Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing (MF Ghost OST) Jay Lehr - Hi Love

Automotive Section Rules
• Scenes depicted in Initial D are strictly fiction. Please follow the traffic rules and drive safely.
• When posting a classified thread, please label it with For Sale (FS), For Trade (FT) or Want To Buy (WTB) in the thread title.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Personal videos of illegal street racing are prohibited. Do NOT brag about your exploits. Posting a video depicting dangerous/reckless driving behavior on your part will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

9 Pages  1 2 3 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 21,519  ·  Replies: 215 
> The 92' 3000GT SL project, and other rides I may work upon...
Tuskano
  Posted: Apr 28 2013, 02:08 PM

IDW Supremo Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 38,740

So, instead of putting all my pictures on the "I was bored and did something on my car" thread, I thought it would be better to do this for my 1992 3000gt sl.

Lots of cleaning and ect done. This weekend I had plasti-dipped my wheels to get rid of that nasty chrome. Debating on doing the piece around the bottom of my rear window too.

I did the top metal strip, but it is bubbling too much to look nice. Same with the passenger side black panel behind the passenger window.
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 960 x 720. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 960 x 720. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image

I also tried a plug idea for the holes a spoiler left behind. The holes are raised, so Bondo may not work with me having random raised bumps. I got some grommets, and then stuck the plastic plugs into them. So they are semi waterproff I am hoping. I am just one grommet too short, so the middle front is not really set in there.
user posted image

As for accesories... I got a plate cover. It was chromed out, so I plasti-dipped that too so it fits in better.
user posted image

user posted image

I also got a new fuel filter, but I will have to read up on the whole draining procedure before I get to installing it. Something about pulling one of my fuses and letting the fuel all out of my lines.

This post has been edited by Tuskano on Dec 29 2013, 10:01 PM
Rudy
Posted: Apr 28 2013, 03:59 PM

Unregistered

(THIS POST WAS REMOVED BY REQUEST)
Spaz
Posted: Apr 28 2013, 09:20 PM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

How're you spraying the dip? Straight out of a rattle can, I'd assume?

For the fuel filter, you'll have to pull the fuse that powers the fuel pump, and then crank the motor over and let it die numerous times until it stops firing at all. You'll still have some fuel in the lines but it won't be under pressure.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Apr 28 2013, 09:29 PM

Patient Zero

Member No.: 37,947

Still have that black sideview mirror I see. I like what you have done with the car and I can't wait for more updates! Nor can I wait to see it at this year's AX! Whoo! Keep up the amazing work! happy.gif
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 28 2013, 09:41 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

I liked the method for replacing the filter on my 280Z. You disconnect the battery, then pull the connector off of the cold-weather injector (a seventh fuel injector located before the intake manifold) and jump it with 12V for a few seconds to release all the line pressure. laugh2.gif

Ghetto as hell, but that's what Nissan says to do!
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
drankNmollys
Posted: Apr 28 2013, 10:05 PM

IDW Full Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 40,934

I liked the chrome sad.gif
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 28 2013, 10:08 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (drankNmollys @ 2 minutes, 14 seconds ago)
I liked the chrome sad.gif

*looks at username*
*looks at avatar*
*looks at signature*
*looks at post history*

Yes, I'll bet you did. troll.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
drankNmollys
Posted: Apr 28 2013, 10:13 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 40,934

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 5 minutes, 44 seconds ago)
*looks at username*
*looks at avatar*
*looks at signature*
*looks at post history*

You know how I do cool.gif

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1200 x 661. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

This post has been edited by drankNmollys on Apr 28 2013, 10:14 PM
Tuskano
  Posted: Apr 29 2013, 07:05 AM

IDW Supremo Member

QUOTE (Dorifuta @ Yesterday, 3:59 PM)
Those wheels are infinitely less rephehensible with the Plasti-Dip applied. Good call!

Thank you!

QUOTE (Spaz @ 9 hours, 34 minutes ago)
How're you spraying the dip? Straight out of a rattle can, I'd assume?

For the fuel filter, you'll have to pull the fuse that powers the fuel pump, and then crank the motor over and let it die numerous times until it stops firing at all. You'll still have some fuel in the lines but it won't be under pressure.

Yep, it is straight out of the can. My roommate has a spray gun that he bought... but he has to modify it to shoot right. He spent 3 bucks on it and all it does is drizzle out onto the user's hand.

Yes! I knew I had to pull the fuse, but I had to read up on what to do next lol. I can't get the landlord's driveway covered in fuel now can I? biggrin.gif

Still have that black sideview mirror I see. I like what you have done with the car and I can't wait for more updates! Nor can I wait to see it at this year's AX! Whoo! Keep up the amazing work!

I tried spraying the mirror with the plati-dip as well just to test it out... but it is bubbling up in places sad.gif. Might just take off the dip and leave it as it is. I can't wait to drive it there biggrin.gif Thank you!

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 9 hours, 13 minutes ago)
I liked the method for replacing the filter on my 280Z. You disconnect the battery, then pull the connector off of the cold-weather injector (a seventh fuel injector located before the intake manifold) and jump it with 12V for a few seconds to release all the line pressure. laugh2.gif

Ghetto as hell, but that's what Nissan says to do!

Lol, what works, works I guess!

QUOTE (drankNmollys @ 8 hours, 49 minutes ago)
I liked the chrome  sad.gif

I kinda liked it too. But when I first look at my car, the chrome took too much glory, as I want people to look at the car and not mostly the rims. Plus it was easier to see that 3 of my hubcaps were missing. Now it is less easy to tell.

I am thinking of downsizing from 19s to something like 17s... but for now spraying them a color I like is the cheeper route.
Spaz
Posted: Apr 29 2013, 08:25 PM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

QUOTE (Tuskano @ Today, 10:05 AM)
Yep, it is straight out of the can. My roommate has a spray gun that he bought... but he has to modify it to shoot right. He spent 3 bucks on it and all it does is drizzle out onto the user's hand.

What brand of gun? What style, is it airless or air-assisted?

I mean, at the end of the day I'd assume if he picked it up for that cheap that it's not spark contained, nor is it a conversion gun that hooks to a compressor, which would mean it's not in any way safe to use to spray Plasti Dip. To keep a drawn out explanation short, 'Dip has a flashpoint of NEGATIVE 20 degrees Fahrenheit, and sprayers that are not spark contained are capable of producing an open spark. You're spraying something near as flammable as gasoline with a gun that is basically an ignition source waiting to happen.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Shirogane
Posted: Apr 29 2013, 08:29 PM

SCREEEEEEECHING INTENSIFIES

Member No.: 17,722

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Yesterday, 11:08 PM)
*looks at username*
*looks at avatar*
*looks at signature*
*looks at post history*

Like I said, we need a fl0h. derp.gif

Also, I was a bit curious about the SL since I've been hearing rumors about the 3000GT's "fragile-like-glass" transmissions (a few posts actually came from here too), though how does it feel?
Lupin_III
Posted: Apr 29 2013, 09:21 PM

The Noble Keyboard Warrior

Member No.: 40,907

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Yesterday, 10:08 PM)
*looks at username*
*looks at avatar*
*looks at signature*
*looks at post history*

LMAO! laugh2.gif Well done, you made my day.

And it's about time your car got its own thread, I really like your 3000GT. I think you should lower your car just a bit though happy.gif

This post has been edited by Lupin_III on Apr 29 2013, 09:21 PM
Tuskano
  Posted: Apr 30 2013, 01:49 PM

IDW Supremo Member

QUOTE (Spaz @ Yesterday, 8:25 PM)
What brand of gun? What style, is it airless or air-assisted?

I mean, at the end of the day I'd assume if he picked it up for that cheap that it's not spark contained, nor is it a conversion gun that hooks to a compressor, which would mean it's not in any way safe to use to spray Plasti Dip. To keep a drawn out explanation short, 'Dip has a flashpoint of NEGATIVE 20 degrees Fahrenheit, and sprayers that are not spark contained are capable of producing an open spark. You're spraying something near as flammable as gasoline with a gun that is basically an ignition source waiting to happen.

Can't find it online so I'm providing my own. But it's by Mar Hyde and made completly out of plastic. Does not hook up to a air hose, and does not even make a spark. My roommate said it was 3 bucks >.>
SPOILER

QUOTE (Ken Nôgami @ Yesterday, 8:29 PM)
Like I said, we need a fl0h.  derp.gif

Also, I was a bit curious about the SL since I've been hearing rumors about the 3000GT's "fragile-like-glass" transmissions (a few posts actually came from here too), though how does it feel?

I was wondering if you were talking about fragile windows but then figured it out lol. I have yet to have a prolbem (knock on wood). My engine does not even leak... I would have found out if it did as the driveway it is usually on is super clean.

Shifting through gears is smooth as well. The only issue is the pin for my shifter is loose, so I can wiggle it back and forth. But other then that it is fine. That is somewhere on my to-do list. But as it presents no issues atm, it is good.

QUOTE (Lupin_III @ Yesterday, 9:21 PM)
LMAO!  laugh2.gif Well done, you made my day.

And it's about time your car got its own thread, I really like your 3000GT. I think you should lower your car just a bit though  happy.gif

Someday... someday...

My roommate has plans to buy adjustable coils for his Infiniti M45, so when he does that, I might do mine at the same time. Might just be easier that was as we will have everything out already.

This post has been edited by Tuskano on Apr 30 2013, 02:00 PM
Mr. Shine
Posted: Apr 30 2013, 04:07 PM

Troll King

Member No.: 3,757

QUOTE (Tuskano @ 2 hours, 17 minutes ago)
user posted image

laugh2.gif

That's not a spray gun, that's a rattle can attachment to make it easier and more comfortable to spray with.

This post has been edited by Mr. Shine on Apr 30 2013, 04:07 PM
Tuskano
  Posted: Apr 30 2013, 06:15 PM

IDW Supremo Member

QUOTE (Mr. Shine @ 2 hours, 8 minutes ago)
laugh2.gif

That's not a spray gun, that's a rattle can attachment to make it easier and more comfortable to spray with.

Ah! I look at the handle and call it a gun...
Rudy
Posted: Apr 30 2013, 06:21 PM

Unregistered

(THIS POST WAS REMOVED BY REQUEST)
Tuskano
  Posted: May 4 2013, 06:03 PM

IDW Supremo Member

So I washed my car today... used a hose and everything to detail it all out for a car meet/bbq everyone was doing today. I'll post up the pictures on the dope car thread I think. Afterwards, on my way home I went as far south from Imperial Beach as I could as I wanted to explore. At the end of the two lane road I was going down is a horse riding ranch people could do to ride a horse on a beach.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 960 x 540. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 960 x 540. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Now the tires are all dirty from the dust... but driving down the little road was fun. Then of course there was people here and there riding a horse on the road.

This post has been edited by Tuskano on May 4 2013, 06:03 PM
s12drifter
Posted: May 5 2013, 03:27 AM

The Lulz Boat

Member No.: 23,696

Nice GTO you don't see these cars a lot especially twin turbos. well at least i dont see them very much :x Nice ride anyway.
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: May 5 2013, 07:05 AM

Patient Zero

Member No.: 37,947

YOUR CAR IS SO PRETTY NOW! IS IT BAD THAT I'M TOTALLY FANGIRLING OVER IT?!?!? I'm so glad you're taking such wonderful care of your car though. Seriously. Great work! Keep it up! smile.gif

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Tuskano
  Posted: May 5 2013, 02:30 PM

IDW Supremo Member

QUOTE (s12drifter @ Today, 3:27 AM)
Nice GTO you don't see these cars a lot especially twin turbos. well at least i dont see them very much :x Nice ride anyway.

There is a SoCal group somewhere around the LA area that I have yet to see. But yea, so far I have seen only the second generations or the Stealths around my area.

QUOTE (THE_HONDA_CG2 @ 7 hours, 20 minutes ago)
YOUR CAR IS SO PRETTY NOW! IS IT BAD THAT I'M TOTALLY FANGIRLING OVER IT?!?!? I'm so glad you're taking such wonderful care of your car though. Seriously. Great work! Keep it up! smile.gif[/SIZE]

Lol, you must not have seen this I posted in the "I'm bored" thread. I think that is the reason that front black moustashe is there.

Yes! I will continue to love it! biggrin.gif
Tygur
Posted: May 5 2013, 02:49 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 40,507

Its looking good, I really like how the black on the wheels turned out. When I was at the junkyard, I nabbed a seat from one (well a stealth but I assume they are the same) for a sim cockpit because it looked hella comfy and had lots of features. So for someone living with one, is it comfy? Haven't been able to build the sim cockpit yet to test, nor could I test it at the junkyard.
Tuskano
  Posted: May 5 2013, 03:09 PM

IDW Supremo Member

QUOTE (Tygur @ 20 minutes, 27 seconds ago)
Its looking good, I really like how the black on the wheels turned out. When I was at the junkyard, I nabbed a seat from one (well a stealth but I assume they are the same) for a sim cockpit because it looked hella comfy and had lots of features. So for someone living with one, is it comfy? Haven't been able to build the sim cockpit yet to test, nor could I test it at the junkyard.

The driver's seat is comfy. It has a switch on the center piece where I can have the driver seat adjust itself in different ways. Bottom back could collapse inward or outward and the lower sides to open or close more on the driver so you don't slide sideways in the seat during tight turns. Mine has a cover over it where I have yet to take off and check out the seat itself... maybe I should do that.
Tuskano
  Posted: May 6 2013, 06:15 PM

IDW Supremo Member

I finally got a sound system for my car that works! Took my car over to the place that a friend refered me to (as he works there, and was coming to the car meets while also advertising his Kia that the shop worked on). Then they installed it in about 30 minutes. The manager then told me my rear speakers seem to be weak, along with the passenger side speaker... but dang... the quality of everything has gone up dramatically. I even have a working radio now (they had to disable the stock anttenne as it was making bad noise and was jammed).

The thing that makes me sad... is that they left the 3000 on while they were working on it (which is understandable). But I got to see how bad my smog was when the car is left on for a sizeable amount of time and not driven.

As I was leaving, I stopped at the first 4 way and waited to get onto the road. Light turned green, and I accellerated normally. All I could see in my sideview and rearview mirrors was a cropdust of white smoke from the exhaust, and it stayed at a disgusting level all the way to the next light. I am sure it was a sight to see by all those people waiting on their red lights.

That next red light there was a nice yellow Volkwagon Thing behind me and then the light turned green. Less smoke this time... but still. I feal bad for smogging out a Thing. Eventually it all cleared out. But that smoke made my car look true beater/kit car status... I didn't like it.
Tygur
Posted: May 6 2013, 06:35 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 40,507

Uh oh, spahgetti-os. er, I mean valve seals. Gonna get a pic of the new stereo setup?
Tuskano
  Posted: May 6 2013, 06:53 PM

IDW Supremo Member

QUOTE (Tygur @ 18 minutes, 2 seconds ago)
Uh oh, spahgetti-os. er, I mean valve seals. Gonna get a pic of the new stereo setup?

Perhapse tommorow. It is a CDE-141 by Alpine. It is nice and was easy to understand how to use without the manual. Easier to use my MP3 player on too. Then I'll also show what I graduated from lol.

You think it is the valve seals? Well, now I guess I might have two things I need to replace on it. Still has the weak startup issue too, and a friend at work said it might be wet sparkplugs that are too long. So I need to take those off and inspect, and then if needs replace, might go for E3s if I don't already ahve those there already.

9 Pages  1 2 3 »