Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 9 unique listeners, playing Nathalie - Heartbeat (DJ Shu Remix)

Rules and Policies
Please remember that participating in flame wars will be severely punished. General forum rules apply. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

AS Section Announcement : This subforum has been renamed to Community and General Chat from the previous name Tournaments / Teams / Locations due to the recent changes in AS section. This section will serve as a general chat forum for the Initial D Arcade Stage community from now on. By general chat, we mean topics that are not related to the game itself such as the latest tournaments, places to hang out, discussion about a certain gamer.. etc. Make yourself comfortable posting here. One last thing, NO flaming and NO spamming.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

7 Pages  « 2 3 4 5 6 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 24,934  ·  Replies: 157 
> ID6AA Philippines, We live!
Odenwings
Posted: Jun 28 2011, 06:30 AM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 37,529

Up until now, I can't seem to figure out the true technique needed for Tsubaki...this is turning out to be my most difficult challenge yet biggrin.gif

And looks like battle mode in G4 is fixed w00t2.gif So...anyone up for a battle?
brian_infinispirit
Posted: Jun 28 2011, 07:26 AM

The Dozuki Master

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 20,372

Thank goodness they finally came to their senses.

But...

I'll pass for now. <.<

When I get to Level 90 upwards, that's the time I'll start accepting again. Cypher mentioning that I'll need 1.8 million EXP points to get to 99 made me realize that I can't lose frequently and I need to keep on racking up the Platinums for TA's and wins for Legend Arc LOTS to get there before 2011 ends.

This post has been edited by brian_infinispirit on Jun 28 2011, 07:28 AM
DigiBunny
  Posted: Jun 28 2011, 07:28 AM

Reading is magic!

Member No.: 30,700

Wouldn't battle wins help towards your goal though? I mean Point-wise, probably not by a whole lot, but winning does grant a free game, subtracting a LITTLE bit from the cost.
brian_infinispirit
Posted: Jun 28 2011, 07:37 AM

The Dozuki Master

You do have a point there; battle wins do help reduce costs a little.

But when you get to Level 75 upwards, you'll need 30k EXP points to level up. Like now, I'm at 77, I'll need 33000 to move up to 78. And for sure, that number will reach 60000 or more. You'll need every single point you can get from this point forward.

I did some math on my own and realized that I'm better off with hitting Platinums for TA's and/or wins for Legend Arc (esp. if I spam Usui, Akina, and Tsukuba). Budget isn't too much of a problem on my end for the time being.
DigiBunny
  Posted: Jun 28 2011, 07:43 AM

Reading is magic!

You older folk and your magical "Profits".

Someday I will uncover your secrets for my own!
brian_infinispirit
Posted: Jun 28 2011, 07:47 AM

The Dozuki Master

Don't sweat it for now, mate. You're still in your teenage years so people won't expect you to work for profits just yet.

If I was still your age, I'd probably play pretty rarely as well because of obvious budget limitations. ^^"
john_takumi86
Posted: Jun 28 2011, 04:38 PM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 31,217

@brian_infinispirit

Hardwork in the office (payday) = Initial D6AA reward for me... laugh.gif

@Odenwings

No time for in-store battling yet for me..

Its gonna be all out TA and LoTS if I return plus creating an AE86 for my 3rd car.. fear2.gif

This post has been edited by john_takumi86 on Jun 28 2011, 04:47 PM
DigiBunny
  Posted: Jun 29 2011, 05:31 AM

Reading is magic!

I'm satisfied with the condiotions of both cabs. Ran both today, and they're working excellently. Though I can't help but eye the puncture holes in the left cab's dash.

I'll hold back until next week to play. I did an oopsie out of enthusiasm and poured all my budget into a fit of "WHEEE. GAME. WHEE."

That did wonders for my psyche though. That Iro crown is going to be mine again. It's only a matter of time.
Odenwings
  Posted: Jun 29 2011, 05:40 AM

IDW Member

QUOTE (DigiBunny @ 9 minutes, 22 seconds ago)
I'm satisfied with the condiotions of both cabs. Ran both today, and they're working excellently. Though I can't help but eye the puncture holes in the left cab's dash.

I'll hold back until next week to play. I did an oopsie out of enthusiasm and poured all my budget into a fit of "WHEEE. GAME. WHEE."

That did wonders for my psyche though. That Iro crown is going to be mine again. It's only a matter of time.

Puncture holes, you say? Hmmm...well, nothing to do but stay positive about its condition I guess.

Glad to hear your spirit's getting strong again. By all means, give it all you've got wink2.gif
brian_infinispirit
Posted: Jun 29 2011, 05:42 AM

The Dozuki Master

@ Nai: Well, you've had the crown already back in ID5, don't you think it's time for someone else to wear it? wink2.gif For now, Oden has a pretty firm grasp on it IMO.

And I haven't even thrown myself into the fray yet there. Still busy feeling my way with the wet maps. dry.gif

This post has been edited by brian_infinispirit on Jun 29 2011, 05:43 AM
DigiBunny
  Posted: Jun 29 2011, 05:53 AM

Reading is magic!

It's not my fault the personification of my desire to race wants THAT crown. If she suddenly decides that she wants to be better, that's her call. >.>

I sense alot of fighting over the crowns in the future. By the time we're through, they'll probably be dinged and scuffed beyond recognition.
john_takumi86
Posted: Jun 29 2011, 07:17 PM

IDW Special Member

@DigiBunny

I saw your replay game yesterday..

you battled with the card named JABI (the RX7 car)...

@brian_infinispirit

still have the grasp of mine after 2 weekends of not playing ID6..hehehe..

hope this will be an all out TA for me..hehehe happy.gif

This post has been edited by john_takumi86 on Jun 29 2011, 07:18 PM
Odenwings
Posted: Jul 2 2011, 07:32 AM

IDW Member

Queue today was fairly long for a game. I'm not sure if I should be happy that there's more competition coming in, or worried that there may be more fighting for the cabs from now on pinch2.gif

@john_takumi86

May I know when you usually play? I'd sure like to see how you play Tsubaki Line and figure out just what the heck I'm doing wrong. And I wouldn't mind just meeting you too smile.gif I've already met brian and digibunny, and I would like to see and learn from another pro

This post has been edited by Odenwings on Jul 2 2011, 07:34 AM
brian_infinispirit
Posted: Jul 2 2011, 04:10 PM

The Dozuki Master

I personally don't have the patience most of the time to wait. Which is why starting today, if I play on a Sunday, I plan to go to Glorietta as early as 10:30 so I can avoid the queues.

Obviously, the major trade-off would be that I'm unlikely to encounter any of you until probably the time I finish all my credits. <.<
Type 100
Posted: Jul 2 2011, 09:28 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 37,520

Finally tried it yesterday. Next to IDAS5 this one feels rather strange. I can appreciate the realism IDAS6 requires for one to clear Irohazaka though.

I'm still struggling with drift control and my times are not impressive at all. Myogi and Usui are wide and rather forgiving, but getting it wrong on Akina and Akagi (especially the squiggly middle of the first sector) means losing a shitload of time.

Akagi 3:03.419
Akina 3:35.313
Irohazaka 3:24.102

Car's an RX-8. I tried transferring my IDAS5 card data to no avail - the machine threw an error.

How do you guys control the drift angle once you get sideways? I doubt if the throttle pedal on these cabinets is analog; do you change pedal pressure or just stab the gas multiple times? Or do you just ride the throttle while sliding all the way?

This post has been edited by Type 100 on Jul 2 2011, 09:32 PM
Odenwings
Posted: Jul 2 2011, 11:02 PM

IDW Member

QUOTE (Type 100 @ 1 hour, 34 minutes ago)
Finally tried it yesterday. Next to IDAS5 this one feels rather strange. I can appreciate the realism IDAS6 requires for one to clear Irohazaka though.

I'm still struggling with drift control and my times are not impressive at all. Myogi and Usui are wide and rather forgiving, but getting it wrong on Akina and Akagi (especially the squiggly middle of the first sector) means losing a shitload of time.

Akagi 3:03.419
Akina 3:35.313
Irohazaka 3:24.102

Car's an RX-8. I tried transferring my IDAS5 card data to no avail - the machine threw an error.

How do you guys control the drift angle once you get sideways? I doubt if the throttle pedal on these cabinets is analog; do you change pedal pressure or just stab the gas multiple times? Or do you just ride the throttle while sliding all the way?

Hang in there buddy smile.gif It really is very different from AS5, it's more like a drifty version of AS3. I think my times were much worse when i first started tongue.gif

In general, I just tend to keep my foot on the gas throughout the drift, unless I feel like I'm understeering or am about to hit the wall from the momentum of the drift, during which I let go of the gas.
Type 100
Posted: Jul 3 2011, 12:22 AM

IDW Senior Member

QUOTE (Odenwings @ 1 hour, 19 minutes ago)
Hang in there buddy smile.gif It really is very different from AS5, it's more like a drifty version of AS3. I think my times were much worse when i first started tongue.gif

In general, I just tend to keep my foot on the gas throughout the drift, unless I feel like I'm understeering or am about to hit the wall from the momentum of the drift, during which I let go of the gas.

Thanks for the encouragement, but I highly doubt your newbie times were worse than mine smile.gif

In the case of Iroha it's crazy. It's a struggle between scrubbing off speed and when to actually get on the power to whip around the turn. I can't even do all the wall-jumps; I can nail just the first one and then fail to make sense of the other three hahahaha!

Will try to log some more seat time when time and finances allow.
brian_infinispirit
Posted: Jul 3 2011, 06:14 AM

The Dozuki Master

It's always like that when starting out this time, so don't feel too bad about it. wink2.gif In ID6AA, stock cars and full-spec cars are radically different... unlike in previous versions wherein FT cars are, at the most, 8 seconds faster than bone stock cars.

I remember those 3'17-ish Usui runs and 3'28-ish Akina runs back then. <.<
Odenwings
Posted: Jul 3 2011, 06:41 AM

IDW Member

From personal experience, I take the turns in Iroha differently from the usual. A few turns, I can take the turn with the gas down, some I have to tap the pedal at certain points on the turn, etc. Also, for some reason wall-rape seems to work for the right-hand turns awesome.gif

Just keep practicing, and soon enough you'll be breaking records smile.gif
john_takumi86
Posted: Jul 3 2011, 07:27 AM

IDW Special Member

QUOTE (Odenwings @ Yesterday, 11:32 PM)
Queue today was fairly long for a game. I'm not sure if I should be happy that there's more competition coming in, or worried that there may be more fighting for the cabs from now on  pinch2.gif

@john_takumi86

May I know when you usually play? I'd sure like to see how you play Tsubaki Line and figure out just what the heck I'm doing wrong. And I wouldn't mind just meeting you too   smile.gif  I've already met brian and digibunny, and I would like to see and learn from another pro

you don't need any teach or ideas coz you have on your own..

I appreciated what you've done so far.. happy.gif

Besides I'm not a pro, I'm just an amateur..

This post has been edited by john_takumi86 on Jul 3 2011, 07:34 AM
DigiBunny
  Posted: Jul 3 2011, 07:27 AM

Reading is magic!

To be specific, wall rape tends to be effective JUST before the apex of the turn.

Although I'm not quite sure how the Japanese pull it off, that's what I've observed from watching KotokoZLR's 2'44 vid.
Type 100
Posted: Jul 8 2011, 01:39 AM

IDW Senior Member

I'm going to Timezone G4 tonight to log some more seat time and figure out just how to crack ID6AA.

In case any of you ID6AA gods are in the area and would like to meet up with a mere mortal, my card name is "Hyakushiki" in hiragana (ひゃくしき).

EDIT/UPDATE
Spent the better part of two hours on the machine, making time attacks on many circuits from Akina Lake to Irohazaka. I finally understand how this game works and how to get the drift timing right. cool.gif

As it turns out, there are many ways of initiating a drift in the game, inspired by real-life counterparts. These are the ones I found.
- Scandinavian flick/"manji" drift
- Lift-off oversteer, into powerslide
- "Throttle kick" (since there's no clutch pedal to kick in the game)

Transitioning from Akina Lake all the way to Myogi helped gel the whole drifting concept, while Akagi is the first true test of skill because it requires quick transitions (hence a good preparation for Irohazaka).

Personal best times so far, all downhill. To my surprise I'm actually in the leaderboards now! w00t2.gif

Akina Lake 2:16.953 (#5)
Usui 3:18.191
Myogi 3:05.560 (#6)
Akagi 2:58.103
Akina 3:22.539
Irohazaka 3:12.109 (#8)

Irohazaka was the most fun; the jumps are still hard to get right though. Akina, as usual for me, is a pain in the ass because it's easy to fudge up midway, and to my disappointment I had lots of trouble trying to repeat that 3:22 time.

Moar practice required. Progress is encouraging though. awesome.gif

This post has been edited by Type 100 on Jul 8 2011, 07:41 AM
DigiBunny
  Posted: Jul 12 2011, 03:06 AM

Reading is magic!

I am CLEARLY not going to acquire an Usui crown. I'm COMPETENT, but little walltaps are going to stick me at 2'45 for the rest of my life. *raspberry*

Odd. Most of my top times for courses that I like are... 7 seconds off the Japanese. Except Akina. Either I'm not behaving, or the car's not behaving. Either way I'm making one or two stupid mistakes where my ass doesn't have enough grip and my rear scrapes the guardrails, or I eat the inside because I went in too early.

And so the quest to reclaim my crown continues!
Odenwings
Posted: Jul 12 2011, 04:33 AM

IDW Member

I gotta thank you DigiBunny. Our battles earlier were the best I've ever had w00t2.gif

Man, I think I'm at that point where it's just so hard for me to improve...and I must admit, I suck at UH facepalm.gif
DigiBunny
  Posted: Jul 12 2011, 04:50 AM

Reading is magic!

Would have been longer if I had brought a lil' more.
Though you seemed to be occupied with your friend. awesome.gif

While I was watching you Akina, it felt like your S2000 was peakier than my RX8. You could floor it all the way without swinging completely wide and make it out like a rocket.

Which is weird, because I have this tiny little engine that has crap for torque when compared to a 2L FC20.

This post has been edited by DigiBunny on Jul 12 2011, 04:52 AM

7 Pages  « 2 3 4 5 6 »