Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing Yuzo Koshiro - Hiramoto Tokita's Theme

Important Rules
• Do NOT post any torrents other than Initial D and automotive related stuff.
• Give the original torrent maker (if it was not originated from this forums.) proper credit.
• If you wish to start a new topic, please contact either the FORUM MODERATORS or one of the ADMINISTRATORS via PM or E-Mail.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

7 Pages  « 5 6 7  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 139,128  ·  Replies: 165 
> How to use BitTorrent correctly
Abunai
Posted: Dec 24 2005, 09:04 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,999

hi!
i'm using azureus.

so is bit tornado better?

i'm downloding the latest episodes but it is so slow.my ports are open and everything.i haven't changed anything but the download speed becomes slower and slower.is it because i don't seed enough?i wait till the file was 100% shared.
aftermath
Posted: Dec 24 2005, 12:48 PM

[Aki Hoshino Fan]

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 13,271

If you're getting 3-5KBps though you correctly port forwarded/upnp your ports, then its coz noone is seeding a complete file at the moment or there is a low amount of seed/peers.

This post has been edited by aftermath on Dec 24 2005, 12:48 PM
Abunai
Posted: Dec 28 2005, 10:13 AM

IDW Jr. Member

thanks.
i don't think this has something to do with the seeders.there are thousands of them.a few weeks ago i downloaded a video with 100kb/s.i haven't change anything since then.for the other files it was easily 40-50kb/s and i was happy with that.but it suddenly the download speed got slower.

i was on the azureus homepage and they said that the 6881 port (which i use)isn't a good one.so i changed the port.i was downloading a video and with the old 6881 port.i had 70kb/s for a short time but then got below 10kb/s.with the new port(downloading the same video) it's pretty stable at 20kb/s.not more.

i have a green smiley(with the old 6881 port i also had a green smiley).
but then there was an error message saying that i should open the UDP port(or something like that...my sister didn't pay much attention to it and closed the message dry.gif ,it sounds like it was me but i swear it wasn't me).

i looked at the my router configuration settings but i didn't found anything about UDP.

does it have something to do with the firwall?
i'm below n00b level and i seriously need help.
thanks in advance.

This post has been edited by Abunai on Dec 28 2005, 10:14 AM
aftermath
Posted: Dec 28 2005, 01:19 PM

[Aki Hoshino Fan]

I suggest use the UPnP feature of your router for automatic port forwarding for bot TCP & UDP.
zomg
Posted: Dec 28 2005, 07:51 PM

BOFH

Member No.: 4,409

QUOTE (aftermath @ Dec 24 2005, 10:42 PM)
If you're getting 3-5KBps though you correctly port forwarded/upnp your ports, then its coz noone is seeding a complete file at the moment or there is a low amount of seed/peers.

or just a bad port... like I might've said earlier, my ISP probably filters large ports or something since I get crap speeds if I use a high port, so I just go for 20 instead

also

www.portforward.com .net .org .something

Has portforwarding guides for really many types of routers, should be n00b-friendly too.
Abunai
Posted: Dec 29 2005, 04:42 AM

IDW Jr. Member

QUOTE (aftermath @ Yesterday at 1:13 PM)
I suggest use the UPnP feature of your router for automatic port forwarding for bot TCP & UDP.

should i close the port that was open and then enable the UPnP feature?
aftermath
Posted: Dec 29 2005, 01:45 PM

[Aki Hoshino Fan]

QUOTE (Abunai @ Yesterday at 8:36 PM)
should i close the port that was open and then enable the UPnP feature?

Yes. Remove all manually port forwarded ports TCP or UDP, then enable UPnP in your router, also enable UPnP and Internet Gateway Device Discovery and Control Client in Optional Networking Components in Windows XP.
JaceComix
Posted: Mar 18 2006, 02:21 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 16,669

I use Azureus and I just chose a random port I assumed wouldnt be in use.
So right now mine's set to like, 59999. And Ive got it labeled as Azureus in the Port Forwarding menu. TCP and UDP. Make sure the IP is correct. It took me a while on my computer because 'ipconfig' doesnt work for me. o_O
Takumi Trueno
  Posted: Mar 18 2006, 08:07 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 2,098

Well for a while Bit Tornado kept crashing so I went and tried out many different Bit Clients like Azureus, Bit Comet and maybe another. Each one being very slow.

Now that Bit Tornado is back working I am back to downloading around 500kb/s and more so if I am downloading more then one torrent. I love bit Tornado. it also allows me to seed at the best rate.
zomg
Posted: Mar 19 2006, 04:57 AM

BOFH

Member No.: 4,409

QUOTE (JaceComix @ Today at 12:21 AM)
I use Azureus and I just chose a random port I assumed wouldnt be in use.
So right now mine's set to like, 59999. And Ive got it labeled as Azureus in the Port Forwarding menu. TCP and UDP. Make sure the IP is correct. It took me a while on my computer because 'ipconfig' doesnt work for me. o_O

Are you using Windows Me or earlier by any chance? They have something called winipcfg

actually I'm not sure if Win Me had it, but 98 and earlier did for sure
Mopar
Posted: Apr 30 2006, 06:37 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 16,664

Stupid question time from an old geezer...

I've installed a bit torrent program called Azureus on my machine using Windows XP. I'm getting 20 to 30 kB/s on the D and 30 to 40 kB/s on the U.
I can live with that for now....

My question is... is it faster or should I leave the window open on the webpage I got the link for the torrent from or is it okay to close the window and just leave the torrent window/program running.

Keep it simple please... I'm just an old Bunta trying to keep up with you kids.
Red Suns FC3S
Posted: Jul 19 2007, 06:36 PM

Rotary Enthusiast

Member No.: 3,883

once you have downloaded the .torrent file that you either right clicked and saved as and than double clicked to run in azerus or left clicked and azerus opened the torrent automatically, you absolutely do not need the torrent web page open to download anything. Just keep azerus open and make sure it is downloading.
thrill3rnit3
Posted: Jul 27 2007, 10:05 AM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 19,091

Ok here's another thing you ought to know (XP SP2 users):

SP2 limits the half-open connections you have to 10 (they said it's to slow down viruses or w/e). That means when you use bittorent, you can only connect to 10 peers.

To correct that, you need to apply this patch

http://www.lvllord.de/?lang=en&url=downloads

it is NOT a virus.

with this patch you can set your half-open connections to 50+. although you have to check once a month since XP SP2 tends to put it back to 10 through updates and stuff. The program tells you how many current half-open connections you have, just to make sure.

after doing that, you need to configure you bittorrent client and set the available number of half-open connections.

the following guide is for uTorrent but if you're an advanced user, you should be able to adjust equivalent settings for other clients.

1. Go to Options -> Preferences -> Advanced.

2. Scroll down until you see net.max_halfopen

3. Set the value to whatever you did in the patch (if you put 50, then put 50 in here as well)

Here's a screenshot

user posted image

ohmy.gif Whew. Hope it helps wink2.gif

This post has been edited by thrill3rnit3 on Jul 27 2007, 10:14 AM
Legend of Speed
Posted: May 11 2008, 08:12 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 1,483

Hmm, sorry to bump a year old thread pinch2.gif

I have recently switched to Comcast Cable and the download speed is awesome and much faster than my old ISP (SBC/AT&T DSL). The problem is that when I download anime on Bit Tornado it is very slow and it's always under 80 kb/sec and the upload speed is always higher than the download speed.

I did a speedtest on Speakeasy.net and here are the results.

Download Speed: 8357 kbps (1044.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 728 kbps (91 KB/sec transfer rate)

I read the guide on portforward.com and read all the post on this thread like using 3000 to 7000 for port forward, but it didn't help.

I'm using a NETGEAR WGT624v3 Wireless Router, but I disabled the wireless and bought a CAT6 cable to make it wired.
Shintaro
Posted: May 8 2009, 01:48 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 31,828

Switch to Xunlei. It is the fastest program out there.
sksdudcks
Posted: Jun 28 2014, 12:33 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 44,019

Nice guide awsome!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

7 Pages  « 5 6 7