Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing Kinbaku 1

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

ยป FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 3,740  ·  Replies: 7 
> Video Review of the Worst Initial D Game Ever Made
Vectrex4Life
    Posted: Oct 16 2017, 11:44 PM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 48,995

I recently made an in-depth review of the worst Initial D game ever made, Mountain Vengeance!
This 33 minute video took 100+ hours and was made out of my love for the anime and the Arcade Stage series.
Some of you on here have probably already seen it, but I figured it was worth sharing. The views that I have gathered in such a short amount of time are insane.

A couple of things to note:

1. I did not rev the engine to 8,000 RPMs. I went into my car's gauge test mode.
2. I have never driven a manual in real life before. I'm well aware that I didn't do it properly, it just wouldn't have been the same without it. The car is my friend's junked 1970 Datsun Roadster.
3. I'm American, but the entire opening scene was mirrored to produce a fake right hand drive on the left side of the road effect, since that's how it is in Japan. I even changed the digital speedometer to KPH.
4. I'm aware that I didn't pronounce some of the names and courses properly. That was due to 5 hour voice over sessions and just wanting to get them done and through.
5. See if you can spot all the references in the opening. The shoes are one of them.

Feel free to let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

https://youtu.be/vEPxsuI1tf8

This post has been edited by Vectrex4Life on Oct 16 2017, 11:47 PM

Attached Image (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image
xiao
Posted: Oct 17 2017, 12:23 AM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

Welcome to the forums Vectrex!This was really funny laugh.gif .. I haven't had a good laugh since the Overdrift guys did the dino dimension drift videos.

Two small things tho .. 1) Taiyo Yuden > Memorex and 2) GoPro+bumper-mount next time .. poor Galaxy S7 back glass laugh.gif crying2.gif

I'll embed the video here for ya since newbies can't post YouTube embeds until a certain number of posts:

YOUTUBE ( https://youtube.com/watch?v=vEPxsuI1tf8 )

.. Classic Game Room who ?? Keep up the cool vids Vectrex my dude !! grin2.gif
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
HashiriyaR32
Posted: Oct 18 2017, 05:02 PM

Unlimited Request Works

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 18,031

I had read that Mountain Vengence was bad when I reading MidnightViper (I think.......)'s FAQ on IDAS v2 on GameFAQs back in the day.........I just never realized it was THAT BAD.
Randy
Posted: Nov 4 2017, 05:22 AM

The Aspiring Sprinter

Member No.: 32,890

Played this before back in a year ago, and good lord was it bad. It's like Big Rigs but with a lot of frustrations, at least Big Rigs was so bad that it's funny good, but not Mountain Vengeance.

And the music...

I swear if I hear Initialize again I am gonna strangle the person playing that thing next to me. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Randy on Nov 4 2017, 05:23 AM
Meteor
Posted: Nov 4 2017, 08:36 AM

Were you expecting something else?

Member No.: 20,929

To be honest, I've had this in my recommendations for over a month, but I never really clicked on it, because I didn't think there was much new to say about this dead horse of a game. Well I finally watched this some days back thanks to this thread convincing me, and I can safely say I was wrong in that assumption - This was actually a really well done review, and certainly far better than I was expecting any vid on a game like this to be.

So yeah, I think I'll be following your channel from now on if this is the sort of quality I can expect from it.

And yes, as said in the post above mine, it basically is a worse Big Rigs. Less broken than Big Rigs, yet all the lesser for it. Valusoft really wasn't ready to move away from all the budget drag-racing games they were making beforehand - They could actually make half-decent games when they literally didn't have to worry about cornering physics at all.
gmhl10
Posted: Feb 4 2018, 03:44 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 45,555

If you think that was the worst Initial D game, you haven't played the Initial D typing game...
Funny thing.. I still have this game. haha

giantbomb.com/initial-d-takahashi-ryosuke-no-typing-saisoku-riro/3030-44682/
Meteor
Posted: Feb 5 2018, 06:27 AM

Were you expecting something else?

Member No.: 20,929

The Initial D typing game is still better on account of not being a completely broken mess tongue.gif
The typing game works like it's supposed to. Mountain Vengeance does not.
fujito10
Posted: Feb 5 2018, 08:04 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 47,812

QUOTE (Meteor @ Today, 6:27 AM)
The Initial D typing game is still better on account of not being a completely broken mess tongue.gif
The typing game works like it's supposed to. Mountain Vengeance does not.

Heh, I'll say.