Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing Boys Band - Crazy Night

Important Rules
• Please use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread will result in a verbal warning.
• Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.
• Post your requests in the pinned threads. If your request does not belong to any existent pinned threads, please start a new topic.
• Please use Post Icons when starting new topics, to state the purpose of your topic and to have a better visual classification.

NEW RELEASES: Super Eurobeat 221 (23 January 2013), Super Eurobeat Presents Initial D Fifth Stage D Selection (08 February 2013), Super Eurobeat Presents Initial D Fifth Stage D Non-Stop Selection (08 March 2013), Initial D Fifth Stage Sound File (08 March 2013), Super Eurobeat 222 (20 March 2013)

Special Link(s): EUROBEAT.go2id (SEB Album Collection Site) (New Site), Revive Music Section (Donation Tracker)

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 1,507  ·  Replies: 5 
> SMART USEN recordings, The online radio Avex didn't want you to know about ;)
succmypp69
    Posted: Apr 24 2023, 09:41 PM

IDW Regular Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 51,853

Hello everyone!

A very big thanks to RealWChan/SubspaceGO for discovering this Japanese online radio - we've infiltrated Avex's secret stash of delisted extended mixes and can now recover (somewhat) of what was lost! Do note these are (most likely) in 128 kbps opus despite the .wav handle, as determined by Lebon14 - do NOT ask for better quality.

I'm gonna upload a MEGA link of what I have recorded so far here.

If you wanna record the stream yourself...

1. Download and install Bluestacks 5, a virtual audio cable, Audacity, and a VPN (TunnelBear has a free trial)
2. Make an account on https://mypage.smart.usen.com/ (they offer a free 3 day trial, NO credit card needed!)
3. Enable virtualization in your bios settings if you already haven't done so
4. Before launching BlueStacks, turn on your VPN so it appears as a japanese phone, then go into device settings and set your timezone to Japan
5. In the BlueStacks settings, go to devices and set your speakers to the virtual audio cable INPUT.
6. In audacity, set your microphone as the cable OUTPUT.
7. Download SMART USEN from google play, login, search up Eurobeat and start the stream, then press R to record
8. Make as many trial accounts as you need.
9. ???
10. Profit

This post has been edited by succmypp69 on Apr 24 2023, 09:57 PM
smiRaphi
Posted: Apr 25 2023, 04:37 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 53,336

are you sure they're opus? I've looked at the spectrograms and they look more like high bitrate aac or vorbis
reallybruv
Posted: Apr 25 2023, 05:12 AM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 53,325

we've infiltrated Avex's secret stash of delisted extended mixes

Gaijin-bros, we can't stop winning.

This post has been edited by reallybruv on Apr 25 2023, 05:17 AM
smiRaphi
Posted: Apr 25 2023, 06:47 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 53,336

looked around some more and I'm like 99% sure that they can't be opus except if they made there own decoder/encoder that supports frequencies over 20kHz

Edit:
I may make a downloader for this if I'm bored enough and if I find a good android emulator control library for python
but I made a little python script to automatically make an account, you only need to do the captcha
https://files.catbox.moe/v9nyy4.py
it requires requests and Beautiful Soup 4

This post has been edited by smiRaphi on Apr 25 2023, 11:15 AM
succmypp69
  Posted: Apr 25 2023, 04:10 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 51,853

QUOTE (smiRaphi @ Today, 4:37 AM)
are you sure they're opus? I've looked at the spectrograms and they look more like high bitrate aac or vorbis

Check around 10 khz - there's a compression line. There's also several holes in the spectrogram as well.

Also, new uploads:
-Ace Warrior - Running Fire (Extended Mix)
-Eurosisters - Dance All Night (Extended Mix)

This post has been edited by succmypp69 on Apr 25 2023, 04:35 PM
reallybruv
Posted: Apr 26 2023, 07:56 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 53,325

Some quick questions, how do I know that I recorded a song and where I can find that recorded song in the file browser?

This post has been edited by reallybruv on Dec 23 2023, 07:51 PM