Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 10 unique listeners, playing GTS feat. mink - Everlasting Love

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 28,206  ·  Replies: 34 
> Happy Birthday, Initial D World !!, Happy 12th Anniversary, IDW.
Perry
    Posted: Aug 1 2012, 12:01 AM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1

After what seemed like an eternity in Initial D news drought, a possible Fifth Stage in the making announcement is finally making its way here. When that news first hit the forums, the first thought I had was, if this is real, this has got to be the most perfect timing ever. A lot of you may not know that this site was launched back in August 1st, 2000. That's right, two days before the site's 12th anniversary, it got the best present that it deserves.

I still vividly remember 12 years ago today, after being introduced to Initial D for a year, I was eager to launch my own Initial D site. Back then, there were barely any Initial D websites. The only Initial D site back then was this site that offer First Stage OP and ED sound file with eye-blinding bright aqua color as background of the webpage. That is the only recollection I had of that site. I remember telling myself, we can do better than this. And the rest was history.

Somewhere in 2006, after Fourth Stage the anime ended, the forums were still filled with activities. It was when the Arcade Stage 4 came around and the arcade stage crowd started leaving the arcade scene that sent the forums into an activity drought. It went downhill slowly from there. I can't tell you how excited I was when I was informed that there will possibly a Fifth Stage in the making. For many years, so many Initial D fans had given up their hopes and left the scene. The forums just quietly went by without a hitch. Save for the occasional server downtime, we've maintained a relatively friendly environment here when the activity is slow. For that, I have to thank the Moderating Team for their hard work. I also have to thank those of you that stick around to keep the forums alive. I most certainly have to thank those who donated to the forums. Your donations are greatly appreciated here at Initial D World.

I guess what I am trying to say here is, I hope this Fifth Stage confirmation will bring the life back into the forums once again. I really miss seeing activities here. It makes me feel the place has a purpose and that is for Initial D fans to come together to share their thoughts. I hope IDW will continue to strive to provide a place for people with similar interests in Initial D to discuss and share information about the series. To that, I invite you to celebrate IDW's 12th anniversary today.

Happy 12th Birthday, Initial D World!
Here's to another dozen years! sorcerer.gif
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Wanderer
Posted: Aug 1 2012, 12:08 AM

The Watcher

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 35,816

Happy birthday ID World.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
kiwi baby
Posted: Aug 1 2012, 12:10 AM

I <3 Kiwies

Member No.: 1,013

A very happy 12th birthday to Initial D World and many more to come!! smile.gif And props to Perry and the mods for all their hard work in keeping the forums running!
babaya
Posted: Aug 1 2012, 12:24 AM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 921

Happy bday ID smile.gif
sometrueno
Posted: Aug 1 2012, 12:58 AM

◆フェアレディZ POWER◆

Member No.: 11,599

Jeez, 12 years dude. That's insane haha. Officially the longest lasting English ID forum/site?

Congrats man!

While the activity has indeed died down, it seems like the core is always here (I used to pop in and out every now and then too) and y'all seem to be pretty cool with each other.

Hopefully a possible 5th stage does bring the place back to life, I'd absolutely love to see that.

This post has been edited by sometrueno on Aug 1 2012, 12:59 AM
Mazda ina Ford guy
Posted: Aug 1 2012, 03:22 AM

333 Half Evil

Member No.: 37,098

5th stage or no 5th stage, this community rocks, thanks Perry and the mod team. It's nice to see some members I only know through ancient posts, a new chapter begins!

Meteor
Posted: Aug 1 2012, 05:33 AM

Were you expecting something else?

Member No.: 20,929

12 years and still running. Congratulations IDW! happy.gif

Looking forward to see who returns on 8-6 day.
kyonpalm
Posted: Aug 1 2012, 06:00 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (Mazda ina Ford guy @ 2 hours, 38 minutes ago)
5th stage or no 5th stage, this community rocks

Amen to that! Thank you all for making up the greatest site I've ever been on, truly my 'net home-away-from-home. cool.gif
Lebon14
Posted: Aug 1 2012, 09:45 AM

🎧

Member No.: 18,005

Oh yeah. Happy B-Day IDW! happy.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Aug 1 2012, 09:52 AM

Patient Zero

Member No.: 37,947

AW GUYS! I'm getting warm and fuzzy feels from this thread! It is a FACT that you guys are the best and these are the most wonderful forums that I've ever been a part of. It is an honor to serve the community here for IDW in my short time here, I hope that I can continue to do so in the years to come. My only regret is that I didn't find Initial D earlier, I was really missing out on an amazing site. I have to say thank you to the strong community for making this possible, thank you Perry for creating this site, and thank you everyone for making this place one of my regular sites to come to! Happy birthday IDW. May you continue to prosper and grow for the years to come! happy.gif
babaya
Posted: Aug 1 2012, 10:30 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 921

QUOTE (THE_HONDA_CG2 @ 38 minutes, 17 seconds ago)
AW GUYS! I'm getting warm and fuzzy feels from this thread! It is a FACT that you guys are the best and these are the most wonderful forums that I've ever been a part of. It is an honor to serve the community here for IDW in my short time here, I hope that I can continue to do so in the years to come. My only regret is that I didn't find Initial D earlier, I was really missing out on an amazing site. I have to say thank you to the strong community for making this possible, thank you Perry for creating this site, and thank you everyone for making this place one of my regular sites to come to! Happy birthday IDW. May you continue to prosper and grow for the years to come! happy.gif

I totally agree with this, the amount of time Perry has put into IDForums is insanely beneficial and respected. Really just shows how much the admin here is actually dedicated in having a IDForum community, I believe he has succeeded and good things are awaited by waiting patiently, I think the upcoming new initial D stages will boost this forum with even more posts and users. I totally agree with your post, please continue with IDW for years to come!
Alex
Posted: Aug 1 2012, 03:47 PM

OG Member

Member No.: 111

user posted image
I love you guys! Sometimes I still can't believe we're into the double digits, and now we've made it a dozen years. So I bring you a donut for every year!
Perry, we can't thank you enough for bringing us all together into this community. For some of us it's been a part of our daily life for many years, and I for one am glad to see a light of hope for more IDW in the future.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Nomake Wan
Posted: Aug 1 2012, 06:38 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (Alex @ 2 hours, 50 minutes ago)
http://www.sodagar.biz/uploads/5/5/4/0/554...961071_orig.jpg
I love you guys! Sometimes I still can't believe we're into the double digits, and now we've made it a dozen years. So I bring you a donut for every year!
Perry, we can't thank you enough for bringing us all together into this community. For some of us it's been a part of our daily life for many years, and I for one am glad to see a light of hope for more IDW in the future.

America Runs On Dunkin. Unless you live in California, of course, where there is no Dunkin Donuts.

False advertising is false.

Happy Birthday, IDW!
Wanderer
Posted: Aug 1 2012, 06:41 PM

The Watcher

No Dunkin in Calif? I swear I've seen some around SJ.

Nomake Wan
Posted: Aug 1 2012, 06:55 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (ATRUM_Neto @ 13 minutes, 42 seconds ago)
No Dunkin in Calif? I swear I've seen some around SJ.

Negatory. There is, apparently, one in Camp Pendleton however. It's the only DD in California...and it's on a military base. laugh2.gif
Wanderer
Posted: Aug 1 2012, 08:36 PM

The Watcher

Bah, oh well. At least we have Psycho Donuts. awesome.gif

THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Aug 1 2012, 08:53 PM

Patient Zero

Member No.: 37,947

The heck man? The nearest Krispy Kreme to my house is at the Puente Hills Mall and that's up the mountain from me! I have to go to Chinese mom and pop shops for donuts and even then they taste terrible. They can never get the lemon creme filling right. Shoot, now I want a donut! derp.gif

Oh yes. I forgot this was a birthday thread. Needs birthday cake all up in here!

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1465 x 1303. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
Orisue
Posted: Aug 6 2012, 10:57 PM

The Lurker Kitty

Member No.: 37,618

Happy Birthday IDW!!!!!! whao its duh 12 years
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Renzeiken
Posted: Aug 7 2012, 10:16 AM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 18,032

Happy Birthday IDW! Its been a long time!
mamorunl
Posted: Aug 9 2012, 04:12 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 35,137

Yay! Happy birthday IDW biggrin.gif
fast focus
Posted: Aug 9 2012, 02:16 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 35,919

Happy birthday! what perfect timing.
RedsunsF1
Posted: Oct 26 2012, 11:34 AM

Nasa UT | FF FK8

Member No.: 38,401

Happy 12th late birthday ID world!! happy.gif
SkyDuDe
Posted: Oct 26 2012, 02:06 PM

The Crazy Portuguese

Member No.: 35,856

Happy birthday IDW 12 years running that's impressive for a community i guess tongue.gif
Jericho_MPM
Posted: Oct 29 2012, 04:45 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 31,630

QUOTE (SkyDuDe @ Oct 26 2012, 02:06 PM)
Happy birthday IDW 12 years running that's impressive for a community i guess tongue.gif

Not been here for a while but very glad to see it's reached year 12... smile.gif
Lebon14
Posted: Oct 29 2012, 05:05 PM

🎧

Member No.: 18,005

QUOTE (FFstrife @ Oct 26 2012, 03:34 PM)
Happy 12th late birthday ID world!!  happy.gif

QUOTE (Jericho_MPM @ 18 minutes, 31 seconds ago)
Not been here for a while but very glad to see it's reached year 12... smile.gif

QUOTE (SkyDuDe @ Oct 26 2012, 06:06 PM)

Your trains are late.

2 Pages  1 2