Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing (Fifth Stage DS2) Chris Stanton - A Perfect Hero

Important Rules
user posted image

• Post everything about Initial D Extreme Stage in this section.
Do not create new threads that have already been covered by pinned threads. This may result in a verbal warning.
Do not post fake times in the time attack thread. If we find out about it, it will result in an actual warning.
• Bring about your discussions on personal opinions (cars, courses, etc.) in a civil manner. Flaming and/or baiting will not be tolerated and may result in a verbal warning. Subsequent offenses will result in an actual warning.

ATTENTION: Initial D Extreme Stage works globally online, but only on the Japanese version.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

3 Pages  1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 9,146  ·  Replies: 54 
> Announced IDES for US, Announced to release in the US for PS3!!!!!
DesDevious
  Posted: Mar 30 2011, 02:46 PM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 37,136

So anxious for this game to come out in English. Came across this website saying this game is coming out in English some time around June 2011.

Here's the link: IDES US JUNE 2011
k0oanz
Posted: Mar 30 2011, 02:54 PM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 36,392

QUOTE (DesDevious @ 8 minutes, 36 seconds ago)
So anxious for this game to come out in English. Came across this website saying this game is coming out in English some time around June 2011.

Here's the link: IDES US JUNE 2011

That's cool happy.gif that means there's more IDES players. I wonder if they are going to add more to the English version than the imported version of it. I hope they don't because that would mean I would have to buy it again sad.gif

My PSN is K0oanz. Add me; I already have IDES for the PS3, but I imported it from Japan.

You don't really need to know Japanese to play the game. I can't read Japanese or speak it, but I know what the menus are because I just looked them up on this section of the forums and or I just kept pressing them and try to memorize them. I know them by heart now smile.gif

This post has been edited by k0oanz on Mar 30 2011, 02:57 PM
TB_InuYasha_X
Posted: Mar 30 2011, 03:12 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 30,206

QUOTE (k0oanz @ 17 minutes, 39 seconds ago)
That's cool happy.gif that means there's more IDES players. I wonder if they are going to add more to the English version than the imported version of it. I hope they don't because that would mean I would have to buy it again sad.gif

My PSN is K0oanz. Add me; I already have IDES for the PS3, but I imported it from Japan.

You don't really need to know Japanese to play the game. I can't read Japanese or speak it, but I know what the menus are because I just looked them up on this section of the forums and or I just kept pressing them and try to memorize them. I know them by heart now smile.gif

I hope I don't have to start my profiles over again.
k0oanz
Posted: Mar 30 2011, 03:15 PM

IDW Special Member

QUOTE (TB_InuYasha_X @ 3 minutes, 20 seconds ago)
I hope I don't have to start my profiles over again.

Yeah I know same here. But this isn't an official release date, so it might not be true. There are a lot of sites like this for other games.
DesDevious
  Posted: Mar 30 2011, 03:34 PM

IDW Member

I'm really hoping that this will happen. I want to be able to actually feel like I'm racing the characters in the story. I can't comprehend Japanese, so I can't understand what they are saying during the race. It would kind of suck if you would have to restart your profile. I just ordered my IDES and I'm getting a PS3 soon. I'll let you guys know when I get it. Hopefully this website is telling the truth.

BRING BACK IDES!!!!!!!

On another note: I WANT IDAS 5 or 6 Stage to develope for the PS3!
k0oanz
Posted: Mar 30 2011, 03:53 PM

IDW Special Member

QUOTE (DesDevious @ 19 minutes, 22 seconds ago)
I'm really hoping that this will happen. I want to be able to actually feel like I'm racing the characters in the story. I can't comprehend Japanese, so I can't understand what they are saying during the race. It would kind of suck if you would have to restart your profile. I just ordered my IDES and I'm getting a PS3 soon. I'll let you guys know when I get it. Hopefully this website is telling the truth.

BRING BACK IDES!!!!!!!

On another note: I WANT IDAS 5 or 6 Stage to develope for the PS3!

Well the characters don't really say much during a race, although they have reactions, like "What!?" "Kansei Drifto!?" and other reactions haha; they only really talk before the race. Yeah, it would suck, but that would mean that more players are coming to IDES, but we can't play with the Japanese though.

What version of IDES did you get? Japanese version right?

I posted on your topic about that and I agree. I hope that we get IDAS5 on PS3 or something because we don't have it here; only in some states.

This post has been edited by k0oanz on Mar 30 2011, 03:54 PM
DesDevious
  Posted: Mar 30 2011, 04:11 PM

IDW Member

QUOTE (k0oanz @ 17 minutes, 56 seconds ago)
Well the characters don't really say much during a race, although they have reactions, like "What!?" "Kansei Drifto!?" and other reactions haha; they only really talk before the race. Yeah, it would suck, but that would mean that more players are coming to IDES, but we can't play with the Japanese though.

What version of IDES did you get? Japanese version right?

I posted on your topic about that and I agree. I hope that we get IDAS5 on PS3 or something because we don't have it here; only in some states.

True that. I just want to be able to understand the scenes before every race with the characters. That would also be a downer if we can't play with Japanese players. God Bless them over there.

I was able to order the Japanese version with the strap that the asian versions come with.

Fasho man. There better be a PS3 ID5!
k0oanz
Posted: Mar 30 2011, 04:17 PM

IDW Special Member

QUOTE (DesDevious @ 5 minutes, 49 seconds ago)
True that. I just want to be able to understand the scenes before every race with the characters. That would also be a downer if we can't play with Japanese players. God Bless them over there.

I was able to order the Japanese version with the strap that the asian versions come with.

Fasho man. There better be a PS3 ID5!

Yeah, I would like to know what they are saying before the races too happy.gif Well it would be two separate games though. No one sees Japanese players on our servers when we play online on other games. Yeah.. I hope they are okay.

Awwww lucky ohmy.gif I wanted the strap haha

Well it has been like what 3 years already since IDES has been released. Plus this game didn't sell a lot, like Initial D: Special Stage and Initial D: Street Stage did.
DesDevious
  Posted: Mar 30 2011, 04:21 PM

IDW Member

QUOTE (k0oanz @ 3 minutes, 55 seconds ago)
Yeah, I would like to know what they are saying before the races too happy.gif Well it would be two separate games though. No one sees Japanese players on our servers when we play online on other games. Yeah.. I hope they are okay.

Awwww lucky ohmy.gif I wanted the strap haha

Well it has been like what 3 years already since IDES has been released. Plus this game didn't sell a lot, like Initial D: Special Stage and Initial D: Street Stage did.

Hmmmmmm, Sega should know if ID5 comes out, they will get more sales!
Can't wait to get this game!!!! Do you like playing IDES with the GT wheel?
k0oanz
Posted: Mar 30 2011, 04:26 PM

IDW Special Member

QUOTE (DesDevious @ 5 minutes, 35 seconds ago)
Hmmmmmm, Sega should know if ID5 comes out, they will get more sales!
Can't wait to get this game!!!! Do you like playing IDES with the GT wheel?

Haha, but I don't know. It has been a while and Japan and some other countries already have IDAS6 AA. They should be already making a IDAS5 import for the PS3 by now.

Also, IDES came out about a year after IDAS4 was released, and IDAS5 has been out for about a year or so too.

When are you going to get your PS3? Yes I do happy.gif I use the Driving Force GT. What wheel are you going to use?
DesDevious
  Posted: Mar 30 2011, 05:20 PM

IDW Member

QUOTE (k0oanz @ 54 minutes, 14 seconds ago)
Haha, but I don't know. It has been a while and Japan and some other countries already have IDAS6 AA. They should be already making a IDAS5 import for the PS3 by now.

Also, IDES came out about a year after IDAS4 was released, and IDAS5 has been out for about a year or so too.

When are you going to get your PS3? Yes I do happy.gif I use the Driving Force GT. What wheel are you going to use?

Hope it comes out soon!!!! I should be getting my PS3 in 2 weeks. I also got the Logitech GT steering wheel. Can't wait to use it!!!
k0oanz
Posted: Mar 30 2011, 05:41 PM

IDW Special Member

QUOTE (DesDevious @ 20 minutes, 19 seconds ago)
Hope it comes out soon!!!! I should be getting my PS3 in 2 weeks. I also got the Logitech GT steering wheel. Can't wait to use it!!!

Haha yeah, I hope so too.. Alright smile.gif Do you know how long it is going to take for you to get IDES? When did you buy the wheel?

This post has been edited by k0oanz on Mar 30 2011, 05:42 PM
Poznanman
Posted: Mar 30 2011, 06:20 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 29,438

This is sweet, but I don't know if I'll buy another version of the game if the only change is English. I can understand enough of the Japanese right now that getting an English version would be redundant. Though, if new tracks/cars were added, then I would consider buying it. I find it strange that they are just releasing this now.

I would have liked to see a new version of ID ported to the PS3. Ah well, I won't complain.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
k0oanz
Posted: Mar 30 2011, 06:35 PM

IDW Special Member

QUOTE (Poznanman @ 15 minutes, 28 seconds ago)
This is sweet, but I don't know if I'll buy another version of the game if the only change is English.  I can understand enough of the Japanese right now that getting an English version would be redundant.  Though, if new tracks/cars were added, then I would consider buying it.  I find it strange that they are just releasing this now. 

I would have liked to see a new version of ID ported to the PS3.  Ah well, I won't complain.

Nice to meet you happy.gif

Yeah, if they add more features and courses to the English version IDES then I might want to buy it.

My PSN is K0oanz. Add me smile.gif

Same here; maybe they will later I hope.

This post has been edited by k0oanz on Mar 30 2011, 06:36 PM
Poznanman
Posted: Mar 30 2011, 06:56 PM

IDW God Member

QUOTE (k0oanz @ 20 minutes, 1 seconds ago)
Nice to meet you happy.gif

Yeah, if they add more features and courses to the English version IDES then I might want to buy it.

My PSN is K0oanz. Add me smile.gif

Same here; maybe they will later I hope.

Hey! Nice to meet you too.

I'll definitely add you to my friends list. It's nice to know people who play IDES since most people I know have no idea what Initial D is. facepalm.gif

Anyways, next time I turn on the PS3, your name will be added.

Thanks man!
k0oanz
Posted: Mar 30 2011, 07:06 PM

IDW Special Member

QUOTE (Poznanman @ 10 minutes, 2 seconds ago)
Hey!  Nice to meet you too.

I'll definitely add you to my friends list.  It's nice to know people who play IDES since most people I know have no idea what Initial D is.   facepalm.gif

Anyways, next time I turn on the PS3, your name will be added.

Thanks man!

happy.gif Alright, thank you. Yeah, I know it's hard to find people that are still playing IDES, but I came late. I bought IDES in December, so a few months ago. Yeah, well most people I know don't know what Initial D is too; you aren't alone wink2.gif But I have met a few people that do know what it is.

Alright, no problem.

I usually play on Friday and Saturday nights, but since next week is Spring Break, I might be able to play the whole week.

Edit: Where do you live? Japan? Your location is in Japanese so I don't know xD Never mind haha, I put your location in Google Translate, and it translated it as Canada.

Did you have it as Alberta, Canada before? I swear I saw someone have that location blink.gif

This post has been edited by k0oanz on Mar 30 2011, 07:16 PM
Poznanman
Posted: Mar 30 2011, 07:28 PM

IDW God Member

QUOTE (k0oanz @ 22 minutes, 3 seconds ago)
happy.gif Alright, thank you. Yeah, I know it's hard to find people that are still playing IDES, but I came late. I bought IDES in December, so a few months ago. Yeah, well most people I know don't know what Initial D is too; you aren't alone wink2.gif But I have met a few people that do know what it is.

Alright, no problem.

I usually play on Friday and Saturday nights, but since next week is Spring Break, I might be able to play the whole week.

Edit: Where do you live? Japan? Your location is in Japanese so I don't know xD Never mind haha, I put your location in Google Translate, and it translated it as Canada.

Did you have it as Alberta, Canada before? I swear I saw someone have that location blink.gif

hah! I just switched it. It used to say Alberta, Canada.

I was living in Japan until last February when I had to come home. I've been doing whatever I can to make it back to Japan. I'm hoping to return, work and live there next summer. We'll see. Getting a job there is not an easy task.

Anyways. I remember pre-ordering this game the day I heard it was up for pre-orders. It seems like forever ago. Such a good game. Though, once you play IDAS5 like I was playing in Japan, it is hard to go back to IDAS4/IDES. But, I pick it up now and again. I'll definitely play more if I know someone else will play.

It really sucks where I live cause Initial D doesn't exist anywhere. The closet arcade cabinet that I know of is in Vancouver.

awesome.gif
k0oanz
Posted: Mar 30 2011, 07:40 PM

IDW Special Member

QUOTE (Poznanman @ 12 minutes, 12 seconds ago)
hah!  I just switched it.  It used to say Alberta, Canada. 

I was living in Japan until last February when I had to come home.  I've been doing whatever I can to make it back to Japan.  I'm hoping to return, work and live there next summer.  We'll see.  Getting a job there is not an easy task.

Anyways.  I remember pre-ordering this game the day I heard it was up for pre-orders.  It seems like forever ago.  Such a good game.  Though, once you play IDAS5 like I was playing in Japan, it is hard to go back to IDAS4/IDES.  But, I pick it up now and again.  I'll definitely play more if I know someone else will play.

It really sucks where I live cause Initial D doesn't exist anywhere.  The closet arcade cabinet that I know of is in Vancouver. 

awesome.gif

Haha, I knew it was you! laugh.gif

That's nice, well good luck finding a job in Japan happy.gif How long did you live there?

Ohh? Were you in Japan when you pre-ordered it? Ohh yeah, well where I live we don't even have IDAS5; we only have IDAS4.

Is it hard to go back to IDAS4/IDES because of the physics? Alright, well I will be playing every weekend. I also have a Youtube channel; it's called talilgangstaboi. Haha I was pretty young when I made it, so yeah laugh.gif I started uploading HD videos of IDES since two weeks ago. So, check it out smile.gif

What version of IDAS does Vancouver have?

This post has been edited by k0oanz on Mar 30 2011, 07:43 PM
Poznanman
Posted: Mar 30 2011, 07:48 PM

IDW God Member

QUOTE (k0oanz @ 7 minutes, 50 seconds ago)
Haha, I knew it was you! laugh.gif

That's nice, well good luck finding a job in Japan happy.gif How long did you live there?

Ohh? Were you in Japan when you pre-ordered it? Ohh yeah, well where I live we don't even have IDAS5 sad.gif We only have IDAS4.

Is it hard to go back to because of the physics? Alright, well I will be playing every weekend. I also have a Youtube channel; it's called talilgangstaboi. Haha I was pretty young when I made it, so yeah laugh.gif I started uploading HD videos of IDES since two weeks ago. So, check it out smile.gif

What version of IDAS does Vancouver have?

Thanks man!. I was only in Japan for 6 months after I graduated University. I had a few job interviews before going over, but no job offers. I decided to go anyways. Still didn't find a job. Volunteered instead and came home before all my money was gone.

The physics are different. Definitely less arcade-y. It was common to use into lower gears when turning. For example, hairpins in IDAS4 can be done quite safely in 3rd, but in IDAS5, going into 2nd is quite the norm I found anyways. Maybe I suck, who knows. whistling.gif

Last time I was in Vancouver they had IDAS5. Just two cabs. It was super expensive to buy a card though. They wanted 7 bucks.
k0oanz
Posted: Mar 30 2011, 08:02 PM

IDW Special Member

QUOTE (Poznanman @ 14 minutes, 18 seconds ago)
Thanks man!.  I was only in Japan for 6 months after I graduated University.  I had a few job interviews before going over, but no job offers.  I decided to go anyways.  Still didn't find a job.  Volunteered instead and came home before all my money was gone.

The physics are different.  Definitely less arcade-y.  It was common to use into lower gears when turning.  For example, hairpins in IDAS4 can be done quite safely in 3rd, but in IDAS5, going into 2nd is quite the norm I found anyways.  Maybe I suck, who knows.  whistling.gif

Last time I was in Vancouver they had IDAS5.  Just two cabs.  It was super expensive to buy a card though.  They wanted 7 bucks.

No problem happy.gif That's cool; what's your major? Ohh okay, at least you got to go to Japan for a while and experienced what it was like.

Yeah haha, that is exactly how I said "arcade-y" in another topic about an IDAS5 import for PS3. Well from what I have seen, you have to lose quiet a lot of speed in corners in IDAS5 compared to IDAS4, and there's a lot more braking involved.

But there is one thing I am wondering about in IDAS5. If you go too fast while turning into a corner, do they penalize you like they did in IDAS4/IDES?

Well at least you had the chance to play IDAS5 haha xD Over here I think the cards for IDAS4 costs $5 and each game is $1.

I might think of going to Vancouver the next time I go to Canada biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by k0oanz on Mar 30 2011, 08:04 PM
Smiley_DC2
Posted: Apr 1 2011, 12:58 PM

Akagi's LanEvo Killer

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,751

It'd be real cool not only if they released this in English but also added Trophies too! smile.gif
Rogar
Posted: Apr 1 2011, 02:15 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 37,158

I find it kind of hard to believe it's going to be released in English this long after it's been out in Japan. But if it does, that would be nice, no more waiting until 10PM to find a race.
k0oanz
Posted: Apr 1 2011, 05:28 PM

IDW Special Member

QUOTE (Rogar @ 3 hours, 13 minutes ago)
I find it kind of hard to believe it's going to be released in English this long after it's been out in Japan. But if it does, that would be nice, no more waiting until 10PM to find a race.

Haha yeah that's true, but we couldn't play with the Japanese. We would have our own servers... sad.gif It won't really be a challenge until everyone gets good at the game
-VIRUS-
Posted: Apr 2 2011, 01:14 AM

Team Kenagi 4 life/ Team Amaya

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 6,643

QUOTE (Smiley_DC2 @ Yesterday, 4:58 PM)
It'd be real cool not only if they released this in English but also added Trophies too! smile.gif

that would probably the only reason y i would the english version.
DrunkenKong
Posted: Apr 2 2011, 06:09 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 37,205

I'm pretty sure this is fake, but I guess time will tell.

3 Pages  1 2 3