Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing Sophie - Don't You (Forget About My Love)

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 5 here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

30 Pages  « 2 3 4 5 6 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 78,887  ·  Replies: 733 
> IDAS5 Technical Thread, Temporary Tech Discussion Thread
stormfox
Posted: Mar 24 2009, 04:40 PM

Underdog Nutcase

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 32,096

QUOTE (Tsyta @ 1 hour, 34 minutes ago)
how should i know these things...

we'll find out when i tune my car a bit tomorow.

at the very least the topmost gear should be able to accelerate at the start of Akina DH before the first hairpin corner...

give it a go... if still stuck at a 2nd topmost gear.. then its most likely accel problem
Gunma's 34
Posted: Mar 24 2009, 05:48 PM

The R34's chosen one

Member No.: 27,787

Darn it all! You guys gets de good stuff while wez don't (the places w/o IDAS5 EXP)...
Tsyta
Posted: Mar 24 2009, 06:04 PM

IDW Banned Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 32,272

QUOTE (stormfox @ 1 hour, 23 minutes ago)
at the very least the topmost gear should be able to accelerate at the start of Akina DH before the first hairpin corner...

give it a go... if still stuck at a 2nd topmost gear.. then its most likely accel problem

already did that it doesnt work lol.

the top gears dont accel at ALL. on any course ;s.
J]-[UN
Posted: Mar 24 2009, 07:17 PM

IDW Supremo Member

Member No.: 5,953

From what I noticed, the speed cap for each gear is identical between a stock and FT car....so apart from maybe acceleration does tuning affect anything else?

eg. stock 86 and ft 86, both cars' 3rd gear maxes at 135kmph on akina, 4th gear maxes at 153.
DRIFTGEAR
Posted: Mar 24 2009, 07:38 PM

IDW Senior Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 31,624

Excuse me but if anyone has time and are willing to do so could someone post a response of how 3rd person feels in this game, how it is different to initial d 4 and how it is different to 1st person ID5
Jerry Liu
Posted: Mar 24 2009, 10:26 PM

I <333 Taylor Swift!!!

Member No.: 29,300

QUOTE (Rei.G @ Yesterday, 7:02 PM)
i would suggest FC3S. Crown of Akagi DH and on par or even better than FD on some DH courses.

I'm not much of a fan of the FC, so I don't wanna tune one solely for Akagi Downhill. I'd rather have a car that I like that also performs well on any Downhill course, and that's where the MR2 comes in. But after driving both the MR2 and FD on Akina and Akagi Downhill, I think the MR2 is a better downhill car than the FD simply because it's lighter, more agile, and turns faster than my FD. However, it lacks in the acceleratin apartment compared to my FD, as well. But that's just my opinion.
The FD is obviously the better uphill car because it has more power.
When our arcade get 5, I will probably be using my FD on Happogahaara and maybe Nagao because after watching the videos, it doesn't seem to have as many sharp hairpins compared to Akina and Akagi.
Again, I am NOT going to tune a car I don't really want simply because it's the course car. A part of me kinda want an MRS, though...

This post has been edited by Jerry Liu on Mar 24 2009, 11:00 PM
J]-[UN
Posted: Mar 25 2009, 04:48 AM

IDW Supremo Member

Are you supposed to tap apex on iro? I seem to keep getting accel penalty in cp1 even though I brake very early and take the corners about 60 without hitting any walls.

But in cp2/3, I can tap the apex and accelerate early with no accel penalty.
shadow_z3r0
Posted: Mar 25 2009, 07:53 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 20,944

omg yian, you're alive!!

tuning affects accel only this time around. possibly handling but nothing too drastic. the difference between a stock and ft car is about 10-15 seconds.

you CAN tap the apex on iro, granted you know how to do it. because a hard tap would destroy your accel, whenyour only mission is actually to get the best line.

about your cp 1, i take the corners about 50-60. no more, no less. it's optimum for now. and shifting plays a VERY big part as well. when you brake and go into the corner, you already got to be in gear 2 when you hit apex. 3-in 2-out screws your acceleration.

so basically when approaching a corner, brake hard, shift down till gear 2, slowly turn into the corner and taking the best line(note: don't drift out, take the inner line all the way. and don't fully lock the steering too early, or the accel goes as well.), and then accelerate. repeat for most of the corners.

for the jumps, the slower the better with the best line. like seriously 40-50kmph.

hope that helps

This post has been edited by shadow_z3r0 on Mar 25 2009, 07:55 AM
Rei.G
Posted: Mar 25 2009, 08:51 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 32,210

QUOTE (shadow_z3r0 @ 58 minutes, 10 seconds ago)

tuning affects accel only this time around. possibly handling but nothing too drastic. the difference between a stock and ft car is about 10-15 seconds.

the differences is only about 6s

edit: i tried a stock DC2 and managed to hit 2'56 in akagi DH, whereas my FT FD fastest is 2'50. same for the rest of the map, the margin is only 6s~7s

This post has been edited by Rei.G on Mar 25 2009, 08:57 AM
shadow_z3r0
Posted: Mar 25 2009, 08:55 AM

IDW Prime Member

depands on what map we're talking about.

if you take into account maps that need accel like akina and myogi, then it's definitely more than 6s.

i'm only generalising, because it was like that for my car. lets not start nitpicking

This post has been edited by shadow_z3r0 on Mar 25 2009, 08:55 AM
Rei.G
Posted: Mar 25 2009, 08:58 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 32,210

QUOTE (shadow_z3r0 @ 2 minutes, 52 seconds ago)
depands on what map we're talking about.

if you take into account maps that need accel like akina and myogi, then it's definitely more than 6s.

i'm only generalising, because it was like that for my car. lets not start nitpicking

i tried a lot of map including akina, nagao, akagi, iro, happo.
still only 6~7s difference nia.
shadow_z3r0
Posted: Mar 25 2009, 09:01 AM

IDW Prime Member

dunno la. maybe it is, maybe it's not.

but it's just to say that the difference between stock and a ft car is HUGE.
Bu`DoNg
Posted: Mar 25 2009, 09:05 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 28,286

of cos.. that is why its called STOCK and FULL TUNE.. laugh.gif since id came out till now its always like that.. hahhahaa~

how i wish arcade open 24 hrs...can go full tune my car now.. =X
shadow_z3r0
Posted: Mar 25 2009, 09:10 AM

IDW Prime Member

it wasn't that huge in id2 and id3. i mean there was difference la, but not so big. you can use astock car to whack a fully tuned car that was at lvl31. boost off, at least still can be on the ft car's tail.

but now, it's hard because in id4, top speed and accel was so much different, and now id5 the accel is sooo much different. boost off, then sure kena smoke already. no chance of fighting back

yea i want 24/7 arcade..

too bad ecp closes so early these days

they use to open till 6am in the morning. everytime at this time i would be there playing if i was like troubled or just want to hang around.

This post has been edited by shadow_z3r0 on Mar 25 2009, 09:11 AM
ReiKiz
Posted: Mar 25 2009, 09:12 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 32,329

open till 6am?O_O
so shiok?
lols

Btw, doesnt pressing the accel at diff levels affect the car in anyway?
For instance, we all noe that flooring the accel too early makes the butt swing wide, wat abt not flooring it all the way? maybe abt half-way?
shadow_z3r0
Posted: Mar 25 2009, 09:17 AM

IDW Prime Member

yea, we're experementing accelerating at like at about half of the turn or 3/4 of the turn.

well, at least KC is, and it's very fruitful
venth85
Posted: Mar 25 2009, 11:29 AM

Hello again~~

Member No.: 21,309

anyone tried RX-7 Type RS body kit tunes yet?? does it have same parts from IDAS3 or added new one?? shifty2.gif
hahariz
  Posted: Mar 25 2009, 11:36 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 25,601

Tested a few cars, still havent made a card since they havent had any in stock...yet.

I have troubles playing with 6 gear cars on Nagao. Specifically the 3rd and 4th gear. Cant seems to find the right gear for the corners. Any vid on Nagao with 6 gear cars anyone? If its outbound that would be even better.
stormfox
Posted: Mar 25 2009, 03:02 PM

Underdog Nutcase

Member No.: 32,096

QUOTE (hahariz @ 3 hours, 25 minutes ago)
Tested a few cars, still havent made a card since they havent had any in stock...yet.

I have troubles playing with 6 gear cars on Nagao. Specifically the 3rd and 4th gear. Cant seems to find the right gear for the corners. Any vid on Nagao with 6 gear cars anyone? If its outbound that would be even better.

same for 5speed actually...

but from what i observed... Full Tune the car... then the gears will be more powerful and can pull better in the low range
V5?!
Posted: Mar 25 2009, 04:43 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 32,231

QUOTE (Jerry Liu @ Yesterday, 10:26 PM)
I'm not much of a fan of the FC, so I don't wanna tune one solely for Akagi Downhill. I'd rather have a car that I like that also performs well on any Downhill course, and that's where the MR2 comes in. But after driving both the MR2 and FD on Akina and Akagi Downhill, I think the MR2 is a better downhill car than the FD simply because it's lighter, more agile, and turns faster than my FD. However, it lacks in the acceleratin apartment compared to my FD, as well. But that's just my opinion.
The FD is obviously the better uphill car because it has more power.
When our arcade get 5, I will probably be using my FD on Happogahaara and maybe Nagao because after watching the videos, it doesn't seem to have as many sharp hairpins compared to Akina and Akagi.
Again, I am NOT going to tune a car I don't really want simply because it's the course car. A part of me kinda want an MRS, though...

haiya .. if u wan a car that can perform in every map .. take SPRINTER TRUENO GT-APEX[AE86]... no need to argue wad car good wad car bad in here .. its all prooven in japanese internet ranking .. go find out urself .. u dun believe me ask others... an average performer is 86 if you got the world class skill.. not fd . not mr-2 .. but i wana tell you... a pro that drives a BNR 34 can do a 3"12"??? in akina DHD ... can you do a 3"12"??? with a trueno? if u cannot do a 3"12??? ... there is no difference between the AE86 and Skyline R-34... important is skill .. if ur time attack is +3 seconds to world record... then its the time for you to choose ur car ...

its not fd is not good .. it's the 2nd average car of the game and there is not much different btwn that two type .
Fuzz
Posted: Mar 25 2009, 06:00 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 25,618

course car makes alot of difference, my fd rs car is 66555 and by the time i reach the first right corner (not hairpin) i get to 144km. i saw another guy drive an ae86 barely tuned doing 146. his speeds are similar to mine so course cars have their difference this way.
J]-[UN
Posted: Mar 25 2009, 07:24 PM

IDW Supremo Member

Hi Dom,

Emmm yeah I am taking corners on iro extremely slowly and braking very early, its just that I noticed that I keep getting hit by accel penalty after the first 2 corners of cp1 compared to the rest of the course for some strange reason (as in the acceleration for 2nd gear and the lower 3rd gear band is slightly slower than normal).

Not too sure of the entry angle for some of the corners on iro where you approach at almost 110 (or higher) too, the turn doesn't feel 'smooth' to me, like I'm spending too much time forcing the car to go around, unlike Akina which I've gotten the hang of.

I also find that I can start accelerating out of corners in Iro much earlier compared to other maps with no penalty to acceleration or skewage to lining, but I can't be certain since I'm still in the learning stages of this game.

Btw, what advantages does a course car have? Im using a MR2 on Akina and I have the same top speeds for each gear as a ft 86, and the acceleration isn't noticeably different (for eg, that little right curve right before the 1st corner of CP3, I can hit 168 with a 20% tuned MR2 while this 86 doing 3'09"7 did 170). Also, the difference in handling during corners seem to be based more on the disparity in player skills compared to the cars...

This post has been edited by J]-[UN on Mar 25 2009, 07:28 PM
Tsyta
Posted: Mar 25 2009, 07:37 PM

IDW Banned Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 32,272

u can get penalty by braking too early or late, iro is very fun this time round once u hit the right time to brake u can take corners at 65~66 a lot.

and i think rei.g doesnt know what hes talking about.
J]-[UN
Posted: Mar 25 2009, 07:42 PM

IDW Supremo Member

Not taking sides but imo the difference in stock and FT is probably 5-6 secs or so.

I seriously cannot see a significant difference in acceleration, if there is, its probably something like a 2-3 % increase (which would amount to an average of 5-6 secs for a 3min 20 sec map).
shadow_z3r0
Posted: Mar 25 2009, 08:01 PM

IDW Prime Member

the thing with this game is that it's still a very weird game. despite having cars accelerating at the same rate etc, for some reason when you compare a fully tuned car to a stock car or a course car to a normal car, the course car/ft car will always win the race.

i posted earlier that on akina, the s turns before the RHOD, i managed to take it all at 140-150 with a good line. i got X time. another time i tried, when i braked to about 90-100 at the start of the s turns and accelerated till about 150 (no more) before the RHOD, with the same lining, i had -0'6XX from my X time.

it's just weird, so i don't know how to answer the question directly.

like i get better times using an ae86 on akina even when i hit the same speeds and use the same lining on my nb8c.

it's just weird

This post has been edited by shadow_z3r0 on Mar 25 2009, 08:02 PM

30 Pages  « 2 3 4 5 6 »