Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing (Battle Stage 2) Go 2 - Power

Important Rules
Buy the Arcade Stage 4 Original Soundtrack to support IDW !!
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 4 here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 3,187  ·  Replies: 16 
> Initial D 4th Stage Arcade World Ranking
Macau Racer
  Posted: May 25 2007, 09:01 AM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,401

Considering the below comments, i deleted the links and site names of the information.

For those who are interested in the information please send me an email to webmaster@racing-spec.com.

I guess now, it is no promotion on anything or whatsoever.

Quote from "Henry Louis Mencken":
“I believe that it is better to tell the truth than a lie. I believe it is better to be free than to be a slave. And I believe it is better to know than to be ignorant.”

This post has been edited by Macau Racer on May 26 2007, 10:58 PM
razorsuKe
Posted: May 25 2007, 12:25 PM

IDW Goldmember

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 12,243

already been done, but thanks for the shame-less self promotion link tongue.gif

http://initial-d.info/perf/v4/
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Macau Racer
  Posted: May 26 2007, 02:18 AM

Shmuck

Hum...I think you misunderstood.

The list I made is one sheet all first rank time in all different courses, not a query site for records.
Is like a cheat sheet that ppl brings with them while they play outside.

Anyways, thanks for the comment.
blanc_erik
Posted: May 26 2007, 08:22 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 15,444

razorsuKe
Posted: May 26 2007, 01:06 PM

IDW Goldmember

actually, it's more like https://initiald-arcade.com/mci/ except instead of using multiple frames, he just pulls the data and saves it to a database to be displayed on a table...

but for version 4 smile.gif
Macau Racer
  Posted: May 26 2007, 09:57 PM

Shmuck

Just checked the http://www.pzoteam.org/IRSys/ID3Result.php and is really good.

I think i need to clarify the main reason why i post the small page i posted.

Many of my friends, including myself play the new Arcade 4th Stage.
Since the place where we play doesn't have Wi-fi, we cannot check the record throught the PC, and we bring paper version of the records instead.

Have you tried to collect each course best time everyday and print it in one sheet ? I did, and many of my friends did that too.

Since the players are improving their best course time everyday, thus, we did this small page to help to make all best time in only one sheet, so, we can print it before we leave our home. We carry this piece of paper with us.

It started to be a private page, then started to have more hits day by day.

As you can see, the site that i host (www.racing-spec.com) is for PS2 version of the game named Special Stage, and not Arcade 4th Stage, thus, there is no point for saying I'm trying to promote the site. I don't think many of 4th Stage arcade players will be insterested on PS2 old version of the game and its information.

That's mainly the site helping to host the 4th Stage Arcade ranking, and that's all.

Hope this would clarify my point and I do love to share my part with the ones who really love to play this game.
ChaosSoldier
Posted: May 26 2007, 10:34 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 8,382

QUOTE (Macau Racer @ Today at 7:57 PM)

Since the place where we play doesn't have Wi-fi, we cannot check the record throught the PC

So why don't you just check the records when you get to your houses?

---

It's not like the records will change every night. I just think that you failed at trying to promote your site and now you're trying to cover up the fact that we already have a ranking system to refer to.
LancE.Ryousuke
Posted: May 26 2007, 11:54 PM

IDW Supremo Member

Member No.: 21,171

can you guys give him a bit of credit? the words are kinda harsh ..
ChaosSoldier
Posted: May 27 2007, 06:33 AM

IDW Goldmember

Harsh or realistic? I do give the man credit for the creation of a site, but seriously, you come to a forum, give us something that serves the similar purposes to something we can already access, and expect to be recognized as important? I don't honestly feel that way. And I don't think anyone would feel better if I just lied and said, "OMGWTF this is soooo awesome!!!" I am so gonna use this" etc. etc. It doesn't help anyone to not be truthful in opinion.

A quote I came up with a while back was that, "I was not put on earth to be nice to everyone, I was put here to tell the truth as I saw such to be." And I feel that it works well, as nobody should be misled by lies, whether it makes them feel bad or not.

Take this "for example"...

You have an I-pod and you just bought a case for it. Then I walk up to you a month later and give you another case that looks just like the one you bought. You're not going to use the one I give you because you already have one just like it and it already has some value to you because how long you've had it. Basically it's the same concept here. We have our ranking list and are already comfortable with how it works and we just unconsciously will always use it. Thus we wouldn't use something similar because of the inclination to just refer to the ranking we already know.

(I actully think that my example sounds stupid now that I read it over, but I think I got my point across).

My whole point is that no one in real life will give you a pat on the back for doing something that's already been done. If this were true, then why don't we all just create another "Microsoft spin-off" and make millions?
LancE.Ryousuke
Posted: May 27 2007, 11:30 AM

IDW Supremo Member

Member No.: 21,171

QUOTE (ChaosSoldier @ Today at 6:33 AM)
Harsh or realistic? I do give the man credit for the creation of a site, but seriously, you come to a forum, give us something that serves the similar purposes to something we can already access, and expect to be recognized as important? I don't honestly feel that way. And I don't think anyone would feel better if I just lied and said, "OMGWTF this is soooo awesome!!!" I am so gonna use this" etc. etc. It doesn't help anyone to not be truthful in opinion.

A quote I came up with a while back was that, "I was not put on earth to be nice to everyone, I was put here to tell the truth as I saw such to be." And I feel that it works well, as nobody should be misled by lies, whether it makes them feel bad or not.

Take this "for example"...

You have an I-pod and you just bought a case for it. Then I walk up to you a month later and give you another case that looks just like the one you bought. You're not going to use the one I give you because you already have one just like it and it already has some value to you because how long you've had it. Basically it's the same concept here. We have our ranking list and are already comfortable with how it works and we just unconsciously will always use it. Thus we wouldn't use something similar because of the inclination to just refer to the ranking we already know.

(I actully think that my example sounds stupid now that I read it over, but I think I got my point across).

My whole point is that no one in real life will give you a pat on the back for doing something that's already been done. If this were true, then why don't we all just create another "Microsoft spin-off" and make millions?

wow ..

seriously, i'm unimpressed.

firstly, i would like to ask - which part of his post was he asking for his work to be recognized? He's just posting this out as a convenience [ which, like you said, is kinda unneeded, given that we have other tools that serve the same purpose ] but hey, it's his little piece of hard work. Sure, you are right in being harsh or realistic or whatever, BUT, IS IT GOING TO KILL YOU TO JUST BE A BIT MORE NICE to a fellow human being through usage of words such as "hey, dude, sorry to blow your bubble, but there's also this website blah blah blah blah .." and what - have - you? like what Blanc_Erik did?

Secondly, I would like to quote one of your earlier posts:"I was not put on earth to be nice to everyone, I was put here to tell the truth as I saw such to be." And I feel that it works well, as nobody should be misled by lies, whether it makes them feel bad or not."

Yeah, I applaud you for your way of thinking. BUT. My main point is in asking you to extend a little more courtesy to a fellow forumer, not ask you mislead him with lies.

Thirdly, another quote from one of your posts:"I just think that you failed at trying to promote your site and now you're trying to cover up the fact that we already have a ranking system to refer to."

Sure, everyone's entitled to their own opinions but hey, do take note. Is this sentence helping? Or rather, IS THIS THE TRUTH? Because I find this rather contradictory .. one claims to "tell the truth as i saw such to be" but is yet ready to jump to what i see as an unfounded accusation .. and yes, i would love you to quote that one sentence that helps in proclaiming this as the "truth" as you said.

ChaosSoldier
Posted: May 27 2007, 12:08 PM

IDW Goldmember

Dually noted. I will say what my mind speaks, but I'm not god, and I'm not perfect. There's always the chance that I'm blind to MY sense of truth, and if people are going to just cry over what another has said, then why should there be a forum?

As Bill Gates stated, "life is not fair, deal with it." Not everyone is obligated to be a nice person. If that were the case, we'd have no war, no conflict, no trouble (and I think for the sake of sanity, we need a little conflict in life). So it's not anyone else's problem whether someone is "not nice" to someone, but it's an issue of how well can one deal with everyone.

I find nothing contradictory in what I've said. From my view I see that what I've said to be justified as correct. You can't say otherwise to ME, because you don't see things from my view (unless an issue plainly shows that its a contradiction that lacks any sort of sense). You can disagree and debate, and respond.

So when it all cmes down to it...

I've said what I've said.
You don't like what I've said.
If you wish to escalate this, then send me a PM, as we're off topic now.
And if this problem gets any more out of hand, then I'll race you to a course/condition to figure out who will "give it a rest."
razorsuKe
Posted: May 27 2007, 01:31 PM

IDW Goldmember

Macau Racer: Leave the link up, people will say what they want to say, just let it be. Some people will find it useful and it makes no sense that they have to PM you to get a simple link.
Excel
Posted: May 27 2007, 03:25 PM

Snake is Sony's lone hero

Member No.: 4,625

Wow, the guy posts a helpful link and gets bashed? Even if it is something you can find somewhere else, you can just say that. You can't assume everyone knows every IDAS site in existence. Its obvious he wasn't just trying to shamelessly promote his site...

Whats gotten in to these forums lately?
razorsuKe
Posted: May 27 2007, 04:07 PM

IDW Goldmember

QUOTE (Excel @ Today at 4:25 PM)
Wow, the guy posts a helpful link and gets bashed? Even if it is something you can find somewhere else, you can just say that. You can't assume everyone knows every IDAS site in existence. Its obvious he wasn't just trying to shamelessly promote his site...

Whats gotten in to these forums lately?

If you had read the original post, it seemed quite shameless user posted image

ChaosSoldier
Posted: May 28 2007, 01:33 AM

IDW Goldmember

I'll apologize for my tone, but not for the content of what I've spoken. If that even amounts to anything.
Yamamoto
Posted: Jun 3 2007, 09:10 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 24,580

Old fart started to read this topic and wow, cannot believe what I saw. ohmy.gif
Did you guys really really really check all the sites links ? Are you 100% sure ?

Now, let old fart tells you what I saw.

Hey Racer, check this out, you might want to know it, especially made it for ya !!!

Full comparison review !

Basic requirement:
1. Must be related to the topic, that means ID4 ranking. (Did you checked the title of the post? no ? here you go “Initial D 4th Stage Arcade World Ranking”)

Evaluation criteria

1. Easy or Hard to use
2. Loading Speed
3. Real time data
4. Appearance

After I check the 5 sites, I filtered out 2 sites, because those are out of scope, not ID4 Ranking, sorry, but that’s the case.

Approves sites:
I. Racer tool (send him an email for the link)
II. http://initial-d.info/perf/v4/
III. http://sega-initiald.net/p/ranking/2-1.html

Out of scope (bye bye)

IV. http://www.pzoteam.org/IRSys/ID3Result.php
V. https://initiald-arcade.com/mci/

Let get on to the analysis (all criteria using 1 to 5 ranking, for 1 to be the worst):

1. Easy or Hard to use

I. It provides no function or any clicks. Just a plain sheet of ranking but easy to use. (Points 4)
II. Provide a lot of choices, but hard to understand what those number stands for, unless you click on it. Cannot see the whole picture. (Points 2)
III. Provide a lot of choices, easy to read and use. (Points 5)

Winner: III

2. Loading Speed
I. Very Very slow (Points 1)
II. Very Fast (Points 5)
III. Fast (Points 4)

Winner: II

3. Real time data

I. Yes (Points 5)
II. No (Points 1)
III. Yes (Points 5)

Winner : I and III
I think, site “I” somehow had an access on the DB, that’s the reason for the slow loading but got the real time data. Site “II” load data so fast, but data not up-to-date. Site “III” Rocks.

4. Appearance

I. Ok looking, but I like it with no ads (Points 4)
II. Basically no work on the appearance, but ok good table, with ads on the bottom. (Points 3)
III. Nothing to say, the best within 3 sites (Points 5)

Winner: III

Overall results:

I. 14 Points
II. 11 Points
III. 19 Points

I believe Initial D.net does provide the most updated information, and easy to use platform. whistling.gif

You might not agree to my evaluation, but that’s old fart point of view.

Racer, my old 2 cents again, don’t give a damm on what they say. Still think you are “Shameless” ? Look at Mr. Razorsuke post, that huge and big banner saying Kishu !

Feeling better now Racer ? This world is cruel, and you need to be strong to survive. mad.gif

This post has been edited by Yamamoto on Jun 3 2007, 09:13 AM
Tomo
Posted: Jun 3 2007, 10:03 AM

Retired old man

Member No.: 9,983

Razorsuke doesn't create threads to simply promote kishu, it's in his signature. If you want to accuse him of that shit I hope you're ready to say the same thing about 90% of the forum members who have the same "shameless" team promotion in their signatures.