Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 3 unique listeners, playing Mega NRG Man - Burning Desire (New Generation Remix)

Anime and Manga Forum Rules
• Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
• Use the Search function or read the Index of All Threads before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal or actual warning (if this rule is violated repeatedly).
• Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.
• Discussion of yaoi/yuri is permitted, however, posting any sexual content and material is strictly prohibited and will result in an actual warning.
• Please use spoiler tags when addressing a spoiler. Violating this rule may earn you a verbal warning. Please read this thread for more information on how to use spoiler tags.
• Please ensure that when posting images that the images are at a reasonable resolution (i.e. 640 x 480 and below) or that you use a thumbnail to link to the original sized image.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

4 Pages  1 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 16,494  ·  Replies: 99 
> Nisemonogatari, formerly the "Bakemonogatari - Ghostory" thread
BOZZ
Posted: Nov 4 2009, 10:00 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,414

So apparently the 2nd volume of the Blu Ray discs for Bakemono sold an excess of 39, 000 copies making it the best selling Blu Ray TV anime ever... It is only surpassed by Evangelion 1.11 for all anime Blu Rays sold.
[ Mizerok ]
Posted: Nov 5 2009, 09:03 PM

I Fabrikat w3rDs!!!

Member No.: 1,237

NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW
NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW

Bloody brilliant show by the way. Actually reminds me that I need to reDL most of the episodes and take some caps for signatures biggrin.gif

The Blu-ray edition of Bakemonogatari’s second volume has sold in excess of 39,000 copies, making it the best selling Blu-ray TV anime ever, and the second best selling Blu-ray anime of all time, easily beating K-ON! and only surpassed by Evangelion 1.11.

Including normal DVD sales of 18,731, the volume has managed a staggering 58,000 copies sold. The first volume, which itself managed at least 56,000 copies, seems only to have whetted the appetites of fans…

Shaft, already rather notorious for airing incomplete episodes of the series, has made good its implied promises of a completed DVD release – below you can see a comparison of the two editons, with the BD/DVD version on the left:

Source: Sankaku Complex

This post has been edited by [ Mizerok ] on Nov 5 2009, 09:59 PM
BOZZ
Posted: Nov 5 2009, 09:20 PM

Ummm, which is what I said above your post?
Nappy Hared Azn
Posted: Nov 5 2009, 09:31 PM

Darling, won't you ease my worried mind?

Member No.: 1,828

I'm kinda torn on whether or not I want to download the blu-rays. On one hand, it'll have all of the animation fixes. On the other hand, it'll take up a lot of space.

Also, I'm totally OCD when it comes to uniformity, so if I do things a certain way for one thing (downloading blu-rays for Bakemonogatari), then I'll have to do everything else the same way (downloading blu-rays for every series). Ugh... I mean, I probably won't actually download blu-rays for everything just because I did it for Bakemonogatari, but it'll sure as hell feel weird. I guess I could justify it by only downloading blu-rays from Shaft...
BOZZ
Posted: Nov 5 2009, 09:32 PM

QUOTE (Nappy Hared Azn @ 1 minute, 10 seconds ago)
I'm kinda torn on whether or not I want to download the blu-rays. On one hand, it'll have all of the animation fixes. On the other hand, it'll take up a lot of space.

Also, I'm totally OCD when it comes to uniformity, so if I do things a certain way for one thing (downloading blu-rays for Bakemonogatari), then I'll have to do everything else the same way (downloading blu-rays for every series). Ugh... I mean, I probably won't actually download blu-rays for everything just because I did it for Bakemonogatari, but it'll sure as hell feel weird. I guess I could justify it by only downloading blu-rays from Shaft...

Well there are still some of those "Numbered Cut" stills even in the BD releases... at least in episode 1...
Nappy Hared Azn
Posted: Nov 5 2009, 09:38 PM

Great, now I'm getting this tight "OMFG I need to have everything!" feeling in my chest which is seriously distracting me from stuff I need to take care of. I guess I'll have to download the blu-rays after all. I'll deal with what I'm going to do about everything else later.
[ Mizerok ]
Posted: Nov 5 2009, 09:59 PM

I Fabrikat w3rDs!!!

Member No.: 1,237

QUOTE (BOZZY @ 39 minutes, 25 seconds ago)
Ummm, which is what I said above your post?

Yes you did, but having a source for something is better then just saying anything. Although I believe you to be a truthful person when it comes to things not involving your everyday life.

@ Nappy: I usually feel the same way. But when it comes to other series, so long it's in the proper definition, I don't mind too much for the source.
bROCKoLEE
  Posted: Nov 7 2009, 08:23 PM

whut?

Member No.: 6,453

As long as I'm not staring at giant blurry blocks of grain I'm happy. Not like i actually have a screen large enough to enjoy Blu-Ray quality at its finest anyway. tongue.gif

Apart from Sport I think animation is probably the 2nd best media to benefit from Blu-Ray and HD quality. The extra definition you get just makes normal TV shows and Movies seem a bit... 'too real' for my liking. Like... it's so real that it starts to feel fake instead... =/
I dunno, maybe I'm just weird like that haha laugh.gif
Nappy Hared Azn
Posted: Nov 8 2009, 06:49 PM

Not a huge fan of the low resolution web quality, but I did miss Bakemonogatari. A lot.

I also missed Koyomi's unveiled attraction to much, much younger girls.
BOZZ
Posted: Nov 8 2009, 10:56 PM

Heh, the one thing I do wonder is when the second season rolls around whether they'll delve into more detail about the main character and potentially give his sisters more screen time.
bROCKoLEE
  Posted: Nov 9 2009, 03:51 PM

whut?

There's 2 more books with three more stories left that they havn't animated. 1 is the prequel and the other 2 are about his sisters.

The authour is also currently writing another two more stories which we should see by 2010.

This post has been edited by bROCKoLEE on Nov 9 2009, 03:53 PM
BOZZ
Posted: Nov 9 2009, 09:34 PM

Very nice... I am definitely looking forward to another season...
Nappy Hared Azn
Posted: Nov 12 2009, 11:59 AM

How frequently are they streaming new webisodes?
BOZZ
Posted: Nov 12 2009, 06:00 PM

I haven't seen anything about the date... sad.gif
bROCKoLEE
  Posted: Nov 22 2009, 08:37 PM

whut?

Annnnd still no word on eps 14... =/

There was a slight Bakemonogatari catchphrase drop in eps 7 of Seitokai no Ichizon though if it's was worth anything (it was worth quite a big laugh for me to be honest laugh.gif) lol =P

This post has been edited by bROCKoLEE on Nov 23 2009, 04:14 AM
BOZZ
Posted: Nov 22 2009, 09:26 PM

Someone over on /a/ had mentioned that Shaft was going to air the episodes in February 2010.
Nappy Hared Azn
Posted: Nov 22 2009, 09:39 PM

What? WHAT?!?!?!?!

This is an outrage. Seriously.
bROCKoLEE
  Posted: Nov 23 2009, 04:13 AM

whut?

lol, it's /a/. It's probably just some random dude trying to stir stuff up lol.

Although seriously speaking i am kinda half expecting them to do something along those lines, or atleast to be airing the episodes rather close to when the DVD's themselves are released. Buuuuut that's just me speculating and spouting weightless stuff lol =P

This post has been edited by bROCKoLEE on Nov 23 2009, 04:17 AM
BOZZ
Posted: Nov 23 2009, 05:44 AM

Well I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be true in the end... sad.gif
bROCKoLEE
  Posted: Dec 3 2009, 07:25 PM

whut?

Vol 3 is out and sales are still continuing strong as ever. The rest of the volumes however have been delayed by a month lol =P
BOZZ
Posted: Dec 7 2009, 02:51 PM

Weren't they supposed to come out this month?
bROCKoLEE
  Posted: Dec 7 2009, 07:23 PM

whut?

The 3rd and latest DVD volume, Suruga Monkey came out sometime near the end of November. The rest of the volumes were all suppose to come out at monthyly intervals after but they've all been pushed back a month.

So this is what the schedule looks like now:

Vol 4 - Nadeko Snake: January 27.
Vol 5 - Tsubasa Cat 1: February 24.
Vol 6 - Tsubasa Cat 2: March 24.

Still no official word on the 'webisodes' yet. But one of the lead actresses, Chiwa Saito (Hitagi Senjougahara) did say that she received the scripts for eps 14 just yesterday.
BOZZ
Posted: Dec 8 2009, 04:40 AM

Oh, I just remembered when watching episode 13 there were a lot of commercials for the new DVDs and for some reason I kept thinking they were coming out around December (more than 1 of them at least).
Nappy Hared Azn
Posted: Feb 26 2010, 02:01 PM

Episode 14 is out, BTW.
Drew
Posted: Mar 8 2010, 01:33 PM

Bought not Built

Member No.: 12,733

Ha anyone licensed this yet?

Just finished ep. 12 and now I'm more motivated then ever to get a GF.

4 Pages  1 2 3 4