Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 3 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - Take Me Higher

Anime and Manga Forum Rules
• Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
• Use the Search function or read the Index of All Threads before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal or actual warning (if this rule is violated repeatedly).
• Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.
• Discussion of yaoi/yuri is permitted, however, posting any sexual content and material is strictly prohibited and will result in an actual warning.
• Please use spoiler tags when addressing a spoiler. Violating this rule may earn you a verbal warning. Please read this thread for more information on how to use spoiler tags.
• Please ensure that when posting images that the images are at a reasonable resolution (i.e. 640 x 480 and below) or that you use a thumbnail to link to the original sized image.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

26 Pages  « 3 4 5 6 7 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 89,836  ·  Replies: 648 
> Evangelion
haspieuw
Posted: Sep 6 2006, 11:54 AM

IDW Lurker

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 2,006

perhaps to relive the serie ???
but its a good thing that the staff are the same
BOZZ
Posted: Sep 6 2006, 05:23 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

Well it's going to be something similar to Zeta: A New Translation... tongue.gif
haspieuw
Posted: Sep 7 2006, 02:16 AM

IDW Lurker

but there will be a new animations
i wonder how the story will go
?wha?
Posted: Sep 7 2006, 03:57 AM

In sexy black'n gold :D

Member No.: 5,914

hey bozz, it aint showin the images, cause you hotlinked them. dyou have he site?

and btw, what exactly ARE they doing??
Mdnite
Posted: Sep 7 2006, 06:41 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,191

By the looks of that new 01 a giant penis extension!
BOZZ
Posted: Sep 7 2006, 07:38 AM

QUOTE (?wha? @ Today at 7:57 AM)
hey bozz, it aint showin the images, cause you hotlinked them. dyou have he site?

bROCKoLEE
Posted: Sep 8 2006, 09:01 PM

whut?

Member No.: 6,453

QUOTE (?wha? @ Sep 7 2006, 09:57 PM)

I was under the impression that they gonna re-do the whole Eva series into like a 4 part movie or something like that. Don't quote me on that though, since immas still abit unsure as well tongue.gif
BOZZ
Posted: Sep 8 2006, 10:02 PM

Well some sources say it won't be re-creation of the original, so it could end up being very different, hopefully it won't end with some happy happy ending like the Zeta movie trilogy did.
bROCKoLEE
Posted: Sep 8 2006, 10:53 PM

whut?

I reckon if they take out all that angst in this new eva, they're probably be better off doing the spin-off manga in that alternate universe... i dunno just my 2 cents that's all.

This post has been edited by bROCKoLEE on Sep 8 2006, 11:15 PM
Chidoki
Posted: Sep 9 2006, 12:22 AM

Fictional Compiler

Member No.: 3,699

QUOTE (bROCKoLEE @ Yesterday at 11:53 PM)
I reckon if they take out all that angst in this new eva, they're probably be better off doing the spin-off manga in that alternate universe... i dunno just my 2 cents that's all.

That idea has been running around my mind for a manga take to ba animated quite awhile too. I won't say that will ever happen of coarse but any rebuild for the series I'll be there. 4-part supposedly? yay...um yeah whatever...yay.

EVA is still extremely popular especially by the undying cult following so any rebuild or whatever is like something that came out unexpectedly by popular demand perhaps. grin2.gif
BOZZ
Posted: Sep 9 2006, 09:38 AM

Although it would be interesting to see that manga (I take it you're referring to the one which is more love story than mecha story, I just can't remember the name ATM) animated it might just have some concepts incorporated, one rumour has it that Rei Ayanami might be more animated (as depicted in the recent Newtype with her and Kaworu on the cover).

One thing to consider is that most of the seiyuu originally involved with the series are now retired, with the exception of Rei's Megumi Hayabishira who apparently is in a constant state of retired-unretired-retired-unretired. One blogger suggested, if they're making Rei more animated, who other than Aya Hirano to take up the voice of Rei... tongue.gif
xkhol
Posted: Sep 9 2006, 11:06 AM

>_>

Member No.: 1,958

Is EVA worth watching aside from it being the archetype for several anime? sleep.gif
I hear very mixed reviews. And I hear its emo... ><
Chidoki
Posted: Sep 9 2006, 12:08 PM

Fictional Compiler

Member No.: 3,699

QUOTE (xkhol @ Today at 12:06 PM)
Is EVA worth watching aside from it being the archetype for several anime? sleep.gif

It all depends on you...the anime is considered a classic and a benchmark of what future animes will become during 1995. So yeah it may or may not be anything new to you but it's still not your typical anime because it's very very very psychological or even controversial because of the very talky but deep thoughts and stuff like that that makes you think hard about.

It's not for everyone but it's become one of those animes that for some reason has become sort of like a requirement to see because it still has a lot of original and very unpredictable scenarios. The quality may seem a bit outdated in terms of anime drawing at first but not really, everything else is never outdated. Many have tried to make an anime more controversial or better than Eva, but almost all of them if not all of them were never successful.

The last episodes and the movie are some of the most violent you'll ever see.
bROCKoLEE
Posted: Sep 9 2006, 08:08 PM

whut?

QUOTE (xkhol @ Today at 5:06 AM)

I'd say it is. But then again different people, different standards. But yea if you wanna watch go ahead and find out for yourself if its worth watching or not, then you can go spread the word to others wink2.gif
DrunkByGreenTea
Posted: Oct 1 2006, 09:06 PM

IDW's Know It All

Member No.: 5,846

anyone kno where to dl?
haspieuw
Posted: Oct 3 2006, 07:36 AM

IDW Lurker

QUOTE (DrunkByGreenTea @ Oct 1 2006, 10:06 PM)
anyone kno where to dl?

direct download on
http://realitylapse.com/index.php

or watch it on youtube
there are also death and rebirth
DrunkByGreenTea
Posted: Oct 4 2006, 04:03 PM

IDW's Know It All

Member No.: 5,846

bah....doesnt work for me...

that sucks...
BOZZ
Posted: Oct 22 2006, 01:26 PM

"Tonight we met up with Evangelion Producer Toshimichi Ootsuki in Akihabara. According to Ootsuki-san the “contents” for the “1st part” of the new Rebuild Of Evangelion movies is now complete. The animation staff is also very close to being fully assembled. Building on past hints (the cover image of the October, 2006 issue of Newtype Magazine) Kaworu Nagisa and Rei Ayanami will be central characters in this new story. The theme of the “first part” movie will feature the characters in a school setting prior to the arrival of the angels."

- Source: Kurogane's Anime Blog
haspieuw
Posted: Oct 22 2006, 04:04 PM

IDW Lurker

^^

i wonder if the seiyuu for Kaworu is still the same one as the original
if thats so ... GO ATHRUN !!! biggrin.gif
BOZZ
Posted: Oct 22 2006, 04:09 PM

Probably will be, Akira Ishida still does voice acting... tongue.gif
twitchykun
Posted: Oct 27 2006, 06:39 AM

F*ck land I'm on a boat Motherf*cker!

Member No.: 20,454

QUOTE (haspieuw @ Oct 22 2006, 04:04 PM)
^^

i wonder if the seiyuu for Kaworu is still the same one as the original
if thats so ... GO ATHRUN !!! biggrin.gif

Haha, Athrun.

If that was the case, Asuka, Rei, Misato, and all the girls would be all over Kaworu. Then Cagalli would hop in Akatsuki and regulate.
Metamorphic
Posted: Oct 27 2006, 03:03 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 4,338

LOL I watched the English version before the Japanese version but have to say this dub was of a VERY high standard! LOL I still prefers Spike's voice to Shinji's original seiyuu and his Cantonese counterpart
bROCKoLEE
Posted: Oct 27 2006, 08:28 PM

whut?

^ yea same here i first watched eva dubbed (thanks to SBS of course) and still prefer it dubbed even to this day. I don't maybe it just grew on me or something, but the dubs for eva were in no way close to bad, infact they were really good imo.

But either dubbed or subbed, I'm really aniticapting this new 4 part Eva movie that should be coming out pretty soon, i think sweatingbullets.gif

This post has been edited by bROCKoLEE on Oct 28 2006, 12:10 AM
BOZZ
Posted: Oct 27 2006, 08:48 PM

Hmmm... I don't think I could ever enjoy the Evangelion English dub considering who voiced Shinji...

Either way I've started watching the series now, never did see it completely before...
BlastorBlade
Posted: Oct 27 2006, 09:13 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,098

I always thought that Evangelion's English dub was perhaps the best dub ever done - well, since the Pioneer dubs of the early 90's, at least. The exception of Shinji, of course, and once I heard his Japanese seiyuu, I couldn't watch the dub anymore.

I'm looking forward to the new 4-part OVA or whatever it is. It'll be nice to see what Anno really wanted the series to be, rather than just dragging the viewing public into his personal battle with (and interpretation of) depression.

26 Pages  « 3 4 5 6 7 »