Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 10 unique listeners, playing Mother Ninja - Talkin' bout good days

Anime and Manga Forum Rules
• Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
• Use the Search function or read the Index of All Threads before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal or actual warning (if this rule is violated repeatedly).
• Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.
• Discussion of yaoi/yuri is permitted, however, posting any sexual content and material is strictly prohibited and will result in an actual warning.
• Please use spoiler tags when addressing a spoiler. Violating this rule may earn you a verbal warning. Please read this thread for more information on how to use spoiler tags.
• Please ensure that when posting images that the images are at a reasonable resolution (i.e. 640 x 480 and below) or that you use a thumbnail to link to the original sized image.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 1,068  ·  Replies: 2 
> Anime Burning....
Tezza
  Posted: Nov 2 2004, 04:13 AM

IDW Goldmember

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 2,836

I thought i did a thread on this but it seems i cant find it so....
here goes...
I'm thinking of burning my animes onto dvds... the thing is, half of them are in ogm format. i cant burn ogm format. is there someone who has done this ? if so, help a friend... thanks.
p.s - anyways, this is my first time burning movies onto dvds so, can i justconvert a normal avi format to mpeg and burn it as you do it for vcds?(Nero)
Instant-Noodlez
Posted: Nov 2 2004, 05:35 AM

Konnichiwa, sokono utsukushii joshikousei!

Member No.: 1,441

unfortunately... it aint as simple as that. i think ur supposed to encode it(movie file) into dvd format then burn it onto DVD. im not realli sure but my bro knows and all ask him when i get the chance... happy.gif
RakeRon
Posted: Nov 2 2004, 08:40 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 2,887

As long as you encode it to MPEG2 using something like TMPEnc you'll be fine. All modern DVD players sold in the last 2 or 3 years has whats called SVCD support. Transcoding to MPEG2 (higher bitrate than standard SVCD might help to lower quality loss) will allow them to play on your DVD player. Most VOB encoders available to the public suck. If you look at what just about every personal digital recording device uses for making DVDs you'll see its MPEG2. Now if the video uses OggVorbis for audio you may have to demux your OGMs to get the audio and video files seperate then decode the Vorbis file because a majority of DVD players have yet to support this growing format. http://www.Doom9.org should have some tutorials to help you out if you need further help.