Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing (Battle Stage 2) Mr. M - Be The One

Anime and Manga Forum Rules
• Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
• Use the Search function or read the Index of All Threads before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal or actual warning (if this rule is violated repeatedly).
• Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.
• Discussion of yaoi/yuri is permitted, however, posting any sexual content and material is strictly prohibited and will result in an actual warning.
• Please use spoiler tags when addressing a spoiler. Violating this rule may earn you a verbal warning. Please read this thread for more information on how to use spoiler tags.
• Please ensure that when posting images that the images are at a reasonable resolution (i.e. 640 x 480 and below) or that you use a thumbnail to link to the original sized image.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 2,396  ·  Replies: 2 
> Legendary Gambler Tetsuya, Mahjong anime.
Saint
  Posted: Nov 23 2011, 04:36 AM

The 6th Blameless Shift

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 2,067

user posted image
My Anime List

In the year 1947, the people of Shinjuku are down on their luck. With little money to buy food or necessities, some resort to gambling in order to survive. Traveling Tetsuya chooses to spend his time at Mahjong parlors where he is wiping the floor clean with his adversaries. However, when Tetsuya meets the intensely skilled Boushu-san, he realizes that his skills are still lacking.

It's an old anime, but I noticed it just recently and thought of sharing with you guys. I think a direct comparison to this series is Akagi, but I prefer the storyline in Tetsuya because it's more realistic. Even a gambling saint gets his ass kicked once in a while. Lol. Unlike Akagi who is flawless all the time, which can get pretty boring.

I've finished watching this, and I think it's a very good series. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Saint on Nov 23 2011, 04:37 AM
bROCKoLEE
Posted: Nov 28 2011, 09:27 PM

whut?

Member No.: 6,453

Well Kaiji gets his ass kicked most of the time doesn't he?

Thanks for the recommendation I'll add it to Akagi, Kaiji and Saki for stuff that I need to watch within this genre, category, area of anime or w/e it's properly called lol
Saint
  Posted: Nov 28 2011, 09:41 PM

The 6th Blameless Shift

Member No.: 2,067

Yup it's like Kaiji vs Liar Game and Tetsuya vs Akagi. They're not perfect, which makes it perfect. Lol.