Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 3 unique listeners, playing Dusty - Crazy for Love (Movie Size)

Views: 8,956  ·  Replies: 4 
> The missing chapter
Initial D World
    Posted: Jan 4 2013, 01:03 AM

IDW Facebook Fanpage

Group: Staff
Member No.: 37,931

When Takumi said he's glad they didn't get caught in a traffic jam after he drove Mika back to Saitama in Fifth Stage Episode 4, there is a back story behind that line. The Animation production team purposely cut out an entire chapter from the manga. That chapter takes place right after Takumi and Mika spending the day at the beach.

With Takumi's God-like reflex, he was able to avoid a serious car accident on the way home, with Mika next to him. Takumi looked so cool in that chapter!! There is no reason to cut out such a chapter! If you want to read it, please click here: http://mangafox.me/manga/initial_d/v35/c488/1.html

We'll keep you posted on when the Fifth Stage anime team decided to cut out a large chunk of manga material again. Don't worry, you won't miss the cool stuff! happy.gif

(Image source: http://mangafox.me/)

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 800 x 935. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
Spaz
Posted: Jan 4 2013, 08:28 AM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

It's like driving in Russia!
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Vortrex
Posted: Jan 4 2013, 09:02 AM

1988 Toyota MR2 AW11, My Go-Kart AE86

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 38,745

QUOTE (Spaz @ 33 minutes, 31 seconds ago)
It's like driving in Russia!

Yeah, twisternederland! XD
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Jan 4 2013, 09:34 PM

Patient Zero

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 37,947

Hm, I totally just noticed this scene was missing from the anime. I think they're systematically going through and cutting out all the parts that don't include racing and its associated scenes. I don't think we're going to see much of Mika, unless they deem her important.
Spaz
Posted: Jan 4 2013, 10:45 PM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

QUOTE (THE_HONDA_CG2 @ 1 hour, 10 minutes ago)
Hm, I totally just noticed this scene was missing from the anime. I think they're systematically going through and cutting out all the parts that don't include racing and its associated scenes. I don't think we're going to see much of Mika, unless they deem her important.

Plot 101, love interests are important. They help the character feel more 3-dimentional and the viewers relate better.

I mean, BEYOND the love interest that is the 86, that any and every car person can relate to.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums