Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing Yuzo Koshiro - Masaki's Theme

Important Rules
• Do not post any obscene material. (i.e. - nudity, explicit graphic situations ... etc.)
• Put a viewer discretion somewhere in your topic title / description when posting topic(s) that others might find offensive. (i.e. - Not Work Safe, PG13 ... etc.)

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

15 Pages  « 9 10 11 12 13 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 119,175  ·  Replies: 357 
> Political Discussion, Election is over, post rare policies

Who shall be King?
MAGA [ 13 ]  [68.42%]
Hilldawg [ 3 ]  [15.79%]
Some third party bullshit [ 3 ]  [15.79%]
Total Votes: 19
Guests cannot vote 
Master0fMadness
Posted on Feb 15 2017, 07:00 PM

Midnight Lover
Group Icon

Group: PONY FANATIC
Member No.: 46,279

HAHAHA, the guy in charge who bungled installing the transitionary government in Iraq? facepalm.gif
Nomake Wan
Posted on Feb 15 2017, 10:36 PM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

In other news, the Carls/Hardees guy is a no-go for labor secretary. Something about being unelectable. I think he gave up too early--just look at the rest of Trump's cabinet! They got in, so you totally had a chance! awesome.gif

We're one month in and already there's been more absolute shit than the past three presidencies (24 years!) combined. Okay, that's an exaggeration...but the sad bit is it's not that much of one. Every day I wake up and there's some new nonsense, and on most days you get at least three new amazing new incidents to wrestle with. It's astounding.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 960 x 828. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

I'm just waiting to hear back from the Trump voters I know as to how long the rest of us are supposed to 'wait and see' before officially calling this presidency the shit-show it is. derp.gif They've been letting the non-Trump-voters talk undisputed too much in this thread lately, I think. Come on, Trump voters! Don't worry, we won't bite--we'd just like to have an adult discussion with facts and evidence and snarky smiley faces! smile.gif

EDIT: Hey, can we talk about how the GOP wants to "move on" from investigations into their latest shitstorm...the same GOP that did, what, 30 investigations into Benghazi over 2 years? Or how about this gem right here, straight from the man himself:

user posted image

What a great idea, President Trump! awesome.gif

EDIT 2: Holy fuck he's holding a press conference. A reporter just asked him what specifically he's going to do about the inner cities since that was a strong message he used as part of his platform. HE SAID NOTHING FOR TEN MINUTES. "We're gonna be strong on inner cities." He then just told a bunch of stories about inner cities. ZERO POLICY. ZERO!! Holy fuck, then he asks the reporter--who asked if he was including the CBC in the hearings--to set up the meeting because she's black so she must be able to do it!

Trump voters, please, how? What is it about this guy that made you go, "Yeppers, this guy totally earned my ballot!" He has zero policy! Nothing! He just talks and talks and says nothing! I don't understand it! I don't understand how I have friends who are perfectly intelligent human beings who honestly cast a vote for this person thinking it was a good idea! derp.gif

EDIT 3: https://twitter.com/Diane_7A/status/832310730925961218

Uranium's bad mmkay? derp.gif

This post has been edited by Nomake Wan on Feb 17 2017, 12:44 AM
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
xiao
Posted on Feb 17 2017, 09:45 AM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Yesterday, 12:36 AM)
user posted image

user posted image

~ user posted image
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Nomake Wan
Posted on Feb 17 2017, 09:56 AM

ShiMACHaze

And still crickets from the Trump voters. Come on! You all thought it was a great idea, right!? You had faith in him as your president, right!? So come on out and defend your convictions!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
xiao
  Posted on Feb 17 2017, 10:06 AM

moon bunny

Hindsight 20/20 in some far distant future ~

I think we'll all look back in retrospect when living under a new form of autonomous rule ... akin to be called something like ~

I don't know maybe 'The United States of Google' And we'll laugh to ourselves & say:

"Remember when our country, filled with so much vast awe-some land & beautiful people of diverse cultures & backgrounds, was governed by 45+ congressionally elected buffoons and an exo-democracy whence rule wasn't actually ... ya' know democratic per se?"

And we'll laugh ~ cause everyone will be rich and young and healthy & remember that human beings in general are either lawful or chaotic good - but good nonetheless!

And there's actually no need for the law because ~ the law was already written in our hearts from birth to death & possibly beyond~

..... yeah ~ one day! user posted image

This post has been edited by xiao on Feb 17 2017, 11:17 AM
RalliKai
Posted on Feb 17 2017, 11:40 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 3,607

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 1 hour, 44 minutes ago)
And still crickets from the Trump voters. Come on! You all thought it was a great idea, right!? You had faith in him as your president, right!? So come on out and defend your convictions!

He's dismantling the ACA so I'm actually kind of pleased so far and I'm not even a Trump surrogate. Outside of the sand kicking that's going on between both parties and the media, I'm surprised with the amount Angry Orange has pushed through and the equal amount of hysteria coming from the left.
Nomake Wan
Posted on Feb 17 2017, 11:48 AM

ShiMACHaze

Dismantling the ACA without a replacement is a good thing? I'm sorry if I don't quite see eye-to-eye with you on that, what with my health insurance coming directly from the ACA and all. If it's dismantled and has nothing to replace it--which he has admitted is the case--then I'm back to the situation I was in a decade ago when I nearly had to declare bankruptcy at age 21 because of a single ER visit. No thanks.

And the amount he's pushed through...such as what, exactly? I mean, no doubt he's been going ham with the executive orders, but a tragic few are actually worth talking about in a reasonably positive light. Are there any particular ones that you think are worth discussing as a net positive? Do the net positive orders count as a majority or a minority of what he's 'pushed through'? Kind of important questions.

"He's just doing what he said he would on the campaign trail" and "he's been doing a lot of stuff" are not valid defenses of his insane policies. Those campaign promises were insane when they were on the campaign trail and they're still insane now. Plus you still have that his administration, only a month in, is now caught in even crazier shit than what he accused Hillary of and oh, wait, no, we don't wanna talk about that, can't we just move on? Why don't we just ignore all of this, because MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN.

user posted image

And Xiao, we get it, you don't like it when people get 'heated' online, but hopefully I can get some solid answers from Trump voters here without too much jazz hands getting in the way, eh? wink2.gif

This post has been edited by Nomake Wan on Feb 17 2017, 11:49 AM
xiao
Posted on Feb 17 2017, 12:00 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 11 minutes, 59 seconds ago)
And Xiao, we get it, you don't like it when people get 'heated' online, but hopefully I can get some solid answers from Trump voters here without too much jazz hands getting in the way, eh? wink2.gif

I know I know ~ I'm sorry haha ... laugh.gif user posted image ~

This post has been edited by xiao on Feb 17 2017, 12:02 PM
RalliKai
Posted on Feb 17 2017, 01:33 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 3,607

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 1 hour, 45 minutes ago)
Dismantling the ACA without a replacement is a good thing? I'm sorry if I don't quite see eye-to-eye with you on that, what with my health insurance coming directly from the ACA and all. If it's dismantled and has nothing to replace it--which he has admitted is the case--then I'm back to the situation I was in a decade ago when I nearly had to declare bankruptcy at age 21 because of a single ER visit. No thanks.

And the amount he's pushed through...such as what, exactly? I mean, no doubt he's been going ham with the executive orders, but a tragic few are actually worth talking about in a reasonably positive light. Are there any particular ones that you think are worth discussing as a net positive? Do the net positive orders count as a majority or a minority of what he's 'pushed through'? Kind of important questions.

"He's just doing what he said he would on the campaign trail" and "he's been doing a lot of stuff" are not valid defenses of his insane policies. Those campaign promises were insane when they were on the campaign trail and they're still insane now. Plus you still have that his administration, only a month in, is now caught in even crazier shit than what he accused Hillary of and oh, wait, no, we don't wanna talk about that, can't we just move on? Why don't we just ignore all of this, because MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN.

http://i.imgur.com/IXYslHC.jpg

It was because of the ACA that I was kicked off my insurance originally and had to go without health coverage up until only 6 months ago because the premiums were just too far out of my budget. Had a few scares along the way. Do I want a replacement in short order once there is a repeal? Absolutely.

Revival of the keystone pipeline, picking Judge Gorsich, withdrawel from TPP, along with ongoing deregulations. That doesn't even touch the travel ban for all its controversy and how shortlived it was (for now). No big legislation has been pushed through but what he's done isn't peanuts. What's seen as a "net positive" to one person under their circumstances though may be seen as negative to another. I think the level of polarization in this country speaks for itself in that regard.

I haven't agreed with all his moves nor his appointments but I see some of what was listed above as positive and I feel more positives coming from his proposed plans than I do negatives. Particularly in the potential for improving economic and wage growth.
Nomake Wan
Posted on Feb 17 2017, 01:51 PM

ShiMACHaze

Once I'm not on mobile I'll go through what he's done since the inauguration and list positive/negative item by item. That should make it much more clear where I'm coming from, and why the majority of what he's done has been a net negative thus far. Or more Trump voters can offer their thoughts, that would be pretty awesome too. smile.gif

I do agree that withdrawing from the TPP and restarting DAPL were good moves, but then he goes and kills net neutrality and ruins everything, so...

EDIT: I'm back. Here we go. Spoiler because this is a huuuuuuge bitch.

EXECUTIVE ORDERS:
SPOILER

So out of 12 EOs, we have and 1 positive, 4 negative and 7 neutral. Hardly a net positive, and most of them don't actually do anything and are nothing but a waste of time. Let's move on.

EXECUTIVE MEMORANDUMS:
SPOILER

For the 12 memorandums, we have 4 positive, 3 negative and 5 neutral. Slightly positive, but memorandums don't have as much effect as EOs. Still not a good split. Let's move right along to the people Trump surrounds himself with and puts into power.

You see, for this one, I'm just going to go ahead and say that the one person I respect is Mattis, and the one person I don't know about yet is Gorsuch because he doesn't have enough of a record in issues I care about. He does have some interesting beliefs regarding religion--saying one thing and then doing another--but I'll keep him neutral for now.

Then you have Betsy DeVos, who has a distaste for public education and a love of private religious academies. As her first act in office, she sent out a letter that essentially said, "All you school districts should keep abiding by that one anti-discrimination thing and whatever, but just FYI, we're gonna try to strike it down so you might not have to care but for now you do so keep up the good work." You can read her letter here: https://www2.ed.gov/documents/press-release...essa-letter.pdf

Next up we have Steve Bannon. 'Nuff said.

Next we have Ajit Pai, Trump's head of the FCC, whose first action in office was to kill the investigation into zero rating by several cellular companies for violating net neutrality. He was a clear opponent of net neutrality before being placed in that position and it's obvious he's going to do his best to kill it while there. Total net negative for normal people, but I guess if you work for a service provider in upper management you're taking a sick vacation right about now to celebrate. I don't fall into that category, so this is definitely a no-go.

Next is Scott Pruit, head of the EPA, who hates the EPA and denies that any change in climate over the course of human industrialization has anything to do with human industrialization. Net negative.

Oh, how about Rick Perry to head the DoE? The same department he couldn't remember the name of during a debate. The same one that, during his confirmation hearing, he had this to say about: "My past statements made over five years ago about abolishing the Department of Energy do not reflect my current thinking. In fact, after being briefed on so many of the vital functions of the Department of Energy, I regret recommending its elimination." Oh man, my bad, I had no idea they actually served a purpose when I shouted about axing them completely, my bad! derp.gif

And none of this--none of this--gets into Trump's day-to-day activities where he makes shit up, spouts off blatant lies, proves his incompetence, gets into fights on Twitter, claims that everything he doesn't like is fake news, and causes several snafus. Nor does it touch on the national security issue that he'd like to sweep under the rug and not talk about, nor does it touch on himself and his fellows doing many of the same things they accused Hillary of at the top of their lungs, nor does it touch on the fact that Trump still can't separate his previous businesses from the presidency, nor does it touch on Kellyanne Conway... I can keep going! That's the sad part--I can keep going! facepalm.gif

It's a comedy. Actually it's a tragedy for the American people, but it's at least comical how ridiculous Trump's picks have been. So, in short, there's my analysis of why this has, so far, been a net negative. Discuss.

This post has been edited by Nomake Wan on Feb 17 2017, 11:44 PM
Master0fMadness
Posted on Feb 19 2017, 07:27 AM

Midnight Lover
Group Icon

I'm not a fan of pipelines at all, but everything else I totally agree with.

Sensation!
Posted on Feb 19 2017, 09:44 AM

As expected of country grown vegetables
Group Icon

Group: Special Snowflake
Member No.: 19,520

Since my name was brought up

Sec. 14.  Privacy Act.  Agencies shall, to the extent consistent with applicable law, ensure that their privacy policies exclude persons who are not United States citizens or lawful permanent residents from the protections of the Privacy Act regarding personally identifiable information. 

I think its worded rather poorly.
It can be taken to mean it will exclude Non-US citizens and Lawful Permanent residents, or it will exclude Non-US citizens and not lawful permanent residents. (ie: Carl is not smart or attractive. Carl is not smart and Carl is not attractive, rather than Carl is not smart, but Carl is attractive) Only the big bosses know what its supposed to mean.

That said there's several types of immigration classes, This DOES however mean that those under student or work visa's aren't subject to the privacy act. Legally, a permanent resident refers ONLY to those who hold green cards. So if you don't have a green card and aren't a US citizen, you can legally be snooped on.

Do I think it sucks? yep.
Do I think its necessary? not really.
Do I think does anything? I think screening and vetting should happen prior to issuing people visas. At least that's how it should be in an ideal world.

That said, as an immigrant in a foreign country, you sort of have to expect to be scrutinized, and as sad as it sounds, you really can't expect equal representation or treatment.
You weren't invited to come, so it's up to the graciousness of the house. After all, their house, their rules and their people can show you kindness or skepticism. I'm 100% okay with that and any peaceful immigrant to any foreign place should put away the notion of expecting to be treated as a king.

Nomake Wan
Posted on Feb 19 2017, 10:18 AM

ShiMACHaze

@MoM: We've had this discussion before. The facts of the pipelines in question show that the primary arguments against them are total and complete bullshit. They were halted for political reasons to look good in front of terrorist snowflakes.

@Sensation: Whoops, I may have misread, shiz. I thought it had said it excludes lawful permanent residents. It's still questionable but it's not as bad as my first reading. Won't change the verdict. I don't expect you to be treated like a king--just as a human being. I do agree that the vetting takes place before issuing a Visa and if someone disagrees then that is in itself disagreeing with the vetting process. So, that being the case, lay out your disagreements with said process and work them out. Trump, to my knowledge, has not done that.

Posted on Feb 24 2017, 01:26 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Member No.: 16,670

this is one of the finniest jokes i came across so far. Seth Meyers did a great job here.

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac_C6Js3Iac )

Master0fMadness
Posted on Mar 4 2017, 01:16 PM

Midnight Lover
Group Icon

And now we have Rick Perry in charge of the department of Energy and Ben Carson in charge of housing and urban development.

Yep. Pretty boned.

Posted on Mar 5 2017, 01:08 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

laugh2.gif i guess Obama found trump's paper cup and tube main phone line and hooked into it without trump's permission. i honestly dont know whatever trump will think of next, this newest unfounded claim just add to a long list already. i cant wait to see a pic proving a 3rd cup was connected to trumps phone line. though its probably a sideffect of staying up late posting comments on social media sites.

This post has been edited by 207 on Mar 5 2017, 01:09 PM
Master0fMadness
Posted on Mar 6 2017, 02:43 PM

Midnight Lover
Group Icon

"I just found out They tapped my wires!"

Seriously, this guy, just... ugh...

Is it any surprise why his administration is leaking like a civ?

And hey, check who's hitting the Sunday morning talk shows!
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 720 x 960. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Nomake Wan
Posted on Mar 6 2017, 03:23 PM

ShiMACHaze

And before Kyonpalm can chime in, that an Obama press secretary said "I know Obama did not do any such thing but I literally have no way of telling you about the goings-on of the justice department" is not a "smoking gun" vilifying Trump'sBreitbart's claim of wiretapping, it's exactly what it says on the tin. Want to know if Obama ordered it? No, he did not. Want to know of the Justice department was investigating Trump? Ask the Justice department.

Sigh. I was hoping the whole fact-checking critical-thinking-faculty-use shit would end once the election ended but boy was I wrong...

Posted on Apr 24 2017, 06:26 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

say what you want about this but it literally took me only 2 minutes to arrange the pic but IMO it rings very true for him.

Attached Image (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image
Nomake Wan
Posted on Apr 24 2017, 07:01 PM

ShiMACHaze

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=claPetUPO7s )

Make great deals! derp.gif
Posted on Apr 24 2017, 07:43 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 42 minutes, 0 seconds ago)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=claPetUPO7s

Make great deals! derp.gif

lol and somehow he finds time for golf 2-3 times a week laugh2.gif well look at the bright side, at least he isnt golfing 24/7. he divides the time equally between golf and twitter rants facepalm.gif

or is this one of the golf's secrets: invite foreign dignitaries/powerful people for a few round of golf to cunduct business on many thousand hectares of land better spent on better/more eficient use than hitting a ball with a crocked stick. atleast he got the crocked part right.

im honestly not surprised he hasnt done much so far. he apparently cant close deals, rants like an angry 8 yr old boy on twitter, makes crazy claims/proposals, obsessed with ratings/suspense, places blame on everyone else for his own failures/deficiencies, isnt a fan of the environment unless it directly makes him more money, cant seem to remember his claims/selective memory span, lives in alternate universe with "alternative" facts, not very supportive of any reliable government intelligence agencies, a NOOB when it comes to foreign policies, has only 1 mode: crazy, very thin skin, doesnt know what diplomacy is, lives in LALA land, having tax returns under constant review to deny the population a clear picture of his life/hide questionable deals and just in general blows smoke up into everyones' asses. im sure i missed a few dozen other things but who cares about that any?? its just "Fake news" laugh2.gif laugh2.gif

edit: i forget to mention the vacuous comments on his plans and how things are actually going.

i post this picture with great regret as id rather not connect the 2 topics but i must do so
sad.gif

This post has been edited by 207 on Apr 24 2017, 07:58 PM

Attached Image
xiao
Posted on Apr 24 2017, 11:00 PM

moon bunny

Out of all the important candidates running for Prez in 2020:

・ Bernie
・ Hillary
・ Kanye
・ Perlman
・ Oprah Winfrey
・ Arnold
・ Trump
・ Snoop

I think the one who promises to legalize Marijuana on a Nationwide scale (Oprah) will win the heart & vote of America.

SPOILER
Nomake Wan
Posted on Apr 25 2017, 05:51 AM

ShiMACHaze

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2Dop7haDnY#t=2m25s )

Just more reminders of how ridiculous this is. So Trump voters, how we doin'? Makin' America Great Again yet? derp.gif
xiao
Posted on Apr 25 2017, 08:49 AM

moon bunny

And that is why I like late night talk shows laugh.gif

user posted image
Posted on Apr 25 2017, 09:02 AM

Hiretsuna rōjin

QUOTE (xiao @ 12 minutes, 49 seconds ago)
And that is why I like late night talk shows laugh.gif

https://imgur.com/ep2G0Uq.jpg

i think you got he wrong tweet screen there. i beleive this is the right one.

Attached Image

15 Pages  « 9 10 11 12 13 »