Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 2 unique listeners, playing DJ Pikachu_Fragger's Total Control Geass CM2

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 6 AA and 7 AAX here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. For anything about ver.5, please post them in the version 5 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

ยป FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 2,178  ·  Replies: 10 
> Initial d 5 to 7aax
cakazawa
  Posted: May 15 2014, 12:22 AM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 43,005

can anyone tell me is it possible to convert id5 to id7 ?? how.

thank you
Akii
Posted: May 15 2014, 04:59 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 34,416

You will have to transfer it to D6 first, then only you can transfer it to D7AAX
cakazawa
  Posted: May 15 2014, 09:45 PM

Shmuck

i see so how would i go about that? sorry i don't know much about this and to get the upgrade can anyone do it here ? or where would i be able to go to ?
Venny503
Posted: May 17 2014, 02:04 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 42,095

QUOTE (cakazawa @ May 15 2014, 09:45 PM)
i see so how would i go about that? sorry i don't know much about this and to get the upgrade can anyone do it here ? or where would i be able to go to ?

1. Find a D6 machine
2. Put your D5 card in it
3. Get the D6 card
4. Find a D7 machcine
5. Put the D6 card in it

Wow

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
SonicSP
Posted: May 17 2014, 05:56 PM

Nagao Fanboy

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 36,182

When I first read the question, I actually first assume the TC was talking about machines for some reason (cards probably more likely I guess but I don't think the context is clear).

Also note that the only benefits of why you would want to convert a D5 card to D7 (as other posters have said, need to go through D6 first) would be for external parts and/or special colors (like the Black Trueno). If it's not for either reason, then it is better to start a new card since nothing else is transferred.

Okay number plates too if you really really like your current D5 ones.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on May 17 2014, 06:00 PM
cakazawa
  Posted: May 17 2014, 10:59 PM

Shmuck

no i was talking about the machine, we have a D5 machine and we want make it a d7.

reason for this is because some people told me they have upgrade it their machine form a old version to a new one with out buying a whole new machine.

am asking this question because a vendor is selling me a D7 but after looking it closely its D4 machine.

so am curious about this i seen upgrade online but hard to come by stock so am trying to find right answer or a good lead.

also am not sure by what you mean on would be for external parts and/or special colors?
OkamiWind
Posted: May 17 2014, 11:11 PM

Ravioli Ravioli
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 40,468

QUOTE (cakazawa @ 12 minutes, 10 seconds ago)
no i was talking about the machine, we have a D5 machine and we want make it a d7.

reason for this is because some people told me they have upgrade it their machine form a old version to a new one with out buying a whole new machine.

am asking this question because a vendor is selling me a D7 but after looking it closely its D4 machine.

so am curious about this i seen upgrade online but hard to come by stock so am trying to find right answer or a good lead.

also am not sure by what you mean on would be for external parts and/or special colors?

Well I don't know how one can make an ID5 to an ID7 machine, but it probably might have to do with the hardware they have...or some CD thingy I dunno. It's something with the internals that's all I know.

However...I don't know any leads at all...I can't really help you here...maybe someone overseas can help.

By external he means that every car you start with is completely stock, no body kits, hoods, or wings added. So transferring will allow you to keep external parts without the need to buy them again. Special colors...are just that, colors that you can only get by transferring a card.
-=SHINN=-
Posted: May 18 2014, 08:29 AM

MYS Retired Perfectionist Racer

Member No.: 37,532

At first I too thought this topic was about the card or data transferred but after reading through I realized it was about software case.

Don't worry the machine may be the same as D4 or upgraded from D4 or older versions, but as long as the software is on the latest version D7. It'll work fine.

As for upgrading versions from D4-D7, we have seen machines upgraded from D4-D6, D5-D6, D6-D7, D4-D7, but so far there's no problem. By doing so, you'll only need software disc to upgrade the hardware below your cabinet seat, adjust the setting according to manual book. Put on the versions sticker on the cabinet, and the cardboard on top of your cabinet. And walaa it becomes the new version. As easy as that.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
SonicSP
Posted: May 18 2014, 08:47 AM

Nagao Fanboy

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 36,182

I don't think D5 which uses Lindberg was reliant on a Windows XP variant operating system and D6 started using the Ringedge which did. I recall Phoenix mentioned once a long time ago that he saw some hardware changes when he saw the machine being upgraded from D5 to D6 so presumably there's some hardware the needs changing.

Presumably, the upgrade kit will allow you to have everything you need to run D7 minus the cabinet equipment so it should be fine. Just to be safe though, you may want to try confirm with whoever you are buying the upgrade kit from.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on May 18 2014, 08:49 AM
Jinxz
Posted: May 28 2014, 12:02 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 42,022

Indeed, ID4 & 5 use another PC (Linbergh) inside the cabinet. D6 & 7 use the Ringedge system. Besides the PC in the cab the hardware is pretty much the same. At least similar enough to be able to swap the Lindbergh to a Ringedge and get an instant working 6 or 7. You do need to find the software but that shouldn't be really hard if you look good.
I am planning to do the same mid Juli when my ID5 twin arrives. I have the Ringedge eagerly waiting for his new host wink2.gif
rallyarmor
Posted: Sep 10 2014, 09:40 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 44,695

QUOTE (Jinxz @ May 28 2014, 12:02 PM)
Indeed, ID4 & 5 use another PC (Linbergh) inside the cabinet. D6 & 7 use the Ringedge system. Besides the PC in the cab the hardware is pretty much the same. At least similar enough to be able to swap the Lindbergh to a Ringedge and get an instant working 6 or 7. You do need to find the software but that shouldn't be really hard if you look good.
I am planning to do the same mid Juli when my ID5 twin arrives. I have the Ringedge eagerly waiting for his new host wink2.gif

@Jinxz did you convert your IDAS5 to 6AA yet?