Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 2 unique listeners, playing Black Power - Destination Love

Important Rules
• Please do NOT post any torrents and/or links to pirated copies of games here. Violator will be issued a verbal warning or an actual warning.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Any kind of discussions related to ROMs, WAREZ and methods of copying copyrighted materials are prohibited in this section of the forums.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 5,520  ·  Replies: 30 
> Nintendo 2DS, Because turning the 3D off on your 3DS is too hard.
Phantom_R32
  Posted: Aug 28 2013, 11:40 AM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,277

On paper it actually sounds like a great idea. It's a 3DS without the stupid 3D gimmick, and it's priced at $130. The problem? The design is downright awful.

user posted image

I'm actually considering getting one. Only because I'm hoping that it flops and will have limited production like the Gameboy Micro. That way it will be worth some money down the road.
Nerubian
Posted: Aug 28 2013, 11:50 AM

Living in the woods when it's raining in the dark.

Member No.: 36,931

The touchscreen should have become the same size as the top screen. I wonder why it isn't collapsible like all other DS too? It looks a bit like a slice of toast. Also, "2DS" is a weird name because "DS" means Dual Screen.

This post has been edited by Nerubian on Aug 28 2013, 11:59 AM
The Invoker
Posted: Aug 28 2013, 12:00 PM

IDW Senior Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 41,855

QUOTE (Nerubian @ 10 minutes, 31 seconds ago)
The touchscreen should have become the same size as the top screen. I wonder why it isn't collapsible like all other DS too? It looks a bit like a slice of toast.

I don't see where they we're going with this design it looks so awkward. couldn't they have just kept the 3D's design and removed the 3D functionality. But for that price being able to play the new smash bros is pretty rad grin2.gif

This post has been edited by The Lonely Driver Colm on Aug 28 2013, 12:04 PM
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Aug 28 2013, 01:09 PM

Patient Zero

Member No.: 37,947

I read about it this morning. I was really hoping that it was a joke. But it looks like its really happening. I kinda want to get one for the novelty of it, but at the same time I don't want it because I already have my special edition Zelda 3DS. I remember when the DSi came out. I wanted one really badly, but back then I didn't have a source of income or a disposable budget. Then the 3DS came out and I have since hopped on that bandwagon. I might get it if the price ever drops below 100 but I'm not going to hold my breath for that.

Congratulations Nintendo for finding more ways to milk money out of people. laugh2.gif
N643
Posted: Aug 28 2013, 08:18 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 28,448

in other news, ppl are now playing the same game on the 3ds but with the 3d feature turned off & this console is pointless

jbeavis100
Posted: Aug 28 2013, 11:28 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 38,847

I'm honestly flabberghasted by this. To me this just makes no sense whatsoever. I mean I see what people are saying about it to justify it and I just don't agree. I got my 3DS and immediately got things like DOA and Ocarina of Time 3D and those games are incredible with 3D. DOA's cutscene's would certainly lose a bit of oomf without it. I still find this hard to believe.
RalliKai
Posted: Aug 29 2013, 05:47 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 3,607

If they simply made a 3DS without the 3D feature (collapsible screen) I'd be interested in this but people are on the mark on the awkward and bad design.
JKaiba
Posted: Aug 29 2013, 10:29 AM

Alias The J'

Member No.: 16,596

I can think of two games off the top of my head that require the player to fold the system closed to get through a puzzle/quest.. does that mean those games are now unbeatable on this? I wonder if they built a workaround.

This post has been edited by JKaiba on Aug 29 2013, 10:29 AM
Phantom_R32
  Posted: Aug 29 2013, 02:49 PM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

^I'm sure they would fix some things. Especially since games can be updated and patched.

As for the design, that's the only reason I'm not getting one. I would've traded in my original 3DS for one if it looked like a 3DS. I'm sure it probably has better battery life than the 3DS too.

This post has been edited by Phantom_R32 on Aug 29 2013, 02:49 PM
W.A.R
Posted: Aug 29 2013, 03:33 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 11,318

Nintendo IMO should just stop and do what Sega did and just be on other consoles facepalm.gif I just dont see any reason to buying this let alone getting a Wii U.

Hey its $50 cheaper, but I still would not buy it nothing good and dont say smash brothers its fun but its no street fighter.
The Invoker
Posted: Aug 29 2013, 06:53 PM

IDW Senior Member

QUOTE (W.A.R @ 3 hours, 19 minutes ago)
Nintendo IMO should just stop and do what Sega did and just be on other consoles facepalm.gif I just dont see any reason to buying this let alone getting a Wii U.

Hey its $50 cheaper, but I still would not buy it nothing good and dont say smash brothers its fun but its no street fighter.

I agree the only reason gamers buy the Nintendo consoles is for the Nintendo exclusive games. Often thrid party support for their systems is weak, in theory what you're saying would be a great idea but I think they still make a large profit from selling their own system.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-07-...mal-wii-u-sales

What they should do in my opinion is focus more and their portable systems because that's what seems to be bringing in the most profit and let's be honest the have a unofficial monopoly in hand held video game systems. I mean vita... come on, I'd say the only thing they have to compete with are ipads and smart phones.
Phantom_R32
  Posted: Aug 29 2013, 07:48 PM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

QUOTE (W.A.R @ 4 hours, 15 minutes ago)

I don't think they should be on other consoles, but I do think Nintendo should just stick to portable systems. The 3DS and its games sell like hotcakes compared to everything else in the gaming industry.
N643
Posted: Aug 29 2013, 08:48 PM

IDW Prime Member

not gonna lie, every once in a while nintendo comes up with crap that is completely useless

just like the:
gameboy light (same thing as the gameboy pocket)

gameboy play it loud (its just had different colors)

gameboy advance (to me it was a wide version of game boy color)

gameboy sp

gameboy micro (that was the biggest fail every by nintendo)

dsi (its just the same thing with a camera in it)

& also the join venture with chinas i-que (aka IQ), at 1st i thought it was a rip off of nintendo

these were all person opinions, there all just my 2cents
Phantom_R32
  Posted: Aug 29 2013, 09:41 PM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

I agree on most of those except the Advance and Advance SP. The GBA was an entirely new system compared to the color. New console generation, new hardware, new games. I loved my SP. I liked the design a lot more compared to my original GBA. Although the GBA was more comfortable to hold for long gaming sessions.
Archbishop Banana
Posted: Aug 29 2013, 09:55 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 41,506

Good luck trying to shove that 2d square in your pocket.
Drift Dude
Posted: Aug 30 2013, 11:45 AM

That guy from Belgium

Member No.: 24,995

user posted image

Soon to come, Axe handle addon!
W.A.R
Posted: Aug 30 2013, 12:39 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 11,318

QUOTE (Nakazato @ Yesterday, 9:55 PM)
Good luck trying to shove that 2d square in your pocket.

There will be a pocket version troll.gif

I still think you cant compare how good nintendo was back then.

Gameboy advance and pocket and color yes they are good, but what Im thinking is about now in this day and age I dont see them ever being the new hot thing anymore they will slowly just die out.
Archbishop Banana
Posted: Aug 31 2013, 02:36 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 41,506

QUOTE (W.A.R @ Yesterday, 2:39 PM)
There will be a pocket version  troll.gif

I think the pocket version is the 3ds.

This post has been edited by Nakazato on Aug 31 2013, 09:45 PM
MidnightViper88
Posted: Aug 31 2013, 08:38 PM

Ballistic heartbreak

Member No.: 1,034

This would be cool and all as a sort-of full-sized, plop-on-the-table-and-set-it-as-a-dedicated-console, if I could be guaranteed that even without any moving parts that the facing can't be smashed to fucking bits on accident.
Spaz
Posted: Aug 31 2013, 08:44 PM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

It's a pricepoint thing, that's it.

From a business sense, it makes sense. The 3DS isn't the cheapest thing on the planet and nobody uses the stupid 3D feature, so why not produce something cheaper that plays the same games that is set to release around the holidays?

I won't lie, the design is dumb, but for the love of god stop it with the "herp derp pointless" posts, because it fills a spot in the market for Nintendo that is otherwise unfilled.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
N643
Posted: Aug 31 2013, 09:11 PM

IDW Prime Member

then just make the games avalible for the old ds (if possible)
Shirogane
Posted: Sep 1 2013, 01:05 PM

SCREEEEEEECHING INTENSIFIES

Member No.: 17,722

QUOTE (N643 @ Yesterday, 10:11 PM)

Uhh, what?

And I could see this being a modest, if not neutral success for people who are cash-strapped. Sony knew this, and the MSRP for the Vita dropped.
The Invoker
Posted: Sep 2 2013, 01:02 PM

IDW Senior Member

QUOTE (N643 @ Aug 31 2013, 09:11 PM)

Making a whole new system makes them more money in this case.

I agree with Spaz, this isn't pointless I haven't bought a 3DS yet because I think it's overpriced for what it is. In most cases 3D is just a gimmick, this 2DS on the other hand offers me a new portable system that I can still play most of the games on minus the 3D feature.

This post has been edited by The Lonely Driver Colm on Sep 2 2013, 01:02 PM
Nerubian
Posted: Sep 2 2013, 01:37 PM

Living in the woods when it's raining in the dark.

Member No.: 36,931

I heard it isn't collapsible because it was designed for young kids (under 7 years) which could destroy the hinges. It also features a thicker protection glass of the screens.
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Sep 2 2013, 03:42 PM

Patient Zero

Member No.: 37,947

Oh man. The flashbacks... The horror days when I gave my little cousins my DS to play... They would mess around with the hinges like opening and closing the damn thing, I was scared that the whole top part would come flying off. That's why no one is allowed to touch my 3DS. Don't get me started on the glass used on the screens. Too many times have I seen cracked screens from my friends who share their systems with their young siblings.

I'm really glad that Nintendo is thinking about the children. Truth be told, if I didn't have my 3DS right now, I'd think about getting one of these.

2 Pages  1 2