Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 3 unique listeners, playing (Wangan Midnight OST) Atalanta

3 Pages  1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 34,294  ·  Replies: 54 
> Forum Climate 2012, Forum activity stats
Smikey
Posted: Apr 3 2012, 01:57 PM

dafuq
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MAYOR
Member No.: 14,329

QUOTE (Tessou @ 2 minutes, 40 seconds ago)
It wasn't a cost-effective program, and it didn't work as intended. At the end, the CDs bought were to be auctioned off to members, but very few members actually cashed in on that portion, so there is still a fair amount of CDs still retained by IDW that were never purchased.

Anything good in that collection, like a list that is lurking about somewhere?
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
kyonpalm
Posted: Apr 3 2012, 02:00 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (Smikey @ 2 minutes, 40 seconds ago)
Anything good in that collection, like a list that is lurking about somewhere?

https://idforums.net/index.php?act=donate

Check the stuff there, anything that isn't listed as sold is still available (presumably.)
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Lebon14
Posted: Apr 3 2012, 02:10 PM

🎧

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 18,005

QUOTE (Tessou @ 16 minutes, 8 seconds ago)
It wasn't a cost-effective program, and it didn't work as intended. At the end, the CDs bought were to be auctioned off to members, but very few members actually cashed in on that portion, so there is still a fair amount of CDs still retained by IDW that were never purchased.

I could actually purchase them someday... only if Pear was actually online more often. (I know, he's in China right now)
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Tessou
  Posted: Apr 3 2012, 02:11 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,263

Yes, Perry is currently in possession of the CDs. I have no plans to acquire them, either.
logan510
Posted: Apr 3 2012, 02:30 PM

Trolling the 1%

Member No.: 5,831

Sorry about the earlier double post, didn't realize it until after the fact. Just trying to come up with some ideas to drum up more interest in the site thumbsup.gif

I'm sure this has been brought up, but what about making this place a little less Intital D centric and put the focus more into anime / video games...whateva?

Casey
kyonpalm
Posted: Apr 3 2012, 02:40 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (logan510 @ 9 minutes, 51 seconds ago)
I'm sure this has been brought up, but what about making this place a little less Intital D centric and put the focus more into anime / video games...whateva?

Casey

I think it's already pretty non-Initial D-centric, but more focus on Anime discussion would probably be a good idea. It's the only part of the forums that are really lacking in activity when it shouldn't.
RalliKai
Posted: Apr 3 2012, 03:39 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 3,607

Yeesh, I really wasn't paying attention then. I had no idea there was a soundtrack contest thrown. sad.gif

Used to lurk the most in the Automotive and General ID section but with the decline in activity, my attention drew towards the Gaming and General Discussion boards.
Spaz
Posted: Apr 3 2012, 08:37 PM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

Random thought...

As far as contests go, how about setting up a reference contest, where you add a "referring member" field on the sign-up form, and whoever gets the most referrals who make X number of posts by Y date wins something? We'd have to keep a close eye on IPs to catch smurf accounts, but at the end of the day it would generate traffic from old members and create active new ones as well.
logan510
Posted: Apr 3 2012, 09:22 PM

Trolling the 1%

QUOTE (Spaz @ 44 minutes, 13 seconds ago)
Random thought...

As far as contests go, how about setting up a reference contest, where you add a "referring member" field on the sign-up form, and whoever gets the most referrals who make X number of posts by Y date wins something? We'd have to keep a close eye on IPs to catch smurf accounts, but at the end of the day it would generate traffic from old members and create active new ones as well.

I like this idea. What better way to generate more traffic than by getting some fresh blood on here?

Spaz...I knew there was a reason I liked you wub.gif

Casey
Perry
Posted: Apr 4 2012, 01:56 AM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1

I like the sound of being recognized for referring new people here. I just want to add something to that idea. It would be better if we keep track of the posting activity of the people being referred, and in order to count as a referral they must make at least a certain amount of posts.

I think that's better than just blindly accepting a flood of new registrants.
kyonpalm
Posted: Apr 4 2012, 05:13 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Don't you remember the WME contest at all? That was one of the ways to get points! laugh.gif
Even Perry's idea was implemented - the referred members had to work up a post count. Anyway, I think it's a pretty good idea, but I don't think it worked for WME so well in the long run (most of the referred members never really came back, as far as I know.)
Tessou
  Posted: Apr 4 2012, 06:28 AM

Group Icon

One could argue that this would be justifying spam.

However, I did bring back two of the biggest spam threads of all time, so my concern has little weight. tongue.gif
Spaz
Posted: Apr 4 2012, 06:34 AM

Group Icon

QUOTE (Perry @ 4 hours, 38 minutes ago)
I like the sound of being recognized for referring new people here. I just want to add something to that idea. It would be better if we keep track of the posting activity of the people being referred, and in order to count as a referral they must make at least a certain amount of posts.

QUOTE (Spaz @ 9 hours, 56 minutes ago)
whoever gets the most referrals who make X number of posts by Y date wins something.

Way ahead of you, Perry!
logan510
Posted: Apr 4 2012, 03:26 PM

Trolling the 1%

QUOTE (Tessou @ 8 hours, 58 minutes ago)
One could argue that this would be justifying spam.

However, I did bring back two of the biggest spam threads of all time, so my concern has little weight. tongue.gif

At this point I don't think spam would be such a bad thing...as long as it was at least semi constructive.

Casey
Tessou
  Posted: Apr 4 2012, 03:29 PM

Group Icon

Truth, hence the big spam threads have been revived. The forum needs activity, and I don't intend to do anything about spam posts unless they're truly spam (bots, ads and such).
Möbius
Posted: Apr 10 2012, 04:01 PM

IDW Top Poster

Member No.: 3,524

QUOTE (Perry @ Apr 4 2012, 04:56 AM)

Blind refers should account for nothing.

Anyone wanting to run a contest, feel free to have a look at the rules of the one I ran some time ago :

https://idforums.net/index.php?showtopic=42...hl=extravaganza

Here were the rules I used :

Rules of the contest :

Everyone is automatically eligible, but it would be nice if everyone who plans to participate posts up in here about their intent, as it makes it easier for me to keep track of points awarded ( please consider that as meaning that I will not be keeping track of how many points you have if you don't post in here about your intent to participate ). Points are awarded for specific actions :

Making Posts
1 point for each post made during the month of November 2010. Please don't spam for the sake of getting points, let's try to get some decent conversation going. Posts that are deleted or moved to the Recirculation Section by the mod team will not count.

Creating Threads
5 points for each thread made during the month of November 2010. As with posts, please make real topics that encourage discussion. Any threads that are moved to the Recirculation Section or are deleted by the mod team will not count. And please make an effort, try not to post random polls that are not relevant to anything.

Recruiting New Members
10 points for each newly recruited member. Anyone from WME will not counts as a recruit, as they are members of a sister site anyway. All recruits are automatically eligible to enter the contest as well ( which is just as well, since I am introducing a requirement for recruits to count, a 30 post minimum ). Fake accounts are frowned upon and will result in automatic disqualification from the contest.

Additional Ways to Earn Points
Additional sub contests are planned to run at least one each week for additional ways to earn points. These will be announced as they are ready to run. Participants are advised to keep their eyes on this thread for upcoming notifications.

The one thing that I think promotes participation in forum activities the most is the last one, but I did not have any luck with it, not many people went for those points.
Spaz
Posted: Apr 10 2012, 07:37 PM

Group Icon

Speaking of climate change...

How's it going, Mobius? Planning to stick around?
fast focus
Posted: Aug 9 2012, 02:18 PM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 35,919

I think stage 5 may have saved this place!
kyonpalm
Posted: Aug 9 2012, 02:20 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (fast focus @ 2 minutes, 42 seconds ago)

I would have to disagree. I think IDW could have lasted a lot longer before this Fifth Stage announcement was made. We've all been prepared to wait a long time for it to start, so this was even a bit early to some of us.
fast focus
Posted: Aug 9 2012, 02:56 PM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 35,919

I have to say hats off it's an amazing resource, i'm downloading some of the europop as we speak. Thank god it was kept going.
Smiley_DC2
Posted: Aug 10 2012, 11:22 AM

Akagi's LanEvo Killer

Member No.: 1,751

QUOTE (fast focus @ Yesterday, 9:18 AM)

yes and negatory..

negatory because it has survived for such a long time without ant new Initial D releases and the community is quite vibrant on the current manga and arcade stage release discussion as well as off topic stuff, automotive and general gaming

yes of course with the influx of new members after the 5th stage annoucement was made, and the awesome return of so many great old school members

nonetheless good times are ahead of us very very soon, i'm very excited about this too!! happy.gif happy.gif
Möbius
Posted: Aug 10 2012, 02:32 PM

IDW Top Poster

QUOTE (Smiley_DC2 @ 3 hours, 9 minutes ago)
yes and negatory..

negatory because it has survived for such a long time without ant new Initial D releases and the community is quite vibrant on the current manga and arcade stage release discussion as well as off topic stuff, automotive and general gaming

yes of course with the influx of new members after the 5th stage annoucement was made, and the awesome return of so many great old school members

nonetheless good times are ahead of us very very soon, i'm very excited about this too!! happy.gif  happy.gif

I don't know man, where is this influx of new members and return of many old school members that you are talking of?

This post has been edited by Möbius on Aug 10 2012, 02:33 PM
Wanderer
Posted: Aug 10 2012, 05:07 PM

The Watcher

Member No.: 35,816

Geese Mobius, it's like you've been covering your eyes or something.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Möbius
Posted: Aug 10 2012, 05:10 PM

IDW Top Poster

QUOTE (ATRUM_Neto @ 2 minutes, 49 seconds ago)
Geese Mobius, it's like you've been covering your eyes or something.

You guys must be used to smaller forums.

Influx would be huge, I've seen maybe half a dozen new members actually post? Is that supposed to be huge?

Where's the "many" old school members returning?

Steve posted twice, which is just about his norm, and Kev posted three times?

I haven't seen anything to get excited about ( not yet anyways derp.gif ).

Not being pessimistic, just looking at things the way they are. wink2.gif

Edit : Numbers are not biased, if you do not believe me, then believe the numbers :

Möbius  Oct 2nd 2004  33,121  21  13.91%
SonicSP  Aug 27th 2010  444  9  5.96%
Spaz  Jul 25th 2008  6,134  8  5.30%
chillined  Mar 10th 2007  1,202  7  4.64%
Blues  Feb 8th 2006  617  7  4.64%
Perry  Sep 15th 2002  6,795  5  3.31%
Nicholas86  Jan 8th 2011  180  5  3.31%
FFstrife  Feb 29th 2012  15  4  2.65%
AndyK  Jul 30th 2012  6  4  2.65%
Nomake Wan  Feb 6th 2005  13,434  4  2.65%

One new member made the top ten ( requires only 4 posts! ), and one returning oldish member.

If said "influx of new members" that you imply is happening already, then they are all just lurkers. All I am saying is that it is making no effect on activity. Forum is still as dead as it ever was.

This post has been edited by Möbius on Aug 10 2012, 05:13 PM
Nomake Wan
Posted: Aug 10 2012, 05:52 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (Möbius @ 42 minutes, 16 seconds ago)
You guys must be used to smaller forums.

Influx would be huge, I've seen maybe half a dozen new members actually post? Is that supposed to be huge?

Where's the "many" old school members returning?

Steve posted twice, which is just about his norm, and Kev posted three times?

I haven't seen anything to get excited about ( not yet anyways derp.gif ).

Not being pessimistic, just looking at things the way they are. wink2.gif

Edit : Numbers are not biased, if you do not believe me, then believe the numbers :

One new member made the top ten ( requires only 4 posts! ), and one returning oldish member.

If said "influx of new members" that you imply is happening already, then they are all just lurkers. All I am saying is that it is making no effect on activity. Forum is still as dead as it ever was.

Please check the Fifth Stage threads in Announcements as well as Initial D General Discussion. Many old members have come back as a result of the news.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

3 Pages  1 2 3