Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 8 unique listeners, playing (MF Ghost OST) David Dima - Bad Love

Important Rules
• Please do NOT post any torrents and/or links to pirated copies of games here. Violator will be issued a verbal warning or an actual warning.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Any kind of discussions related to ROMs, WAREZ and methods of copying copyrighted materials are prohibited in this section of the forums.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 6,406  ·  Replies: 34 
> Final Fantasy XV, Can you believe this?
TheWhiteEagle
  Posted: Jun 11 2013, 07:11 PM

IDW God Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 36,266

Apparently, Final Fantasy Versus XIII that was was announced alongside the Final Fantasy XIII game has now been changed into Final Fantasy XV.

YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6jLw1iDCwI )

What the... facepalm.gif . Alright, time for me to rage.

When I saw this trailer, I seriously thought I was looking at a Final Fantasy ripoff of a Prince of Persia game. The story is based off the Fabula Nova Crystallis mythology and the modern city setting is based of Tokyo itself(go figure dry.gif ). And get this, the main protagonist, Noctis Lucis Caelum, is the son of a mafia-like royal family. Seriously, the MAFIA! Now you're going to go all Sopranos on us S-E?!

Okay, maybe the main heroes from FFs VI-X weren't your average heroes, but having a hero who comes from a family who's business is in crime just makes it sound like another stupid Hollywood action movie. Who knows, maybe Noctis will be the male equivalent of Terra since his character is also on the shy side.

I'm sorry if I sound like an asshole right now, but this feels like a slap in the face by Square-Enix. After all the hype and THIS is what we get?! Let's face it, Square-Enix doesn't know what to do anymore and has become desperate to something to satisfy its fans. Oh well, at least we didn't get that Call of Duty looking game when Square-Enix released that technical test trailer a couple years ago.

I was hoping for a return to the high fantasy medieval/Renaissance setting for the next installment, but no we had to get another sci-fi themed game except this time it has modern setting instead of a futuristic one. It doesn't look like I'll get my wish anytime soon or at all the way this is going. Thank you very much Square-Enix. I gave you one last chance, now I hope you die a horrible death.

Me nuts.gif Square-Enix

This post has been edited by TheWhiteEagle on Jun 25 2013, 07:11 PM
RalliKai
Posted: Jun 11 2013, 07:42 PM

IDW Goldmember

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 3,607

Figured they were going to rename it to XV awhile ago so not surprised at all.

Let's face it, Square-Enix doesn't know what to do anymore and has become desperate to something to satisfy its fans. Oh well, at least we didn't get that Call of Duty looking game when Square-Enix released that technical test trailer a couple years ago.

They've been going in this direction for the past decade.

I was hoping for a return to the high fantasy medieval/Renaissance setting for the next installment, but no we had to get another sci-fi themed game except this time it has modern setting instead of a futuristic one.

lol. Not with Tetsuya Nomura running the show. It would be nice but FF basically spiraled away from that after Sakaguchi left and they haven't looked back.

This post has been edited by RalliKai on Jun 11 2013, 07:43 PM
Phantom_R32
Posted: Jun 15 2013, 10:44 AM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Member No.: 1,277

I can see why it's being called Final Fantasy XV. Final Fantasy XIII was garbage, and with how amazing Versus XIII was looking, it would look bad if a FF game that wasn't a main title was better than a main title(FFXIII.)

With that said, I really want a medieval/steampunk/renaissance FF game again. It's been long overdue. I really do like how FFXV is shaping up though. I'm pretty excited for the gameplay. Being a huge Kingdom Hearts fan, I know the KH team that worked on this game will deliver. This is looking to be my favorite FF since FFIX.

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBilT83Uq4A )

And where did you hear the info about Noctis being in a Mafia family? Regardless, I don't see how that would be problem. There's been many FF protagonists that have horrible back stories. Squall and his "Oh, hey, I'm an orphan and we all know each other" story being one of them.

I would hardly call this game full fledged Sci-Fi game. If this is Sci-Fi then so is FFVII. They're both modern age with little hints of Sci-Fi.

jbeavis100
Posted: Jun 15 2013, 11:59 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 38,847

Personally I think it looks awesome. I haven't been this excited for a Final Fantasy since the Dissidia spinoff series which was incredible.
RalliKai
Posted: Jun 17 2013, 07:13 AM

IDW Goldmember

I don't know what to really say about the story and characters thus far from what I've seen. Making it look like modern day Tokyo is basically throwing Fantasy out the window.The Devil May Cry style action battle system from the trailer has me turned off. I always enjoyed them evolving the turn-based system but this isn't what I'm interested in. I can understand why Dissidia fans may like it but being a fan of the slower system, it just doesn't appeal to me.
Tessou
Posted: Jun 17 2013, 07:24 AM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

QUOTE (Phantom_R32 @ Jun 15 2013, 02:44 PM)
...it would look bad if a FF game that wasn't a main title was better than a main title(FFXIII.)

Tactics on PS1. COME AT ME, BRO. cool.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Seri
Posted: Jun 17 2013, 08:18 AM

Quirks and Features of IDW
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 40,610

QUOTE (RalliKai @ 1 hour, 4 minutes ago)
I don't know what to really say about the story and characters thus far from what I've seen. Making it look like modern day Tokyo is basically throwing Fantasy out the window.The Devil May Cry style action battle system from the trailer has me turned off. I always enjoyed them evolving the turn-based system but this isn't what I'm interested in. I can understand why Dissidia fans may like it but being a fan of the slower system, it just doesn't appeal to me.

It's the Kingdom Hearts team, what did you expect?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Tessou
Posted: Jun 17 2013, 11:11 AM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

Expecting a FF title to be wondrous and nigh-perfection is a thing of the past. They all look the same to me after X. Boring characters, cliche story, and nothing special or innovative to bring to the table for RPG games.

I get my RPG fix from other games, and unfortunately most of them are over a decade old. Chrono Trigger, Shining Force and Shadowrun (SNES vers) are still the crown jewels in my eyes.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Seri
Posted: Jun 17 2013, 12:45 PM

Group Icon

I've moved on to niche titles myself. Like Atelier and Neptunia.

RalliKai
Posted: Jun 17 2013, 07:32 PM

IDW Goldmember

QUOTE (Tessou @ Today, 10:24 AM)

I REALLY need to play that some time.

Aside from Ni No Kuni, Valkyrie Chronicles, there haven't been many memorable JRPGS for the current generation. (I haven't played Xenoblade.)

The vast majority of my favorite rpgs were on the SNES and Playstation.
jbeavis100
Posted: Jun 17 2013, 07:33 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 38,847

I personally liked The Last Story an aweful lot even though Xenoblade was touted as the better game I didn't like it as much.
OkamiWind
Posted: Jun 17 2013, 07:45 PM

Ravioli Ravioli
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,468

I personally like like Persona 4 Golden for a JRPG, really has a good meaning behind the somewhat obvious story line. I was not fortunate to play some of the awesome older JRPGS, *sigh* oh well.

For this FF? I have no opinions about it...kinda stop paying attention since XIII and it's..battle system.
Phantom_R32
Posted: Jun 20 2013, 07:19 AM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

QUOTE (Tessou @ Jun 17 2013, 11:24 AM)

Tactics is an exception. Definitely in my top 3 FF games next to IX and VI. I think the PS1 days was the golden age for the FF series.

This post has been edited by Phantom_R32 on Jun 20 2013, 07:20 AM
Seri
Posted: Jun 20 2013, 12:14 PM

Group Icon

FFVIII was my favorite. *awaits hate mail*

This post has been edited by Miura Seri on Jun 20 2013, 12:14 PM
RalliKai
Posted: Jun 20 2013, 08:00 PM

IDW Goldmember

QUOTE (Miura Seri @ 7 hours, 45 minutes ago)
FFVIII was my favorite. *awaits hate mail*

I've known many who found VIII to be their favorite. The game was good up until you past disc 2 and the story just became disjointed. Turning magic into a commodity was another aspect I didn't like it. Never gave much effort to the junction system. I still think it's one of the most memorable game in the series as far as scenes. It had a great music track to it in my opinion. I still have the OST lying around that I got about 12 years ago.
TheWhiteEagle
  Posted: Jun 21 2013, 12:05 PM

IDW God Member

I never was able to like VIII no matter how many times I tried it. I guess it's because of the story disjointness as mentioned and also because Squall just irritating and bored me death with all of his "...". However, Tidus in X irritated me even more. mad.gif
RalliKai
Posted: Jun 25 2013, 06:04 AM

IDW Goldmember

QUOTE (TheWhiteEagle @ Jun 21 2013, 03:05 PM)
I never was able to like VIII no matter how many times I tried it. I guess it's because of the story disjointness as mentioned and also because Squall just irritating and bored me death with all of his "...". However, Tidus in X irritated me even more. mad.gif

YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5FTJxfV3pc )

Yeah.. rolleyes.gif
TheWhiteEagle
  Posted: Jun 25 2013, 09:54 AM

IDW God Member

Yeah, as in "Shut up, Tidus. You annoy me." And Yuna, what the hell do you see in that idiot?
Phantom_R32
Posted: Jun 25 2013, 07:44 PM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

QUOTE (RalliKai @ Today, 10:04 AM)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5FTJxfV3pc
Yeah.. rolleyes.gif

God... X had the worst voice acting. It all just sounded so awkward.

Thankfully Tidus' voice actor redeemed himself in Dissidia. He didn't sound as awkward, although still annoying at times.
TheWhiteEagle
  Posted: Jun 26 2013, 10:49 AM

IDW God Member

QUOTE (Phantom_R32 @ Yesterday, 7:44 PM)
God... X had the worst voice acting. It all just sounded so awkward.

Thankfully Tidus' voice actor redeemed himself in Dissidia. He didn't sound as awkward, although still annoying at times.

You got to remember that it was the very game in the series that had voice acting, so Square probably didn't expect anything special out of it. But I do agree they could have done a better job at it seeing that it improved a lot in later games like in Dissidia.
RedsunsF1
Posted: Jun 27 2013, 06:22 AM

Nasa UT | FF FK8

Member No.: 38,401

If I had a PS2 or PS3 I would be all over FF X to beat the campaign again.
RalliKai
Posted: Jun 27 2013, 06:49 AM

IDW Goldmember

I didn't think 14-16 year old Japanese school girls made up such a large swath of profit for SE to continue designing these characters.

user posted image

This post has been edited by RalliKai on Jun 27 2013, 07:04 PM
Phantom_R32
Posted: Jun 27 2013, 07:20 AM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

QUOTE (RalliKai @ 30 minutes, 55 seconds ago)
I didn't think 14-16 year old Japanese school girls made up such a large swatch of profit for SE to continue designing these characters.

http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/s398/h...b0.jpg~original

It's Nomura. He's always designed his characters like this. They've always had that boy band look. Even Cloud and Squall. His designs are getting worse, in my opinion. I mean.. Noctis looks like a Sasuke clone. Not to mention that Nomura loves to load his characters with beads, belts and zippers.

That's why I enjoyed FFIX's character. They looked original.
RalliKai
Posted: Jun 27 2013, 07:11 PM

IDW Goldmember

QUOTE (Phantom_R32 @ Today, 10:20 AM)

That's why I enjoyed FFIX's character. They looked original.

FF6 still has my favorite characters. Relm and Shadow FTW. cool.gif The characters in 9 were hit or miss with me depending on who. Some were good and others just looked too Disney to me.

This post has been edited by RalliKai on Jun 27 2013, 07:13 PM
Phantom_R32
Posted: Jun 28 2013, 10:08 AM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

QUOTE (RalliKai @ Yesterday, 11:11 PM)
FF6 still has my favorite characters. Relm and Shadow FTW. cool.gif The characters in 9 were hit or miss with me depending on who. Some were good and others just looked too Disney to me.

That's probably the main reason I liked the designs for IX. They just looked so different compared to the rest of the series. I enjoyed the cartoonish look compared to the realistic.

But yeah, FFVI's designs were up there for me too. Especially Relm, Gau, Setzer and Shadow. I actually had no clue Nomura designed Setzer and Shadow. I thought his first time designing characters was for VII.

2 Pages  1 2