Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (IRC)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 12 unique listeners, playing (WMMT3 OST) Just Flat Out

Important Rules
Do not post any obscene material. (i.e. - nudity, explicit graphic situations ... etc.)
Put a viewer discretion somewhere in your topic title / description when posting topic(s) that others might find offensive. (i.e. - Not Work Safe, PG13 ... etc.)

FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

400 Pages  « 398 399 400  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 251,462  ·  Replies: 9,998 
> Random Thoughts
xiao
Posted: Aug 21 2017, 10:47 AM

moon★bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 5 hours, 11 minutes ago)
That's because Gundam is a 'real robot' show. I'm not sure why you think otherwise. The closest you're going to get to a super-robo-Gundam is going to be Build Fighters and G Gundam.

You literally picked the wrong genre entirely.

And I literally picked THE epitome of Real Robot shows with Gundam laugh.gif

But I think there can be a happy medium of the style I like. Zone of the Enders 2 the game rubbed me in all the places I like w/o going too over the top Go Nagai or ultra realistic like Gundam. Which none of the Gundam VS games have wow'ed me like ZOE 2.

Quirky off-shoots of the style of mecha anime I like are Dangaioh & Megazone 23 .. the Macross Plus OVA & the Saturn Macross game too! But maybe I'm just in love with that 80's Artmic look that's impossible to recreate today cause computers & stuff ~ but yeah Gundam Seed is probably my fave Gundam show to date cause it gets close to what I want in a Gundam show.

I wish Sunrise/Bamco would somehow make a Super Robot Taisen anime, but copyrights be damned! I'd love to see that old guy in the black robot Anubis Egyptian horned God with 6 arms thing animated .. what was that robot called ?? God driver something eclipse I forgot ~ derp.gif
Nomake Wan
Posted: Aug 21 2017, 11:10 AM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

There is a happy medium, it just isn't Gundam.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
xiao
Posted: Aug 21 2017, 11:23 AM

moon★bunny

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 13 minutes, 9 seconds ago)
There is a happy medium, it just isn't Gundam.

I know Sensation's! fave Gundam is 00 .. Tessou's is probably G Gundam .. and Jake'zors fave Gundam I wanna say ~ Char's Counterattack .. What's yours ?? I take a crack it's probably Wing, which I still need to see, or at least the Endless Waltz movie. My little sis loves Wing, but found 00 boring, even though both are "bishie" Gundam shows.

Also I'm dropping the Dangaioh OP for great justice wub.gif

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ0b611YXY4 )
Nomake Wan
Posted: Aug 21 2017, 01:52 PM

ShiMACHaze

It's Turn A Gundam. It used to be Wing, since that's what I grew up with. I still love Wing, but Turn A is a masterpiece.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
APX
Posted: Aug 21 2017, 02:34 PM

Join the Empire today! Or die, rebel scum!

Member No.: 1,473

Wing forever in my heart.

Can't beat Tallgeese (All 3 versions) as well as Deathscythe!
xiao
Posted: Aug 21 2017, 04:59 PM

moon★bunny

Ahh Turn A .. still need to see that one too! ohmy.gif :Pringles man emoji:

Speaking of good mech shows .. woahly moly mother of Roy Focker!I should invest in the Macross BD's user posted image

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPWj_4RtKr0 )
umustwait101
Posted: Aug 21 2017, 06:53 PM

Osaka-kun

Member No.: 45,912

I really spoiled myself tonight.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: unknown. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

I feel like Umaru...

user posted image

... if she were an adult ...

and if she were a dude.
Posted: Aug 21 2017, 09:28 PM

39-54-369

Member No.: 16,670

QUOTE (xiao @ 4 hours, 28 minutes ago)
Ahh Turn A .. still need to see that one too! ohmy.gif :Pringles man emoji:

Speaking of good mech shows .. woahly moly mother of Roy Focker!I should invest in the Macross BD's http://idforums.net/html/emoticons/frog.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPWj_4RtKr0

you wont regret seeing Turn A one bit. i mentioned many good series but Turn A was a brilliant as they get. its not as battle frenzy as other series but it has its fair share of fights. it focuses more on the story of how society came to be as it is in the series. thats where it really shines.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Yesterday, 5:36 AM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (xiao @ Yesterday, 4:59 PM)
Speaking of good mech shows .. woahly moly mother of Roy Focker!I should invest in the Macross BD's http://idforums.net/html/emoticons/frog.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPWj_4RtKr0

I mean, if you enjoy wasting money on JP prices, sure...

But a little birdie tells me that if you can hold off until, say, 2021...you might be rewarded with a domestic release, finally. tongue.gif
Tessou
  Posted: Yesterday, 9:25 AM

Commandant of IDW
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

Or you could just torrent.
umustwait101
Posted: Yesterday, 9:48 AM

Osaka-kun

QUOTE (Tessou @ 23 minutes, 25 seconds ago)
Or you could just torrent.

Unlike YOU, I obey the law and support content providers.

user posted image

So. For a random thought: my co-worker told me yesterday that he was reading an article that said that even looking at the sun through your cell phone screen with the camera turned on can damage your eyes. What do you all think? Is there any truth to that?

(I stared at the eclipse for a second or two without any protection - just like the way I do it with all the hawt ladies who constantly throw themselves onto me.)

This post has been edited by umustwait101 on Yesterday, 9:55 AM
Tessou
  Posted: Yesterday, 10:06 AM

Commandant of IDW
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

QUOTE (umustwait101 @ 18 minutes, 8 seconds ago)
Unlike YOU, I obey the law and support content providers.

You're on IDW and you're saying this. Go yell at the ID General and Music sections for destroying capitalism while you're at it. rolleyes.gif

As for your camera phone, don't do it.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Yesterday, 6:09 PM

ShiMACHaze

Your phone screen is literally incapable of producing the level of energy required to damage your eyes like looking at the sun. Looking at the sun in general is a bad idea. During an eclipse it's only worse because as the sky darkens and you aren't looking at the sun, your pupils widen. If you then look at the sun--or go from looking at totality to continuing to look when totality ends--it will cause more energy than normal to enter your eye.

The majority of damage you'll do to your eye via looking at the sun is photochemical, via high-energy photons changing the energy states of chemicals in your eye and creating a toxic condition known as photic retinopathy.

But your phone isn't going to emit high-energy UV photons so it's perfectly safe--assuming that your phone is big enough to block out the sun from view completely so that direct sunlight isn't passing around it.

I actually saw a neat video about this very thing, but sadly I can't find it. Too many ZOMG ECLIPSE videos clogging the youtube results.
umustwait101
Posted: Yesterday, 7:26 PM

Osaka-kun

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 1 hour, 17 minutes ago)
Your phone screen is literally incapable of producing the level of energy required to damage your eyes like looking at the sun. Looking at the sun in general is a bad idea. During an eclipse it's only worse because as the sky darkens and you aren't looking at the sun, your pupils widen. If you then look at the sun--or go from looking at totality to continuing to look when totality ends--it will cause more energy than normal to enter your eye.

The majority of damage you'll do to your eye via looking at the sun is photochemical, via high-energy photons changing the energy states of chemicals in your eye and creating a toxic condition known as photic retinopathy.

But your phone isn't going to emit high-energy UV photons so it's perfectly safe--assuming that your phone is big enough to block out the sun from view completely so that direct sunlight isn't passing around it.

I actually saw a neat video about this very thing, but sadly I can't find it. Too many ZOMG ECLIPSE videos clogging the youtube results.

THANK YOU, Nomake!

When you're trying to be helpful instead of trying to make people feel bad you really have lots of good information to share!

My thinking was always that your cell phone screen can never cause more damage to your eyes than when it's a totally white screen on full brightness in a dark room. And, if it doesn't damage your eyes then, then no stupid picture of an eclipse is gonna damage your eyes.

Am I right? or am I drunk?

user posted image

Also, I guess, since nobody responded, it's obviously no secret to anyone that no girl throws herself onto me.

This post has been edited by umustwait101 on Yesterday, 7:28 PM
xiao
Posted: Yesterday, 8:26 PM

moon★bunny

In general, looking at any source of energy directly is a bad idea .. looking at objects like a cat, a motorcycle, or a mountain is pleasing on the eyes cause they're not a source of energy, but merely reflecting light.

A screen, a light bulb, a Super Saiyan, or the Sun are all energy sources .. and generally a bad idea looking at them for extended periods of time.

Healthy 20/20 pupils are PERRLA (Pupils Equal Round & Reactive to Light & Accommodation) like xiao when he's not wearing his fake glasses.

The sky is not a source of energy, but merely a conglomerate of gases layered atop the Earth. When visible light hits the atmosphere, it's refracted so that only Blue out of ROY G BIV is primarily shone.

It's perfectly okay to look at the sky, however it's not okay to look at the Sun or a Total Eclipse, precisely because of what Nomake mentioned regarding pupils intaking unhealthy amounts of energy. Tessou is also right because, as mentioned at the beginning of this post ~ staring at any source of energy for prolonged periods of time, can photochemically damage your eyes.

Now keep destroying your retinas by viewing the following 6th Grade Science video user posted image

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0996ts017U )
Nomake Wan
Posted: Yesterday, 8:53 PM

ShiMACHaze

You will not cause a photochemical reaction in your retinas by staring at a screen. God damn it Xiao I wish you would stop spreading FUD, it's what makes me want to just shut up and let anyone ignorant enough to believe you learn their mistake the hard way. You're like Yamazaki in CCS--there's a kernel of good information there but it's surrounded by a shitload of irrelevant crap. It's like you Google the answer to someone's question for them but hen just spew the first few results without actually reading them to make sure they're actually relevant.

Umu, I make people feel bad only once they have deserved it. For instance, I tend not to hold back with Xiao because he has shown a complete and utter refusal to change his ways. Since he refuses to change via helpful advice, I'll just be blunt regardless of consequences. I mean, he's not going to change, so why not?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
xiao
Posted: Today, 1:19 AM

moon★bunny

Is cellular growth not photochemical .. ergo proxically is cellular deterioration not photochemical?

We're playing semantics here ~ common sense says you shouldn't look at an eclipse no matter how safe anyone says it is. Likewise looking at a screen is not as healthy as not staring at an AMOLED at all.

Science exists for the sake of common sense, not common sense for the sake of science, because knowledge for the sake of knowledge is nonsensically stupid. online2long.gif

user posted image

SPOILER
Nomake Wan
Posted: 7 hours, 30 minutes ago

ShiMACHaze

Xiao, show me the research that says a phone screen causes photic retinopathy. Go for it. Fucking GO FOR IT. Because last I checked, you need something on the level of the sun or an arc welder to get the high-energy photons necessary to cause that condition.

But hey, go for it dude, show me the proof. Otherwise, please just stop with the bullshit.
umustwait101
Posted: 6 hours, 0 minutes ago

Osaka-kun

Watching you two go at it is kind of entertaining. In the one corner, we have a clearly flustered Nomake, who would otherwise be cool and collected. In the other corner, we have a happy-go-lucky xiao, who is easy-going but burdened with an overactive imagination.

It reminds me of Chiri-chan and Kafuka. On the one hand, we have someone who is serious and wants to do things properly; on the other hand, we have someone who is very open-minded and entertains all sorts of unconventional ideas.

There is a definite incompatibility here. And yet, there is still an intense energy and exchange going on, whereas if two things were truly incompatible, I would think there would be no room for discussion.

Anyways, it's nice to see two very different people interact. Sometimes I wonder if xiao is intentionally triggering Nomake, or if Nomake is intentionally being triggered.

In short:

This is Nomake:
user posted image

This is xiao:
user posted image

This is them together:
user posted image
Nomake Wan
Posted: 5 hours, 37 minutes ago

ShiMACHaze

It's more that I'm just plain sick of Xiao's BS. I can't stand people who 'know enough to be dangerous'. They're worse than people who just admit their own ignorance, because at least those people have the capacity and willingness to learn from their mistakes. Xiao just pretends as if he knows all the answers, when in reality he knows very few of them. Then he plays it off as if the people correcting him were just playing along, because the people asking the question in the first place don't know enough to know that Xiao is feeding them BS.

It's ridiculous. Since you love to post images so much, here's a graphical representation of the phenomenon at play here.

user posted image
Sensation!
Posted: 5 hours, 31 minutes ago

As expected of country grown vegetables
Group Icon

Group: Special Snowflake
Member No.: 19,520

More like

Xiao:
user posted image
"dogs go meow! woof woof awesome.gif awesome.gif awesome.gif"

Nomake Wan:
user posted image
"I'M CUTE!?"

This is them together:
user posted image
"reeeee"
xiao
Posted: 5 hours, 9 minutes ago

moon★bunny

There's a misunderstanding! I'm not saying what you think I'm saying and you're not saying what I think you're saying .. thus we're arguing over semantics.

I can go over theoretical scenarios where being tortured by any form of light will cause eye damage, and you can debunk it because no one in the history of the planet has ever attempted such absurd torture methods outside the realm of a manga author's imagination.

But this was all a misunderstanding from the beginning because Umu's co-worker was obviously misinformed, and what Tessou meant to say was that looking at the eclipse while recording a video thru the tiny screen on your phone is not healthy for the eyes. Cause like you mentioned, "assuming that your phone is big enough to block out the sun from view completely so that direct sunlight isn't passing around it."

Misunderstandings are the enemy of Science!

Fides et Ratio are like two wings that will take mankind to the truth, and the truth is love. So where is the Science ~ crying2.gif ??

user posted image
Nomake Wan
Posted: 3 hours, 10 minutes ago

ShiMACHaze

Stop defending your misinformation campaign. You conflated the damage done by looking at the sun--photic retinopathy--with theoretical ill effects from extended exposure to a phone screen. Those are not compatible concepts. The whole discussion here was about sun damage. That you came in and suggested that your phone can do damage even remotely on that level is absurd.

That's misinformation. Just give it up already. Staring at the sun for 20 seconds is never, ever going to be the same as looking at a video of it on your phone for 20 seconds. The end.
umustwait101
Posted: 2 hours, 48 minutes ago

Osaka-kun

This is me:
user posted image

Random thought of the day: working out + getting a massage = having sex?

This post has been edited by umustwait101 on 2 hours, 35 minutes ago

400 Pages  « 398 399 400