Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - 7Days of Love

3 Pages  1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 35,402  ·  Replies: 56 
> New Moderators, Welcome to the team
Tessou
    Posted: Mar 30 2012, 09:08 AM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

After reviewing their histories, I have determined that Spaz and THE_HONDA_CG2 are going to be the first half of my new moderation team. The remaining two will be announced at a later date.

Please welcome and congratulate these two, and know that they have my complete trust in their abilities. happy.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
APX
Posted: Mar 30 2012, 11:45 AM

Join the Empire today! Or die, rebel scum!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,473

Good luck you two. smile.gif
Jericho_MPM
Posted: Mar 30 2012, 12:32 PM

IDW Senior Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 31,630

Congrats to the pair.
Shintaro
Posted: Mar 30 2012, 01:11 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 31,828

Best of luck to the new team.
Smikey
Posted: Mar 30 2012, 01:24 PM

dafuq
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MAYOR
Member No.: 14,329

Congrats you guys
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
kyonpalm
Posted: Mar 30 2012, 03:24 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Member No.: 30,882

Nice! Spaz, you deserve it. Honda, you may be the quickest to get a mod spot I've ever known!
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Mar 30 2012, 03:33 PM

Patient Zero

Member No.: 37,947

Thank you everyone for the congratulations! Your support means a lot to me. Oh and I hear you kyon! Never in a million years would I imagine myself in the mod position. But I promise to try my best! Thank you for my trusting me Tess! I will not let you guys down! happy.gif
Spaz
Posted: Mar 30 2012, 07:27 PM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the votes of confidence and well wishes. I don't plan to disappoint, though I feel the board's gotten pretty good at self-moderating in the past 6 months and as such things shouldn't be too difficult. smile.gif
Tessou
  Posted: Mar 31 2012, 09:28 AM

Group Icon

Alastair is the latest recruit to my sleek, sexy new mod team. I could only guess that he'll primarily hang out in the music section.

One more to determine. I'm balancing a TON of recent requests, so please bear with me. It could be a while before I make this tough decision.
Tessou
  Posted: Mar 31 2012, 03:38 PM

Group Icon

APX is a wild card and is prone to surprising posts, but I have entrusted him with responsibility, and hope he understands the weight such trust carries.

Don't fail me, my faithful Lieutenants. My promise to deliver swift action to abusers is most definitely still intact.
Meteor
Posted: Mar 31 2012, 11:39 PM

Were you expecting something else?

Member No.: 20,929

Congrats to all four of you smile.gif
sargeta
Posted: Apr 1 2012, 12:24 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 35,901

Congratulations to the new team!
Mazda ina Ford guy
Posted: Apr 2 2012, 04:24 PM

333 Half Evil

Member No.: 37,098

Congratulations new Mods!

Nice of you all to work for free for Tessuo! Nelson Muntz laugh "Ha-ha!" Suckers! tongue.gif
logan510
Posted: Apr 2 2012, 05:16 PM

Trolling the 1%

Member No.: 5,831

Congrats to the new team, all of the appointments are well deserved.

Casey

( man, that almost hurt )
kyonpalm
Posted: Apr 25 2012, 01:17 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

So it's been a few days since I was promoted, but I needed some time to get my thoughts together to address this formally here. I don't want to be all "INTERNET SRS BZNISS" but still.

Having been a part of this place for just exactly 3 years, 6 months and 9.11 days, I have occasionally toyed with the idea of serving it as a moderator, but never went far enough to actually ask because for a long time this place has seemed too inactive for the slew of moderators we once had. I believe this will change, and so I took the opportunity I was given this April and submitted an application.

I do take this position seriously, and want to put out there that blatant violations of rules will not be allowed as they have in the past. I will not be so lenient. That does not mean I am or will be biased in any situation(s), it simply means I will take proper action to prevent the disrespect some members direct at others from occuring as often as it has. Hopefully the "permanent" system we now have for warns will be enough to discourage this behaivor, but we will see. Of course I don't want these issues to happen to begin with, but I feel I should say this anyway.

I didn't want to make this such an off-putting introduction, but there isn't much more I can say about this position and how it relates to me. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at any time. Just know that I will be very thorough (for the time being, I am checking every post to come through every forum) and very fair. I will almost always discuss issues with the other moderators/administrators on staff, so you can rest assured that each action taken is indeed an action from THE MODERATION TEAM, and not a rogue, biased, single-person-made action as has happened in the past.

Happily serving you,
-kyonpalm
Smikey
Posted: Apr 25 2012, 02:05 PM

dafuq
Group Icon

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 48 minutes, 21 seconds ago)
So it's been a few days since I was promoted, but I needed some time to get my thoughts together to address this formally here. I don't want to be all "INTERNET SRS BZNISS" but still.

Having been a part of this place for just exactly 3 years, 6 months and 9.11 days, I have occasionally toyed with the idea of serving it as a moderator, but never went far enough to actually ask because for a long time this place has seemed too inactive for the slew of moderators we once had. I believe this will change, and so I took the opportunity I was given this April and submitted an application.

I do take this position seriously, and want to put out there that blatant violations of rules will not be allowed as they have in the past. I will not be so lenient. That does not mean I am or will be biased in any situation(s), it simply means I will take proper action to prevent the disrespect some members direct at others from occuring as often as it has. Hopefully the "permanent" system we now have for warns will be enough to discourage this behaivor, but we will see. Of course I don't want these issues to happen to begin with, but I feel I should say this anyway.

I didn't want to make this such an off-putting introduction, but there isn't much more I can say about this position and how it relates to me. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at any time. Just know that I will be very thorough (for the time being, I am checking every post to come through every forum) and very fair. I will almost always discuss issues with the other moderators/administrators on staff, so you can rest assured that each action taken is indeed an action from THE MODERATION TEAM, and not a rogue, biased, single-person-made action as has happened in the past.

Happily serving you,
-kyonpalm

Mayor here. And I approve of this message.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 25 2012, 02:19 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

I would like to say on the record that the Forum Mayor banner is the most amazing banner this forum has ever conceived bar-none.
logan510
Posted: Apr 25 2012, 06:38 PM

Trolling the 1%

Member No.: 5,831

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 4 hours, 18 minutes ago)
I would like to say on the record that the Forum Mayor banner is the most amazing banner this forum has ever conceived bar-none.

I have to agree, it's pretty sweet.

Casey
Rudy
Posted: Apr 25 2012, 07:06 PM

Unregistered

(THIS POST WAS REMOVED BY REQUEST)

This post has been edited by Demon Boost on Apr 25 2012, 07:08 PM
kyonpalm
Posted: Apr 25 2012, 09:55 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Sukeban's story is actually pretty unique. It is one that is before my time, yet one I cannot get a clear understanding of by reading old threads. It's blurry. I probably had to be there.

I think your real question was more like do I know why we do not clearly state on a member's profile when they are banned? I'm not sure, could you explain further?

This post has been edited by kyonpalm on Apr 25 2012, 09:57 PM
Smikey
Posted: Apr 25 2012, 10:10 PM

dafuq
Group Icon

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 15 minutes, 1 seconds ago)
Sukeban's story is actually pretty unique. It is one that is before my time, yet one I cannot get a clear understanding of by reading old threads. It's blurry. I probably had to be there.

I think your real question was more like do I know why we do not clearly state on a member's profile when they are banned? I'm not sure, could you explain further?

Basically, she decides to fake commit suicide and her internet bf plays along. A few other members including myself decide to investigate. Some of us feel really awful, myself included, because her suicide came after the "IDW Spartan" Mass banning April Fools Prank. Dave Rodgers says its false, I ignorantly say its not. I investigate. She comes back a few days later like, "LOL GUIZ I R NOT DED". I look like a tool. She has lulz. Dave Rodgers makes a parody to American Pie by Don McLeod... I mean Don McLean. She rages then decides to leave the community by having Perry ban her account permanently under the notion she will not come back and make another account (iirc).

Hope that clarifies some of it.
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Apr 25 2012, 10:20 PM

Patient Zero

Member No.: 37,947

Once again, congratulations Kyon, welcome to the team. Your dedication is nothing short of awe-inspiring. Your position is well earned and I had the feeling it was going to come to you soon enough. smile.gif

QUOTE (Smikey @ 8 minutes, 10 seconds ago)
Basically, she decides to fake commit suicide and her internet bf plays along. A few other members including myself decide to investigate. Some of us feel really awful, myself included, because her suicide came after the "IDW Spartan" Mass banning April Fools Prank. Dave Rodgers says its false, I ignorantly say its not. I investigate. She comes back a few days later like, "LOL GUIZ I R NOT DED". I look like a tool. She has lulz. Dave Rodgers makes a parody to American Pie by Don McLeod... I mean Don McLean. She rages then decides to leave the community by having Perry ban her account permanently under the notion she will not come back and make another account (iirc).

Hope that clarifies some of it.

Well, that explains some of that mysterious situation. It looks like the forums had a lot of drama back in the day, and that sounds like some dark history that didn't have any place being mentioned here. So now I must ask. Demon Boost, why did you bring something like that up? Care to clarify how this is pertinent to the topic at hand?
Smikey
Posted: Apr 25 2012, 10:22 PM

dafuq
Group Icon

QUOTE (THE_HONDA_CG2 @ 1 minute, 50 seconds ago)
Once again, congratulations Kyon, welcome to the team. Your dedication is nothing short of awe-inspiring. Your position is well earned and I had the feeling it was going to come to you soon enough. smile.gif

Well, that explains some of that mysterious situation. It looks like the forums had a lot of drama back in the day, and that sounds like some dark history that didn't have any place being mentioned here. So now I must ask. Demon Boost, why did you bring something like that up? Care to clarify how this is pertinent to the topic at hand?

He is insinuating she has returned to the boards. But, in reality he has his facts screwed up.

EDIT: Lemme rephrase that. He is insinuating she has returned to the boards, whilst he may be correct, I think the people he may claim are her and some of the facts he brings to the table are not correct in the sense of relating to her.

EDIT 2: Maybe not...

This post has been edited by Smikey on Apr 25 2012, 10:32 PM
kyonpalm
Posted: Apr 25 2012, 10:35 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

I've re-read the April Fool's thread, it makes more sense now. I'd rather not go further into this, I don't see it going anywhere good.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 26 2012, 02:06 AM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

Oh man, those days were lulz. I still have the signature from that incident. laugh.gif

Not sure what point AJ's trying to make though. Needs more details!

3 Pages  1 2 3