhaled. “I’ve been practicing.”

Surprised Iketani sat beside his subordinate, wondering what had possessed the normally laidback driver to sharpen his skills. “I don’t mind if you push yourself, but don’t do anything dangerous.”

Itsuki stared at a cloudless sky and watched a sparrow passing by. “Do you know how far Takumi has gone now?”

“I’m not sure, but everything I’m hearing is good. He’s beaten another undefeatable team again… At least that’s the rumor going around.”

Itsuki’s lips curled into a smile. “It’s definitely not a rumor, at least when it concerns Takumi.”

The older man laughed knowing that it was true. “He’s gotten so far in such a small period of time hasn’t he.”

A frown flittered across Itsuki’s face. “That’s what worries me actually.”

“Why?”

“I don’t want to be left behind anymore…”

Iketani looked at the normally reserved Itsuki, wide-eyed. “You really mean that?”

“I’ve been practicing, after work for everyday, ever since Takumi left with Project D and I can finally drift without using the handbreak.”

“With the Levin?!” asked a genuinely shocked Iketani.

Itsuki grinned. “Yeah. But it’s nowhere near Takumi’s drift, I can drift, but I’m not actually shaving off seconds from my Time Attacks.”

“But it’s an improvement! Maybe more than that!” Exclaimed Iketani, obviously impressed at the change in the young driver’s attitude and dedication to road racing. “I’m really impressed Itsuki, you did good.” He said, placing a hand on the younger racer’s shoulder.

“I actually needed your help with something.”

“My help?”

“I finally saved up enough money to get a new car!”

“A new car?”

~+~

‘Do you want to be faster?’

Miya stared thoughtfully at the sky, wondering what that question may have really meant for her. She gave her head a little shake and gave Takumi her answer.

“I don’t know…” she said. “I think racers are cool and everything, but to be one myself? I haven’t ever thought about the possibility before actually.”

“I felt that way a year ago, before I joined Ryosuke’s expedition team, before I realized that I actually enjoyed driving.”

“What do you mean by: before I realized that I actually enjoyed driving?”

A hint of a smile mad formed on the young racer’s lips. “Actually, there’s a reason I sought you out.”

“A reason?”

“I’m not really good at words but… You see, you and I are very much alike.” He paused, apparently struggling to put his thoughts into words. “The circumstance which brought us to drive are the same, we both honed our skills the same way and… I think you do want to be faster.”

“I don’t know… I’m just not convinced that I want too… Besides, you’re a far better driver than I’ll ever be… What does Ryosuke really want from me?”

“I’m not going to be in Ryosuke’s team for much longer.”

“How come? It seems like you love driving.”

“That’s the point. Some higher-ups from Toyota heard of my whereabouts and exploits… They want me to join a team they’re forming that’s going to compete in the WRC.”

“What’s the WRC?”

This post has been edited by Renzeiken on Jun 20 2006, 07:10 AM
Renzeiken
  Posted: Jun 20 2006, 06:54 AM

IDW Senior Member

Chapter 6: Repercussions

“What the f**k do you think I’m playing at here?!” came the booming voice of one Maaya Arashi.

“W-We didn’t think that the rumors were true!”

Furious, the famous Hashiriya threw a well-aimed punch at her subordinate’s face sending him staggering backwards with a bloody nose. Maaya was known for two things, her short temper and her almost godlike skill with the clutch. The twenty three year old had single-handedly formed a racing organization the likes of which has never been seen since the MidNight club, and so far, it seemed like nothing could stop her.

That was until she received news that an old Trueno from an upstart touge racing team by the name of Project D had somehow defeated one of her aces, Toru, who was driving a heavily tuned Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution no less. It was an embarrassing loss, and it was one that would put a dent in her plans if she couldn’t set things straight as soon as she could.

“Get me all the information you have on this rouge team.” she said. “And get the crew to work on my car. I need it up and running by tomorrow.”

Toru bowed quietly and quickly bolted out room.

Maaya wedged a cigar between her lips wondering what her next plan would be. She knew that once the Yakuza who had been funding her team got wind of this news, they would be reluctant in betting on her team.

And then there was that mysterious hachi-roku.

Staring outside the window, the seemingly endless stream of red and yellow lights moved seamlessly through Tokyo’s many highways. Maaya exhaled a breath of smoke into the air and found herself wondering... “What kind of monster is under its hood…?”

~+~

A knock from the door and Keisuke invited himself inside his older bother’s room.

“Ryosuke?”

The older Takahashi looked up from his computer to find Keisuke at the doorstep, panting with a seemingly worried look on his face.

“Is something wrong, Keisuke?”

He nodded gravely. “Some of my old friends confirmed the news, one of the racers we defeated the other day came from a Yakuza funded racing team. They’ve been snooping around the Kanto area for information about us as of late.”

Ryosuke closed his laptop shut, taking a whiff from his hot cup of coffee. “I had already anticipated that such a thing would happen.”

“What should we do then?”

“Nothing.” He said, smiling.

A dumfounded Keisuke shook his head, fuming. “Nothing?! But, they’ll find us!”

“Precisely.” Ryosuke stood up and walked up to the balustrade. “I’m betting that they want a re-match, they won’t resort to violence because they want an audience to witness our defeat – which is of course, impossible.”

“Aren’t you being a little too confident brother?”

“I’m not being overtly confident.” He said. “There are only a handful of racers in Japan who have the skill to defeat our team, and none of them have ties to the Yakuza.”

“I see… Anyway, Takumi convinced Miya to join the team – on one condition.”

“A condition?” he asked, his tone betraying his interest.

“She wants to be able to leave the team anytime she wishes too.” Keisuke told him.

Rubbing his chin thoughtfully, Ryosuke grinned. “I have no problems with that. More importantly, I have something I have to attend to.”

“I’m coming with you then.”

“No, this is something I can do by myself.” He stated. “Besides, you’d probably just get bored.”

Shrugging his shoulders, Keisuke left his brother alone and made a few phone calls to some old friends. Even though Ryosuke was almost always right, he wanted to make sure than when push came to shove, Project D would have some sort of protection.

~+~

It was just a little past six when a white mazda FC came to a halt just outside a small nondescript Tofu shop in a backwater town in Akina. Ryosuke Takahashi stepped out of the car and peered inside the store’s windows for any signs of movement. Seeing nothing, he invited himself inside and rang a bell and soon enough, an old man with an unshaved face came trudging down the stairs with both hands in his pocket and a lit cigar in his lips.

“Excuse me… But are you Bunta Fujiwara?”

The old man turned to face Ryosuke, eyes still adjusting to the bright light coming from the windows. “Yeah, that’s me.”

“I’m Ryosuke Takahashi.”

Bunta scratched the side of his face. “Hmm… I’ve heard a lot about you.”

“I have a favor to ask from you.”

“A favor?”
thrett
Posted: Jun 20 2006, 01:03 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 18,478

good shit my man
notenufsleep
Posted: Jun 20 2006, 04:07 PM