Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing Elliott Yamin - Wait For You

Important Rules
• Please use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread will result in a verbal warning.
• Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.
• Post your requests in the pinned threads. If your request does not belong to any existent pinned threads, please start a new topic.
• Please use Post Icons when starting new topics, to state the purpose of your topic and to have a better visual classification.

NEW RELEASES: Super Eurobeat 221 (23 January 2013), Super Eurobeat Presents Initial D Fifth Stage D Selection (08 February 2013), Super Eurobeat Presents Initial D Fifth Stage D Non-Stop Selection (08 March 2013), Initial D Fifth Stage Sound File (08 March 2013), Super Eurobeat 222 (20 March 2013)

Special Link(s): EUROBEAT.go2id (SEB Album Collection Site) (New Site), Revive Music Section (Donation Tracker)

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 21,804  ·  Replies: 9 
> Initial D Best Eurobeat:IDW Nonstop Community Pick, The second part of the project is here!
Lebon14
    Posted: Aug 25 2013, 07:59 PM

🎧

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 18,005

Hey guys.
Welcome to...
Initial D Best Eurobeat: Initial D World Nonstop Community Pick
Yes! Today, it's time to release the non-stop part of the Initial D Best Eurobeat Community Pick!

Cover:
user posted image
High quality version included in download!

Tracklist:
01. The Top / Ken Blast
02. Fly To Me To The Moon & Back / The Spiders From Mars
03. Fly Away / Digital Planet
04. Forever Young / Symbol
05. Go Beat Crazy / Fastway
06. Speed Lover / Speedman
07. Burning Desire (New Original Generation Mix) / Mega NRG Man
08. Space Boy / Dave Rodgers
09. Heartbeat / Nathalie
10. Mikado / Dave McLoud
11. Speedy Speed Boy / Marko Polo
12. Back On The Rocks / Mega NRG Man
13. Running In The 90's / Max Coveri
14. Express Love / Mega NRG Man
15. Falling Into My Heart / Terrence Holler
16. Disco Fire / Dave Rodgers
17. The Race Is Over / Dave Rodgers
18. Don't Stop The Music 2006 / Lou Grant
19. Impact Blue / Michiko Neya & Yumi Kakazu
20. The Race Of The Night / Dave Rodgers
21. No One Sleep In Tokyo / Edo Boys
22. Take Me To The Top / D.Essex
23. Night Of Fire / Niko
24. Looka Bomba / Go 2
25. Beat Of The Rising Sun / Dave Rodgers
26. Sun In The Rain / Manuel
27. Revolution / Fastway
28. Rockin' Hardcore / Fastway
29. A Perfect Hero / Chris Stanton
30. Gas Gas Gas / Manuel
31. Power Of Sound / Ace
32. It's My Life / Dusty
33. Futureland / Ace
34. Crazy On Emotion / Ace
35. I Won't Fall Apart/ Jager
Bonus Track:
36. Grand Prix (Extended Mix) / Mega NRG Man

Download:
FLAC+CUE, Includes Artwork (Hosted on Mega)

Comments:
As you can see, There are 6 new songs compared to the Extended compilation. First, we have No One Sleep In Tokyo and A Perfect Hero who were in the tie breaker last time. We also got the 3rd places for Second, Third and Extra Stage. As a bonus track we have... a forgotten Second Stage track. Yes, Grand Prix was involuntarily forgotten from the Second Stage question in the survey (I love the song too, so don't think that there was a boycott ploy behind its absence!). So, upon somebody noticing it, I decided to include it as a bonus track in case people would have loved to vote for it in the original survey.

FAQ:
Q1. Any passwords?
A1. Nope.

Q2. I want *put lossy format here*
A2. Hmm, no. Those files were meant to match a professional release in quality. So, lossless had to be used.

Q3. I don't want to scroll through this huge mix? How can I split it?
A3. The best solution is actually NOT to split. Extract both files in the same folder and open the CUE file with Foobar2000, Winamp, VLC, The KMPlayer, etc. and it will act like split files and you will able to seek through it easily. If you really want to split, I suggest CUETools which is much more accurate than the the tool used in the tutorial in the pinned forum thread. It can even convert to your lossy format of your choice on the fly!

Q4. Any tips for printing?
A4. Unfortunately, I cannot help you much with that. Google will be your best friend for that. For what I know though, I know that there are printers that can print on printable-labels CD-Rs. For the booklet, be sure that your printer can print, in color, on glossy paper (ideally) and print of both sides. That's all I can say.

Q5. Any good software to burn these.
A5. Yes there are. IMGBurn should do the trick. Since that IMGBurn does not read FLAC files initially, you will need to install K-Lite Codec Pack basic. If you already installed such pack, you won't need to install anything. Only IMGBurn.

Q6. Can you tell me how to burn a CD-A from your files with IMGBurn.
A6. Sure.
  1. Extract all the files.
  2. Both the FLAC and CUE files must be in the same folders.
  3. Open IMGBurn from the Start Menu/Screen. Choose "Write IMAGE file to disc".
  4. From the SOURCE section, click the small folder with a magnifying glass or go in the FILE menu then select "Browse for a source file".
  5. Select the CUE file.
  6. Insert a CD-R
  7. Finally, click the big button or go to the FILE menu then Write.
There you go.

Q7. Does "The Good Records" really exist?
A7. I kind of created that name to make it look official. Imo, I'll try top keep that name and catalog number implements for the future.

Q8. Upload the files to (put hoster here)
A8. No. Just use an updated browser and you should be fine. Seriously.

Q9. You said that you would look into adding engine sounds to the mix... is there?
A9. Unfortunately, no. I tried my best to do so however, it's hard to make it sound good while keeping musical quality. On top of that, I don't exactly found the perfect and varied samples to do so.

Q10. Wait, this intro is familiar...
A10. Here, maybe?

Q11a. Why is some songs so chipmunked?!
A11a. Songs were sped up to 160BPM for the mixing. The most chipmunked song is "It's My Life" by Dusty because it was increased by a mighty 20 BPM.

Q11b. There are ways to increase BPM without chipmunking the songs are there?
A11b. Yes there are. However, they are highly imprecise and degrades the music quality more than you would expect. The method used to speed up the music is by percentage. So, I would have to find that value for each track. On top of that, for some values, it might be impossible to get an exact 160BPM value.

Q11c. But could you have varied the BPm throughout the mix instead of using a single speed?
A11c. I could yes. However, this is much more difficult to do especially when you don't have single beats for each of the track. With the material I had, it would have been much more time consuming AND quality would degrade. I think this method is best when the general BPM between a group of song has two opposites. For exemple, 15 songs ranges from 130 to 140 while the other 15 range from 155 to 165. Here the range was 140 to 160. The most chipmunked were, of course, in the 140s.

On that, enjoy!

This post has been edited by Lebon14 on Jul 9 2014, 07:28 PM
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Takahashi Rensuke
Posted: Aug 26 2013, 04:56 AM

The Blue Lightning

Member No.: 36,245

YES YES YES YES YES!!!!! (Sorry about the spam, but I couldn't help myself! w00t2.gif )

I fuc*ing wanted to download this right now! But sadly I'm running low on bandwidth sad.gif
I guess I'll have to download tomorrow in an internet cafe...

It's gonna be a sleepless night!
The Invoker
Posted: Aug 26 2013, 05:28 AM

IDW Senior Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 41,855

QUOTE (Takahashi Rensuke @ 31 minutes, 54 seconds ago)
YES YES YES YES YES!!!!! (Sorry about the spam, but I couldn't help myself! w00t2.gif )

I fuc*ing wanted to download this right now! But sadly I'm running low on bandwidth sad.gif
I guess I'll have to download tomorrow in an internet cafe...

It's gonna be a sleepless night!

Awww man that sucks sooo much!

AS FOR THIS... YES! IM SO STOKED TO DOWNLOAD IT! Thanks again Lebon you're one rad dude
K1RZA
Posted: Aug 26 2013, 11:11 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 26,168

Lebon14
Very nice mix. I can share this album with my friends on another website? happy.gif
Archbishop Banana
Posted: Aug 26 2013, 01:25 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 41,506

YES!!!!! FINALLY!!!
Lebon14
  Posted: Aug 26 2013, 03:19 PM

🎧

QUOTE (C1RZA @ 4 hours, 8 minutes ago)
Lebon14
Very nice mix. I can share this album with my friends on another website? happy.gif

Of course, you can. The only thing is that you need to credit the megamix to me.

EDIT

Thanks all for the cheers, hope you all enjoy!

This post has been edited by Lebon14 on Aug 26 2013, 03:20 PM
DigiBunny
Posted: Aug 27 2013, 08:24 AM

Reading is magic!

Member No.: 30,700

I greatly enjoyed this, Lebon. Thank you.

I was just about to ask about Engine and Tire screeching when I looked at the FAQ.
Colin
Posted: Aug 27 2013, 08:32 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 40,691

QUOTE (Lebon14 @ Yesterday, 3:19 PM)
Thanks all for the cheers, hope you all enjoy!

Definitely enjoying this, Lebon! Many thank yoooouus. C:

DigiBunny and I spazzed out so bad when we saw this up.
Made my commute home much more enjoyable. (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Lebon14
  Posted: Aug 28 2013, 07:50 AM

🎧

Thank you all.
I'll be definitely be making more mixes in the future, so keep an eye out. My next mix will probably be the Eurobeat of 2013. I'll probably mix Italian Eurobeat with Japanese Eurobeat (mainly Touhou related).
G3n3ralTao
Posted: Jan 1 2018, 12:14 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 49,370

This compilation is AWESOME!
Great to listen in the car happy.gif