Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - Romancing Train

Anime and Manga Forum Rules
• Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
• Use the Search function or read the Index of All Threads before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal or actual warning (if this rule is violated repeatedly).
• Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.
• Discussion of yaoi/yuri is permitted, however, posting any sexual content and material is strictly prohibited and will result in an actual warning.
• Please use spoiler tags when addressing a spoiler. Violating this rule may earn you a verbal warning. Please read this thread for more information on how to use spoiler tags.
• Please ensure that when posting images that the images are at a reasonable resolution (i.e. 640 x 480 and below) or that you use a thumbnail to link to the original sized image.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

7 Pages  1 2 3 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 15,632  ·  Replies: 159 
> Shagukan no Shana
BOZZ
  Posted: Sep 20 2006, 03:24 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,414

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n147/de...n0120060920.gif

I'm genuinely surprised that no one, neither me nor Nomake Wan, created a thread about this cute series. Especially considering its link to The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi.

Shakugan no Shana, just like the afore mentioned Suzumiya Haruhi, is based on a series of novels written by Yashichirou Takahashi and illustrated by Noizi Ito. Noizi Ito just so happens to be the illustrator of the Suzumiya Haruhi novels!

The story consists of Yuji Sakai, an ordinary Japanese high school boy who inadvertently becomes involved in a perpetual war between forces of balance and imbalance in existence, and befriends a fighter for the balancing force, whom he takes to calling Shana.

The world suddenly freezes in time, leaving Yuji to watch in horror as blue flames engulf the people around him. Soon a monster resembling a large doll appears and begins sucking the flames into its mouth, until it notices Yuji. Surprised with Yuji's unsusceptibility to the time-stop, it jumps with glee.

Just as the monster prepares to consume Yuji, a sword-wielding girl in black attire with flaming red eyes and hair that burns like embers appears, swiftly and confidently destroying the monster, before noticing Yuji moving freely. The girl calls herself a "Flame Haze" who hunts the "Denizens of the Crimson Realm" and the "Rinne" they send to do their bidding.

Shana's fight is actually a long-standing struggle between the Lords and Denizens of the Crimson Realm. The Denizens steal Power of Existence, the energy that forms the basis of the world, from living people and utilize it for their own selfish ambitions. Lords are the mortal enemies of Denizens, and utilize Flame Hazes to attempt to retain balance. Thus, the Flame Hazes create Torches in the image of the dead in order to relieve the strain on reality resulting from the actions of the Denizens.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Sep 21 2006, 10:36 AM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

Come on now, I did make a rather detailed post in the "What Anime are you currently watching?" thread and linked an AMV for Shana in the Videos thread... XP

Since the summary's already been given, I'll just say what I feel about the series. It's amazingly well-done in both animation and plot, and is enjoyable whenever I load it up. Shana actually reminds me of my sister, and she gets a kick out of the series too. XP Personally, I can't get enough of Shakugan no Shana. And since the DVDs are all out in Japan... perhaps I'll make a few AMVs of my own for it...

If you haven't seen this series, and/or you need a loli to slap you in the face and remind you about how insignificant you are on this planet, pick up Shakugan no Shana.

DVD Volume 1 is available in the US now, and volume 2 is scheduled for November.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
haspieuw
Posted: Sep 21 2006, 10:46 AM

IDW Lurker

Member No.: 2,006

well i think this pic is related .. isnt it ? laugh.gif

user posted image
Nomake Wan
Posted: Sep 21 2006, 01:38 PM

ShiMACHaze

Aah, photoshop. Yes, that's Shana-tan in a Haruhi outfit. XP

Shana-tan is hilarious.
BOZZ
  Posted: Sep 21 2006, 01:51 PM

Apparently both a movie (2007) and a new OVA (apparently called Shakugan no Shana Special: Love and Outdoor Hot Spring Tutorial!) will be coming out soon!

Has anyone watched those little specials with Shana-tan? They're great!
bROCKoLEE
Posted: Jan 6 2007, 11:16 PM

whut?

Member No.: 6,453

BUMP!

OVA was out a few days ago... have yet to watch it. But will do so ASAP! XD

Also seems like the Shana movie might just be based the 1st couple of episodes of the TV series, I hope not, that would totally blow imo sad.gif
I'll try and see if i can find a source to confirm it...

This post has been edited by bROCKoLEE on Jan 6 2007, 11:19 PM
BOZZ
  Posted: Jan 7 2007, 11:31 AM

Oh man, a remake? That would suck, I was hoping the movie would continue the story!
bROCKoLEE
Posted: Jan 7 2007, 06:59 PM

whut?

^ Yea same here, i just hope there's enough new material in it to atleast keep you entertained though... =/

Also just saw the OVA and it's pretty funny. Not much screentime for the usual characters though aka Shana and Yuji. But plenty of Ogata though, as the OVA is basically centered around her XD
BOZZ
  Posted: Jan 8 2007, 10:45 AM

Yeah, I read about that in a blog recently. I haven't gotten around to seeing the episode yet though...
BOZZ
  Posted: Apr 1 2007, 12:34 PM

user posted image

Looks like there is going to be a new series starting up now... ><
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 1 2007, 02:02 PM

ShiMACHaze

I... don't even know what to say. Nanoha gets a new series, Shana gets a new series, Hellsing gets a new series, Wangan gets a series...

It's like all the good stuff is just gonna keep on coming. crying2.gif Bravo, Japan! Bravo!

...reminds me, I should finish watching Shana... shifty2.gif
BOZZ
  Posted: Apr 1 2007, 02:09 PM

LOL... That you should, I need to finish the OVA... >< Rie Kugimiya FTW!
bROCKoLEE
Posted: Apr 1 2007, 11:36 PM

whut?

w00t2.gif ZOMG! This is awesome! XD

I did a bit of research and it looks like it'll broadcasting fall 2007. Which is a good thing as it isn't too far away smile.gif

Now I was a bit late to the party with the 1st season, but i know sure that ain't happening again this time around happy.gif
haspieuw
Posted: Apr 1 2007, 11:43 PM

IDW Lurker

Member No.: 2,006

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Today at 2:02 PM)
I... don't even know what to say. Nanoha gets a new series, Shana gets a new series, Hellsing gets a new series, Wangan gets a series...

It's like all the good stuff is just gonna keep on coming. crying2.gif Bravo, Japan! Bravo!

...reminds me, I should finish watching Shana... shifty2.gif

but in the goddamned world no new serie for Haruhi

conspiracy i tell you dry.gif

anyways i found the first season okay
it wasnt too bad but Shana is too cute with melon bread
you just cant ignore her laugh.gif
BOZZ
  Posted: Apr 1 2007, 11:53 PM

Well for those who didn't see season 1 I think you can get away with watching the movie, which chronicles the first season of the TV series.

This means more of Rie Kugimiya, heck 2 shows with her and Satoshi Hino in one season... That is FTW!
Lebon14
Posted: Apr 6 2007, 06:36 PM

🎧

Member No.: 18,005

Hey guys, I'm listening to it rite now. It's a very good anime with nice graphics and a very good story. I'm not finish yet... so keep secret the rest of the anime. For the OVA & The movie, I want to have some comments on it before listening.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 6 2007, 06:41 PM

ShiMACHaze

I finished watching the series already, but haven't seen the OVA yet. The movie is just a rehash of the series from what I heard, so I don't think I'm gonna watch it. I'm just waiting for the sequel series to come out already.

BTW, I wish I had been involved with the dub. I would have loved to have done the voice for the Seeking Professor. He's so hilarious!
BOZZ
  Posted: Apr 6 2007, 07:41 PM

Well it could be like the Air movie... tongue.gif

I am going to check out Shana OVA though, after I finish all of Nanoha tonight. (btw have u seen the Shana-tan eps?)
bROCKoLEE
Posted: Apr 6 2007, 07:58 PM

whut?

lol, shana-tan was absolutely hilarious, uruchai, uruchai, uruchai lol laugh.gif

The OVA is more of a one-off episode, where the gang just have fun at the hotsprings during a school trip. I think it fits in somewhere between eps 13 and 14? =/ Don't quote me on that as my memory is abit hazy, but it's still very light-hearted from i could recall , although maybe not as funny as the shana-tan episodes though lol tongue.gif
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 6 2007, 08:09 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (BOZZ @ Yesterday at 11:41 PM)
Well it could be like the Air movie... tongue.gif

I checked out the promo video for the movie, though... and it doesn't even look like the animation has changed any. It literally looks like it's just a motion picture adaptation of the Anime. The only thing I wonder about is which enemies got cut out, or what scenes got removed.
BOZZ
  Posted: Apr 6 2007, 08:10 PM

Well we just have to wait and see if it is any different... ><
bROCKoLEE
Posted: Apr 6 2007, 08:16 PM

whut?

Yea true, only time will tell now i guess. But aslong it isn't as painful as something like Shuffle! Memories than i'm happy lol =P

This post has been edited by bROCKoLEE on Apr 6 2007, 08:24 PM
BOZZ
  Posted: Apr 7 2007, 12:11 AM

QUOTE (bROCKoLEE @ Yesterday at 11:16 PM)
Yea true, only time will tell now i guess. But aslong it isn't as painful as something like Shuffle! Memories than i'm happy lol =P

S:M wasn't too too bad, but they could have more Sia, more Sia is win.

On the Shana movie:

The news that an animated film was to be made was after the ending credits of the last episode of the anime series. The movie will be released in Japanese theaters on April 21, 2007.[9] The movie is not a sequel to the anime, but is an adaptation of all the events in the first novel, and therefore a veritable remake of the first six episodes. However, it is expected to contain events that were not in the anime series.

This post has been edited by BOZZ on Apr 7 2007, 02:50 PM
?wha?
Posted: Apr 11 2007, 01:53 AM

In sexy black'n gold :D

Member No.: 5,914

now how the hell did i miss this? :/

shana was definately worth going around scratching for dd.... toook me AGES to find sites (PM me if you need a really good one).

the movie is a rehas of the first 8 eps i think, and just involves shana kicking major tomogaran arse biggrin.gif which in all essence is good. I like how they managed to open-end the series, and yet keep all the juicy plotlines going
Lebon14
Posted: Apr 11 2007, 02:54 AM

🎧

Member No.: 18,005

Well, I finished the anime too the other day and I must say that it is a VERY good anime. Everything was good : suspense, story, side-stories etc. I know there will be a second season just to look at the end. Will there be really a second season? For that I don't know but I hope there will be.

7 Pages  1 2 3 »