Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing Mega NRG Man - Back on the Rocks

Views: 14,487  ·  Replies: 15 
> Initial D World now on Facebook and Youtube, Like us and subscribe today!
Perry
    Posted: Oct 31 2012, 01:50 AM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1

With only three days away from Fifth Stage's initial air date, we are drumming up and preparing ourselves for the increased activities on the forums. It is perfectly understandable how some of you prefer to stay on social platforms to get your Initial D news. As a mobile app user myself, I appreciate the convenience offered by mobile device. It's simply better than logging onto the forums sometimes to check the news.

That's exactly the reason why Initial D World is now available on both Facebook and Youtube. We need to stay up to date with the social media platform in order to accommodate fans' needs. There are also many benefits of getting ourselves on these platforms. The biggest advantage is the exposure. We have actually been on Facebook for a little over a year now (since September 2011) The traffic it brings simply can not be replicated by any other means. It beats search engine traffic in terms of targeted visitors. People tend to stay on the forums longer when they come from our Facebook fanpage.

I believe the time is right to put these two in our official announcement. Tessou and I are actively updating the Facebook fanpage while the Youtube page is maintained by me currently. We will be updating both platforms with latest Fifth Stage news as they come out. Of course, the forums will have more detailed news. Plus, we will not be sharing direct links to Fifth Stage on these platforms because they have different regulations regarding distribution. So at the end, the goal is to have more people visiting the forums for the goodies.

Like us on Facebook and subscribe to us on Youtube today!! Click on the image below to go to our fanpages. happy.gif

user posted image user posted image user posted image

This post has been edited by Perry on Nov 23 2012, 03:56 PM
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
kyonpalm
Posted: Oct 31 2012, 03:13 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

Yeah, and if you're from Facebook and haven't signed up yet, do so now! Oh wait, you can't see this because you've probably never bothered to look at the forums. derp.gif

Really, we have so many fans on Facebook, I'm shocked more haven't signed up.
SgtXDNX
Posted: Oct 31 2012, 04:13 AM

Goddamn Electric

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 23,073

Wait, the Facebook page seriously has that much of an effect? Just the ego booster I needed! laugh.gif
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Juxtor
Posted: Nov 4 2012, 07:08 PM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,166

It's good to see so much activity on the Facebook page. Maybe having a tab to the forums wouldn't hurt the page, and MIGHT boost up the activity around here. smile.gif

Perry
  Posted: Nov 21 2012, 05:34 PM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

As of 10am November 21st, our YouTube account was banned for copyright infringement. There is no plan to bring back the YT account at the moment. We might stop using it altogether.
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Nov 21 2012, 08:38 PM

Patient Zero

Member No.: 37,947

Is it because we had the episodes uploaded on the channel? Man, why does the man have to put us down like this man? I didn't even get to watch Episode 2 for the twelfth time yet. derp.gif
pingu86
Posted: Nov 21 2012, 09:51 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 39,079

Serious this is suck... rant.gif
Perry
  Posted: Nov 23 2012, 03:59 PM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

We are back. However, we will only upload promotional / preview / trailers from now on.

New channel: https://youtube.com/go2initiald
Jt515
Posted: Nov 27 2012, 07:50 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 38,105

QUOTE (Perry @ Nov 23 2012, 03:59 PM)
We are back. However, we will only upload promotional / preview / trailers from now on.

New channel: https://youtube.com/go2initiald

thats cool but are you guys going to upload full episodes on a diffrent site for download ? i like your guys subs the best when it came to the new episodes .
Nomake Wan
Posted: Nov 27 2012, 08:20 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (Jt515 @ 30 minutes, 13 seconds ago)
thats cool but are you guys going to upload full episodes on a diffrent site for download ? i like your guys subs the best when it came to the new episodes .

We don't sub anything ourselves (Well...we haven't in a long time anyway). If you want to download, it's best to get them from the actual group themselves via BitTorrent.

Sage Subs on Nyaatorrents
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
kyonpalm
Posted: Nov 28 2012, 04:02 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 7 hours, 41 minutes ago)
We don't sub anything ourselves (Well...we haven't in a long time anyway).

That's gotta hurt, Pear.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Nov 28 2012, 04:14 AM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 12 minutes, 14 seconds ago)
That's gotta hurt, Pear.

Didn't Pear re-time existing subtitles on youtube? Where I come from that's not considered subbing.
kyonpalm
Posted: Nov 28 2012, 04:35 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 21 minutes, 0 seconds ago)
Didn't Pear re-time existing subtitles on youtube? Where I come from that's not considered subbing.

Dude, he did his own subs and put them on Youtube. Translated into English from Chinese subs while waiting for Sage, but still.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Nov 28 2012, 05:21 AM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 46 minutes, 3 seconds ago)
...from Chinese subs...

Yep. Not saying it wasn't a valiant effort, it was, but I think by this point it's still better to hand a newbie over to Sage.
kyonpalm
Posted: Nov 28 2012, 06:12 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 51 minutes, 20 seconds ago)
Yep. Not saying it wasn't a valiant effort, it was, but I think by this point it's still better to hand a newbie over to Sage.

I'm not arguing that, I'm just pointing out that your statement was false. Even if Sage is better it doesn't make what you said factually true. wink2.gif
Perry
  Posted: Nov 28 2012, 12:47 PM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Let me quote myself from another thread..
QUOTE (Perry @ Nov 11 2012, 01:29 AM)
It's far from actually fansubbing. This is more like a quick translation. Releasing an actual fansub takes a lot more effort and it's definitely not by one person. I hope the timed soft sub inspire someone to step up and release a way better sub than this though.

It doesn't hurt. I am sure Donz0rz appreciate my effort and I understand where he comes from when he says it's not subbing. (Hell, I said it myself) I just wanted to get the rough translation out as soon as possible. I actually released the soft subs within 24 hours and other members converted them to srt file and made the translation even better. THAT's what I wanted to see and I was very happy to see others have contributed.

If you compare the re-timed and finetuned subtitle submitted by spec-al (link here) with the translation from SAGE, you'll find that it's almost the same. smile.gif Like I said, if we can find someone to do the encoding, we are good to go as a fansub team. We have the talent here. wink2.gif