Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 8 unique listeners, playing Mike Freeman - What Is Real

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

ยป FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 4,608  ·  Replies: 11 
> power output of cars?, title
shadow196
    Posted: Oct 11 2014, 08:37 AM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 44,816

i wanna know whats the power output of god foot's gtr, keisuke's fd shinji's 86 and go hojo's nsx. this is coz i want to build these cars and test them out in tokyo xtreme racer drift 2. thanks all!! smile.gif
Tessou
Posted: Oct 11 2014, 08:55 AM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

Shinji's 86 is stock as far as I can remember.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Meteor
Posted: Oct 11 2014, 10:45 AM

Were you expecting something else?

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 20,929

^It actually is modified. The manga shows it clearly having a roll cage in some panels.

As for power outputs though, I'm not sure Shigeno ever specified them for any of these cars. Maybe the specs for God Foot's R34 and Keisuke's late-Fourth Stage FD are listed in some official material somewhere (since I remember reading something along those lines once), but for all those other cars you'll probably just have to guess.

If it helps: the NSX is apparently N/A, given that Kubo makes a big deal about the FD's turbo power being rougher on the tires, so I guess you can try going for the highest power output the game will allow without a turbo (assuming the tuning system in that game works that way). Shinji's 86 is also probably running more than 150 hp to make it competitive against Project D's 86 (and probably isn't turbocharged either).
AGuywithanAE86
Posted: Oct 11 2014, 07:54 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 41,461

From what I remember, Shinji's Mom mentioned his dad drove the car when he rallied it before he died. It sounded like a 16V in Final Stage, and there wasn't a turbo wastegate going off, so it's N/A. Who knows, it can get awfully pricey pumping up a 4-AGE to 150 horsepower. It probably had more than that though since from what I recall a stock AE86 can only take around 140 horsepower before the chassis needs to be beefed up to compensate, which would explain the roll cage.

I wished Shigeno at least put power output before races like he used to before Project D started :\
Gunma's 34
Posted: Oct 13 2014, 12:33 PM

The R34's chosen one

Member No.: 27,787

QUOTE (AGuywithanAE86 @ Oct 12 2014, 11:54 AM)
From what I remember, Shinji's Mom mentioned his dad drove the car when he rallied it before he died. It sounded like a 16V in Final Stage, and there wasn't a turbo wastegate going off, so it's N/A. Who knows, it can get awfully pricey pumping up a 4-AGE to 150 horsepower. It probably had more than that though since from what I recall a stock AE86 can only take around 140 horsepower before the chassis needs to be beefed up to compensate, which would explain the roll cage.

I wished Shigeno at least put power output before races like he used to before Project D started :\

Power wise, the true output of a stock AE86T is at 125-130hp; the latter at an average and at most readings. With the full rally works, we're seeing somewhere around 160-180 if we are to consider power increase at least from filters, ECUs, and exhaust systems. Like we've all mentioned though - no aspirations installed so power shouldn't be as high as what we'd expect.

Hoshino's has somewhere around 500~550 horsepower as far as we recall during fourth stage. It's a GT-R afterall, it's bound to make some crazy power. I'll make a safe bet that Keisuke's FD is somewhere below that; on hard-tune I'm thinking around 400-450hp; same case with Go Hojo's NSX given that is the ideal maximum output of NSX's, slightly higher though.

-------

Since we're on the topic of TXRD2, it is possible to recreate their engine outputs without necessarilly maxxing out all stats / adding bolt ons. Other than Hoshino's R and Go's NA1, best to keep the others with the L-type muffler (low RPM range) to prevent the tacho from going wild. For touge runs, no tunes above stage 3 should be used for balanced outputs and easy sim control.
DamienWolf
Posted: Oct 13 2014, 09:37 PM

Not Without Incident

Member No.: 22,878

I had some tokyopop comics of 1st stage and I think I remember Keisuke mentioning that his FD is at around 300 or 350. I remember this as he was talking to Ryosuke who mentioned he had to "decrease" his HP to be ready for his race with Takumi. But this was Red Suns time.
BOZZ
Posted: Oct 13 2014, 10:12 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

QUOTE (DamienWolf @ 34 minutes, 19 seconds ago)
I had some tokyopop comics of 1st stage and I think I remember Keisuke mentioning that his FD is at around 300 or 350. I remember this as he was talking to Ryosuke who mentioned he had to "decrease" his HP to be ready for his race with Takumi. But this was Red Suns time.

Pretty sure the bit about Ryosuke is also in the anime in his preparation for the race against Takumi.
Tessou
Posted: Oct 13 2014, 11:13 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

They made it well known that Keisuke was throwing down 350hp in First Stage. After that, I don't recall hp figures stated out loud.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Banken
Posted: Oct 14 2014, 03:08 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 22,465

There are very few solid numbers mentioned after the first couple volume of manga... if memory serves. Other than whats-his-face mentioning his 2WD R34 has 400 hp, and Wataru saying his new supercharged engine has roughly 200 HP.

Power is irrelevant on the touge, which is entirely about weight and cornering speed (at least in real life). Especially if you're going downhill (which no one does in real life because it's stupid).

This post has been edited by Banken on Oct 14 2014, 03:09 AM
Gunma's 34
Posted: Oct 15 2014, 10:47 AM

The R34's chosen one

Member No.: 27,787

QUOTE (Banken @ Oct 14 2014, 07:08 PM)
There are very few solid numbers mentioned after the first couple volume of manga... if memory serves. Other than whats-his-face mentioning his 2WD R34 has 400 hp, and Wataru saying his new supercharged engine has roughly 200 HP.

Power is irrelevant on the touge, which is entirely about weight and cornering speed (at least in real life). Especially if you're going downhill (which no one does in real life because it's stupid).

Atsuro Kawai(i) you mean?

On Wataru's end, wasn't that like a risky move for him on the hillclimb? Or was it ideal, given that it was raining and its to prevent massive wheelspin from behind during the rain?

Offtopic but related question - The route of Round 2 of the Saitama Alliance race, was the hillclimb steep at all and where was it held again? As far as I remember, it's not at Sadamine... was it?
Falbere
Posted: Oct 15 2014, 04:35 PM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

Group: IDP Admin
Member No.: 43,254

It is either not mentioned, or it is Shomaru pass. Don't remember anything else
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
sprinter_tsuchiya
Posted: Oct 18 2014, 04:04 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 34,206

The round #2 of the Saitama Alliance battles was held at Maze touge according this usefull Google Maps:
http://goo.gl/maps/9BnBc

This post has been edited by sprinter_tsuchiya on Oct 18 2014, 04:05 AM